PDA

View Full Version : How to get intimidate as a class skill

NikitaDarkstar
2012-06-27, 04:03 PM
I'm hoping you guys can help me here. I'm building a Favored Soul at level 12 and I want to keep as many Favored Soul levels as possible. The thing is this is a Neutral Evil Favored Soul of Hextor and I want to get Intimidate as a class skill. I've already asked my DM about switching Diplomacy for Intimidate and I got a resounding no.

The books I have access to (as in, I'm allowed to use) is PBH 1&2, DMG 1&2, The Complete Series, The monster manual and the magic item compendium. Libris Mortis, Savage Species and Draconomicron are case by case basis so I'd like to avoid them if at all possible.

PS: Also if you suggest a level dip keep in mind that my character is melee focused and to sacrifice a level I would like to get something more out of it than just a skill.

Vladislav
2012-06-27, 04:09 PM
Martial Study (ToB) for any Devoted Spirit maneuver gives you Intimidate as class skill.

NikitaDarkstar
2012-06-27, 04:15 PM
Yhea, except ToB is banned. Anything I haven't listed is banned. Even Unearthed Arcana is off limits and the DM is NOT flexible on this. (I can't even geet most Complete Divine PrC's because I'm stuck with Knowledge (Arcana).)

Namfuak
2012-06-27, 04:53 PM
Ordained Champion has intimidate as a class skill. If your DM is that inflexible I doubt he'll let you adapt any of its class features to work with yours though.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-27, 04:59 PM
Here ya go (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6832.0):

Apprentice (soldier) - DMG II (also know: local)
Martial Study (devoted sprit) – tome of battle
Dread Tyranny [initiate] – Races of destiny (cleric only)

For a Favored Soul of Hextor, see if your DM will let you take Dread Tyranny despite not having any Cleric levels. Hopefully you'll also get those six spells it lists as spells known rather than as learnable spells.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-06-27, 05:07 PM
Yhea, except ToB is banned. Anything I haven't listed is banned. Even Unearthed Arcana is off limits and the DM is NOT flexible on this. (I can't even geet most Complete Divine PrC's because I'm stuck with Knowledge (Arcana).)

Here's something that might be of interest to you, then -

Knowledge Specialty (Ex): At 1st level, a favored soul can choose whether to make Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (religion) a class skill. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed.

Part of the Dead Levels series (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x) that WotC published. MIGHT be enough to get you that much vaunted Knowledge (Religion).

I believe that there's an Apprentice feat from the DMG2 that grants Intimidate as a class skill (AFB, so not sure which one).

Edit: Damn! Swordsage'd!

NikitaDarkstar
2012-06-27, 05:32 PM
Here's something that might be of interest to you, then -

Knowledge Specialty (Ex): At 1st level, a favored soul can choose whether to make Knowledge (arcana) or Knowledge (religion) a class skill. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed.

Part of the Dead Levels series (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cwc/20070227x) that WotC published. MIGHT be enough to get you that much vaunted Knowledge (Religion).

I believe that there's an Apprentice feat from the DMG2 that grants Intimidate as a class skill (AFB, so not sure which one).

Edit: Damn! Swordsage'd!

Yhea I saw that, but I'll go with Ordained Champion. While it has a lot of stuff I don't need it does do a couple of other things I originally wanted for my character, which includes Channel Spell, and three levels in it only costs me one caster level total so it's an acceptable trade.

Thanks for the help guys, I knew you'd come through, you always do! :)

Ballista
2012-06-27, 05:35 PM
Take a one level dip in Barbarian?
nets you

+1 BAB
Rage
Intimadate as class skill
Fast Movement

Seems pretty good for a melee build, losing a caster level is always depressing and I think a bloodthirsty Warrior who enjoys crushing the will and bodies of those weaker than him would be fitting as worshiper of Hextor...

EDIT: Well if those web enhancements don't work for you...