PDA

View Full Version : Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition

Jeivar
2012-06-23, 12:04 PM
I played the enhanced version of the first game and the original version of Witcher 2.
Can someone tell me just what the EE adds? Is it just a host of little tweaks or does it add something that justifies an entire new playthrough, even on the same path?

Yora
2012-06-23, 12:09 PM
There was mention of new quests adding up to 2 or 4 hours.

Morty
2012-06-26, 11:57 AM
If the size of the download is any indication, it's pretty big. I'll probably try it out sooner or later - I still need to make a playthrough where I go down Roche's path.

Driderman
2012-06-26, 06:10 PM
If the size of the download is any indication, it's pretty big. I'll probably try it out sooner or later - I still need to make a playthrough where I go down Roche's path.

The file might just be big because, if I remember correctly, it also adds graphical updates and more voice-work.

Opperhapsen
2012-06-26, 06:49 PM
A couple of new quests (Two or three) some gear, a lot of tweaks to make the experience more tolerable, and with the newest update most of those little nagging things that would otherwise annoy you are gone. (Like having to manually switch to the cheap and plentiful ingredients, or accidentally buying the same recipe more than once)

Jeivar
2012-06-27, 01:25 AM
A couple of new quests (Two or three) some gear, a lot of tweaks to make the experience more tolerable, and with the newest update most of those little nagging things that would otherwise annoy you are gone. (Like having to manually switch to the cheap and plentiful ingredients, or accidentally buying the same recipe more than once)

Well, that's good. The inventory was more nightmarish than any of the actual monsters.
Did they do any fixes to the potion system?

Opperhapsen
2012-06-28, 10:17 PM
Well, that's good. The inventory was more nightmarish than any of the actual monsters.
Did they do any fixes to the potion system?
The system for drinking potions is still the same, alchemy is better (as I said previously)

There is still no reason to use anything but wolf+rook(/Petri's Philter depending on preference)+swallow. :smallfrown:

iyaerP
2012-06-29, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I found it funny because the Witcher 1 potion/inventory/skill/spell sytem, basically everything about the entire UI, was easier and more convinient to use than the one they made for witcher 2.

Jeivar
2012-06-29, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I found it funny because the Witcher 1 potion/inventory/skill/spell sytem, basically everything about the entire UI, was easier and more convinient to use than the one they made for witcher 2.

And you could quaff a potion at any time, making them actually relevant. I honestly don't understand why Geralt now has to sit down and mediate in order to drink from a small bottle.

Morty
2012-06-29, 10:29 AM

Agreed. I'm still at a loss as to why they changed the simple, easy and clean inventory from Witcher 1 into the nightmare Witcher 2 has. And of course, an obligatory crafting system. :smallyuk:

Driderman
2012-06-29, 03:20 PM
Agreed. I'm still at a loss as to why they changed the simple, easy and clean inventory from Witcher 1 into the nightmare Witcher 2 has. And of course, an obligatory crafting system. :smallyuk:

I actually never made it further than the first town, due to that horrible, horrible inventory system. I tried twice, but I just can't deal with it.

Mx.Silver
2012-06-30, 07:33 PM

Yeah, this was easily the most baffling decision they made.

Tengu_temp
2012-06-30, 07:49 PM

Bad attempt at making a system that also works for consoles, I guess? I didn't mind the crafting, though. My only problem with it was that components were way too heavy - I never recall Geralt running around with 50 pounds of wood with him in the novels!

Crappy inventory system aside, Witcher 2 is still my favorite game of 2011. I should replay it with the Enhanced Edition.