PDA

View Full Version : For Guts and Glory (IC)

gallagher
2012-06-25, 05:40 PM
The way was not long to get there by sea, but you all eventually get to the town of Barborough in time to meet at the Old Mule Bar and Inn, each of you with a note saying:
So you want to be rich and famous, eh? A hard road is ahead, but for those with the daring, the courage, the guts to try, meet at the Old Mule Bar and Inn in Barborough at sunset on Sunday. I am looking for an arcanist, a divine spell caster, and good sword to go around the world, get rich, and become famous.

you do not know who sent you the note, or who else has one, but once everyone is inside the inn, a plate clashes, and everyone but you and a whisper gnome are seated in what is now an empty inn.

Welcome to the Old Mule, I'd invite you for a drink, but the ale tastes like old mules. the gnome laughs I am glad everyone is here he says as he eyes each of you

I assume you are all brave enough, greedy enough, or just plain bored enough with your life today to want to turn yourselves into adventurers. well, i took the initiative to seek you all out, because i need people to quest with me to plunder what i think to be an old and forgotten place, which i believe will hold within it great treasure.

Jungian
2012-06-25, 06:38 PM
"Come back you cur! Fight and Die with what little honor you have." shouted an armored man wielding a lance as he chased a half clothed man down the path. A goading laugh escapes from the dark haired youth, "Try to guess whose honor this was about an hour ago." The bellow of rage that escaped the armor man did nothing but encourage the youth to continue on, " Honestly she did mention that you have a little honor, compared to mine at least." As the chase continued down the road, the armor man quickly fell behind. Seeing his chance the youth dashes off th road into the woods. Taking a moment to pull on the rest of his clothes, Knights, they always wear such heavy armor. Good for me it slows them and thier pointy objects down. The old gods help me if they start picking up the bow. As he pulls his shirt down, the youth's features come into focus in the moonlight. His lithe frame and brillant green eyes stand out. These features always managed to get him into trouble one way or another. As he finishes pulling on his pants, a note falls slowly to the ground. The scribble on the front reads, " To Mister Edward Delacroix." Squinting he manages to read the important bits, at least to Edward, "You want to be rich and famous."

To no one in particular he says, "you had me at rich."

The boat ride was merciful short for Edward, as nothing but toothless men in need of a bath was not his idea of pleasant company. Nor was the establishment where this meeting was to take place,The Old Mule...Maybe someone should take it out to pasture and leave it. As he went through the door into the bar, he looked around at some peasants and some poor traders. Well this doesn't look very promising., his mood soured, Edward had stood to leave when the plate crashed. Suddenly all the traders and peasants disappeared, leaving a couple of people scattered about the bar.

After the whisper gnome finished his speech, Edward says, "That was a good one, I'll give you that. I'm brave, with a healthy dose of greed for good measure." He moves closer to the gnome table sitting with a little flourish of his gray cloak, "So I believe you said great treasure, now that's the kind of incentive a man needs for daring deeds." He looks around, "got anything else to drink besides muled ale?"

Ballista
2012-06-25, 07:50 PM
Inns and cities were not things that the small and elderly Kobold ever thought he would see, and indeed he immediately wished that he had never followed through with the letter.
The spoils of the expedition are what I need, the lure of adventure have come and passed previously and I have ignored its call. But is it irony that I now answer the siren's song?
Kil'hk weaves through the streets of Barborough, avoiding the stride of men paying too much attention to peddlers and buxom wenches. The kobold lets out a short hiss when a rather burly and drunken man had nearly fallen on top of him.

After some rather strenuous exertion on part of the ancient Kobold, Kil'hk eventually finds his way to the Old Mule.
Humans seem to have a penchant for naming their alehouses for animals...
Opening the wooden door, he is greeted by a rather empty bar; the only patrons seem to be a human sitting at a table, with a....
GNOME? I should not have to suffer the indignity of working with one of those... mongrels... But alas, this opportunity is too much to pass up.
Letting out an audible sigh, Kil'hk shuffles toward the table, his long robe dragging across the wooden floor, the age-old claws leaving gash marks in his wake. He pulls a stool from one of the other tables, setting it down as far away from the gnome as possible and with the grace unheard of by those his age, jumps onto the seat. Largely ignoring the gnome, Kil'hk extends a clawed hand toward the human.
My name is Kil'hk of clan Vani're, the last of my people. I hope that we can arrange a successful expedition and return with the wealth of kings.
His yellow eyes flicker towards the gnome as he bares his wicked sharp teeth and lets out a rather menacing hiss.

Jungian
2012-06-25, 08:26 PM
Edward's eyes flicker to the door, where they promptly stick as an old, incredibly old, kobold enters. As the kobold extends his claw, Edward gently returns the gesture taking care to not use to much force in case he hurts the old ones hand.
With a smile he says, "it's a pleasure Kil'hk. I must say for someone your age, you for quite a spring in your step. Though it is a bit sad to be the last of your people...Everyone In my family been gone for a while." Edward's voice grows a bit sullen, "I guess we kind of are in the same boat, last of the family line and what not." He quickly adds, "Which is exactly why we should enjoy the days we got left, none of our family would want us to miserable for the rest of our days." As the hiss escapes Kil'hk Edward sensed the hostility, Gnomes and Kobolds, lots of tension their. To lighten the mood he says, "How about a drink?" He gets up and finds some of the mule ale, and few mutters later he comes back with three mugs. He sets the them down," should be nice, cool, and a little more palatable. If you don't like the flavor, I can change the taste."

He takes a quick gulp, " Wealth of kings, that's a lot of money to toss about. Are we waiting on someone else? Im the archanist, and i am going to guess you are the divine gu- kobold.

Zman
2012-06-25, 08:31 PM
Cities...filth...poverty...crowded. I find them a necessity, filled with things no better than animals who go about their lives in blind ignorance of their sheer insignificance. This... Inn is no better.

Zar stood in the corner, his back to two walls, a defensible position. Something felt off, but he couldn't place what it was. Dressed in naught but his traveling leathers, his bare chest chest glistened with the sweat of his travel, his muscles as if sculpted of pure marble. Many would mistake him for being vulnerable, but he was far from. He had a dagger in his boot, a dagger in his belt, his huge Greatsword and trusty shortsword and mighty bow were within arms reach. He had also had the foresight to layer himself in arcane protection before entering the inn a few minutes before. Anyone that would think him easy prey would be sorely mistaken.

Then his world changed...an illusion. As fast as thought he grabbed his Greatsword and assumed a defensive stance. As soon as there proved to be no threat he set his sword point down, holding it in front of him with two hands.

He said nothing, simply surveying those around him.

Jungian
2012-06-25, 08:36 PM
Edward jumps as he spots a half naked man in the corner, " I'm guessing you are the sellsword,." When he stood there stoic, Edward thinks Oh boy this will be an interesting.

Ballista
2012-06-25, 08:48 PM
You need not worry about my family, tis a burden I must bear alone.
Kil'hk stares at the rather odd liquid in front of him, cocking his head on an angle. He tentatively sniffs at the ale, before dropping the mug and recoiling in disgust.
I' am going to decline your... drink, I have lost the taste for alcohol over the years, I find that it rather... upsets my stomach...

With that, the kobold finally notices a muscular and rather indecently clad man off in the corner. He shifts uneasily as the warrior's gaze swaths the room.
A man of rather uncivilized taste, perhaps he is the sellsword?

Jungian
2012-06-25, 09:04 PM
At the kobold's refusal, Edward's moves the mug away, "Oh sorry...I didn't think about that.". He takes another draft his own finishing the mug, where he proceeds to make it float and spin it in place.

Ballista
2012-06-25, 09:32 PM
Kil'hk slips into Draconian:
Ah, a spellcaster I see... from what manner do you procure your spells? Are you of the descent of dragons?
You can tell the Kobold's eyes widen a bit, as if intrigued by the possibility of a dragon descendant. But as soon as this joyous emotion arrived, it vanished as Kil'hk remembered that there was a gnome sitting only feet away and he couldn't jump up and rip off his head.

Zman
2012-06-25, 09:46 PM
Letting out a throaty belly laugh, Zar responds in Draconian, "With a mug like that he is no librarian!"

Extending his hand the drink the Kobald was offered floated a dozen feet before landing in his hand. Downing it in one.

"I can sent a sword better than those who have swung them at me."

RavagerofFells
2012-06-25, 09:51 PM
As the ex monk known as nonshanks would walk into the Old mule noticing the Whisper Gnome and the kobold...and a half naked guy... " Oh lord what has this day gone i too.... As the half sobered monk would here the reference about the ale. It can't be that bad... I will have one.... He turned around tp the counter to see no one there.

What's a monk got to do to get a drink around here.... Raff would hop the counter and taking some ale from the keg. Doing this he blocked everyone out of his head. Time to drink like a devil Raff nodded drinking the ale.

Ignore spelling and grammar.... just wanted to get a post in

Jungian
2012-06-25, 10:10 PM
When the kobold started speaking in Draconic, Edward rubbed his chin a bit. He tries his best to respond, "Well my mother said her family had magic in the blood. She said her ancestor was a child of a Cooper Dragon. though it had been many generations since then, but only a few would..um..manifest it."

When the half-naked man in the corner yelled, Edward jumped a bit before giving a big smile as the cup floated over. In common he says, "Oh! You can talk." Admiring the slowing moving mug, " Nice control ". In draconic he finishes, "What about you? Any idea where your powers come from? I'm guessing you aren't the world's most muscular librarian."

Zman
2012-06-25, 10:22 PM
With a grin, "Nor the worlds prettiest. I've got the blood of a gold in my line... father's father. It is a pity I lack enough of an arcane connection to my gifts, I've always favored the physical.

Leaving the sword standing he walks a few long strides over to Edward thrusting out his mallet sized hand in a confident friendly manner. "Names Zar."

As he does he eyes the Kobald warily...
The last time I encountered a Kobald it was at the end of my sword...and I gladly accepted that reward.

Jungian
2012-06-25, 10:28 PM
Edward extends his hand to Zar, "It's a pleasure Zar. My name is Edward," with a gesture to the kobold he finishes, "and his name is Kil'hk". He looks over the man's body, "Yeah I can see why you favor the physical, play to your strengths."

Slightly louder he says, "I wouldn't drink that. At least let me flavor it a bit. What's your fancy."

Zman
2012-06-25, 10:37 PM
"I was born a brute, and I've learned enough to know that I'm much more. I'm a thinking brute, and that is a terrifying prospect.". He slaps Edward on his back in jest.

"I'll pass on the swill, had a years fill in the first taste."

Looking at the Kobald, "You are different than any of the other Kobalds I have met." Livelier... "More civilized."

RavagerofFells
2012-06-25, 10:48 PM
As Raff turned around and looked at the guys. So.... what bring you guys here.. as he finally starts to listen to everyone. Nonshanks would jump over the counter and put some ale in his water skin.

Jungian
2012-06-25, 10:51 PM
The gentle slap felt like someone smacked him with an oak branch. His back still stinging, He smiles and nods in agreement, "Brains and brawn, the gods must have crafted you by hand ."

gallagher
2012-06-25, 11:00 PM
you are all here for a specific purpose. i, personally, am tired of not being rich and famous. on my way back from... somewhere north and east of here... when i came across a cave with a carving around the entrance that caught my interest. i walked inside and explored a little of the entrance hall, but i need a group of adventurers to help me in there.

and i need a kobold, because it is apparent that i need someone of draconic heritage to get inside. i am willing to put aside my people's prejudices for the better of the party. it is a small chore worth the larger payoff.

Shadeaux snaps his fingers and a serving lady comes forth with his dinner

My name is Shadeaux, and if you are willing to join me in this quest, I can arrange for us to leave at sunrise, and you can sleep in the room i have upstairs.

it has four beds, but i have made my own arrangements over the past few days.

Ballista
2012-06-25, 11:12 PM
Ignoring Zar's obvious jab at his Kobold heritage, Kil'hk turns his gaze to meet that of the warrior.
The years have flown by and by, the world changes on the whims of the breeze. Age, my friend, is the key. I've had centuries to garner my knowledge, knowledge to aid and grow... But that was an age ago, all I have learned is of no use now.
The Kobold turns to Shadeux, his eyes filled with animosity.
At least one thing remains constant... Gnome, you ask me for assistance, indeed you ask all of us to risk life and limb. I ask of you, where is your proof? Show me that your intentions are laid before us and that your hand does not hold a dagger behind your back. I know enough of your ilk to know that every gnome has their secrets.

gallagher
2012-06-25, 11:27 PM
simple logic: the best treasures are the ones best protected. there are clues at the gate that would let only one of draconic heritage to pass through into a small alcove that would reveal how to further penetrate the cave.

we will split the treasure, i have no plans of screwing anyone out of their fair share. and you can be sure that i do not ask any more out of you than i would do myself

RavagerofFells
2012-06-25, 11:40 PM
As raff turned towards the gnome. -i think we can trust him... I myself want treasure... and ale. As Non would pull his ale filled waterskin and drink some.

Ballista
2012-06-25, 11:50 PM
That will suffice for now gnome... but be warned, if you betray me or any of our companions, you will have hell to pay.
He gestures at Zar and Edward at the mention of "companions."

Kil'hk turns in his stool to face his two "favored" compatriots.
Ah, yes the majestic Gold dragons; in my opinion, they do have a bit of a penchant to remain in human form longer than they should, but the whims of a dragon are not my concern... I am in fact a direct descendent of Aulicus, the Black dragon of Souther Keoland...

Jungian
2012-06-26, 12:15 AM
Edward had sat quietly during Shadeaux and Kil'hk uncomfortable exchange. He grabbed the waitress attention, with a big smile he says, "Excuse me miss, would you mind bringing me dinner as well?"

After hearing the newest member's thoughts, Edward echoed his sentiments, "Treasure is definitely high on my list of things to obtain." He nods in his direction, as the newcomer continues to hit the ale at least if he passes out, Zar could carry him up the stairs.

Edward was enthralled by Kil'hk short lecture on gold dragons, and was surprised he could trace his ancestry to a single dragon.

"Kil'hk, do you know anything of Copper Dragons? Even a morsel about them would be interesting."

Zman
2012-06-26, 06:32 AM
Looking at Jungian, "Ay, and while they were at it they could have spent. A bit more time on my face."

Turning to fully acknowledge the Kobald for the first time, "Direct lineage you say? And a Black is your direct descendant?" Zars opinion of the Kobald visibly improves as he pauses on the words Black Dragon.

Directly addressing the gnome for the first time,"I feel that everyday is a chance to pit ones will against the world, and I'm glad when I can accmplish such feats before an afternoon nap. Don't think that I won't hold you to my share. Play it straight and we will have no trouble."

Count my coins each morning...

Eyeing the man sloshing ale around, "A drunken friar... What did the monestary kick you out?

gallagher
2012-06-26, 12:34 PM
Shadeaux finishes his light meal. as a small being, he does not take long to eat.

I shall see you all at sunrise, I must go make arrangements before we leave. in the mean time, here is a map with a general layout of the way we will be taking to our destination.

the map he gives you shows that you will be going directly north, then east towards the mountains, avoiding a dense forest by taking well travelled merchant routes. To the west is the ocean and south are the ocean.

Rest well, we might not come across a decent bed for some time

RavagerofFells
2012-06-26, 01:11 PM
As the ale in the waterskin was out, raf stored it in his belt.

Now the guy nodded to Raf,then the other guy had the guts to say that the monastery where he trained kicked him out.

No one kicked me out... I train in the drunken fist arts.Very deadly. The alchol allows me to go in to battle without having the fear of dieing

He took the map from the gnome in which was given to everyone.

Gnome I trust you greatly. But as long as you keep your distances from my valuables we shall be friends.

Zman
2012-06-26, 01:44 PM
Taking the map, "Expected travel time? Necessary provisions?"

Before going to bed, Zar studies the map trying to discern familiarity with the route, the geological features of the area, necessary provisions, travel time, and anything else that can help prepare him for the road ahead. Once finished, he heads to the room grabbing the bed which is partially hidden by the opening door. He looks around searching the room for anything of note particularly dangers or surprises.

This may just be a crazy adventure...

Knowledge [roll0]
Survival [roll1]
Search [roll2]
Spot [roll3]

gallagher
2012-06-26, 02:16 PM
Taking the map, "Expected travel time? Necessary provisions?"

Before going to bed, Zar studies the map trying to discern familiarity with the route, the geological features of the area, necessary provisions, travel time, and anything else that can help prepare him for the road ahead. Once finished, he heads to the room grabbing the bed which is partially hidden by the opening door. He looks around searching the room for anything of note particularly dangers or surprises.

This may just be a crazy adventure...

Knowledge [roll0]
Survival [roll1]
Search [roll2]
Spot [roll3]

from reviewing the map, you notice that the path north, the planned route, is directly in front of a belltower, intended to be rung in cases of emergency. it looks to be a total of 4 days of travel by horse. Shadeaux is gathering traveling provisions.

the room seems safe for sleeping

Jungian
2012-06-26, 07:21 PM
Edward wasn't really a planning man, he simply goes with the flow and reacts when the time is right. He lazily waved at the gnome went off to his personal room, thinking to himself seriously sunrise...when anyone wants to go anywhere,anytime, for whatever reason they have to leave at sunrise. You get two extra hours of walking and bags under the eyes..

He wanders over to Zar intensely studying the map and asking about preparations and what not, "Zar just relax a bit, save all this effort for figuring out how to spend a king's share of gold. You should just enjoy the night" As the Zar continued his diligent study, Edward says, "Ah I spotted a problem right here next to the square thing. It seems we are under the faulty assumption that unless we leave at" and with added emphasis, "sunrise, that the road will simply not exist and in turn we will not reach our destination."

Seeing no one was in joking mood, Edward grabs a bucket sized mug of ale before heading to the room. As he passes the monk he says, " Let me teach you the most deadly of my drunken martial arts. A technique so powerful, it renders any man or beast unconscious." With that he tips it back and starts chugging until he reaches the room, "it just takes about 30 minutes or so to kick in, Ha!" He then promptly stores his items beneath the bed, followed by rambling story about a girl named Cheryl who lived in Carrol, "or was it the otherwise around?" for a few moments. His final act of the night being his perfectly choreographed blackout face first into the bed. His arms splayed across the bed, as if to say Tada!

Ballista
2012-06-26, 08:36 PM
The map, though more worn and older than Kil'hk's taste would have to do. The kobold gave a curt nod in approval of the journey, though he found Edward's lighthearted manner to be a bit concerning.
If it were me as that man, I wouldn't be too exhilarated about the prospect of rushing headfirst into impending doom; but alas, the young are young and strong headed.
Kil'hk silently hopped off of the chair and found himself crawling up a set of stairs designed for one thrice his height. The room that was rented to the group was sparsely furnished, Kil'hk only spotted the four beds as he walked in. He claimed the bed farthest from the door and the light sources in the room, propping his pack against the bedpost. Climbing onto the oversized bed, Kil'hk began the meditation regiment that he adopted ever since the days after the slaughter. His mind filling with a swirl of anger and hate, he begins to mutter his prayers to Afflux. The noises are almost incomprehensible, if one could hear them, it would sound almost like the guttural screams of one being tortured by acid and whipped to death. Kil'hk had much experience with praying silently over the months, as his deity is not one to be loved and accepted by the common man.

Zman
2012-06-26, 10:12 PM
Looking up at Edward, "The last man I traveled with acted like that... I don't plan for my neck, I plan for yours.

After studying the map a while longer Zar prepares for bed I his ritualistic manor which allowed him to renew his arcane powers for another day. Reaching deep down into his wellspring of power, Zar brings himself one step closer to the power in his blood.

Until the Dawn...

RavagerofFells
2012-06-27, 12:11 PM
As the man who took the ale and talked about the fighting style left Raf followed a few minutes later. Surprisingly Raff wasnt drunk, he walked right to his bed and closed his eyes.
i wonder how strong my companions are and how much treasure there is... Raff thought to himself soon before he fell asleep.

gallagher
2012-06-27, 11:53 PM
The night goes along pleasantly until about 2 hours before sunrise

I am going to need listen checks all around

Zman
2012-06-28, 10:11 AM
Zar learned through many nights sleeping in the wild that you never fall into the deepest of sleeps if it can be avoided, always keeping an ear open for some approaching threat...

I hope...
Listen [roll0]
The dice gods heard my rational for a good roll.

RavagerofFells
2012-06-28, 11:03 AM
[roll0]

As the monk wakes up looking around.

Ugggghhhhhhhh

gallagher
2012-06-28, 03:44 PM
Everyone who rolls higher than 10, and more than 15: you wake up to a series of BOOMS that you at first thought was thunder, but the quick succession of them suggest an explosion. It is storming outside, but you didnt see anything yesterday that suggested it was about to storm.

anyone who has ranks in know(nature) or survival can roll

Everyone who rolls higher than 10, but less than fifteen: you wake up to a BOOM of thunder of a storm going on outside. Funny, it didnt look like it was going to storm earlier, despite the strong winds.

anyone who has ranks in know(nature) or survival can roll

Everyone who rolls lower than 10: you are still asleep

RavagerofFells
2012-06-28, 03:50 PM
As I would look around then noticing the noises of thunder... but no it couldn't. I would spring from my bed. Then looking towards Zar and saying..
What is it?

Zman
2012-06-28, 05:25 PM
Zar wakes at the first boom thundering outside...

Survival [roll0]

Ballista
2012-06-28, 05:54 PM
Listen Check: [roll0]
Always a light sleeper, Kil'hk immediately woke up to the noise outside.
Groggily rubbing his eyes, the kobold sits up.
It appears that the it's rather stormy outside. This does not bode well for our journey.

Jungian
2012-06-28, 07:19 PM
A small and muffled voice can be heard from Edward, "Try the pheasant....it's quite good with the cranberries." He then rolls over, and gives his stomach a soft scratch before letting out a thunderous snore.

gallagher
2012-06-28, 09:57 PM
All those awake, you can see from the window of your room that there are many ships on fire in the bay, and there are people running in the streets

Zman
2012-06-28, 10:31 PM
Zar jumps to his feet muttering in Draconic, he crosses his arms in a defensive posture as arcane energies wreathed themselves around him.
Casts Mage Armor

Zar grabs his Greatsword while shouting,, his voice booming, "Everone, on your feet."

Ballista
2012-06-28, 10:36 PM
This is rather interesting... perhaps I can finally get a taste of combat... for old times sake.
Kil'hk gingerly snatches his pack off the floor and walks toward the exit. Walking down the stairs, he begins to ponder.
Now who would attack such a quaint little sea port like this?
He arrives at the tavern and sets his pack on the floor, ensuring that all his belongings are intact. He dumps out a crossbow and loads the bolt, waiting for his companions to come barreling down the stairs.

Zman
2012-06-28, 10:46 PM
After gathering his gear and preparing for possible battle, A process that could be completed in seconds, Zar started for the door. Remembering, he reaches under his pillow and took out his second dagger which he had hidden there.

As he lunbers down the stairs he laughs loudly to himself, "Some real sport!". He barely misses stepping onto the Kobald as he enters the bar, looking over his shoulder waiting for the rest of his companions.

RavagerofFells
2012-06-28, 10:52 PM
As Raff sprung up pulling his gauntlets out and quickly running dwownstairs with his waterskin to retrieve some ale. But it was dry. Raf didn't know what to do he needed his alchol to fight. But he remebered he was a monk. He stood at the door not saying a word as the glare of fire is at the side of his face.

gallagher
2012-06-28, 11:42 PM
when you head downstairs, you see the front door get kicked open. roll for initiative.

everyone else can roll their initiatives when they encounter a hostile

Ballista
2012-06-29, 12:06 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

OOC: Ouch, that hurts.

RavagerofFells
2012-06-29, 12:14 AM
[roll0] initaive

Jungian
2012-06-29, 12:31 AM
Edward had sprung out of bed at Zar's shout. The thunderous booms and a soft flickering light filling the room,what's going on!.. He reaches under the bed grabbing his pack and pouches, and strapping them on his body. He notices Zar casting a familiar spell, before he springs away. Edward mutters a few words, while tracing the air around his body. He then grabs a loaded crossbow from his pouch and dashes to the bar. Upon seeing his companions gathered, he shouts ,"what the hell is going on?". Before anyone has time to answer the door burst open.

[roll0] casted Mage armor.

Zman
2012-06-29, 06:01 AM
As Zar steps off the last step, his Greatsword in hand he....

[roll0]

gallagher
2012-06-29, 10:33 AM
For Ravager: you see a dark figure, a tall humanoid at least, with a sword in one hand and a glass jar in the other. he yells something and throws the jar at you, as you take [roll0] of fire damage. you get a partial action in the surprise round

everyone else who went downstairs you see your newest, drunkest, monkest friend get sprayed by some alchemist fire. you enter the initiative on the next turn

RavagerofFells
2012-07-01, 01:57 PM
As Raff would be scorched, he would move backwards towards the stairs holding his burnt shoulders(?).

gallagher
2012-07-01, 02:01 PM
Ok, top of the initiative order:

The burglar enters the room, with two others following with torches. the one who threw the fire at Raff moves towards the stairs, as the other throw their torches behind the bar. there are now two men next to the bar, and one at the foot of the stairs.

The one at the foot of the stairs looks directly at Raff, saying "Stand and deliver!"

Zman
2012-07-01, 02:20 PM
After the drunken monk leaps back away from the fire, Zar boldly steps forward to free the stairwell swinging his greatsword in an upward arc attempting to split the nearest attacker from stem to sternum.

Power Attack(-1) [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Zman
2012-07-01, 02:21 PM
With all of the power the mighty swing possessed split the man from his groin to his chest, and in one fluid motion Zar ripped the blade out, whipping it around to a ready position blood splattering in an arc as it flies off of the blade.

Crit Confirmation roll [roll0]

gallagher
2012-07-01, 02:37 PM
The burglar in the stairway splits in two, from the top of his shoulder to the bottom of his shoe. felt like rhyming there

you can hear the fire behind the bar starting to catch, and you can see the glow of a small fire starting.

Jungian
2012-07-02, 09:59 PM
The chaotic scene had caught Edward of guard, but he quickly recovered his wits. He dashes towards the smoldering bar. Turning to face the burgers, he invokes a word of arcane might and sends a bolt of force toward the burgler.

[roll0] magic missle at burgler at I2
Movement finishes at m7

Ballista
2012-07-03, 09:57 AM
Kil'hk hisses in anger, before leveling his crossbow with one of the intruders. and loosing a bolt at the man.
Attack with Crossbow: [roll0] At J-2
Critical Confirmation: [roll1] (Just in case)
Damage: [roll2]

gallagher
2012-07-03, 11:46 AM
one Burglar takes a magical thwack to the chest, and feels the wind hit out of him from the force of it. He moves towards the man with the greatsword, looking for blood to slake his blade's thirst

The other sees a bolt shot at him, but misses his chest to the right. He looks to where the bolt came from, and moves towards his attacker

B2: This burglar swings wildly, looking to hit with great damage, while sacrificing accuracy. He hits, but only gets you for 7 damage

B3: This burglar swings wildly, looking to hit with great damage, while sacrificing accuracy. He swings at your head but misses high by a good foot.

Zman
2012-07-03, 12:17 PM
With a roar Zar attempts to vindicate his wound in his enemies blood...

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

gallagher
2012-07-03, 01:18 PM
With a roar Zar attempts to vindicate his wound in his enemies blood...

Power Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

with a great ARRRR the bandit takes a blade deep into him, and collapses into the ground, blood pooling around your feet as a second body lays beside you

Jungian
2012-07-04, 10:21 PM
Edward watches with a mix of fascination, respect and horror as Zar dispatches another foe with ease, Have to remember he is handy with that sword. As Kil'hk is attacked, Edward quickly moves to position himself vertically from the last burglar. With a grin he says, "Catch" as a orb of hissing acid speeds across the room.

Assuming that ravager can't post, so I would be next in initiative
Move to K8
Cast Acid Orb
Ranged Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

gallagher
2012-07-05, 11:05 AM
you conjure an sphere of swirling green goo, spinning around in front of the burglar. he shields his face as bits of acid dissolve parts of the tables and floors around him

Ballista
2012-07-05, 11:30 AM
Kil'hk takes a second to assess the intruder standing before him.
Hmm, a simple group of vagabonds... but why attack here?
Moments later, Kil'hk calls upon the might of the dark gods, channeling the power of the Negative Energy Plane through his claws.
Spontaneous Convert Protection from Good to Inflict Light Wounds
Melee Touch Attack with Inflict Light Wounds- [roll0]
Damage with Inflict Light Wounds- [roll1]

Zman
2012-07-05, 12:03 PM
After dispatching the second intruder, Zar attempts to take advantage of an opponent with his back to him.

Flanking Charge Power Attack [roll0]
Critical Confirmation [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

With a snarl Zar keeps and plunges his Greatsword through the back of his opponent to the hilt.

gallagher
2012-07-05, 01:25 PM
The burglar swings wildly at the kobold who tried to inflict him with death magic, but Kil'hk seems to have learned how to dodge attacks very well in his old age. As the burglar prepares to swing downward with a mighty chop, you see a sword appear through his chest. The look of surprise on his face lasts until he hits the ground in a pool of his own blood.

After the last man falls, the party sees an apparition in the likeness of Shadeaux appear before him, which gives this short message:

"Only have one of these, city being raided, head to planned path north of belltower, look for a white ribbon. Hiding with supplies. Hurry now"

Zman
2012-07-05, 01:41 PM
After the last burglar falls in a pool of his own blood, Zar rips the blade back out. Then an apparition appears, and Zar attempts to assess the situation.

Sense Motive:[roll0]
Spell craft: [roll1]

Jungian
2012-07-05, 02:56 PM
As the fight concluded, Edward's breathing slowed. His blood still pumping from the thrill of combat as an apparition appeared. Edward studies it for a second, curious as to it's sudden appearance.

[roll0] sense motive
[roll1] spellcraft

RavagerofFells
2012-07-05, 03:12 PM
As the monk then stood up and started to crack his wrists and what not. Now a appiration appered as the monk would just stared

[roll0] SENSE MOTIVE

Jungian
2012-07-05, 08:09 PM
Edward's curious gaze slips off his face and is replaced with a slight grimace.He doesn't look to good, though I wonder why he wasn't here when this'll this happene....I hate sending spells, always need at least one extra word.
Edward moves a bit closer, "Ships burning, hard to hide because of light. Zar injuried, rest are fine. Will proceed with speed, white ribbon understood. Will bring booze. Stay safe."

With a small smirk Edward says, "Our gnomey friend is fine, let's grab what booze and supplies we can and hit the road." He walks over to Zar, "you alright? Looks like that one, got yeah. I got a mix that could help, but if you can deal with the pain I rather save it..." the grim silence afterwards speaks of more violence before the day is through.

He turns to the monk and Kil'hk, " You ready to get out, the city going down and if we stay so are we." Specifically to Kil'hk he says, "Kil'hk speeds important so...you might need to be carried to keep up..."

Zman
2012-07-05, 08:27 PM
"I repayed the favor tenfold. It hurts but it will take much more than that to slow me.". He laughs, deep and hearty. "I'll carry the runt and still leave a pretty boy and a drunken friar eating dust behind me.

Looking sternly at the old Kobald, "Don't think this makes us friends old one. And don't dig in your claws.. His expression softening as combat forges new bonds trumping old hatreds.

I can carry him and still run 200ft per round.
HP 14/21

Ballista
2012-07-05, 08:46 PM
Carried? What is this indignity that you expect me to bear?
His eyes dart between the rather stern looks that the others give when he questions their suggestion.
Oh, very well...
The kobold jumps from a nearby stool onto Zar's back, making sure to retract his rather lengthy claws to avoid giving his companion any more unnecessary scars than the man already has.
Perhaps we can make this a bit less... strenuous if I remain in your backpack.
Noticing the fresh wounds the brute has accrued in the previous battle, Kil'hk wraps his hand in a soothing, golden light.
May the hands that destroy, also bring back to life...
He touches the hand to Zar's shoulder, releasing a rejuvenating energy into the man.
Cast: Lesser Vigor, Fast Healing 1 for 10+2 rounds (72 Seconds). Heals 12 HP Total.

Zman
2012-07-05, 08:52 PM
Barely noticing the added weight, the soothing cessation of pain and warmth did catch Zar off guard,th...thank ...you

Fully healed within a minute

Jungian
2012-07-05, 08:59 PM
Edward laughs, "Idignity? I would love to be carried out of town, though not necessarily by Zar here." Edward quickly checks his pack, noting all the supplies he still had.

As he watches Kil'hk heal Zar, "So that's the power of faith...never really been a religious sort. Though I heard that some of your kind worship dragons as gods."

Going over to the smoldering bar, he quickly picks out what mugs and alcohol hadn't been destroyed or burned, "Booze makes a good bartering tool on the road, especially for travelers with the thirst."

[roll0] Search check for salvagable w/e

Ballista
2012-07-05, 09:11 PM
In a time long ago, Bahamut and Tiamat had answered my prayers... now though...
Kil'hk's eyes wander to the ceiling, they become unfocused and begin to widen.
A whirling fire, the screams of familiar voices... A man barks orders to his ilk: "Burn them all, let none escape!"
The old priest shakes himself back into reality, he slowly drops his head back down, staring at the floor now.
Sacrifices have been made and I now serve a new god, though many know of his name, his creations have spread much... influence around the world.

Zman
2012-07-05, 09:16 PM
Feeling fully healed Zar listens to the old Kobold, "You no longer worship the platinum god?" a hint of reverence in his voice.

Jungian
2012-07-05, 09:23 PM
"Oh is bahamut the good one? " though he withholds his question as the Koblods eyes see something not there, He has the look, I seem them in some taverns. Always a sad story and sadder ending..

"Well hopefully he will help us on our journey."

Ballista
2012-07-05, 09:35 PM
He has produced my clan bountiful harvests for nearly half a millennium, though I fear that he has forsaken us... No, I fear he shall no longer assist me in my endeavors. Instead I pray to Afflux...

gallagher
2012-07-05, 09:47 PM
Salvageable search results: you get three short swords, medeum sized. they were wearing useable leather armor, but alas they are cut up.

they also have one hand crossbow with five bolts, two vials, one potion, and 70 gp worth in gold, silver, and copper pieces from the burglars. there are four large barrels of wine and ale behind the bar that are too big to carry, a couple bottles of cheap wine in the main bar that you can get before the fires become too great and you have to leave

As the fires become too much and the smoke is starting to get too thick. You guys can make it upstairs to gather your belongings and hurry out. spot checks when you leave the inn.

Zman
2012-07-05, 09:55 PM
Having all of his possessions on him, Zar moves to the doorway, peaking out to survey the surroundings. He takes his time as the others prepare to depart.

Taking 20 to spot or if there isn't enough time I'll roll for it.

Ballista
2012-07-05, 10:55 PM
Still clinging onto Zar's back, Kil'hk feels rather out of place as the brute continues to gather his possessions.
Why exactly am I up here again?

gallagher
2012-07-05, 11:24 PM
It doesnt take much to see that there seem to be thieves in the night, numerous and armed. It can be assumed that they are responsible for the burning ships in the harbor, and now several burning buildings. many people are running around panicked as well. There is also a large ship with dark sails in the harbor that seems so big that you could see it from all parts of town.

You can see the top of the bell tower, it is not too far away, but from the tone of Shadeaux's voice and the scene around you, you will need to be careful to not be noticed

Jungian
2012-07-06, 06:28 AM
Edward was already to leave, as the flames began to grow. He quickly snatched a couple bottles of wine before searching the burglars. He grabbed two vials, a potion and some coins before heading to the door.

Looking outside Edward's eyes dart around, "How should we do this?"

[roll0] I want a spot check to see if all the burglars are wearing something identifiable. If I can take twenty, please use that instead.

RavagerofFells
2012-07-06, 10:50 AM
As the only thing left was wine, Raf thought wow perfect! Raf gripped the bottles of wine and headed out the door not listening to the conversation. The mood switched back in.

gallagher
2012-07-06, 06:50 PM
Edward was already to leave, as the flames began to grow. He quickly snatched a couple bottles of wine before searching the burglars. He grabbed two vials, a potion and some coins before heading to the door.

Looking outside Edward's eyes dart around, "How should we do this?"

[roll0] I want a spot check to see if all the burglars are wearing something identifiable. If I can take twenty, please use that instead.

There is nothing to identify them by, no signs or sigils or special markings.

Ballista
2012-07-06, 08:31 PM
Noting the fire blazing in the tavern downstairs, Kil'hk becomes a little uneasy.
Perhaps it's best if we leave... Now.

Zman
2012-07-06, 08:51 PM
"Agreed. When we run for it, hang on tight."

Zar continues to look outside...

Still taking 20 on my spot unless told otherwise.

Zman
2012-07-06, 08:54 PM
Initial Spot before taking 20 [roll0]

Ballista
2012-07-06, 09:08 PM
Kil'hk's rather frail body bounces around as Zar takes his long strides out of the burning inn. The undulating motion makes the kobold sick to his stomach and he must resist the urge to vomit his guts out with every step. Straightening his compsure enough to look over the man's head, Kil'hk surveys the town.
Spot Check- [roll0]

Jungian
2012-07-06, 09:12 PM
Edward had only a second to sputter, " off we go!." As he follows Zar long strides,By the gods he is fast., he keeps his eyes open and a small opaque ball sits in his hand. It thrums with unreleased energy.

If we are running as in ful speed ignore that, otherwise magic missle will fire at the first aggressive attacker.

gallagher
2012-07-07, 11:11 AM
it is easy to blend in with a crowd running amok. as you guys near the bell tower, you see two more men coming at you.

I'm using your same initiative, because there are only two of them, it goes Z-R-THEM-E-K. I will let Edward's Magic missile go off. Assume they are 20 feet in front of you guys when your spot's detect them.

Jungian
2012-07-07, 11:52 AM
The sprint through the townspeople had gone smoothly, until they closed in on the bell tower. Edward spots to men running at them with ill intent in their eyes. He reflexively snaps his wrist sending the opaque ball zipping at one of the two men.

Launch the missile!
[roll0]

Zman
2012-07-07, 12:49 PM
As Zar is outpacing those with him he spots the first of two attackers. An elated grin crosses his face as he turns his run into a charge preparing to eviscerate any who oppose him, "Dealth to those ignorant enough to challenge me!"

Charging Power Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2] make that 30 Damage!

He plunges the blade to the hilt with enough force to pick his enemy off of the ground, the life draining from his eyes.

gallagher
2012-07-08, 12:41 PM
As Zar is outpacing those with him he spots the first of two attackers. An elated grin crosses his face as he turns his run into a charge preparing to eviscerate any who oppose him, "Dealth to those ignorant enough to challenge me!"

Charging Power Attack [roll0]
Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2] make that 30 Damage!

He plunges the blade to the hilt with enough force to pick his enemy off of the ground, the life draining from his eyes.

One down, and another injured, the second man who was running at you starts running for the forest. He seems notably frightened after seeing the first of the two being impaled and lifted off his feet mid-charge.

he is at the bell tower, 30 feet away from Zar, 50 feet away from the rest of the group. The forest entrance you were planning on going to past the bell tower is another 20 feet. The lights of the fire in the town provides shadowy illumination for a while, but soon turns to dark.

RavagerofFells
2012-07-08, 12:48 PM
Now the team was running. Raf was way behind and started to catch running full speed with the group as now the team was charging at the people. Zar was already there, so Raf decided to move towards them faster at full speed. But only to get to 30 ft ahead and 20ft away from the group.

OOC

Only moving since i can't attack

Jungian
2012-07-12, 06:47 AM
I've cast a few to many spells today, better conserve. with that he raises his crossbow, and fires a bolt at the retreating assailant.

Firing my crossbow
[roll0] attack
[roll1] crit confirmation
[roll2] damage

gallagher
2012-07-13, 03:44 PM
Zar: You notice Kil'hk is rustling to try and get a better view of something, which causes you to turn your head around. You see behind you wagons coming with several spearmen and crossbowmen flanking them, with a few men on horseback. They seem to be collecting people trying to run away. You can infer that they will probably be sold as slaves and whores. You see that they have a banner of sorts, a yellow fist on a black and grey field. a man on a horse spots you and points at you guys

Kil'hk: You see behind you wagons coming with several spearmen and crossbowmen flanking them. They seem to be collecting people trying to run away. You can infer that they will probably be sold as slaves and whores. You see that they have a banner of sorts, a yellow fist on a black and grey field. You can hear them yelling for people to stop if they value their lives, and several taunts. You hear one of them yelling at you guys in particular.

Ed: you notice your compatriots wheeling around to look at something, and see several spearmen, crossbowmen, and mounted soldiers and a few cages on wagons.

Everyone can see that behind them almost the entire town is on fire. The men you see are well down the road, as it is a main road. Though it is long, wide and straight, it is congested with many people trying to flee in all directions

Ballista
2012-07-13, 10:46 PM
It appears that we have a little situation down there... Though those guards would almost definitely overwhelm us.
Kil'hk squints his cloudy eyes in an attempt to get a better look at the men trailing them. He turns his head back towards Zar and leans forward to whisper in his ear.
Zar, it would be a fruitless endeavor to fight these men. I suggest that we retreat to a more favorable position and hide as best as possible. Though a less orthodox stratagem could be applied...

Zman
2012-07-14, 08:20 AM
Upon seeing the approaching men, Zar quickly turns heading for the tree line to take cover at full speed.

We were heading to the tree line correct? Otherwise it's cover wherever we were going. Also I run 200ft per round and don't lose my Dex while doing it.

gallagher
2012-07-14, 08:02 PM
Upon seeing the approaching men, Zar quickly turns heading for the tree line to take cover at full speed.

We were heading to the tree line correct? Otherwise it's cover wherever we were going. Also I run 200ft per round and don't lose my Dex while doing it.you guys were headed for the path, or at least in that direction, which is about the same distance as the tree line

gallagher
2012-07-16, 12:10 AM
To keep things moving, because Rav is already running in that direction, Zar has Kil'hk in his pack IIRC, and the only one to not have moved from that spot is an arcanist, I assume that everyone is now going for the treeline to not separate the party? If I am wrong, anyone can message me and I will adjust what is in this post to reflect that

You guys reach the treeline without the horsed men gaining on you. some of them you even got further from. You make it into the path, and immediately notice that the light from the town-on-fire is not existent in this path, with the only light coming from the moon and stars above.

gallagher
2012-07-17, 03:41 PM
I am going to need more spot checks all around, as well as any extra checks you guys wish to roll on your own, because as you continue running through the path an arrow shoots out from in front of you, embedding itself in the dirt in front of whoever is in front (Assuming Zar, as he is the fastest, and you are likely to be running)

Jungian
2012-07-17, 06:16 PM
Edward was quickly tiring from the sprint. He barely had enough energy to notice that Zar was sprinting without tiring, and that he was fast. The mystery of Zar's bulk and speed flew out of Edward's mind as an arrow embedded itself in front of Zar.

Seriously, just wanted some gold and wenches. Now we got soliders or mercenaries on our tail and now people trying to fill us full of holes.

Edward's head whips back and forth throwing sweat into the air as he tries to spot anything in the trees.

Here comes Edward's amazing rolls :smallannoyed:
Spot
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Listen
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Zman
2012-07-17, 10:02 PM
Zar, slightly frustrated with having to continually slow down and let the eccentrent young man Edward keep was nearly caught off guard as an arrows hit the dirt in front of him. The audacity of the act nearly set Zars blood to boil...

Spot[roll0]
Listen[roll1]

A 1 and a 3.... Seriously!

gallagher
2012-07-18, 11:13 AM
You can still hear the shouts of some men following your trail, but you have no idea how to tell how many. You can also "hear" that menacing silence of the woods that can only mean one thing, you are being watched.

Edward notices on the arrow that there is a white ribbon tied to the end of the arrow

Ballista
2012-07-18, 12:19 PM
Kil'hk hangs on to the straps of Zar's backpack for dear life as they pound there way through the forest underbrush. All he can do is sit tight as his companion carries the frail old kobold on their way. Kil'hk makes a few glances back at their pursuers, searching for something of use amongst them.

Spot- [roll0]
Listen- [roll1]

Sieizng initiative, Kil'hk begins to take pot shots at the closest of the men; firing bolts after bolts from his crossbow in their direction.

Fire three bolts, reloading between shots.
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

gallagher
2012-07-18, 03:40 PM
Kil'hk sees the white ribbon on the arrow, and hears a low whistle from nearby. A strange whistle that didnt sound like any animal or bird he heard before.

Upon looking where the whistle came from, Kil'hk can see another white ribbon on a tree, near a pile of large, old stones.

gallagher
2012-07-25, 10:52 AM
From Behind the old stones, anyone with lowlight or darkvision can see a familiar face pop out.

Hey, over here, quickly! says Shadeaux in a harsh whisper

Zman
2012-07-25, 04:23 PM
Running, Zar is startled as a whisper comes from the shadow. Had the speaker waited a second longer it is doubtful if Zar could have slowed the Greatsword in time as it had already begun to move...

Jungian
2012-07-25, 06:28 PM
Edward barely managed to stop before crashing into Zar back. Kil'hk probably wouldn't have appreciated me running into him...those claws look sharp.

When Edward heard Shadeaux voice tumultous emotions stirre in his mind. Torn between wanting to hug the only friendly face he had seen today and wanting to punt the gnome further into the woods for involving him in this madness in the first place, Edward blindly goes toward the voice.

Ballista
2012-07-25, 06:34 PM
Bah, the gnome's still intact. I should have known better than to hope he had died in the city.
Gnome! What is this treachery? If I catch wind of your knowledge of this attack, I'll have your head on a pike...

Zman
2012-07-25, 06:36 PM
Zar adds..."And I'll sever it for him, making his job easier..."

gallagher
2012-07-25, 07:19 PM
Bah, the gnome's still intact. I should have known better than to hope he had died in the city.
Gnome! What is this treachery? If I catch wind of your knowledge of this attack, I'll have your head on a pike...

wouldn't dream of treachery. At the very least, no sane man or beast would betray those whom he still needs. I saw strange ships in the bay while packing things up to leave, and ran when I put together that they were pirates and scoundrels. I sent a message as soon as I could get far enough away to calm down and concentrate on the scroll. I only had one so I had to get it right.

You can hear the sounds of the men who followed you getting closer

It sounds like you brought some friends. any ideas on how to get rid of them?

gallagher
2012-07-26, 04:32 PM
As the sounds get louder, Shadeaux's face tightens into a slightly crazy grin.

I hear horses, do you guys want to set up an ambush, or try and escape into the woods? Running in the dark sounds like an easy way to break a leg. Does anybody know how many followed you?

Jungian
2012-08-02, 12:31 PM
Edward was still puffing when he wuietly blurts, "No...no more running.." AS he quiets his breathing he says, "People were following, but a group of people are in the woods. Their arrows are flechted with white ribbons." He then listens intently for signs of others presences.

[roll0] Listen Check, still interested.

Zman
2012-08-02, 01:20 PM
"You know my answer." as Zar slaps his Greatsword against his open hand.

Listen[roll0]
Spot[roll1]
For additional information as well as gauging distance.

Ready action.
Charge

I am here, haven't got email reminders in a while from this thread, weird.

gallagher
2012-08-02, 01:39 PM
Oh, the white ribbon is my thing. If you need, you will notice a mark I invented painted on the edge. I tend to use them to mark trail, or stuff like that.

Well then let us set an ambush! hide behind a tree. if you guys want to climb a tree, get behind the rocks, or hide behind the trees, go where you feel is best. If you go behind the rocks, be careful not to startle our horse, he is a bit skittish.

Edwards Listen check reveals nothing, but Zar's lets him hear what sounds like at least two horses, and he can hear well enough to tell apart different people talking.

Zar spots a good tree to climb, that has decent cover to shoot arrows from, it is directly across from the rockpile. He also spots an easy path to climb up the rock pile.

Ballista
2012-08-05, 07:05 PM
An ambush? Surely you are not so fool hearty; there are far too many men pursuing us to deal with. Sure we may be able to kill a few, but it only serves to stave off the inevitable. No. We must remain hidden, until the storm passes through.

OOC:
Derp herp, this forum is acting up on me again...

gallagher
2012-08-05, 10:45 PM
Did you see how many followed you into the woods?

Listen: [roll0]
Wisdom: [roll1]

Everyone make listen checks, and a separate wisdom check to interpret what you hear.

Zman
2012-08-05, 10:47 PM
Listen[roll0]
Wisdom[roll1]

gallagher
2012-08-05, 10:47 PM
That last part was supposed to be IC, but I dont know if editing a post with rolls makes them go to "roll0" or whatever, and I dont want to waste good rolls. So imagine it is in my speech color :elan:

gallagher
2012-08-06, 09:40 PM
Zar: You hear hoof prints and a cart being pulled. It is eerily quiet and you hear only small chatter coming around the bend. Based on the sound of the wheels, they dont sound like they are moving fast.

Jungian
2012-08-08, 10:15 AM
Edward listens to the debate, wishing that everyone would remain quiet until after the pursuers had passed. Though he quickly says, "I agree with Zar. They could just keep sending people till we tire out and then we get slaughtered."

Listen [roll0]
Wisdom [roll1]

Lets see if the dice gods continue to curse me

gallagher
2012-08-08, 08:03 PM
Edward listens to the debate, wishing that everyone would remain quiet until after the pursuers had passed. Though he quickly says, "I agree with Zar. They could just keep sending people till we tire out and then we get slaughtered."

Listen [roll0]
Wisdom [roll1]

Lets see if the dice gods continue to curse me

You can hear the squeaking of wheels from a cart, and the clop-clop of horse footfalls. In your good wisdom, you can discern two distinct sets of footfalls. One is going slower, along the same pace as the cart is squeaking. The other is going at a quicker pace.

Well we should at least try to hide behind these rocks, in case there are too many. If so, we can run into the woods, but then they will take our supplies

Ballista
2012-08-08, 08:29 PM
Kil'hk turns a wary ear to where he assumed the pursuers would follow.

gallagher
2012-08-08, 09:26 PM
Kil'hk turns a wary ear to where he assumed the pursuers would follow.

You can figure out the same thing about the different patterns of horses walking, but you can also hear some unorganized footfalls, and some people chattering.

Zman
2012-08-09, 06:11 AM
"How many? I can't tell." Zar grits his teeth

gallagher
2012-08-09, 04:24 PM
Our cart will go too slowly, we need to either hide or fight. If we must hide, I have just the spell to hide our cart while they pass, and we can hide in the trees. From there we can decide if we want to attack.

Shadeaux casts Obscuring Mist on the cart, and hide behind the treeline opposite the cart. Got 3 1st level spells left for the day.