PDA

View Full Version : Street urchin with anger problems.

Cpain
2012-06-28, 02:13 AM
My sister will be using Pathfinder to run a game pretty soon, and I don't really have much of a clue when it comes to making characters. I have broad ideas, but don't know how to pick feats or anything to make those ideas reality. I'm pretty new to these kind of games to begin with, and I'd really like some help with my character.

My idea is basically an unarmed barbarian. I want a guy who runs up to enemies and plants a fist all up in their face or face-like object. Also, grapple? I've looked at some archetypes to maybe help, such as http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/brutal-pugilist but I was hoping maybe I could get some advice on how to go further?

I'm trying to avoid some of the savage/natural kind of things, because my character is going to be a city boy. More of a street urchin with severe anger problems, if you can imagine that. So, if anyone can help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Slipperychicken
2012-06-28, 10:44 AM
Here is a PF Barbarian Handbook (http://www.enworld.org/forum/pathfinder-rpg-discussion/312912-barbarian-handbook.html).

Remember that grappling won't work so well on creatures bigger than you, and that several spells can negate it (Freedom of Movement, Dimension door, Benign Transposition).

Whatever you decide to do, take Come and Get Me as a Rage Power at 12th level, as well as Combat Reflexes, and have a good Dex mod. It really puts you ahead in terms of damage. Now you can put your fist (or Greatsword) in peoples faces whenever they try to hit you.

If you somehow are immune to fatigue, all the "once per rage" powers (like Knockdown) can basically become "once per round, and whenever you feel like blowing a Rage round on it", since you would be able to leave the rage and start another one right before you wanted to use a once-per-rage power. When you feel like being more conservative with your Rage rounds, just end the rage immediately before your turn begins, and start it on the beginning of your turn, refreshing the once-per-rage power. Bear in mind that your HP will still be adjusted down when you leave the Rage, and back up when you enter it, so be sure not to KO yourself by doing this. That would be embarrassing.