PDA

View Full Version : Your Digital Games Collection

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-06-26, 02:07 PM
This is my collection of digital games (in alphabetical order, because I like to do that).

Age of Empires 3.
Amnesia: the Dark Descent.
Bastion.
Battle for Wesnoth.
Bioshock.
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.
Limbo.
Silent Hill 2.
Skyrim.
Team Fortress 2.
Warcraft 3.
World of Goo.

What's your collection?

GloatingSwine
2012-06-26, 05:22 PM
I think my fingers would literally drop off if I tried to write out every game I've got. Even just the ones that I haven't lost somewhere and still have the physical editions of or duplicates (I bought TIE Fighter three times, for instance).

I reckon my collection is probably knocking on the door of 750, and stretches back to the Mega Drive at least (and some PC games older than that that I might even still have the 3.5" floppies of).

psilontech
2012-06-26, 07:16 PM
Too large and bloated to even begin to list. I've been building this since list since I was eight years old. NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, PS2, XBawks? The literal corner of one of my rooms dedicated to PC game boxes I for some reason refuse to toss, not to mention the ones that only exist in a digital medium? I don't have the attention span right now to catalog all of them.

KillianHawkeye
2012-06-26, 09:05 PM
Same here. I've been playing and collecting computer games for 20 years, and console games for even longer. I'm still mad that we sold our Atari when I was a teenager.

JabberwockySupafly
2012-06-27, 12:24 AM
My Backloggery Account. (http://www.backloggery.com/JbbrwockySupafly) Mind you, this is a Work In Progress, and I reckon it's around 30-40% complete for what I currently own, I'm probably going to give up on the games I've completed in the past and no longer own, as that's just too many to list.

factotum
2012-06-27, 01:27 AM
I know I have at least 82 games on my Gamers Gate account because that's how many were in the 1C complete pack I bought! Can't remember off the top of my head how many I have on GoG, Impulse and Steam...

Chainsaw Hobbit
2012-06-27, 11:47 AM
I feel pretty pathetic.

Forbiddenwar
2012-06-28, 08:49 AM
I feel pretty pathetic.

Don't. It takes time, luck and disposable income to build a game collection. And we all still have only 24 hours in a day in each of our lives to play, and some significantly less than that, so a large game collection only mean options when sitting down to play.

The Succubus
2012-06-28, 09:00 AM
Don't. It takes time, luck and disposable income to build a game collection. And we all still have only 24 hours in a day in each of our lives to play, and some significantly less than that, so a large game collection only mean options when sitting down to play.

It also takes an unhealthy obsession with games as well. But keep working at it and you'll wind up just as socially maladjusted as the rest of us. :smallbiggrin:

My current collection is naught but a small fraction of what it used to be - I used to have at least a thousand Amstrad CPC games in my younger days - some of them enormously collectable now. Of course, this was when a budget CPC game was £2.99 from the Hit Squad or Codemasters collections. Games are a might more pricey these days.

* fires up his old Amstrad and tape deck*

*read error b*
*read error b*
*read error b*

*cries*

factotum
2012-06-28, 10:19 AM
And we all still have only 24 hours in a day in each of our lives to play, and some significantly less than that, so a large game collection only mean options when sitting down to play.

Which is why I was forced to type out all my "to play" games and randomise the list, so I can go through them without having to actually *decide* which one to play next... :smallsmile:

(Although games like Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 will be purchased and played regardless of where I happen to be in the list!).

KillianHawkeye
2012-06-28, 07:42 PM
Yeah, sadly I have only played about 40% of the games in my collection. But I mostly blame that on the fact that I copied so many old Playstation games. Of course, nowadays I'll buy a game and I won't get a chance to play it until 3 months later, and that's not helping one bit.