PDA

View Full Version : Can a Ghost (from Ghostwalk) hold stuff?

danzibr
2012-06-23, 09:20 PM
The picture on page 163 of the Ghost Dwarf has him holding an axe and wearing armor. However, they're naturally incorporeal and hence have no Str. Do they carry incorporeal stuff or nothing at all while incorporeal?

TuggyNE
2012-06-23, 09:25 PM
The picture on page 163 of the Ghost Dwarf has him holding an axe and wearing armor. However, they're naturally incorporeal and hence have no Str. Do they carry incorporeal stuff or nothing at all while incorporeal?

Despite the differences Ghostwalk introduces, I suspect it's based on the usual ghosts:
When a ghost forms, all its equipment and carried items usually become ethereal along with it. In addition, the ghost retains 2d4 items that it particularly valued in life (provided they are not in another creature’s possession). The equipment works normally on the Ethereal Plane but passes harmlessly through material objects or creatures. A weapon of +1 or better magical enhancement, however, can harm material creatures when the ghost manifests, but any such attack has a 50% chance to fail unless the weapon is a ghost touch weapon (just as magic weapons can fail to harm the ghost).

The original material items remain behind, just as the ghost’s physical remains do. If another creature seizes the original, the ethereal copy fades away. This loss invariably angers the ghost, who stops at nothing to return the item to its original resting place.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-06-24, 04:32 PM
Depends. If the ghost in question is in the X miles zone near manifest, then he's corporeal. If he has the feat ectoplasm then he can apply sticky ectoplasm to anything he needs to use without having to give up his incorporeality. There's a ring in the magic item section that allows a ghost to remain corporeal outside of the region around manifest. But otherwise, no. Ghostwalk ghosts are just as incorporeal as a ghost from any other setting.

VGLordR2
2012-06-24, 08:45 PM
I think the Ghostwalk ghost has incorporeal versions of any equipment that is with its corpse. I think.

There's also the Ghostly Grasp feat.