PDA

View Full Version : Spells with permanent metamagic.

Corwin_of_Amber
2012-06-23, 10:45 PM
Is it possible for a spontaneous caster to use one of his spells known to learn a spell permanently modified by a metamagic? Assume he has the specific metamagic feat.

Namfuak
2012-06-23, 11:07 PM
Is it possible for a spontaneous caster to use one of his spells known to learn a spell permanently modified by a metamagic? Assume he has the specific metamagic feat.

I can't think of any particular ACF that does this off the top of my head, but unless it reduced the casting time what's the point of doing this versus doing it on the spot?

If you want to reduce the casting time down from a full-round action, the sorcerer variant from PHBII may be useful for you.

terminusdrop321
2012-06-23, 11:12 PM
Perhaps the Wu Jen's spell secret feature is what you are looking for?

Kalaska'Agathas
2012-06-23, 11:13 PM
I can't think of any particular ACF that does this off the top of my head, but unless it reduced the casting time what's the point of doing this versus doing it on the spot?

If you want to reduce the casting time down from a full-round action, the sorcerer variant from PHBII may be useful for you.

Alternately, the feat Rapid Metamagic (Complete Mage (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061010a&page=2))

The Dark Fiddler
2012-06-24, 10:42 AM
No, but you can design a version of the spell permanently altered by the metamagic spell, and learn that if your DM approves the spell.

Amidus Drexel
2012-06-24, 03:00 PM
Unless I'm reading your sentence wrong (quite possible), I think the Archmage PrC has something similar to what you want. You sacrifice some spell slots to get a spell as a SLA, and you are given the option to use metamagic feats on it beforehand.