PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Arcane Disciple on a Duskblade, what to pick?

Daftendirekt
2012-06-23, 10:58 AM
Like the topic says; I'm making a duskblade and picking up Arcane Disciple, but am not quite sure what to choose.

To be more specific, I'm making this character to submit for an epic game (25th level) and my character is so far Duskblade 5, Warblade 1, JPM 10, Abjurant Champion 5. I am telling you this merely to help your decision on what to advise. Please do not give me build advice. I am only here for domain suggestions. Thanks in advance!

sonofzeal
2012-06-23, 11:08 AM
Wrath gives Rhino Rush - swift cast as part of a charge, and do double damage. Combine with White Raven for pwnage.

Bloodgruve
2012-06-23, 11:11 AM
I would take Travel or maybe Strength. Travel gets you Teleport, dimension door some other movement. Strength gives you enlarge person and righteous might. There are a few out of the spell compendium that give you divine power but you should be good on BAB.

If you're building epic look at a dip in Archivist and Versatile Spellcaster for full divine spell list shenanigans. Harm on a Duskblade 13 full attack..

GL
Blood~

Daftendirekt
2012-06-23, 11:21 AM
Ah, yes, Travel sounds like a good choice. I think I'll go with that.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-23, 11:42 AM
One of my players chose Good domain once.

Snowbluff
2012-06-23, 03:15 PM
If you can, get a Bloodline feat. You can use them more than 1/day.

IIRC, picking up Harm is a good way to cap off a DB. Divine Crusader anyone?

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-23, 03:25 PM
Well, since you don't get full-attack channeling, I think Good domain is indeed the best choice.

Daftendirekt
2012-06-23, 04:52 PM
Well, since you don't get full-attack channeling, I think Good domain is indeed the best choice.
Protection from Evil, Aid, Magic Circle against Evil, Holy Smite, and Dispel Evil... not that impressive.

Snowbluff
2012-06-23, 07:01 PM
Wait, you aren't going DB 13?

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-24, 12:24 PM
Wait, you aren't going DB 13?

Wait, you haven't read the OP? :smallamused:

Snowbluff
2012-06-24, 12:37 PM
Wait, you haven't read the OP? :smallamused:

Yeah, it's just... wow, I haven't seen this before. Just... wow. DB5 just doesn't compute. It hits my brain, which then goes "nope" and I forget I read it.

Bestow Curse would be nice. Would be better if you guys don't use the Extra Spell Errata.

Talionis
2012-06-24, 02:12 PM
Apprentice Feat (Spellcaster) from Dungeon Masters Guide 2 will allow you to switch out and search out some stronger spells not on the list, especially Touch spells.

Grim Reader
2012-06-24, 02:19 PM
If you can, get a Bloodline feat. You can use them more than 1/day.

IIRC, picking up Harm is a good way to cap off a DB. Divine Crusader anyone?
Two levels of Wyrm Wizard is faster.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-24, 02:51 PM
Two levels of Wyrm Wizard is faster.
Two levels of Wyrm Wizard gives you... one spell.
If you want a lot of spells, look nofarther than a dip in Sandshaper. Probably the best bang for your buck.
The OP, however, specifically requested not to be given build advice.

Grim Reader
2012-06-24, 03:39 PM
Two levels of Wyrm Wizard gives you... one spell.
If you want a lot of spells, look nofarther than a dip in Sandshaper. Probably the best bang for your buck.
The OP, however, specifically requested not to be given build advice.

I was adressing Snowbluff. If you want to full-channel Harm, two levels of Wyrm Wizard and pick it off the Adept list. It is faster than working your way up to it with Divine Crusader. Leavess you lots of levels for whatever else you want.

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-24, 03:43 PM
I was adressing Snowbluff. If you want to full-channel Harm, two levels of Wyrm Wizard and pick it off the Adept list. It is faster than working your way up to it with Divine Crusader. Leavess you lots of levels for whatever else you want.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wyrm Wizard limited to low levels in the spells he can pick up? I was pretty sure the first spell had to be 1st level. Then again, I'm AFB.

Metahuman1
2012-06-24, 04:45 PM
I second Strength and Travel Domain. The Freedom of Movement power form travel will be handy, and it offers some useful buffs/out of combat spells. And Strength will give you some of the better buffs you can lay hands on.

eggs
2012-06-24, 04:52 PM
Arcane Disciple doesn't give domain powers, and the Duskblade already has some teleports and flight abilities.

Transformation domain is available to all deities, right? That has some pretty unique effects for this.

EDIT: Forgot how Transformation worked.

Grim Reader
2012-06-25, 04:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Wyrm Wizard limited to low levels in the spells he can pick up? I was pretty sure the first spell had to be 1st level. Then again, I'm AFB.

I had to look it up now:)

No, it is any spell of a level equal to or lower than the highest level arcane spell you can prepare and cast.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-06-25, 04:42 PM
It can be fixed with the Arcane Preparation feat, though I don't think it is worth it, considering that you loose BAB and possibly a CL (can't remember Wyrm Wizard progression)

Talionis
2012-06-25, 06:43 PM
You loose at least one caster level getting into Worm Wizard at level one of it and get your first spell at level two.

Magic Domain lets you prepare the Anyspell series which might be of interest.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-06-25, 06:51 PM
Anyspell doesn't work as you need to prepare it in a Domain slot, which to the best of my knowledge are only accessible to clerics.

kladams707
2013-07-27, 05:57 AM
I know Haste not being on the Duskblade list is often a sticking point so the Celerity domain (CDiv/SpC) might be worth considering.