PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker IC: Chapter I, The Stolen Lands (ChaosLord29

ChaosLord29
2012-06-26, 01:16 PM
The Green Belt

The sun is hot and the road dry and dusty as you make your way on the last leg of your journey towards Oleg's trading post. There is however a cool breeze to relieve the worst of the summer heat, and in these last few days you find yourself in the company of others like yourself, adventurers similarly charged with the settling of the Stolen Lands, and each of you carrying a nearly identical Writ of Exploration:

"Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg’s Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Aoleski Surtova, current regent of the Dragonscale Throne."

Having carried out most of the journey thus far in silence, and with Oleg's Trading Post rearing up on the horizon, a small wooden structure set amongst the low hills. Just beyond it to the west is the hazy green of the thickly forested Narlmarches, and to the South-East, the rolling highlands of the Kamelands. Though the haze of the heat and the dust of the road do not allow you to observe them in much detail, it is clear why the rugged wilderness before you is known as The Green Belt, for it's lush and verdant landscape is quite pleasing to the eye, and understandably a tempting area for settlement by the Riverlords. Before any such attempts however, it is up to you and your companions to see to it they are tamed and cleared of the monsters and bandits which are known to inhabit them, and discover what mysteries may yet remain from those who've yet tried and failed to tame these lands before.

Daftendirekt
2012-06-26, 02:08 PM
Quinn sits atop his horse as it plods placidly along, scratching idly at the several days' stubble on his cheek as he peers out across the Green Belt. His other hand has a loose hold on both the horse's reins and his longbow, which is laid across his saddle. His cloak, dusty from the long trip, blows free behind him. The trip thus far has been fairly uneventful; hardly a sign of bandits, and the couple they'd seen had steered clear of such a group as the one he was part of -- armed and obviously capable of taking care of themselves.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be glad to get out of this saddle. I think it's made a permanent imprint on my buttocks," the middle-aged man says with a laugh as he looks back at his new companions.

Hestraim
2012-06-26, 02:54 PM
The heat from the sun and the tiredness from the many days of travelling has left Tysen with an ear splitting head ache that only a couple of solid drinks could cure. His cloak is made up of tattered bits and pieces of clothes that he has accumulated over his time traveling from his hometown of Hastergut just south of Brevoy.

Just be thankful you have a horse. My feet are pure blisters at this point. I'm looking forward to some good dice and cards tonight when we finally get to Oleg's Trading Post.

Not wanting to make a bad first impression, Tysen continues on ,"So what brings you to the Stolen Lands? I'm sorry so rude of me, my name is Tysen Drearan. Pleased to make your aquaintance.

Drogos
2012-06-26, 03:31 PM
A veritable knight in shining golden armor rides up alongside Tysen and the other man on horseback. He runs an un-gauntleted hand through his brown hair and trots up atop a white horse.

Good to see someone finally break the silence. I'm Loinir Brightblade. I am sorry to hear you are both at such pain. I quite thoroughly enjoyed the ride out here. I can't think of a time that I was outdoors for so long.

Aluroon
2012-06-26, 05:52 PM
Mathew Charles trudges on in the hot sun as only one who was immersed in a military education can, stubornly refusing to remove his cloak or mantle. Covered in a thin layer of dust and sweat grime he still breaks into a smirk at the words of the golden armored knight. "Gods help us, an optimist," he quips to the rest of the group. He offers up a smile to Loinir to soften the effect of the teasing.

"I'm Mathew Charles. To answer your question with another Mr. Drearan, why wouldn't you head out to the Stolen Lands? Untamed land so far as the eye can see and endless potential for exploration and freedom free from the hand of any others? Sounds like just what I was after, and if I get to remove a few brigands from the world in the course of enjoying that freedom then I'm just doing my civic duty and making the world a better place while enjoying my leasure."

The long haired dog beside him seems far more miserable than he at the long day's march in the hot sun.

Daftendirekt
2012-06-26, 11:41 PM
"Anywhere in this land is far from home for me," Quinn says cryptically. "Why not travel? Perhaps by doing so I will find my way home -- or maybe even a new home."

The scruffy-looking ranger has a wistful look on his face as he speaks, and he rubs a hand along the hilt of his sheathed sword.

Princess Tracy
2012-06-27, 07:00 AM
A young woman walks along in quiet contentment astride her companions. She was certainly glad to see them speaking, but more than that she just had a pretty good feeling about today. It was nothing supernatural to that feeling - pure conjecture from the brightness of the sun and surprising softness of the ground. Her dark hair is tied back in a lazily pleated tail that reaches her legs, her small eyes glimmering with curiosity as she looks the others over. Her clothes are simple green fabric worn like robes over her chinked armour of scales, and she carries little beyond a modest backpack and a quarterstaff that she uses as little more than a walking stick. There is a fairly exotic blade strapped to her back, and from its untouched handle and clean sheathe it is clear it has never seen use, not qill it with the thick string that binds it in place. They were in a good mood now and near their destination, what else was required? Deciding it no longer rude to speak up, her role in the conversation having come around, she introduces herself.

"My name is 'Yumeko'. Just Yumeko. I have come quite a way to these lands, and I am glad to see I am not the only one who sees some hope here. I hope to be of use to you all." She gives a brief but deep bow. "Travel for the sake of travel is certainly a worthy pursuit I believe. One is liable to meet many interesting people the longer they travel, and it is a teaching in the old country that one may better find their role in life if they are willing to try things until they find the path they are most comfortable with. I did not expect to travel so far, but hopefully the Stolen Lands will at least be an important stepping stone, if not my destination." She smiles broadly, dying back into silence, her need to speak on herself more than utterly drained. She mumbles the names so far. "Loinir, Mathew, Quinn, Tysen. Pleased to make your acquaintance," she says with an additional bow of her head to everyone in turn. Turning to silence as she continues to listen intently to everyone's words.

Drogos
2012-06-27, 08:18 PM
Mathew's comment doesn't even see to faze Loinir as he makes an attempt to awkwardly bow while in his finely crafted saddle.

Well said, m'lady. Travel for the sake of travel. I like the thought of that. My reason for accepting the charter and embarking on this journey is by order of the Church of Abadar which I serve as a paladin. My superiors were not too fond of me back in Restov so I was surprised when they finally approved of my transfer to the field. They even told me not to come back until the wonders of civilization graces every mile of these untamed lands. Quite a goal to shoot for but its got to be better than guard duty in the city. I would have snapped if I had to follow one more fat and greedy merchant around warding off pickpockets. Bringing order and justice to the wilderness though, now thats a job for a paladin of Abadar.

ChaosLord29
2012-06-29, 02:16 PM
In the course of your conversing, Oleg's trading post has now neared considerably, and the structure is visible in much greater detail. It is wooden fort of sorts, it's timber walls approximately 30 feet high, the parapets at every corner sporting smallish ballistae, and a wrought iron portcullis bars the entrance. It would be a much more imposing structure however if it weren't in such an obvious state of disrepair. The timber is overgrown with moss and vines, and rot has taken hold along the base of much of the palisade. The ballistae are in even worse shape, and clearly look as though they haven't been manned in years. This may once have been a prominent border fort, but you can well guess that it's been years since any significant force has manned or maintained it.

The portcullis is currently raised, and it's approaching late afternoon as you near it close enough to see inside to the earthen courtyard, where several wooden structures are also visible, though not yet in any great detail.

Daftendirekt
2012-06-29, 02:28 PM
As the party nears the run-down fort-turned-inn, Quinn wrinkles his nose at the smell of rot and old vegetation. Not exactly a top of the line establishment they were coming to, hmm? He keeps his eyes and ears open, cautious that perhaps such a place isn't even friendly anymore, and that maybe there may be unpleasantness waiting for them. His hands unconsciously check the string on his bow and half-reach for an arrow from his quiver before returning to his reins.

"Keep your eyes open," is the only bit of these misgivings that he voices to his companions.

Drogos
2012-06-29, 03:01 PM
Loinir takes in the sight of the run down trading post.

Hmmm, well it certainly has a rustic look to it. Though you would think as the only bastion of civilization for miles around it would be in better condition. Hopefully with our combined efforts here we can lend a hand with building it up to a more impressive fortification.

The Paladin encourages his horse onwards, eager to reach the destination he had traveled so long for.

Aluroon
2012-06-29, 03:25 PM
Mathew shakes his head at the dilapidated state of the trading post, and casts a wary eye at Quinn before nodding. "Something feels wrong."

Princess Tracy
2012-06-30, 11:57 AM
Yumeko seems quite apathetic to the disrepair, continuing on with a silent smile as she surveys her surroundings. She had smelt far worse in the journey over here. She shivers as she remembers and early encounter with a ghoul a few countries back. Yumeko pats Mathey and Quinn on the shoulder and strokes the mane of Loinir's horse as she passes, falling into a back row. "Alertness is important, perhaps. If we are destined for greatness, we fear not the mundane' is a bit of wisdom I am familiar with. Though another is that 'destiny is something seized' so let us not trivialise the mundane." Wisdom always sounds better in her head, especially when she does not have to speak it in common. Feeling a tad foolish, she slinks a little further back, trying to strike up conversation.

"So, ah, Tysen, if I may call you that? What is on your mind?"

ChaosLord29
2012-07-01, 12:20 PM
Entering the open portcullis of the trading post reveals a wide earthen yard, with a fir pit and pair of rough hewed wooden tables, and an old wagon, its wheels cracked and sunk into the ground. A quartet of buildings are spread throughout the grounds, all of them wooden, but none of them in quite so bad a state of disrepair as the walls themselves. Two buildings off to your have their entrances facing the fire pit, and thatched roofs, marking them as living space of some kind, while directly ahead of you past the wagon is a wooden shed of sorts, and immediately to your left a stable and storage area consisting of little more than thick logs and a higher, slanting roof.

There's no one to be seen inside the walls, but there are fresh coals in the fire and other signs that the post is still very much lived in.

For Quinn:
You can make out the sound of shouting and loud voices from the larger of the two living space buildings.

Daftendirekt
2012-07-01, 12:30 PM
Quinn climbs down off his horse and tethers its reins to the nearest railing or pole. He looks back at his companions and motions them to be careful.

"There are people in the largest building," he speaks quietly, a firm grip on his bow as he ghosts up to the side of the building and peers cautiously into the window, careful to present as little of himself as possible to anybody inside who might be looking.

Stealth [roll0]

Drogos
2012-07-01, 01:02 PM
Upon entering the encampment, Loinir dismounts and leads his horse over to the stables area looking to find something to tie his horse to. He grabs his shield and keeps a hand resting on the hilt of his sword. From there he follows Quinn over to the building he heard voices from.

Do you think we should knock?

Princess Tracy
2012-07-01, 02:34 PM
Yumeko approaches the building her companions are pressed up against, making to try and detect if the people inside are friendly, though not particularly having a plan for what to do if they are not.

Perception to better see or hear the residents (through window or otherwise) [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]
Sense Motive (hunch?) to see if they are friendly [roll2]
Edit: BOOM natural 20 on stealth And the dice do generally seem to love me today.

Drogos
2012-07-01, 09:51 PM
With a shrug, Loinir moves up to the door and knocks on it it with a gauntleted fist.

Hello! We are travelers with charters of exploration for the green belt. We come to meet and assist whoever runs this outpost on the edge of the wilderness. May we enter?

ChaosLord29
2012-07-01, 10:02 PM
Suddenly, all sounds of voices inside the house go silent. There is a pause, and a few muttered words can just barely be made out before the heavy thumping of boots on the wooden floor of the building are heard. The door swings open and Loinir is greeted by the sight of a heavyset man who could not quite be considered young, with thick arms and a unkempt beard and facial hair. His eyes blaze with a barely restrained fury as he looks takes in the sight of the paladin, resplendent in his scale mail armor. His voice trembles just slightly before he speaks, "We're not doing business today, come back tomorrow." He pauses, narrowing his brow as he looks at the paladin then to the left and the right, "What do you mean, we?" He asks, the anger momentarily gone from his voice.

Yumeko and Quinn meanwhile can see into what appears to be an office of some kind, where a four people are standing, weapons drawn, facing the entrance. They don't appear to have taken notice of the pair at the window, and while one of them stares towards the door where Loinir is speaking, the other holds his blade to the throat of a frightened looking woman whose hands are bound.

Daftendirekt
2012-07-01, 11:41 PM
Quinn carefully nocks an arrow to his bow and draws, stepping into view behind Loinir with the bow aimed over the paladin's shoulder at the man in the doorway.

"You seem to be doing some rather unsavory business with that woman in there. Let her go. Now," the scruffy man says, his bow quite steady as he speaks sternly.

Move action to move out to 15 feet away from the door. Readying an action to shoot if the guy takes any hostile actions.

ChaosLord29
2012-07-01, 11:46 PM
The man's eyes go wide as Quinn steps into view and his face blanches visibly, "You don't understand . . ." he murmurs hurriedly gesturing with his hands in a downward fashion as he glances behind him to see if they're being heard. "They have my wife . . . " With another quick glance behind he says quite loudly, "Yes, that's all very good, now just be on your way." With his head, he motions to the right ever so slightly.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-02, 05:44 AM
Yumeko ponders what to do and feels around for a way to sneak in. No, no, that wouldn't work... I know! If my companions attack from the head on... The rogue could do some damage with those blades of his, giving me the opportunity to... Yumeko smiles from her hiding place at her companions, nodding to give them a silent go ahead.

I jsut realised initiative was apparently rolled for us, so ignore us. This OOC-thread rolling is a bit annoying. [roll0]

Princess Tracy
2012-07-02, 05:58 AM
Yumeko pries the window open a little bit. Her eyes towards her target, she hoped she wasn't out of practice. Darkness swirls around her fingers and her gaze pierces the hostage taker as it momentarily becomes a face of terror itself.

Yumeko casts Cause Fear (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/cause-fear) on the enemy with the knife to the woman's throat. DC 14 will save to avoid frightened condition and fleeing until cornered, otherwise being shaken

Release her, or face my wrath! she boasts to the magically-spooked opponent, hoping to at least put him off balance enough for her companions to get the drop on these ruffians without him harming the woman.

ChaosLord29
2012-07-02, 12:48 PM
The bandit turns to face Yumeko at the window, only to find himself staring into cold face of true terror. His eyes go wide and the color drains from his features as he opens his mouth in a silent scream, strangled prematurely in his throat by the same terror which even now robs him of his will, save to find some means of escape. His dagger hangs loosely in his hand and even as his companions turn to face the window, it is clear he no longer has any thought except the preternatural dread now dominating his fragile mind.

Bandit 3 fails his will save.

Aluroon
2012-07-03, 02:28 PM
Mathew moves up closer to Loinir, ready to act should the heavyset man turn hostile. "He means we, a group of people of indeterminate numbers." He smiles at the man.

Move, readied action to force missile of the man turns hostile.

Hestraim
2012-07-03, 09:20 PM
Tysen is near the back as the exchange begins, No one is open to stangers now-a-days like I was saying bef- . . . ."[/I] he is caught off from the obviously aggressive behaviour Quinn is performing.

His strengths lie in sneak and subtlety. Following behind Yumeko, Tysen appears at the window about to jump in and get close quarters with the bandits.

ChaosLord29
2012-07-05, 01:41 PM
The bandit afflicted by Yumeko's spell now proceeds to dash out the door, screaming at the top of his lungs as he rushes through the hall and into the field of vision of Quinn, Loinir, and Matthew only to disappear into the adjacent room and slam the door shut behind him. There is the sound of slightly muffled screaming from behind the door, as well as the moving of heavy objects.

The man at the door rounds now, and motions the trio at the doorway to follow him, "Quick!" he cries, making his way into the building, "Before Svetlana is hurt!"

Before he can make it into the room however, another pair of bandits move into the hallway, each wielding a shortsword quite menacingly. Oleg attempts to rush past them, but receives a stabbing wound to the gut for his efforts and goes down just in front of the door, prompting a scream woman's scream from within. The pair of armed men now advance on Loinir in the doorway, one of them striking out at the unarmed (but heavily armored warrior), but failing to cause him any harm.

Yumeko and Tysen see the final ruffian, holding a longbow, and he quickly trains if upon the cleric with a sadistic gleam in his eye, "This'll teach you some manners!" He calls out as he looses an arrow towards her. The arrow flies true, almost nicking Tysen as it does, and grazes the cleric across her shoulder.

Damage: [roll0]

Hestraim
2012-07-05, 04:29 PM
YUMEKO! As the arrow grazes Yumeko's shoulder, Tysen slips behind the windowsill, drawing his blade. Stay down, if he comes over to attack you I'll ambush him.

Readied action if one of the bandits approaches the windows. Attack will be a sneak attack.

Drogos
2012-07-05, 10:34 PM
Loinir is taken aback by the scene before him. He registers the woman being held by one of several thugs. Her captor is apparently mad as he suddenly runs off screaming. Just as he is about to move to protect the woman, the other two ruffians move to intercept him, slashing with their swords.

You have drawn weapons against a lady and in her own home no less. You shall receive no quarter from me.

He steps forward to me them, drawing his sword as he moves with practiced ease. He levels a silver longsword at the bandit who swung at him and launches a quick swipe at him.
attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

ChaosLord29
2012-07-06, 03:47 AM
"Stuff it, do-gooder!" One of the bandits cries, striking out at Loinir even as he draws his blade, clearly having no compunctions over striking at an unarmed man. With his opponent now slightly more preoccupied the bandit has slightly better luck and his blade scores a shallow gash on the paladin's left arm.
Damage: [roll]1d6+1

His companion however is not so lucky, and the thug who had previously attempted to strike the Loinir now feels the slice of the champion's blade. Easily batting aside his opponents defense, the blade slices a long cut across the bandits chest, deep enough to leave a brief spray of gore in it's wake, but not quite deep enough to down the man, who now clutches his chest in obvious agony.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-06, 05:55 AM
Yumeko clutches her wound for a moment, reeling from the attack. "D-don't worry, Tysen, I can take care of myself..." she says weakly. She waves her hands, her eyes glowing as she commands the wounds of herself and her allies, including the husband, to heal, a wave of postive energy bursting from her being with a shimmer, before dropping to her knees behind the windowsill, taking cover more from the instinct to nurse her pain, whether the wounds even remain or not.

Damage healed in burst [roll0]

Daftendirekt
2012-07-06, 08:30 AM
Quinn growls in frustration as Loinir blocks his aim into the doorway. He drops his bow on the ground and in one smooth motion has his sword out of its sheath as he charges up to join the fray. His blade moves in under Loinir's raised arms for a quick stab at the bandit.

Free action to drop bow, another to draw greatsword (thanks to Quick Draw), and then charge. +2 attack for charging, but -1 attack +3 damage for Power Attack.

[roll0]
crit confirm [roll1]
[roll2]
crit dmg [roll3]

ChaosLord29
2012-07-07, 03:44 PM
The man writhing in the door way seems to be healed considerably by Yumeko's efforts and begins to struggle to his feat to reach the bound woman in the office looking room.

Quinn's efforts are rewarded as he slips under Loinir's attack and manages to completely impale the surprised bandit on the end of his blade. The thug has only a moment to look down in shock at the scant few inches of Quinn's great-sword still visible from the front before the life fades from his eyes and he slumps down heavily. The ruffian whom Loinir had previously injured seems quite taken aback at just how dangerous their foes are.

ChaosLord29
2012-07-16, 10:03 PM
The brigand previously injured by Loinir watches his companion slump to his knees with Quinn's sword still protruding clean through his torso, with a certain amount of horror before throwing down his sword and turning in flight, making it only a few steps before throwing himself against the door the other of their trio had already sealed himself behind. He hammered on the door, yelling to be let in, even as he attempted to offer garbled words of surrender to Loinir and Quinn standing in the doorway.

The thief with the bow listens to the sound of the apparently last of his band giving up in terror and mutters something about cowardly scum before leaning out just far enough into the hallway to lose an arrow at Loinir. He doesn't stay visible long enough to see the arrow embed itself in the wooden timber a good foot left of the armored warrior and instead makes good his escape out the shattered window, figuring on trying his luck with the not so well armed pair outside the window, not knowing they are even now lying in wait. He doesn't make even clear the window frame before realizing his mistake, and offers quite a vulnerable target for Yumeko and Tysen hiding beneath and to the side of the window frame.

Both Yumeko and Tysen take an opportunity attack agins the bow armed bandit.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-17, 05:34 AM
Shrugging, Yumeko produces her quarterstaff and smacks for the bandit who foolishly dropped his guard as hard as she can.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

ChaosLord29
2012-07-17, 12:59 PM
Awkwardly positioned as he is, Yumeko's quarterstaff catches him on the hand with a resounding 'Thwack!' and the sickening crunch of some of the smaller bones in his hand being broken as it's trapped between her stave and the equally hard wood of the window frame. With a yelp, he tumbles out of the window, dropping his bow in the process and nearly falling down onto Yumeko. "You miserable wench!" the thug shouts as he rights himself, drawing a broad, short blade from his belt as he rounds on Yumeko menacingly, still not having taken notice of Tysen on his other side.

Hestraim
2012-07-17, 07:05 PM
Tysen seeing his opportunity, lunges at his opponent. Attacking from the shadows, Tysen is known to cause significant damage.

To hit:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Sneak Damage:
[roll2]

Hestraim
2012-07-17, 07:09 PM
Again Tysen strikes at the fleeing bandit. Cowards flee! he yells.

To hit:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Drogos
2012-07-18, 12:36 AM
Seeing that the bandits remaining inside have all but given up in the battle, Loinir moves past Quinn as the last Bandit leap out of the side window over Tysen and Yumeko. The paladin makes a break for the gate, intending to cut off the bandit's escape.

The battle is over! Lay down your weapon and I shall honor your surrender! Your allies have already done so. Escape will be quite difficult with those wounds.

ChaosLord29
2012-07-18, 12:53 AM
The bandit manages to twist out of the way of Tysen's blades at the very last minute, and decides to prove the rogue's taunts only too true by making good his escape towards the gate of the fort. Once he sees and here's Loinir making cutting him off, as well as taking note that he is clearly now quite alone and outnumbered, he curses and throws down his blade, letting it stick into the ground as he spits on the ground before the Paladin.

"You can shove your honor right down the same throat with the rest of your pretty words." He calls over, "Surrender or no, I've got nothing to say to any of you."

Princess Tracy
2012-07-18, 04:01 AM
"Who said anything about you having anything to say to us? I would have just assumed you were some particularly troublesome bandits," Yumeko remarks as she clambers into the house. She goes to check on the wounded, including the man and his wife, trusting the surrendering man to her allies. "Are you quite alright?" she asks, preparing to heal where necessary.

Daftendirekt
2012-07-18, 09:30 AM
Seeing that the battle was more or less finished, Quinn wipes his sword off on the cloak of the man he'd skewered, sheathes it, and goes to retrieve his bow. He then walks over to stand in front of the bandit, remaining quiet and merely staring at the man, silently daring him to try something.

Drogos
2012-07-18, 02:22 PM
I am Loinir Brightblade, Paladin of Abadar. I would hear your business with the good people of this outpost as well as your name and that of who you work for. Cooperate and you will be treated fairly.

As the Paladin moves closer to the Bandit, he employs his Detect Evil on the bandit before him.

Hestraim
2012-07-18, 03:53 PM
Let us not forget about the the group of men who locked themselves in the room.

Tysen walks around the building hoping to identify an alternative route.

Perception
[roll0](+1 for traps)

ChaosLord29
2012-07-19, 01:23 PM
Loinir's preternatural senses clearly identify the man before him as evil in his character and nature, and were it not already clear enough, he sneers at the paladin kicking up dirt in front of him. "Careful not to smudge that shining armor of yours, boy." He mutters.

Inside, Yumeko comes upon the woman who had been bound, sitting on the bed, face buried in the shoulder of the burly man who came out to greet them originally. She is quietly weeping and the man is doing his best to soothe her, before looking up directly at Yumeko, eyes wide before he calms down a bit. "You were the one who healed me, weren't you?" He asks, clearly about to rise and extend a hand in thanks to her, but then remembered his wife and stays settled on the bed. "I am Oleg, and this is my wife Svetlana. I can't thank you enough for dealing with those bandits, and ensuring my wife was returned safely to me."

Tysen sees a window into the store room, and peering inside spies the two remaining bandits to be looking dejectedly around them, muttering to one another in hushed tones.

Drogos
2012-07-19, 03:54 PM
Quinn keep an eye on our friend here. I'm going inside to speak with the master of this outpost. I will leave it to him to decide what we do with these outlaws.

Loinir walks back inside to see the man and his wife talking to Yumeko.

It looks we arrived just in time, though we could have spared your wife the fright had we been year just a little sooner. If you are the master of this humble outpost then I will leave it you to decide what we should do with the men who attacked you. We have one surrendering in the yard and two shut in behind yonder door. It is your home and buisness so its your law we will follow.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-21, 04:57 AM
Yumeko bows deeply. "Please, I am not worthy of praise. I am but a simple healer, and healing the injured is my duty. Just as a bird's duty is to fly or a bee's is to pollinate or a web is to ensnare, mine is to provide aid. I am just glad to see you safe. Though we may not be out of the water yet with these brigands, though I am glad we seem to have taken so many alive." Yumeko analyses the fallen bandits to see if they still draw breath, making to cast Stabilize on each of them in turn. "Perhaps unfortunately, I believe that duty also calls for me to take these men alive. But then, from there on, their lives are part of my duty, and seeing to it they harass and harm you no further shall be my task." Now, how to deal with the one's who have cooped themselves up... I have but one spell left that is not made to heal. I suppose this therefore must fall to my companions, if we were to do it by violent means anyway. She turns to her companions, whispering a little. "I can create a cloud of harmless but effectively obscuring fog, if that is of any tactical worth."

Approaching the door they have fortified themselves behind, she attempts to talk the remaining men down. "Gentlemen, this is a most unfavourable position for you - all of your allies are incapable of fighting any longer, you are clearly outmatched in numbers and skill, you have lost your hostage and you can hardly stay in there forever. If you exit and surrender now, I can promise you some mercy, all that I can provide. I have no interest in painful interrogation, rather in ensuring less bloodshed, an ideal that I think suits you greatly."

ChaosLord29
2012-07-23, 11:39 PM
Their is a pause and some hurried whispered discussion from behind the door before a brief assent is given. "Aye, we'll surrender, so long as we may keep our lives." The word is passed back to Yumeko, along withe sound of an unbarring at the door. The three bandits peer out to see Yumeko standing beside Oleg who has a furious look on his face. They cower a moment before coming into full view and lining up between their new captors, unsure of their predicament.

Princess Tracy
2012-07-24, 05:37 AM
Yumeko stretches in place. "Now, hand your weapons to Oleg. Good, good. It has been a terribly long day of travelling. Noble owner, would you care to fetch a strong length of rope with which to bind our prisoners here? You gentleman are now my responsibility!" she declares, slamming her quarterstaff's bottom end into the ground like she's standing on the bridge of Khazad-Dum. "My associates are attempting to claim these lands, changing them for the better. Perhaps when we are through, it will be a place of enough prosperity that banditry is no longer a necessity. Until then, I feel it appropriate to educate you all in the wrongness of your actions. Fear not though. I'm essentially a pacifist, in spite of what that nasty bump on your friend's head would lead you to believe."

JaaSwb
2012-07-24, 07:58 PM
Lukian Spudinka yawns as he enters the fort. His feet feel as though they are made of lead. Even after his long journey to Restov he is not accustomed to travel. I hope they have beds, he thinks, and yawns again. He looks over the compound then walks towards what seems to be the owner's house, his fingers seeking the swordlords' writ in his scroll case.

------

Just as Yumeko finishes her sentence, there is a knock on the front door.

A very tall young man stands behind it, six foot and a half if not more. His clothes and sheep fur hat identify him as a northener. He has clearly been traveling, as his face is tired and his clothes are dirty. Were dirty, as he seems to be getting much cleaner over time.