PDA

View Full Version : Nature's Warrior and Master of Many Forms

Tvtyrant
2012-06-25, 09:48 AM
Nature's Warrior has an ability, "Wildling," which advances wildshape abilities. My question is whether it would also advance the Master of Many Forms' wildshaping abilities, or if the wording means it only advances along the Druid's track.

Urpriest
2012-06-25, 09:52 AM
The wording looks like it only advances along the Druid track.

VGLordR2
2012-06-25, 11:36 AM
The Updated Master of Many Forms Bible (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528526/updated_Master_of_Many_Forms_Bible__official_wild_ shape_rules) seems to think that they stack. I think it's because the MoMF has errata that allows stacking, IIRC.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-25, 01:51 PM
Your Nature's Warrior levels get added to your effective Druid level for your Wild Shape max HD and duration. Nature's Warrior does not advance your MoMF class features, because it only advances a Wild Shape class feature and MoMF grants a different class feature called Improved Wild Shape.

Tvtyrant
2012-06-25, 03:07 PM
So my initial suspicion that it wouldn't work is correct. This saddens me. :smallfrown:

VGLordR2
2012-06-25, 03:42 PM
Page 59: Improved Wild Shape (class feature)
Add the following text to the end of the improved wild shape ability description: The master of many forms’ class levels stack with other class levels that grant wild shape for the purpose of determining the maximum Hit Dice of a form.

The way I see it, they stack. If not by RAW, then at least by RAI.

Urpriest
2012-06-25, 03:47 PM
The way I see it, they stack. If not by RAW, then at least by RAI.

The levels stack, yes. I see no argument that you get MoMF wild shape improvements (size increases, new types) instead of Druid ones, though. What makes you think the MoMF progression would be the preferred choice in this instance?

VGLordR2
2012-06-25, 03:55 PM
The levels stack, yes. I see no argument that you get MoMF wild shape improvements (size increases, new types) instead of Druid ones, though. What makes you think the MoMF progression would be the preferred choice in this instance?

Ooooooooooooh. I apparently misread the original post. I thought he was talking about the increases to the HD cap stacking. I do not think that the MoMF's Wild Shape will advance through Nature's Warrior; after all, that would reduce the MoMF to a one-level dip, since all it is is wild shaping.