PDA

View Full Version : Tactical Master (feat, PEACH)

ericgrau
2012-06-27, 03:58 PM
Tactical Master
Prerequisites: Any two of the following: Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Trip, Whirlwind Attack* (see "Special"), Spring Attack, Improved Grapple, Mounted Archery, Shot on the Run, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Sunder.

Benefit: Gain the benefit of two more feats from the above list. You need not meet their feat prerequisites, but you still must meet other prerequisites.

Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you select two more feats from the list. A fighter may select Tactical Master as a bonus feat. A monk may select Tactical Master in place of any of his bonus feats; he must still meet the prerequisites of Tactical Master. Whirlwind Attack requires 3 other feats from the list instead of 2, or a previous Tactical Master feat.

--------

Metagame
The concept here is that no matter how many options you have, you can only do one at a time. This is meant as a simple way to give martial combatants lots of fun options without a power boost. It does this by simply reducing the power you normally lose by spreading yourself too thin.

As more feats from more books become available, the DM should add more tactical feats to this list. I expect it to easily grow tenfold in many gaming groups. Usually (but not always) these should involve its own standard, attack or move actions so that the player must still budget his actions in spite of having many more options than normal. So ranged disarm is in, leap attack is out.

DracoDei
2012-06-30, 08:56 PM
Looks like a good idea.

ericgrau
2012-07-03, 07:22 AM
Thanks, I began to wonder if this would just fall into oblivion as too dull. It is a bit simple, but I hope useful. And is the name awkward? Maybe "Tactical Combatant"?

DracoDei
2012-07-03, 12:03 PM
I like the current name slightly better, but I am not really feeling any problems with either of them.

And "Boring but Practical" has its place.

I can't really comment on it. I don't even feel fully confident making an AoO master.