PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Metamagic Costs for a Death Master.

GreenSerpent
2012-06-25, 06:14 PM
Simple question.

Is there any simple way that a level 15 Death Master can avoid paying the metamagic cost for Silent Spell (EVERY spell has to be silenced. All of them.)?

I think Incantrix is banned, and I'd dearly love to keep all my Death Master levels.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

VGLordR2
2012-06-25, 06:17 PM
Best I know is Arcane Thesis, but it only works for one spell.

eggs
2012-06-25, 06:31 PM
Easy Metamagic: Silent?

EDIT: Reduces one metamagic's adjustment by 1, Dragon Magazine #325

VGLordR2
2012-06-25, 06:37 PM
Easy Metamagic: Silent?

EDIT: Reduces one metamagic's adjustment by 1, Dragon Magazine #325

Doesn't it have a minimum of one?

Giegue
2012-06-25, 06:45 PM
If you don't mind a caster level loss, take one level of cleric(grabbing the deathbound domain for even better undead animation as a bonus) and grab the feat alternate source spell. That feat allows you to cast your arcane spells as divine, allowing you too in turn use your death master rebuke undead power to use Divine Metamagic: Silent Spell. Unfortunately, it will only make silent as many spells as you have rebuke attempts to spend, and alternate source spell is considered "cheesy" by some people so you may not even be able to use that method.

GreenSerpent
2012-06-25, 06:50 PM
Sadly Easy Metamagic won't work. Minimum of one.

Hmmm... wait a minute! A simpler question. Are there any races that don't speak (as in make sounds to talk) that could be used as spellcasters for a Death Master? As in communicate by some other means that isn't vocal but can be used to supply a vocal component?

VGLordR2
2012-06-25, 06:55 PM
Would Nonverbal Spell work? It removes the actual verbal components, but you still have to make sound.

GreenSerpent
2012-06-25, 06:59 PM
Ah. Well, to give a little more information, he has no face. No face at all.

The character (yes, this is an evil campaign) is a victim of the disease Faceless Hate (BoVD) and has no face. No eyes, no mouth, nothing. Can still eat and so on - somehow.

VGLordR2
2012-06-25, 07:06 PM
By strict RAW, you could use Nonverbal Spell. It just says that you have to make noise; it doesn't specify that the noise has to come from the mouth. It probably goes against RAI, but it could be very flavorful if you use it this way.

GreenSerpent
2012-06-25, 07:08 PM
Death master snaps fingers.

*gigantic explosion*

I have some very amusing plans now.

Glimbur
2012-06-25, 07:11 PM
You could get a Slaymate, from Libris Mortis. Metamagic for necromantic spells prepared around them is at -1 cost.