PDA

View Full Version : Victorian-era Cthulhu repellent

pendell
2012-06-27, 02:25 PM
Also known as Octopodiform deterrent. (http://www.etsy.com/listing/67177203/steampunk-advertisement-18-x-24-inch-art). I want some!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Ravens_cry
2012-06-27, 04:12 PM
*mops brow*
Goodness! You can see the ladies, and I use the word under advisement, ankles!
Still, when a respectable young woman of worth and means encounters a pseudo-cephalopodian menace with presumptuous intent, I suppose one must adapt to circumstances.

Brother Oni
2012-06-28, 04:31 AM
Ankles? Ankles?! Good lord man, you can see her calves!

I highly disapprove of the scandalous filth and you Mr Pendell, you sir, should be ashamed of yourself for exposing people to this depraved corrupting smut!

Good day sir, GOOD DAY!

PS Could one enquire whereas to *cough* purview more of this material? Purely for research purposes you understand...

Elemental
2012-06-28, 04:45 AM
Good heavens Mr. Pendell!
How could you put this up knowing that it may fall into the hands of children and those with more delicate faculties?
Have you no sense of ethics?

Still, not as terrible as some of the things one finds on the Internet... I saw a picture of a man with neither hat nor tie!

((The Victorian Era is so easily made fun of.))

Ravens_cry
2012-06-28, 05:31 AM
Was he, by some mere chance, a plumber?
Such villeins are well known for such untoward dress.

polity4life
2012-06-28, 06:46 AM

I highly disapprove of the scandalous filth and you Mr Pendell, you sir, should be ashamed of yourself for exposing people to this depraved corrupting smut!

Good day sir, GOOD DAY!

PS Could one enquire whereas to *cough* purview more of this material? Purely for research purposes you understand...

Kindly and morally sound gentleman, please treat this post as a surrogate "Like" button.

Pendell, where do you find this stuff? I don't say that as a complaint, mind you. These are fantastic and you are honestly my personal fark.com these days.

pendell
2012-06-28, 08:56 AM
Good heavens Mr. Pendell!
How could you put this up knowing that it may fall into the hands of children and those with more delicate faculties?
Have you no sense of ethics?

Still, not as terrible as some of the things one finds on the Internet... I saw a picture of a man with neither hat nor tie!

Alas, it is the nature of the world we live in that one must occasionally speak of such things. "Obscenity", I am told, is "that which is private spoken of in public". And while it is truly regrettable that the young ladies in the advertisement should be put into such a state as to reveal their ankles, I would remind you that being (I apologize to those of tender ears and disposition) ruthlessly assaulted by an otherworldly monstrosity is not an inherently genteel activity. If anything, it is those of a sensitive and genteel nature who are most in need of this fine repellent, for it will allow them to deal with such troubles as they occur in as decorous and discreet a fashion as possible. Yes, it is shameful even to speak of the things the disobedient do in secret, but it is far more shameful to be subject to them and not have a protective to hand.

Pendell, where do you find this stuff? I don't say that as a complaint, mind you. These are fantastic and you are honestly my personal fark.com these days.

Going to and fro about the earth, and walking up and down in it :). Also, I have an ... interesting ... collection of facebook friends.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Mordokai
2012-06-29, 01:26 AM
Hear that? That is a cry of thousand tentacled demons around the multiverse and various planes of existance, because they won't be able to have their ways with big eyed and big boobed japanese schoolgirls in miniskirts anymore.

This could easily be the end of hentai as we know it!

GolemsVoice
2012-06-29, 11:42 AM
Good sir! I can only chuckle at the creature's surprise when it, thinking it had seen enough of the dreadful woodcuts of the Orientals to know the direction of this encounter, get's defeated by a feisty amazon and her wonderful marvel of modern science!

To all of you, good sirs, who are shocked at the lady's rather untoward situation, I say that it is entirely unbecoming of a lady to fall defenseless to such an indecency! Is not a lady's honor and purity the most sacred thing?

Eldan
2012-06-29, 12:41 PM
Hear hear!

And should not, at least, the purveyor of the product in question refrain from circulating an advertisment with such an illustration? Indeed, more shocking even than the situation itself is that this picture is used by a so called gentleman to peddle his wares!

Asta Kask
2012-06-29, 03:27 PM

They may be from one of the lower classes dressed up for the purpose. Ladies from the lower classes are ours to use as we see fit.

grimbold
2012-06-29, 07:38 PM
is this another of those horrible sea monsters i keep hearing about?
even the great zombie slayers like Mrs and Mr Darcy can not keep them under control