PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to Texas! Do you want me to visit you on my way

shadow_archmagi
2012-06-25, 08:01 PM
Hello, friends, strangers, possibly Jibar?!

I'm planning on trekking across America as part of a party of four en route to the Rooster Teeth convention in Texas (I assume we have plenty of Red vs Blue fans lurking around here.)

Naturally, any trip with a purpose rapidly becomes a multipurpose trip, and so I was hoping to meet any forumites that were in the general region that we'd be travelling through! If you're in the states of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, or even East Kansas and or western Kentucky, then let me know if you're be interested in sharing a food, playing a children's card game, or even offering shelter for the night!

Whiffet
2012-06-25, 08:24 PM
Ah, now that sounds like fun!

I do live in the region (near Kansas City, to be specific) but I'm afraid I can't offer you much. I'd like to offer dinner or shelter, but, well, I'm a poor college student who can't even afford to live away from home yet. I could buy you a burger or something if you pass through, but that's about it.

That said, I can recommend some activities if you do end up around here. Stuff that's cheap or free.

arguskos
2012-06-25, 08:59 PM
You're hitting two states near me, but not mine (Ohio). For shame, sir, for shame. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

I'd have shown you the best taco place in town, too. Oh well. Should your plans change, lemme know and you can swing on by for a taco or three.

shadow_archmagi
2012-06-26, 08:46 PM
You're hitting two states near me, but not mine (Ohio). For shame, sir, for shame. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

I'd have shown you the best taco place in town, too. Oh well. Should your plans change, lemme know and you can swing on by for a taco or three.

Please relocate Ohio closer to our planned trajectory and we'll happily pass through

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2012-06-27, 02:10 PM
Sorry, bud, we're a little out of the way, too. ::smallfrown:

Arutema
2012-07-02, 02:28 AM
Whereabouts in Texas are you traveling to, and through? It's a big state.

inexorabletruth
2012-07-03, 08:58 AM
If you're passing through the D/FW metroplex, the wife and I'd be happy to join you for coffee.

shadow_archmagi
2012-07-03, 12:28 PM
Whereabouts in Texas are you traveling to, and through? It's a big state.

The convention is in Austin. We're planning a relatively straight line from southwestern Michigan.

Arutema
2012-07-03, 02:02 PM
The convention is in Austin. We're planning a relatively straight line from southwestern Michigan.

You'll probably be bypassing me in Houston then, pity.

Kindablue
2012-07-04, 12:29 AM

You'll miss me too, then. I'd wish you a fun time in Austin, but that's a little like wishing someone a wet time in Bangladesh.

Elm11
2012-07-05, 12:54 AM
I'm down in Australia. How do you fancy your swimming skills? :smalltongue:

In all seriousness, best of luck. Australia really isn't hospitable enough to ever do treks like that, but they've always seemed like an awesome idea.