PDA

View Full Version : Half-Dragon Backstory

White_Drake
2012-06-26, 03:22 PM
Hello again, I'm making a Dark Half-Shadow Dragon Incarnate Warforged Scout (try saying that three times fast) with the following backstory: He was originally a non-sentient construct made to serve as a scout and personal slave by a powerful shadow dragon (hence the draconic and dark characteristics). After an indeterminate period of time the dragon decided to use a ritual to make him incarnate, to improve his ability to act independently and further his usefulness. Not long after this happened, the scout went on the run with a small bag of stolen treasure, which he later used to purchase basic adventuring equipment. What I'm not sure of is what a convincing reason would be to have him abandon his creator. Here are some of my ideas, but anything else would be greatly appreciated.

-Greed (wanted his master's treasure for himself so he stole a pouch and ran)

-Freedom (he's chaotic evil, and resented being forced to do another's bidding)

Really, that's about it, I'm pretty stumped on ideas.

only1doug
2012-06-26, 03:50 PM
the Current Iron Chef competition is due to end on saturday, it features Dragon Disciple so everyone who is planning on entering are probably keeping their half dragon stories at the moment, but it will be full of them when they are posted.

Scarlet-Devil
2012-06-26, 06:13 PM
You could add another aspect to the story: he betrayed his dragon master in some way, maybe inadvertently, and fled to escape his wrath. Since he was already in deep apples, stealing a little treasure didn't make any difference, and he needed the gold for traveling expenses, etc.

Sudain
2012-06-26, 06:53 PM
Hello again, I'm making a Dark Half-Shadow Dragon Incarnate Warforged Scout (try saying that three times fast) with the following backstory: He was originally a non-sentient construct made to serve as a scout and personal slave by a powerful shadow dragon (hence the draconic and dark characteristics). After an indeterminate period of time the dragon decided to use a ritual to make him incarnate, to improve his ability to act independently and further his usefulness. Not long after this happened, the scout went on the run with a small bag of stolen treasure, which he later used to purchase basic adventuring equipment. What I'm not sure of is what a convincing reason would be to have him abandon his creator. Here are some of my ideas, but anything else would be greatly appreciated.

-Greed (wanted his master's treasure for himself so he stole a pouch and ran)

-Freedom (he's chaotic evil, and resented being forced to do another's bidding)

Really, that's about it, I'm pretty stumped on ideas.

A short circut. Not everything is created perfectly. Or possibly Sabotage.