PDA

View Full Version : Death In the Trenches [Hollow IC]

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-25, 11:56 AM
Come to the human world, they said. It’s a buffet, they said. Souls for the taking all over and you don’t even need to kill them yourselves. They forgot to mention the chaos down here. True, there are souls for the taking, but they are created and wiped out just as quickly, and the news of the buffet drew more than just yourselves – and worse still, the soul reapers were out in just as much force, and overwork and constant irritation had left them
with less mercy on your kind than usual.

You've been stranded out here on what should have been the pituresce fields of france if not for the elching warmachines and mayhem, survivng on scraps and scrapes without the ability to return to Heuco Mundo. It has been a long, painful and exhausting stay...

...Still, at least you now have a chance at a meal, a small gathering of unclaimed spirits. Unfrtunatly, you weren’t the only one to notice the chance of a meal, and a mass of other hollows has gathered against you

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Am1FdH22KnOQdE9vY1hZQzlKLXpDWkotM0I3UjR5Y mc&pli=1#gid=0)
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13453110#post13453110)

You’re up to act :smallsmile: we’ll be using group initaitve because it’s easier to keep track of and helps pacing.
Sorry for dropping you straight into combat, but I thought it went well with the setting ;).

also, watch your step. mundane things can't hurt you, but a landmine can still knock you over :smallwink:

Plusses can be claimed (either eaten/put away fro experimentation/break chain of fate etc) as a full round action that provokes an AoO. You will receive better stuff the more you manage to claim :).

Maugan Ra
2012-06-25, 12:38 PM
Royce advances, his heavy set quadrupedal form making him look like an oversized wolf as he lunges for the nearest of the souls loosed upon the battlefield. He seizes one in his fanged maw and consumes the unfortunate with shockingly rapid speed.

That done, he pauses and eyes the world around him, lupine head swinging from side to side as he weighs up the competition.

"This one is mine." he snarls. "Get your own."

OOC:
Advance on the plus soul in G6, and if its an option, spend the full action to consume it. Otherwise stand over it and claim it for his own.

UpholderSSK
2012-06-25, 04:25 PM
Zuazo laughs, low and rumbling and full of hunger. It is no human laugh. His massive body pushes aside rocks and spent shell casings as he swims alongside his companions. When the wolf pounces immediately upon the closest prey, the masked shark begins to dive deeper into the earth.

"We've had so much food lately -- what I want is some excitement!"

OOC

If I can run using my burrow speed as normal, Zuazo dives underground and moves to E16. Otherwise, he'll dive and move normal distance to E10.

Theroc
2012-06-25, 09:11 PM
Alexis says nothing when he came upon the sight. There was food, and the food made him stronger. Therefor he'd eat. He moved forward without much consideration for enemies, though he was ready to defend himself should he be attacked.

Move to L9 and attempt to eat it unless someone directly prevents this(Or if I would somehow provoke an AoO from it.

Dire Reverend
2012-06-25, 10:56 PM
Fumblefoot looks at Royce and laughs.
"Where's the fun in eating if you don't play with your food first?"
He draws his sai. "Shokkusai, Stormblade!"
Fumblefoot's sai begins to crackle with red electricity. He then runs toward the closest unclaimed plus, smiling.

Activating Crackling Blade, and moving to K10.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-26, 09:37 AM
The four of you move forward to claim your prey, threatening the souls and preparing to feast (full round action to eat them :smallwink: as said in spoiler)

@ Uphoalder: you can't run whilst burrowing, as per normal rules.

The other hollows, upon seeing you, cease their previous in-fighting and turn their attentions to you, advancing slowly.

Hollow 7 sets its sights onroyce, launching a mass of sticky stuff at him. (reflex save or be unable to move)

Hollow 2 lunges towards fumblefoot, its jaws snapping around the little teddy for 5 damage, whilst Hollow 3 launches a barrage of small spines at the shinigami, though both miss.

Hollow 8 takes a moment to focus, and you can see a small spehere of spiritual energy form from its jaws before it launches it at Alexiz. the blast causing 6 points of energy damage (reflex save for 1/2)

Your up again :smallsmile:

Dire Reverend
2012-06-26, 03:31 PM
Fumblefoot looks at his new opponent. "Eh, I was gonna go eat that human over there, but you'll do." Fumblefoot raises his Sai above his head, with electricity climbing up the center of the blade, and swings down on his opponent.

Five foot step to K11, then attack the Hollow on L11.

To Hit: [roll0]

Sai Damage: [roll1]

Crackling Blade Damage: [roll2]

If natural 19 or 20:Crit Confirmation: [roll3]

Crit Damage: [roll4]

Maugan Ra
2012-06-26, 03:53 PM
OOC
Well, not sure of the DC for evading the webbing, so let's handle that first.
[roll0]

Royce jinks aside, allowing the stream of webbing to miss him completely. He snarls angrily and, determined not to give the other Hollow a chance to deny him his meal, consumes the cowering Plus soul with brutal speed.

That done, he looks back towards his would-be-rival, and grins, revealing blood splattered fangs. Idly, he tracks where he expects his subterranean companion to be, based on prior experience.

"Now then. Let's see about teaching you the consequences of trying to steal my food."

UpholderSSK
2012-06-26, 04:49 PM
The hollow in front of Royce looked around, trying to find the massive shark that had been in front of him a moment ago. Its masked head moved side to side, searching for any sign of the larger predator. He had to be around here somewhere ...

Without warning, the ground behind him exploded in a snarling maw of dirt and teeth. Zuazo's companions could hear his familiar wild laughter of joy as he began closing his massive jaws around his prey.

Wall of Rolls to cover all possibilities :smallsmile:
Move to F12
Bite attack vs Hollow #7:
[roll0]
Potential Crit Confirm:
[roll1]
Damage:
[roll2]
If hit, Immediate Grapple Attempt:
[roll3]

Maugan Ra
2012-06-26, 06:27 PM
Royce's fang-filled maw stretched into a gruesome parody of a smile as he watched the land-shark emerge to attack its prey.

"...Namely, you take your eyes off of the other threats on the field. Exciting enough yet, Zuazo?"

Theroc
2012-06-27, 04:00 AM
Unimpeded, observing but not reacting to the nearing chaos, Alexis seizes the plus, draining the lifeforce of his victim as he feasts, seeking to grow his power ever further, so that never again will he be cut down and forgotten, less than a footnote in the progress of history. Never again.

Full Round Action to consume L9.

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-28, 02:09 PM
Royce manages to eaisly dodge the webbing fired at him, the sticky stuff pooled on the floor behind him.

Fumblefoot's crackling blade plunges deep into the Hollow's flank, wounding the other monster and causing it to scream and curse, though it remains on its feet.

Zuzaou bursts ou of the ground before the Hollow, but the beast managed to evade the attack, the rumling ground giving it enough time to dodge. "Is this the best you can do?" it hissed back in reply to Royce's taunts.

Unimpeeded by the Battle, Alexis draws in the nearby pluss, feeling stonger.

OOC: the reward I said for getting more souls than the enemies was a group one, not individual :smallwink:

Just need to wait for Royce to make the rest of his turn :smallsmile:

UpholderSSK
2012-06-28, 06:10 PM
Zuazo laughs wildly, his massive form twisting in the air to come around again at the Hollow.

"Our best? You don't give your best to eat dinner."

The shark's massive jaws slammed shut again, trying to gain purchase on his prey.

Wall of Rolls again :smalltongue:
Bite Attack:
[roll0]
Crit Confirm:
[roll1]
Bite Damage:
[roll2]
Grapple Attempt:
[roll3]

Maugan Ra
2012-06-28, 11:19 PM
(Royce spent a full action to eat the Plus soul he was threatening. There have been two turns thus far for us... the first turn, I moved to the Plus. The second turn, I ate it.)

BlackestOfMages
2012-06-30, 04:10 PM
Hollow 1 follows up on Hollow 7, getting closser to Zuzao and preparing it's fangs. Both he and hollow 7 strike at the shark-like beast, causing a combined 6 points of damage.

Hollows 2 and 3 both attack Fumblefoot, but the agile little teddy manages to evade all of their strikes.

Hollows 4 and both advance on a nearby pluss, fighting over it

Hollow 5 devours the nearby pluss, the beast seeming to grow slightly larger as it did so

Hollow 8 charges at Alexiz, extending its long, sinuous tongue and attempting to trip the other Hollow (trip roll 19)

---

Zuzao's massive jaws close around hollow 7, crushing the beast entierly. when he opens his mouth, nothing is left but a crumling mask and some leftover spiritual energy

Maugan Ra
2012-06-30, 04:59 PM
Royce, watching the ongoing brawls, concludes that Zuazo needs little help. With a degree of grace surprising in such a bestial creature, he turns and speeds across the battlefield towards the two hollows attacking the plushie Fumblefoot.

Moving to J11, attacking Hollow 3. Charge attack, so an additional +2 bonus on the attack roll, and I moved far enough to also activate skirmish, so net of -1 AC. Shame I have to move directly towards the foe, otherwise I's be fast enough to go for a flank. Oh well.

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2]

Dire Reverend
2012-07-01, 11:28 AM
Fumblefoot sees Royce charging towards the hollows near him, and moves to the side to give him some space. Afterwards he continues to attack his opponent.

5 foot step to L12. Hit the hollow on L11 again. To Hit: [roll0]

Theroc
2012-07-02, 03:28 PM
Alexis sees the adversary's attack and realizing he was about to be struck, recoiled with a burst of speed, his form briefly seeming to warp away from the blow. He immediately lashed out violently, the shadows seeming to leap to his hand as he struck against his antagonist.

"Damn you! GO AWAY!" He snarled as his fist flew forward.

Not sure why Alexis didn't get an AoO for the opponent leaving the square 10' from him to approach within 5 feet, but I can roll with that. Alexis just spent 2 SEP to move to Speed Rank 2 for 5 rounds, which bumps his Touch AC high enough to make the trip attack fail.(I was going to just buy a ring of deflection, but I figured that would be dubious so I'll spend SEP for speediness.).

Spending 1 SEP to enter the Blood in the Water stance as a swift action, then spending 2 SEP to use Drain Vitality on #8.
[roll0]
If it lands, [roll1] Damage is dealt and #8 must make a DC 15 Fort save or suffer 2 points of constitution damage.

Then I'd like for Alexis to take a 5' step to K9 if possible. If this is impossible, then L9 works. Also, this is assuming a 5' Step does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If they do, then forget that. Alexis will punch 8 into submission before moving on.

SEP spent: 5
SEP Remaining: 38

BlackestOfMages
2012-07-06, 01:18 PM
Royce's charge brings the hollow crashing itno fumblefoots agreessor, causing it to yelp in pain and confusion, but the beast remains upright, if injured.

Fumblefoots crackling blade claims the life of the other hollow attacking hi, the beast dropping dead.

Alexis makes moves to remain upright (resist trip roll since you don't seem inclined to make one :smalltongue: [roll0]) if you fall then feel free to redo your turn :smallsmile: (would occur before the below)

---

Hollow 3, injured from Royce' s strike, slinks away from the hollow (5foot step) before striking at Fumblefoot once more, but it misses again

Hollow 4 charges at Royce, its fings closing around him as it makes impact (7 damage)

fearing for its saftey, Hollow 5 moves away from the pluss, launching a volley of sharpened spines at zuzao, as Hollow 1 strikes at him (total 9 damage).

Hollow 6 takes advantage of the confusion to gulp u another pluss

Hollow 8 will wait to see if Alexis fell, doing nothing this round.

Maugan Ra
2012-07-06, 01:50 PM
The heavy-set quadrupedal hollow grunted in pain at the strike, backing off slightly on pure instinct. Warily, Royce circled around his new opponent, both eying the other warily and seeking some kind of advantage in the duel.

In a sudden flash, the wolf-beast skittered sideways and turned once more to face his prey, crimson light bleeding out from between his jaws. The other hollow, realizing what was about to happen, was already lunging forwards as Royce opened his mouth and let the Cero fly.

Move around to H12, then fire a Cero to the right. Hollow 4 will get an attack of opportunity against me here, but in exchange I should catch both hollows 4 and 3 in the Cero. Firing using the allowed 3SP for my rank, and five ranks in knowledge Negacions adds another d6 to the damage. Reflex save for half, though I'm not quite sure of the DC...
[roll0]

UpholderSSK
2012-07-07, 10:17 AM
"I hardly had time to tell, but he tasted like he lived: disappointingly."

Zuazo laughed again, a high and wild noise that pierced the air and jostled a few remaining pieces of the mouthy Hollow's mask loose from his teeth. With a powerful flick of his tail and an explosion of dirt and mud, he dove back underground. The silence that replaced his laugh was almost as unnerving.

The earth to the Hollow's side furrowed briefly before the massive bone-white shark lunged out of it again, jaws unnaturally wide.

"Hopefully I can savor you a bit more!"

Burrow move to E12.
Bite Attack:
[roll0]
Crit Confirm:
[roll1]
Bite Damage:
[roll2]
Grapple Attempt:
[roll3]

Dire Reverend
2012-07-08, 03:37 AM
Fumblefoot begins to cackle as he strikes his next opponent.

Hitting the hollow at L12:

BlackestOfMages
2012-07-13, 06:20 PM
Royce's bolt of energy spears through the two hollows, slaying Hollow 4 and leaving Hollow 3 near death. Hollow 4's struggling death throes strikes Royce causing 5 damage.

Zuzao swallows the enemy hollow whole, dragging it into its stomach, where he can feal the beast struggle.

Fumblefoot's lightning coated sai claims the life of Hollow 3.

---

Hollow 6 charges at Zuzao, a horrified look uon its face after it saw what happened to its companion. The impudence from the charge causes it to strike zuzao for 4 damage.

Hollow 1 struggles within Zuzao's gullet, but is unable to escape before the pressure crushes it to death

Hollow 5 bares its fangs and leaps at Royce, bitting deep for 3 damage.

Dire Reverend
2012-07-13, 09:43 PM
Fumblefoot points to the Plus next to him. "Don't eat this one! I'm going to have fun with him after the fight!" He runs to assist Alexis and hits the hollow.Fumblefoot moves to N8, provoking an attack of opportunity, then flanks enemy 8 and hits it with his blade.

Theroc
2012-07-20, 11:12 AM
Alexis grunts as he is tripped, landing on his back before he merely dissipates into a cloud of black smoke, moving to a new location.

Initiating Shadow Jaunt to move to L11.

"Fool." Alexis muttered as he prepared himself to fight, should he be attacked once more.

Maugan Ra
2012-07-20, 12:57 PM
Somewhat battered by the constant hail of blows, Royce simply circles around his new opponent, shaking the fanged maw free from his shoulder as he did so.

"Idiot. You should have just run, and lived for a few days more. Now I have to kill you.. He growls, before opening his jaw wide and unleashing a second Cero.

Five foot step to I 13, then spending another 3 SP to fire a cero to the left. Should hit both hollows 5 and 6, while provoking an AoO from number 5.

Damage: [roll0]

BlackestOfMages
2012-07-28, 04:37 PM
Hollow 8 strikes at Fumblefoot, this time catching the smaller hollow for 7 damage. However, the plushies lightning charged counter attack is all it takes to kill the Hollow.

Royce eats tentacle to the face as he moves (5 damage) though the energy brust fells hollow 5, and leaves hollow 6 on death's door.

---

Hollow 6, panting and bleeding - its mask shattered and crackes, slinks away from Zuzao, and begins to run from the battlefield. as it does so, you see a piercing white lance illuminate the night, streaking from the west; it strikes Hollow 6 as it runs, and when the light fades you see nothing of the beast remaining.

In a matter of seconds, another lance of light strikes the ground near you, then another. between each brief flash, you can just about make out a humanoid figure to the west.

---

Battle is won. each of you recieves 500 Xps, pluss an extra 25 for each hollow successfuly eaten by your side.

also, your up :smallsmile:

sorry about the gap. the last week has been crazy for me :smallfrown:

Maugan Ra
2012-07-29, 02:49 AM
"Quincy." Royce growls, a sense of recognition in his tone. He hesitates for a few moments, casting his senses about as his head swings from side to side. "They don't usually hunt alone."

Attempting to search for the spiritual pressure of, well, anyone else nearby. Though specifically looking for other Quincies. Because I can't shake the feeling that this is a trap or ambush. So, sense motive is the skill used, I believe...

[roll0]

Dire Reverend
2012-07-31, 05:53 AM
Fumblefoot smiles. "Well, I am experienced in extracting information from those who usually aren't talkative, so do you think we could keep this one alive and see if he has any allies?"

BlackestOfMages
2012-08-04, 12:49 PM
OOC: sorry thi took so long to reply. recent computer troubles...

Royce's scan cannot detect any more quincy in the area