PDA

View Full Version : My computer is having issues displaying OotS

NakedCelt
2012-06-27, 03:51 AM
For reasons I don't understand, today OotS panels are coming up all jumbled, with chunks apparently broken off the right side and shoved in on the left. I have not yet seen today's OotS (#857) un-jumbled. I presume the main problem is in my computer, but thus far OotS seems to be the only site affected, and I was hoping someone knew how to help?

KillianHawkeye
2012-06-27, 04:42 AM
Everything is normal for me.

Did you try clearing your browser cache, closing and reopening your browser, or restarting your computer? What browser and operating system are you using? Do you have a backup web browser that you can check the site with? Is it just the comic page, or the whole site that's jumbled up?

NerfTW
2012-06-27, 01:21 PM
Can you take a screenshot? Are you viewing this on a computer or a mobile device? This sounds like some kind of optimizing thing going on.

We really can't help unless you give way, way more information.

NakedCelt
2012-06-27, 08:35 PM
Well, it seems to have come right again today, just as mysteriously, so I guess all I can do is cross my fingers it stays that way.

Snowbody
2012-06-28, 09:52 AM
When I'd looked into this issue in the past, it seemed to me that this situation occurs when the server crosses the threshold from "enough power to serve the webpage" to "too busy and generating error messages" while your PC is in the middle of downloading the first webpage of the day. The result is that the parts the page that download first get downloaded correctly, and the other parts don't. If your browser for some reason decides to hang on to the incorrect parts, the error will persist until the incorrect parts expire from your browser's cache (or are manually cleared) and good copies get re-downloaded.