PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfire Adepts, the Dragonborn of D&D

Annos
2012-06-24, 11:50 AM
So if you've seen any of my other posts you'll know I'm obsessed with Dragon related Charecters. So a couple of months ago me, my friend and my friends dad were playing a game of D&D. Both me and my friend love the elderscrolls series. so when I used my fire breath attack, he said to shout YOL just for fun. So I did, then I changed my Charecter from a Level 2 Dragonfire Adept to a Level 2 Dovakiin. Today I remembered Force dragons while trying to make a knew charecter for the main campain (a Level 4 Necromantic Sorcerer that "had" a necrophilic familier lost it's flavor) and saw that at level 15 they could aquire a Force Breath attack. so their I was thinking... FUS RO DAH!:belkar:

Kaje
2012-06-24, 11:52 AM
Confused. Is there a question? Is there a purpose? Also, I'm pretty sure Dragonborn are the Dragonborn of D&D.

Annos
2012-06-24, 12:04 PM
Ya, but dragonborn are more draconic versions of themselves and are created through unyeilding faith towards bahumat. Dragonfire Adepts can be of whatever race and not have it changed and of any alignment. though being neutrel is difficult to roleplay due to dragons usually taking a side)

Mystic Muse
2012-06-24, 12:06 PM
Confused. Is there a question? Is there a purpose? Also, I'm pretty sure Dragonborn are the Dragonborn of D&D.

He means Dragonborn as in the Dovahkiin from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, not as in the Dragonborn of Bahamut.

EDIT: Ninja'd

eggs
2012-06-24, 12:33 PM
So if you've seen any of my other posts you'll know I'm absessed with Dragon related Charecters.
You should see a doctor about that.

Annos
2012-06-24, 12:48 PM
Why? I like dragons, wether it's slaying them in the name of Buhamat, or being a Dragonblooded Charecter.

VGLordR2
2012-06-24, 01:06 PM
It's because you misspelled "obsessed". It sounds like you're saying abscessed, which is very different.

Annos
2012-06-24, 01:10 PM
Shoot, I thought I found all the typo's.:elan:

Annos
2012-06-24, 01:13 PM
Problem solved... I hope:smallfrown:

Kuulvheysoon
2012-06-24, 01:36 PM
Ya, but dragonborn are more draconic versions of themselves and are created through unyeilding faith towards bahumat. Dragonfire Adepts can be of whatever race and not have it changed and of any alignment. Though being neutrel is difficult to roleplay due to dragons usually taking a side)

There's the Gem Dragons (MM2), Sand Dragon (Sand) and the Fang Dragon (Dra) that are all neutral on a Good/Evil scale.

It's more than slightly unfair that the Evil DFA capstone breath (Fivefold Breath of Tiamat) is so much better than the Good DFA breath (Discorporating Breath of Bahamut).

Annos
2012-06-24, 01:38 PM
Well thats when you house rule stuff in, also Quicken Breath feat ROCKS, using dragonbreath as a swift action is REALLY usefull.:smallbiggrin:

Turok124
2012-06-24, 09:33 PM
Well thats when you house rule stuff in, also Quicken Breath feat ROCKS, using dragonbreath as a swift action is REALLY usefull.:smallbiggrin:

1) hard for players to make houserules

2) metabreath feats for DFA's are VERY dependent on dm judgement since they technically don't qualify for them.

killianh
2012-06-24, 09:57 PM
1) hard for players to make houserules

2) metabreath feats for DFA's are VERY dependent on dm judgement since they technically don't qualify for them.

if you take the feat Power Surge and apply it to your breath then it forces you to wait a round before you can use it. To qualify for metabreath feats you must have a breath weapon with uses that can be measured in rounds. Thus with this feat the DFA has a breath weapon that can be measured in rounds (rather than just a standard action) and qualifies for metabreath