PDA

View Full Version : Building a telepath [3.5]

Squark
2012-06-25, 03:09 PM
So, I'm working on a telepath for a 3.5 campaign. The basic character concept is a young noble who got kicked out of the house after he angered the wrong people, and fell in with the shadow thieves. I may or may not be able to pick up the Thrallherd PrC (checking with the DM), but at the moment I'm struggling to choose all my feats and powers (I have 4 feats at 1st level from being a human and from a flaw, and the only psionic power I know I want is Psionic Charm). Does anyone have any advice for building a cunning manipulator (Or rather, given his initial laziness and hedonism, cunning manipulator to be) of sorts?

Azernak0
2012-06-25, 03:30 PM
This has some decent build options. (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19571514/3.5_Psion_Buildguide_and_Compendium)

Illithid Heritage feats are excellent. More powers known, better at controlling people. Great for the lazy (possibly) Lawful Evil type.

Also, be sure to take Psicrystal Affinity. Share Pain and a Psicrystal will keep you healthy for when your "diplomacy" turns sour. For other powers, taking a damaging one is never a terrible idea. Sometimes, you just can't make people hurt the ones they love.

Psyren
2012-06-25, 03:42 PM
Check the Psion Handbook in my sig (the one by Saeomon.) That will let you know what powers to pick. Remember too that just because you're a telepath doesn't mean you can't grab some blasty powers to protect yourself as well. Always have powers that can target all three saves (or even no save at all.)

If you want to be a sneaky sort of Telepath, consider the Shadowmind PrC from Complete Adventurer. (And if you like it, be sure to use the adaptation, because Cloud Mind is awful.)

Kaje
2012-06-26, 09:27 AM
Remember to swap out your level 5 feat for telepathy (or take psionic mindbender at 6), then take mindsight at 6.