PDA

View Full Version : Vecna's Chosen OOC [3.5 Undead Gestalt]

NotScaryBats
2012-06-28, 05:02 PM
Hello and welcome, everyone.
Let's get ourselves on the same page and whatnot, and I will draw up the IC opening post.

First off, I am Psiclone57, and I will be your DM. It is really nice to have so many interested people in the game, and I'm excited to start.

I'd like it if we could cover some expectations:

1:) Are you interested in horror? I consider undead creature's of horror, with terrible decisions before them, and a strong connection to the Negative an intrinsic part of them. People have boundaries and the game is for you as much as it is for me, so please warn me if I'm offending you or making you uncomfortable.

2:) Set is the leader of the mission. You do not have to be bound to him like The Lich, but you are working with him. Please establish your relationship to him. The Heroes were raised to serve him, but as per Vecna's mysterious agenda, they are not magically bound to him. I don't want to gimp anyone or make you dance to another person's whims; your character is your character, but there should be a reason why you are serving Set.

3:) Do you desire redemption? I felt hints of this in a couple of backgrounds, so I want to ask. We can lay the groundwork of this throughout the campaign if you'd like.

4:) I love prose. I pretend to be a writer, working on a manuscript when I have the inclination, and PbPRP is a big creative outlet for me. I will sometimes be wordy and I like descriptive language. Please include as much description as you feel is appropriate.

ACCEPTED APPLICATIONS
{table=head]PLAYER|CHARACTER|CONCEPT|
SCARY WIZARD|Thianne (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=415219\)|Wight-coholic*HERO*
Pazzo|Lean Oberon (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=37258)|Lich Necromancer Connoisseur
CowMasterTrojan|Set (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=415465)|Set, Dread Necromancer Paladin of Vecna
Eiko|Adrian Vander (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=416171)|Vampiric Thug*HERO*
Soliloquy|Ban Gread (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=415925)|Mummy Swordmage "Bandage Fighter" *HERO*
Darkbuu_1|Elros Helyanwe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=416222)|Ghostly Dirgesinger[/table]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-28, 05:38 PM
1) Horror is a hard theme to do, but I always enjoy it. I am eager to see what we can make of this, and don't think I have any qualms about content.

2) I will be playing set. So Set is bound to himself. :smallwink:

3) I wrote Set's background so that he was a fallen hero. Now he's attacking everything that he once cared about. This may weigh heavily on Set's slightly mad mind, but the path he is currently on will not have redemption for him. That being said, because he is a fallen hero, there is a possibility of redemption but it weighs on the story completely. Darth vader is a very good parallel in my mind.

4) I shall try.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-06-28, 06:00 PM
I'd like it if we could cover some expectations:

1:) Are you interested in horror? I consider undead creature's of horror, with terrible decisions before them, and a strong connection to the Negative an intrinsic part of them. People have boundaries and the game is for you as much as it is for me, so please warn me if I'm offending you or making you uncomfortable.

2:) Set is the leader of the mission. You do not have to be bound to him like The Lich, but you are working with him. Please establish your relationship to him. The Heroes were raised to serve him, but as per Vecna's mysterious agenda, they are not magically bound to him. I don't want to gimp anyone or make you dance to another person's whims; your character is your character, but there should be a reason why you are serving Set.

3:) Do you desire redemption? I felt hints of this in a couple of backgrounds, so I want to ask. We can lay the groundwork of this throughout the campaign if you'd like.

4:) I love prose. I pretend to be a writer, working on a manuscript when I have the inclination, and PbPRP is a big creative outlet for me. I will sometimes be wordy and I like descriptive language. Please include as much description as you feel is appropriate.

Thank you for responding to my request! Such a nice Boss Lady DM. Now.

Horror: Sure. After all, most of us are undead, and being undead, our brains have been discolored and/or fortified enough that things that would have terrified us in life don't have any effect on us now.
Set: Set can make Thianne's own goals very easy for her to accomplish. Once those "blasted Pelorite dawn-rabbits" come into the picture, Thianne will have all the more reason to work with him...after all, more help means more of a chance of robbing as many living people of the peace of death as possible, and having the opportunity to blot out some of his priesthood with shadows.
Redemption: In life, Thianne was true neutral, but she could use some pretty under-handed means in order to get the job done. What relatives she has left are unknown or crazy druid-terrorists, so there isn't any "What will my family think of me now?!" going through her head. Now all she wants to do is rob as many of the living of the peace of death as she can.
Prose: Aw yeah. I had a lot of fun with Thianne in the last game she was in, which was a WarCraft RPG game that took place around and in Stratholme, and what made me choose her over the other character was just how much fun I had. Don't get me wrong, the unstable vampire spawn is a very fun character to play, but Thianne is just a delight, and adding "foams at the living" to "drinks to cope", as well as her own little quirks, was too fun to pass up.

Soliloquy
2012-06-28, 06:15 PM

1:smallsmile: I've never been much of a fan of horror, but Ban Gread loves it, and I think that it will be more interesting from his point of view.

2:smallsmile: Ban Gread wants to have revenge on, of all things, the hypocrisy of the living. Set gave him a chance to achieve that, and he is quite grateful.

3:smallsmile: Ban wishes not for redemption, as he feels that he has not done anything truly wrong.

4:smallsmile: I am sure that your descriptions will be interesting, as well as useful for understanding our setting.

Pazzo
2012-06-28, 08:39 PM
1. I took a class from Heroes of Horror, bring it on~ :smallamused:

2. I had some ideas for the specifics of the contract, rebirth, and binding. (WIP)
The Contract
The Parties Involved in Contract:
Party A (Vecna and all Associates)
Party B (The Librarian and all future and former forms and/or lives)
Party C (Asmodeus and all Associates on this Case)
Party D (See Item:A)

It is by the signing of this document, all parties present agree to the following.

Party B is to relinquish ownership of one 'Black Buckler'(See Item:B) to party A. In return, Party A will not knowingly take any future actions against the offspring or descendants(See Item:C) of Party B. This included the immediate release of one 'Brandy Wine, Sir' into a safe environment.

The commission on the contract is of possession of souls. For each soul slain, captured, or reaped by The Librarian in the future, 1/4 (25%. or 1 out of 4) will go to Party A or a representative, 1/4 will go to Party C as a payment, 1/4th will go to Party B (See Item:D) and 1/4 will go to Party D.

Two (2) contract holders (See Item:E) will be dispatched to Party A and Party B to ensure the contract is upheld, and review it's terms in times of unclearness.

Contract drafted and witnessed by, Narreth Tarvu, 56th Wing

Signed
---------
--------
--------
Items
Item A
Unknown Party.
Though some currently unknown means, Party B is not directly links to the Negative Energy plane like most undead. While the link is still there, it appears to go further, to a yet undetermined location. Party B's soul is also unusually in that it reacts to death much like a True Outsider. Upon death it instantly travels across the planes to the Outer Planes, through the Negative Energy Plane. The exact destination seems to vary depending on death, but usually (85%) of the time, it is one of the lower planes. Given current standings in the Blood War, data is mostly unavailable, but Yugoloth involvement is suspected.
To spite this, Resurrection via the Phylactery(See Item:B) functions as normal, though it is unknown how other times of revive might fair. Or what would happen if his soul stayed where it goes for an extended period of time.

Item B
The Black Buckler

Item is a Magic Adamantine Buckler, 11 inches in diameter with a skull relief on the surface, and silver spikes around the perimeter, coated with black acid resistant paint. Contained within the body of the shield, within a pocket of dampening sand, is an Onyx Heart, filled with runic carvings that serves as Party B's Phylactery, as part of his Transformation into a Lich.
Item C
Offspring and Descendants, Definition in this Contract.

The following are given protection from the actions of Vecna and his Associates. This includes injury, capture, torture, enslavement, enchantment, destruction, alteration, or any other acts deems hostile. In the event one of these actions is done unknowingly or accidentally, an attempt to rectify any effects must be made. If it cannot be rectify, a fine shall be paid, either in souls, items, creatures, or any sutiable replacement. This shall be handled by the Contract Holders.(See Item:E)

Offspring are defined as:
a. One born from sexual reproduction. (Mostly Moot)
b. One born, animated, created, or reborn via magic or abilities. (Excluding Clones)
c. One adopted in a parental relationship. (Must be confirmed by Contract Holder)
d. One bonded to as a partner and mate. (Limited to 2)

These protections are also extended to the offspring of those above, per the same rules.

These protections are only valid in SENTIENT creatures, Non-sentient or mindless creatures have no such protection.

Of note are the following, referred to by Party B as "His Children"

Brandy Wine, Sir
Male Elven Necroplitian, Illusionist.

Sara 'Scarlet' Nurema, Miss
Female Elven Vampire, Hexblade

Hungrig, Commander
Male Elven Ghoul, Cleric

Item D
Soul Storage

The Placement of Soul that would be granted to Party B.

In the event that Party B is not fully aware of this contract, or is unable to claim, use, or store said souls or soul fragments, Party A is allowed to put said items into storage, overseen by their contract holders. They may borrow from this resource, but must keep at least 60% of the inventory at hand.

Should this contract break, Party A has two weeks (14 Days) to give Party B the full value of this collection.

Item E
Contract Holders

To oversee the current status of this contract, and settle any future arguments, too Contract Holders are to be dispatched and assigned to Party A and Party B.

Currently, these contract holds are Imps from Asmodeus's 68th Wing. Tarvo Kess, for Party A, and Ventis Mori for Party B. (Note: Ventis Mori is currently Posing as the Familiar of Party B, it is vitally important that this ruse be mantained if at all possible)

3. Lean desires Power, in all it's many forms. He is find with following Set's mission, but if that becomes "Stand Guard over this tomb for a century" don't expect Lean to stick around willingly. Lean's drive at the moment is towards creating a system of renewable power and resources for himself, and allies. He doesn't have the memories of his old "Crops" but is beginning to have the first thoughts that lead him there last time.

4. If let loose, I will end up writing PAGES of description and backstories, you are amoung friends.

Oh god, why did I start thing of who the bear was before he got killed, how he got killed, what the battle looked like, where was his family, what shape onyx did lean use, maybe I should wrap him in clothe to make him look more alien on god I need help someone stop me.

Eiko
2012-06-29, 07:52 AM
1) I adore horror of all varieties, from visceral to psychological to suspense. I'm game for whatever level you want to throw at us, if any.

2) Adrian resents the man, Vecna is the thing that killed me and Set is a direct servant. In the past Adrian had been a willing soldier to the dread lich but this had been due to the enjoyment he got from putting his skills to use and the lack of morals in how they were applied. When he learned of Vecna's intentions for him her betrayed the lich. Now with far more concrete binds in place, namely his new condition leaving him no-where else to go he largely goes along with Set's schemes to keep existing. Waiting to find a better reason.

3) If he could be cured of vampirism he has no idea whether he would or not. He loves the power he gets, and his time spent alone and trapped have warped his mind more than a little; but he misses being a mortal. He misses having to eat or drink, to truely sleep or see the sun. He wonders if he should care more than he does and this too is part of his condition. Ultimately he would like to discover if their was a choice to be made, but does not know what choice he would make if faced with it.

4) Lets make lovely stories together :smallsmile:

darkbuu_1
2012-06-29, 08:07 AM
1) I'm good with horror you wont have to hold back on my account.

2) Without Set Elros would do nothing but wallow in his own pity. This comes as a double sided sword, deep down he his glad of something to do something to distract him from from his pain, someone giving his a reason to live. But then in the other side, on the surface and all the way down to his core all he wants to do is mope and regret those things he has done in his life that can never be changed.

3) Elros craves nothing more that pass over to the otherwise and for eturnal rest, but he considers his sin to great to ever be redeemed.

4) I'm not the greatest writer but I like to believe I at least have some good ideas.

Two quick things, firstly thank you psiclone57 for choosing me for this, and secondly, sorry if I'm a bit slow due to time zones.

NotScaryBats
2012-06-29, 07:19 PM
"Hey where did our DM go?"

"Sorry again -- I am moving this weekend -- I thought I would get the IC taken care of before hand then we could skate through the weekend and start in earnest on Monday, but that thing happened yesterday and I got called in today, so I have half a post :(

Tl:dr stick with me a couple of days, and we'll get this going ASAP <3"

NotScaryBats
2012-06-30, 05:55 PM
IC is finally posted (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13480396#post13480396)

I'm usually not so wishy-washy, but it has been a tough weekend.

Please introduce your characters, with a description (don't assume everyone else has looked at your character sheet)

The Silver Bell of Summoning can be rung to summon a ghost servant of the Herald, and the shield is the phylactery of Lean.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-06-30, 10:27 PM
What does the shield look like? When were these items given to set?

Pazzo
2012-06-30, 11:17 PM
What does the shield look like? When were these items given to set?

Assuming it what I think it is, it is an Adamantine (Coated in Silver?) Buckler, 11 inches in diameter with a skull relief on the surface, and silver spikes around the perimeter. There may be a few flecks and streaks of black paint in the seems, and pits, most likely between the teeth and eyes of the skull relief.

Soliloquy
2012-07-01, 07:25 AM
Just picking a nit, but pelor should be Pelor.

Pazzo
2012-07-01, 04:03 PM
Sorry if Lean is coming across a bit blunt, but this is Lean revert to his "I am Vecna's weapon of war" mentality. When Set does something impressive, he should 'warm' up to him somewhat. Same goes for the others, to a lesser extent.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-07-02, 01:34 AM
Thianne is just being a grumpy wight. No matter how much she drinks, the pain never goes away. The emotional pain of UNDEATH.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-02, 01:44 AM
I think everyone here knows what they signed up for. We're all grumpy undead. Normal party niceties may be something we have to skip. We'll learn to like each other after we kill some Pelorites. Until then, let's just keep that in mind.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-07-02, 03:58 AM
I think everyone here knows what they signed up for. We're all grumpy undead. Normal party niceties may be something we have to skip. We'll learn to like each other after we kill some Pelorites. Until then, let's just keep that in mind.

I'm all cool with that, one of my first characters was an abusive Cleric. And then after him, I played a supportive Cleric! ...and then after her, I played a fighter/sorceress who managed to outlive everybody else in the Tomb of Horrors because she stayed on the periphery.

Eiko
2012-07-02, 08:26 PM
When we say ghoulish do we mean ghouls or living children? Both deserve very different reactions :smallsmile:

NotScaryBats
2012-07-02, 09:34 PM
Auto correct fail, perhaps.
I meant ghouls. The children are the undead remains of orphan refugees.They band together in rough mobs to search for food, and out of a barely remembered need to be a part of a group. Their intelligence is known to be low, but they can be wily creatures, like feral raccoons.

Soliloquy
2012-07-02, 09:55 PM
Heh. Those wily rapscallions, killing and eating people. :smallsigh:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-04, 02:45 AM
I feel like I'm leading the party by the nose here. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can not do that, I am open ears.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-04, 03:39 AM
Yes, others can put in their two cents, or anything else whenever they feel like it :)

Soliloquy
2012-07-04, 07:33 AM
Well, you're Set, I was under the impression you were in charge.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-04, 02:55 PM
If you feel like piping up, you are certainly free to -- just because he is the leader doesn't mean you guys are just his slaves (unless you want to be).

The interaction over the child-ghouls was cool, for example.

We are still on the first page, so we have time to iron out exactly what everyone wants<3

Pazzo
2012-07-04, 09:53 PM
Oh gods, a Library, glad I came back just in time to avoid him going in there, heh.

Sorry about the MIAness, Family stuff, blarg :smallsigh:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-04, 11:39 PM
wait, why don't you want us to go into a library? Aren't you a librarian? Shouldn't you encourage us to go here?

Pazzo
2012-07-05, 06:40 AM
He WAS the Librarian. After the Contract he was bound and reborn back into a younger form, Lean. The Librarian was the one who betrayed Vecna, while Lean served him well. The little argument was his current brainwashed self trying to figure out why he can't go in, much less even say the word Library. The shadow fragment of his past trying to get him in, while the fiendish contract he signed tries to keep him out. The Shadow and The Imp are mostly representations of his mind and his binding, respectively.

And why you are trying to keep a person from remembering his past as a dreaded figure known simply as "The Librarian" any large collections of books could be worrisome.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-09, 07:50 PM
Knowledge check to know more about the War of Apotheosis.

Knowledge (arcana) [roll0]
Lore [roll1]

Edit: ugh, I swear these online rollers hate me

NotScaryBats
2012-07-09, 09:43 PM
General Knowledge about the War of Apotheosis:
A "World War" fought between most all of the kingdoms of the world
Ended with Vecna's Apotheosis 100 years ago
Lasted about 200 years

Yes, it is on my "to do" list to sketch out a map -- part of my posting delay in the last few days was because I wanted to wait until I had one to give you.

Unfortunately, I have neither Paint nor Photoshop on this computer, and will likely have to take a Sharpie to paper and photograph it. lol

Its on my to do list...

SCARY WIZARD
2012-07-09, 09:49 PM
I was going to roll Knowledge (The Planes), but the dice roller is having a stroke or something, and making me have one, too.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-09, 10:06 PM
I use roll /roll to do it, not dice.
here, lemme roll for you... [roll0]

lol, sorry :( still nothing

Pazzo
2012-07-09, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately, I have neither Paint nor Photoshop on this computer, and will likely have to take a Sharpie to paper and photograph it. lol

Its on my to do list...

GIMP is pretty good, and free~

http://www.gimp.org/

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-09, 10:26 PM
So which path can we take a wagon?

NotScaryBats
2012-07-09, 10:40 PM
You can take a wagon on any path, but you will suffer the requisite risks: fighting off things on #1, and treacherous mountain roads in #3.
But they are all roads fit for a wagon.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-09, 10:55 PM
Interesting thought... just take the wagons off when need be on the mountains and make the minions get out and carry it. Still seems like a bad idea though.

Anyone have a preference to option one and option two?

Pazzo
2012-07-09, 11:08 PM
Given what we are, I vote path #1.

Killing stuff on the way is a GOOD thing.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-10, 12:19 AM
MAP is rough, but I think it gets the point across.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/VECNASCHOSENMAP1.jpg

The dots are mountain ranges.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-10, 01:54 AM
It might not be pretty psiclone, but it's a good map.

So I'm glad you drew this. Basically, regardless of the path we take, we have to pass through Dawne, correct? Where are the current forces of Vecna stationed? Or do I not know that information?

NotScaryBats
2012-07-10, 02:07 AM
Due to the nature of your mission, You don't know precisely where units are stationed, but to maintain the current stalemate, there is a contingent in Sorrow, to be sure. There are other fronts, both on this plane and on others, though. Units may or may not be in the field -- you aren't privy to that.

Soliloquy
2012-07-11, 07:14 AM
I vote path two. I want to see "Sorrow".

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-11, 10:56 AM
I actually submitted an alternate plan IC, I was hoping for some feedback from someone....
But either way, we should probably avoid Sorrow if Vecna's forces may be hanging out there...

SCARY WIZARD
2012-07-13, 11:22 PM
Derrrrrrp, sorry, Set! ...please don't hurt me like Wrath-Amon would hurt Dregs.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-13, 11:24 PM
lol, it's alright. I am constantly looking at the OOC page to remember what everyone is. Except Lean. But that doesn't do us a lot of good since he's waiting outside.:smalltongue:

NotScaryBats
2012-07-16, 04:39 AM
Okay, I'm back -- getting show on road.

darkbuu_1
2012-07-19, 05:56 AM
I'll just do a quick bardic knowledge check for inspiration before we give up and go home.

[roll0]

Edit: Any supposedly safe or easy to follow paths in the area or any stories one way or another of other adventure being stuck in a blizzard?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-21, 02:50 PM
1) Did we lose you Eiko?

2) It seems no one's really arguing with Set. So I guess feel free to skip us over the storm Psiclone.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-21, 05:05 PM
Okay, sounds like a plan.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-24, 07:55 PM
The dragon is, of course, speaking in Draconic. I enjoy representing foreign languages in real languages, so forgive the Spanish.

Pazzo
2012-07-24, 08:44 PM
I alas assumed Dragonic would be Latin, and Elvin French, heh.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-24, 09:51 PM
Ah I do not speak Latin at all, but can kinda fake the espańol. It sounds exotic and scholarly enough for Draconic in my opinion :)

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-27, 07:12 PM
And a kudos to our ghost for luring the Wyvrn back to us. Please tell me someone speaks draconic....

Psiclone
You said it is man sized. Is that to indicate that it is technically smaller than the horses?

NotScaryBats
2012-07-27, 07:21 PM
It is size M, so yes, smaller than the horses. It has a tail and wingspan, though, so it can appear larger.

It, and Elros, are on the Ethereal Plane.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-27, 08:21 PM
I assume you materialize, and ask the dragon to as well?

darkbuu_1
2012-07-28, 02:25 AM
Oh yes I do that too. Thanks.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-07, 05:57 AM
For the record, Thianne reeks of cheap booze and shadows. She didn't get a chance to be buried.

Soliloquy
2012-08-07, 01:23 PM
I am rather well preserved, so probably not much of a smell.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-07, 11:02 PM
Roughly what time of night is it? Would it be before, after, or during the midnight hour?

Also, good to know we didn't lose you Soliloquy. I thought you had quit.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-07, 11:17 PM
Let's say it is late evening or about seven pm

NotScaryBats
2012-08-09, 02:41 AM
Is Lean's plan acceptable to you all?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 02:45 AM
yep, Set's fine with sitting this one out even though he doesn't need to.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-13, 12:30 AM
I'm sorry we occasionally have delays, guys. I will work on that. It generally happens when I'm unsure if anyone has anything to say, and am waiting for party input.

I will try to adapt a more progressive stance, with a 'if you wanted to do something, let me know and we'll retcon it' to keep the game flowing more than lurching.

While I'm all for lurching (this being an undead campaign afterall) I feel we'd be better suited with more action, less nothing happening.

The game is starting very slowly, but it should pick up here.

Again, sorry about the delays, and I hope I didn't lose any of you guys!

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-13, 10:56 AM
Would there be anywhere decent for Thianne to hide, so she can start dumping shadows from a hiding place on the wyverns once they swoop down?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-13, 11:02 AM
Inside the wagon seems like the best bet. Unless you want to tie yourself underneath a horse. And that seems like a bad place to be...

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-18, 07:16 PM
Heya, just a heads up, I'm going to some dog charity, so I might post as late as tomorrow morning.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-18, 10:15 PM
Okay, thanks for letting me know.

darkbuu_1
2012-08-19, 03:14 PM
Sorry for disappearing for so long but I'm here now and I'll try and stay on top of my posting.

Soliloquy
2012-08-19, 04:19 PM
Um, I am not sure where one of my feats came from, or why I would take it...

I think I figured it out now. I forgot to add my human feat and skills, but added two feats from the mummy, (actually from levels).

Never mind, got the extra feat from Swordsage. The skills are just me being wrong. Everything is good

Pazzo
2012-08-21, 08:18 PM
Rolling F7's HP, lemme know who wants what animated.

F7:HP
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-22, 02:08 AM
when we animate these suckers, will we be applying the zombie template or the zombie template made specifically for dragons from draconomicon?

NotScaryBats
2012-08-22, 02:19 AM
The Zombie Dragon template seems to be specifically for True Dragons (and DW Kobolds obv) because it asks for "at least Adult age" and has a whole section on Breath Weapons.

So, just the normal Zombie Template will work fine. We have 5 Wyverns with 7 HD a piece, and one with 10 HD.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-22, 09:10 PM
Wellp, whatever can heft Thianne, I'm game!

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-22, 09:15 PM
Yep, your medium sized fat arse was totally a concern of ours. lol.

So quick, yet soon to be relevant, question. Who has ranks in ride other than Set?

Also, how long would it take to make a crude alter to Vecna?

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-22, 10:18 PM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/321/bestflying.png

Well, to be honest, this is how Thianne would really get around. She just didn't want to make the other undead feel uncool.

As for me, I have no ranks and a +4 modifier due to Dexterity. :x

NotScaryBats
2012-08-22, 11:36 PM
THAT'S why you wanted leadership!?
;)

A crude altar could be made quickly, but as a Lawful Paladin of Vecna, you may or may not be compelled to go an extra mile -- its up to you. A quick one for desecration could be fashioned, or a more permanent one.

What are you making it out of? The cavern? The wagon?

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-22, 11:53 PM
If you were to rifle through Thianne's belongings, you might be able to find some things to improvise with...and she can generate ink out of shadows, if you need ink for drawing glyphs or what-have-yous.
Then again, gods don't generally like improv unless they're gods of comedy. Or MacGyver. Not sure how thrilled Vecna would be.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 01:15 AM
I was thinking of using parts from the wagon. It's going to be left here anyway, might as well make it useful. It might not be as beautiful as Vecna demands, but the ends justify the means.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 12:01 PM
In our discussion about how much zombies suck, Pazzo and I came to a disagreement on what happens when a shadow kills something. His thoughts are that a shadow is created from the creature's soul, and the body remains to still be animated. My thoughts are that the body melts into Shadow. I don't really see anything in the shadow entry that makes either one of us wrong, so I was just curious on your opinion Psiclone.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-23, 12:35 PM
"Any humanoid reduced to Strength 0 by a shadow becomes a shadow under the control of its killer within 1d4 rounds."

So, it becomes a shadow by some suitably dramatic conversion. I don't think the body is still there, with just the soul taken out or whatever, because the shadow does strength damage -- it damages the physical form, not the soul. Once the physical form is broken down (0 str), the metamorphosis can happen.

In this case, of course, the wyvern is not a humanoid, and so gets to pass on to the Dragon Afterlife.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-23, 12:55 PM
I was thinking of using parts from the wagon. It's going to be left here anyway, might as well make it useful. It might not be as beautiful as Vecna demands, but the ends justify the means.

Very true, and beautiful things can come of shrines that were put together like that!
Now, this wyvern is helpless... DEX appears to have gone down to 0. I'm going to make this attack assuming a coup de grāce can be made.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 01:03 PM
Yep, you can slowly drain the life from it if you want. This little wyvern isn't moving again.:smallbiggrin:

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-23, 01:04 PM
As you were typing that, I was typing this exposition from Thianne! But yes. I will make it pass away.

Sorry, I always wanted to say that.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 03:58 PM
Just so you know, the save to resist the negative level doesn't happen for 24 hours. The negative level is automatically applied. So you can just hit this thing seven times and call yourself nicely fed.

Edit: Random thought of the day. "Oh no, its a white wight dragon!" :smallbiggrin:

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-23, 04:33 PM
Just so you know, the save to resist the negative level doesn't happen for 24 hours. The negative level is automatically applied. So you can just hit this thing seven times and call yourself nicely fed.

Edit: Random thought of the day. "Oh no, its a white wight dragon!" :smallbiggrin:

derp, stuck in another rulebook, thanks for the reminder! Coupity-grace it is, after this "venting frustration whack".

And good grayshus me, that dragon would be as dumb as other white dragons, and crankier than other white dragons!

Pazzo
2012-08-23, 05:03 PM
Drat, guess we will have to murder more people to get stocked up.

And I knew that the shadows spawn only works on humaniod, which is why thematically, the shadow just 'ate' a bit of the drake.

Speaking of spawn creation that only works on humanoids, might want to give the Wight's entry another read. :smallfrown:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 05:05 PM
i was actually completely aware about the wight thing. That's why i didn't suggest it in our PM's. It was more or less a roleplaying thing. Plus I wanted to feed the wight at the petting zoo.:smallwink:

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-23, 05:31 PM
I was aware of that, too, but I certainly appreciate the meal! Let Thianne find out on her own.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-08-24, 07:28 PM
Wyvern-sicles, now with a side of generic wine and/or ale!

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-12, 10:50 PM
So tactics talking time for us.

Assuming we can get a large amount of people clustered together in one spot because of the commotion we're creating, we need to do one of two things. 1) Freeze / paralyze them so they can wait to be turned into a undead spawn. 2) A area of effect attack that does less than 14 damage. I'm guessing most farmers will be level 1 commoners. Again, that just puts them on the undead waiting list.

From the dread necro list: Summon undead 4 can summon an Allip, which does #1 nicely. Summon swarm (bats) does the job pretty good too, with a 10 ft square that does 1d6 damage to everyone there and makes them bleed. But it's duration is concentration+2.

Any body have thoughts to add on the attack?

Pazzo
2012-09-12, 11:28 PM
Just a reminder,

With a touch, Lean can permanently paralyze the living. :smalltongue:

Also, you cannot cast summon spells to summon creature above the ground, unless they can fly. Get ready for a very 'interesting' solution.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-12, 11:34 PM
You don't happen to have UMD as a trained skill, do you?

Pazzo
2012-09-12, 11:58 PM
His UMD check is +10, more a remnant of his past/future life than any reflection of his current mindset.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-13, 12:30 AM
I enjoy the way you two interact, I just wanted to mention. Do you know each other prior to this game?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-13, 12:59 AM
Do you mean IC or OOC?

And no. never played with Pazzo before. But i certainly do enjoy how Set and Lean interact as well.

@Pazzo. The point is currently moot, but since you do have UMD perhaps when we siege Sol Leon I will hand you a magic item.

Pazzo
2012-09-28, 06:52 PM
I think we should start considering interviewing for some new party members to replace those we lost. NPCs are all find and good, but players add much more flavor. Plus with the current place in the game, it would be relatively simple to add and subtract characters.

Set: "Okay -Missing Player's Characters- You stay with the horde and fight off the forces on the way. You -New Player's Character freshly animated- come with us, and we will teach you the path of unlife!"

Just a thought~

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 06:56 PM
That doesn't leave a lot of options though. Wight, shadow, bleakborn, and intellegent zombie/skeleton. Although we could always say the vampire was in the coffin...

Pazzo
2012-09-28, 07:13 PM
Well, that plus some more 'fluffy' options.

Shadow (Templated, Maybe a ritual preformed while being drained)

Vampire Spawn (Before ours goes NPC Mode)

Necropolitan (Set went though it, and Lean was created though a similar ritual all those centuries ago. If the Gm is willing, a ritual could be performed. It would take time, but Lean is already collecting possible materials. Set is a Cleric of Vecna after all, and Lean is the 'child' of Charon, master of all souls and death. Between the two of them, who knows what is possible?)

And of course, Ghosts, because ghosts.

Or the Ex-player's character go crazy, we fight them, and sensing their fall, the Temple sends replacements our way. :smalltongue:

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 07:44 PM
Do you three want more PCs? I am fine as is, but could recruit more if you would like that.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 08:28 PM
I am basically indifferent as to more players. Honestly I kinda thought we lost a few of the bad ones and was thankful.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-09-28, 08:30 PM
I'm all for it.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 08:35 PM
I want you to all know... you're riding into Sol Leon in the coffin. So don't add more than you can fit. :smallwink:

SCARY WIZARD
2012-09-28, 08:39 PM
We may be able to fit one of us in Thianne's coat, it's a bag of holding type I! We don't really need to breathe.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 08:47 PM
too bad we can't fit the coffin in there. The Thrianne might be able to just walk us right on inside.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 09:23 PM
"One does not simply walk into Sol Leon -- if they're undead, that is. I mean, yeah, if you're a human Pelorite refugee from the farming communities, maybe you can get right in, but the TSA tends to discriminate against the Living Impaired and always insists they check all Coffins and Weapons of Mass Desecration at the door before boarding."

SCARY WIZARD
2012-09-28, 11:09 PM
Well, see, the idea is one of us hides in Thianne's coat - likely Thianne, ain't nobody gonna get her wine and ale but her, and she's convinced she can invent booze that can affect undead with shadowstuff - and then we just sort of bunch it up next to the coffin, which has all the other undead in it.
Thianne's coat is the result of me going "I don't think carrying a bag around looks cool, let's see if I can't channel the Highlander for this character!". The first game I played her in had her sheathing a short sword in it, sort of like, I don't know, the Highlander.

Pazzo
2012-09-28, 11:40 PM
"Weapons of Mass Desecration"

That is just Racism! Roleism? I don't know ...

Anyways, I have no idea what you are talking about, I am but a simple adapt bring my local priest here for healing. He looks dead but if you listen closing you can hear him breathing. Please show me the way to your healing chambers!

What, someone said they saw a dragon holding a skeleton flying up above the clouds? What nonsense, now which way to your healers?

NotScaryBats
2012-09-28, 11:51 PM
How do you weigh in on new PCs, Pazzo? So far Set is against it and Thianne is for it, I think.

Pazzo
2012-09-29, 01:16 AM
For it, I did bring it up afterall, heh.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-10-08, 05:18 PM
Haaay, guys?

NotScaryBats
2012-10-08, 06:03 PM
I don't think I've told you, but you look exactly like a cat I used to know. even that look on your face. is your name irl Loki?

I am still here, recovering from the forum hiatus. it is more difficult than I thought to get back in the swing of things, but I am working on it.

Sorry for the delay <3

SCARY WIZARD
2012-10-08, 06:13 PM
That cat actually looks like a stray cat my mother's friend adopted, named Lucky. It even has the grumpy face Lucky'd get when you weren't paying attention to him! I miss Lucky. D:

EDIT: Lucky did not like hugs. At all.

Pazzo
2012-10-08, 06:40 PM
Glad to hear we are not dead!

Glad to hear we are STILL Dead Undead.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-10-11, 10:50 PM
I'll get a post out tomorrow, sorry about the delay.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 11:10 PM
You better. Those innocent townsfolk aren't going to eat themselves... ;-)

SCARY WIZARD
2012-10-12, 11:39 PM
And then SCARY WIZARD performed his worst act since attacking that Cucco.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-10-19, 02:40 PM
If you want to store things, you could always negotiate with Thianne for some space in her coat. She could also probably carry something really small and undead in there. Just, all of a sudden, she yanks an undead goblin out two out of her side-pockets...that sort of thing.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-19, 03:26 PM
perhaps a good place to hide the familiars... but i don't have any small sized undead. The minion coffin should work fine though.

Pazzo
2012-10-19, 09:08 PM
Just so this doesn't come out of left field, Lean is planning on using the Father for information on Sol Leon. And since making him a meat puppet would be such a waste, he is planning on preforming the Ritual of Crucimigration on him to convert him to 'our side.'

After all, he is still the Librarian deep down, and he does have a thing for his 'beloved children'.

So, anyone else good with Spellcraft, Heal Checks, and Knowledge Arcana / Religion willing to assist in a bit of dark magic?

NotScaryBats
2012-10-25, 11:46 AM
Most fancy people will be buried at Sol Leon. Let's see if you are lucky: High is lucky. [roll0]

As for the Necropolitan, be aware that the ritual takes 24 hours of uninterrupted (zombie) chanting. At the end of it, the rite master must kill the target with cursed nails. It costs 3000 gp to petition for consideration, so assuming 80% of that is fees and the like, I'd say the nails and crucifix are about 600 gp.

Pazzo
2012-10-25, 07:14 PM
Ouch, my luck hurts.

I think the Zombies are just there as a cheap way to maintain the chanting for the ritual, I see no reason other living or un-living speakers could replace them.

As for the nails and crucifix, I was thinking of going to basics and working my way up. I have iron nails, and I have bestow curse. So channel the curse though the nails as they are hammer in might work.

A no headache heavy fluff way of filling in the gaps was using the Black Buckler as part of the ritual. Drawing from it's power would drain Lean (Str and Dex damage, maybe 2d4 each?) as part of his physical form is burned as fuel for the ritually, and takes time to regenerate. This idea's version's would require a Alter to a Death God (Vecna), A ring of water surrounding the Crucifix, representing the river Styx, and mixed in the water, blood of the living, blood of the death, and blood of the soul. (Father, Lean, and Ventis) A mound of grave dirt, topped with crushed onyx enough to have animated him as a zombie.

Would still take 24 hours, but during that time we could booby trap the town and send a few raids to nearby settlement to make the attack seem much bigger than it is, to draw a bigger response. By the time the real forces arrive, we are in the air with a corrupted priest that likely has been instead Sol Leon personally, and at the least could provide a good distraction while we sneak in.

Or I am just over thinking this and we should try and beat answer out of him and be on our way. This just seem so much more fun, stylish, and could play out very interestingly.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-25, 07:56 PM
It is very stylish. But we just don't have the time to do it. Within 24 hours the templars will arrive, and that would be a huge interruption.

How do you plan to beat answers out of him? He's paralyzed permanently...

SCARY WIZARD
2012-10-25, 08:48 PM
We may be able to do it elsewhere. It'd just be a matter of transporting the fella.

Pazzo
2012-10-25, 09:18 PM
I can carry several tons of weight, hell if needed we could carry the material to make a small house if needed :P

But yeah, maybe it should wait till we get to the city. We should find a place in there to hide out and form a crude HQ, to scout, gain intel, and supplies before we try and get in Sol Leon itself.

If we split the undead into two groups, one heading north, and the other south, it should take the templars 3 times as long to get them all. Plus trapping this town to hell as well.

If anyone has any illusion spells, oh the fun we could have with traps.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-17, 12:11 AM
An elegant solution, Set. I'm impressed.

Pazzo's last activity was apparently two weeks ago, so I dont know if he will be coming back to us, or not.

You are welcome back any time, you beautiful son of a lich.

We can continue now, just the two of you. Are you still interested in pressing on? The people of Mourne haven't had to put up much resistance to whittle down your elite team :)

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-17, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I thought that was a good solution to get things moving again.

With a fly speed of 90 ft, how fast roughly can we get to Sol Leon?

NotScaryBats
2012-11-17, 12:45 AM
It is about two AM now. You reckon about a six hour flight.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-17, 12:53 AM
I thought we started the attack on this village just after sunset? Rampant murder didn't take us that long did it?

NotScaryBats
2012-11-17, 01:40 AM
I had thought we decided on midnight... let me check.

Okay, it was dusk when you started, so it took about 2.5 hours. You could likely get to Sol Leon before morning services, which start at 4AM

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-17, 01:59 AM
A couple different things are going on where time matters. For starters, the runners we sent. If we can ride there in 6 hours at a speed of 90, so that means those kids can probably run there in 9 hours if they keep up a average speed of a jog.

They were sent out before the massacre happened so very early in the attack. Assuming sunset is around 7am, that that means the message would get there about 4am. Hopefully templars would be sent immediately.

And sunrise usually happens around 6am. I imagine that's when most priests of pelor pray for their spells, so it seems like a good time to hit. (while their attention is else where).

So yes, my tactical plan goes like this.

11pm-Leave for Sol Lean
4am- Message arrives, Templars dispatched
5am- Arrive in area, take 30-60 minutes to make a plan, and then begin attack.

Each cleric must choose a time at which he must spend 1 hour each day in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain his daily allotment of spells. So the perfect time for attack would be dawn. Who would think dawn is a good time to attack the sun god followers?:smallbiggrin:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-18, 11:27 PM
So I cornered Pazzo on Skype, and he admitted he had quit the forums/game. So thankfully we managed to work around that.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-19, 12:38 AM
O.O did... did he say why? If you guys are just moving out flying with Nightmare, let me know, I was waiting for your spell to hide with. If there isn't one, let me know.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-19, 12:56 AM
[10:20:14 PM] Pazzo JInn: Yeah, the long delays kinda made checking the forums as a choir, more than a pleasure. I took a week long vacation and when I got back, never really got back into checking it, sorry

This is basically what he said for reasoning.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-19, 01:16 AM
... (-.-) ...
Yes, I am apologetic for the delays, because I am not so great as a DM as far as pushing PbP on is concerned. So, I am trying to be better at that...

I have occasionally found checking the forums to be a choir, but rarely. It usually passes for me, especially because I am in so many games.

Are... you guys wanting to end the game? I wouldn't be offended, because I know it is slower than it would be cool to be, and the action has been slow so far... Its up to you two, though <3

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-19, 01:47 AM
Pbp is slow. I understand and accept that concept. And for reasons I can't explain, I really am excited to get to Sol Lean and start murdering.

I can't say I've ever looked at a game that I was a player and thought of it as a chore. But everyone is different.

As for quality of Dm, I've not seen you do anything or make any ruling that I find questionable. Your style and description is certainly better than mine. So I wouldn't be putting yourself down as a DM. Running pbp just takes some getting used to. Sometimes you just have to push the game forward even though it seems like everyone still might do something but hasn't. It's a learned habit.:smallwink:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-19, 03:32 AM
Having reviewed Thrainne's character sheet, i have concluded that she does not have any way to keep the nightmare shrouded or teleport us to the city. However Set prays for his spells at midnight, so he will just have to memorize two darkness spells. Each casting lasts 70 minutes, so that would conceal us for the more imperative portion of the trip.

I have sadly revised my attack strategy. It occurs to me that around 5am it may start to get light outside as dawn approaches, making a flying anything much more noticeable. So we will have to set out immediately and cross into the city, laying low for a bit.

Set will cast spiritual chariot, which makes a spiritual chariot that attaches to his mount. He gets into the chariot with the coffin, while Thrianne rides the nightmare. When we get within 2 hours journey, we will use darkness on the nightmare. Set will then use the quasit to keep them from going off course.

When they arrive in the city, they will hide in the cemetery until dawn approaches.

Sound good?

SCARY WIZARD
2012-11-20, 04:31 PM
haaaaay, I'll get a post out when I get back from work, around 10:00 Central.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-20, 04:47 PM
That's fine :)
Please be sure to include what you wanna do. The polearm fighter is threatening you from 1 sq diagonally from you
.F.
T..
S..

Ie that, where .=square of empty, F=fighter, T=Thianne, and S=Set.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-20, 09:03 PM
1|2|3|4|5
2| | |F| |
3| |T| | |
4| |S| | |
5| | | | |

Making a knowledge religion check to see if I can figure out if these guys are deathless or undead.
Knowledge (religion) [roll0]

NotScaryBats
2012-11-20, 09:31 PM
Your knowledge of undead is extensive, and this looks somehow different than any undead you have ever seen. It is certainly not a ghost, but seems similar.

Deathless are not a thing, as far as you are aware, but yes, these are Deathless.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-22, 01:36 AM
Due to the holiday, it may be a day or two for the first round of combat write up -- Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-22, 02:10 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-25, 10:29 AM
Is it safe to assume that since our enemies are using spells from the book of exalted deeds, that we set can use spells from the book of vile darkness?

NotScaryBats
2012-11-25, 01:36 PM
Book of Exalted Deeds is my second favorite book (next to Libris Mortis) :)
As I understand it (haven't read it, tho) Book of Vile Darkness's Taint system gets broken when you have undead PCs.

What spell(s) are you looking to use?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-25, 06:36 PM
Taint actually is from Hero's of horror, but you are correct about it's relation with undead. They basically get three free feats and no downside from the taint system.

There are things I like about book of exalted deeds, sanctified spells among them. But power wise BoEd is signifcantly more powerful than BoVd. As for what I want from the book, nothing right now. But it does have corrupt spells which, although weaker, are quite comparable to sanctified spells. When I memorize spells to be used against things that actually have to make fort saves, it would be nice.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-25, 08:26 PM
oh okay then. With the "What!? Your spell does what!?" caveat, yeah you can grab stuff from other sources - bovd among them.

NotScaryBats
2012-11-25, 08:32 PM
oh okay then. With the "What!? Your spell does what!?" caveat, yeah you can grab stuff from other sources - bovd among them.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-28, 12:27 AM
Knowledge (Religion) Roll for anything Set may know about the prophecy of Kas.
[roll0]

Edit: ouch. That's what I get for not taking 10.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-05, 04:12 PM
A few questions before we proceed

1) What time of day is it?
2) Is it clear if the guards can see us or not?
3)Is the cemetery visible from the air?

NotScaryBats
2012-12-08, 03:03 AM
omg, took me so long to get a moment to churn this out, sorry for the delay!!
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/genkiloli/SolLeon.png

I dunno why I really felt the need, but I did, and now it's done :/

1:) It is early morning, at 3:40 AM. you made good time. The city is nowhere near bustling.
2:) you are in darkness, right? They could notice if you passed over and covered the moon, but will likely not notice more darkness amidst the darkness. If it gets light out, you will likely be noticed. you have about half an hour to act with good chances of not being noticed.
3:) You know the main catacombs to be beneath the Sol Leon, the cathedral. The entire city is holy ground, and there are small plots in the residential districts. Funeral homes exist in the commercial district. The small plots are jumbles of grave markers like this (http://www.prague.net/gallery/jewish-cemetery/)

SCARY WIZARD
2012-12-08, 05:56 PM
Hmm, have we gotten the chance to refresh our spells? It might be worthwhile for Thianne and another wight or two to sneak/shadow walk into the residental district and waste a couple of households at around this time...sort of get a nice flow of wights going into the area. Of course, getting out could possibly be very problematic.

NotScaryBats
2012-12-08, 08:34 PM
Set's refreshed his spells at midnight, aboard the chariot. I see no reason why you could not as well, unless there's something unusual about your class's refreshing mechanics?

SCARY WIZARD
2012-12-13, 03:01 PM
Dimension door, around which step into shadow is based, allows one additional creature per three caster levels to be taken alongside the caster...I'd like to take two wights with Thianne, and leave the rest with Set. I'd also like to sneak into the largest and nearest concentration of sleeping or otherwise indisposed guards or other strong bodies and do away with them, aided by wights. Rinse and repeat, and thank every god in a million pantheons I went with wights!
As far as finding a decent amount of idle guards or other toughs goes, and step into shadow aside, would I be able to get to such a concentration and then back within those twenty minutes? Step into shadow is one-way.

These wights I promise not to set on fire. :3

NotScaryBats
2012-12-13, 04:22 PM
You can certainly take a couple of wights with you through your spell. I'll make an IC post.

SCARY WIZARD
2012-12-13, 04:38 PM
Ooh, nice, thank you. Gives me something to work with. Less playing with the food this time, though.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-13, 05:28 PM
Thianne leaps at the weakest-looking of the duo and attacks them, commanding her wights to attack the strongest-looking.

Attack (Slam): [roll0]
Damage (Slam): [roll1] [roll2] (Cold)

No witty one-liner. ;___;

"May I escort you... TO HELL!!!!"

Meanwhile, Set teaches quietus how to play spades. Where did he get a deck of cards that are flame resistant?

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-01, 02:36 PM
Hay guise?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-01, 08:01 PM
haylo invisible words

NotScaryBats
2013-01-01, 08:35 PM
urp!?
Um, right. I had better move things along.
f(-.-;;)

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-05, 03:17 PM
So um uh well um uh possible courses of action!

I) Booze and necklace of fireballs.
II) Skedaddle and hide with the other wights and leave She-Mook and Newbie to fend for themselves.
III) Listen to the Imp.
IV) AoE-tantrum.

What one would make Set ground Thianne for the least amount of time?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-05, 05:41 PM
As amusing as this would be to let you dig yourself deeper, I don't want this to spiral out of control.

Right now they don't know anything. They understand there is some kind of distress, but they don't know what it is or where it is. Lighting the area up with fireballs in the dark is about the worst thing you could do right now.

My personal advice is set the guard wights loose with instructions to spawn like crazy. Get your ass back to Set. You should be fine

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-10, 08:46 PM
"A sound plan. It's a little harder to manipulate shadows than it is to cast a spell, but...let's see what can't be done."

Doesn't she have to rest at least fifteen minutes? Toggling between Labyrinth Lord, 2nd Edition, and v3.5 rules is never good!

I am not a expert on shadow caster, so I have no idea. However the ride into town was 8ish hours long. That's enough for a undead creature to be considered rested, isn't it?

Edit: Yup, it appears you need to meditate for 15 minutes. Up to psiclone whether you could have done it on the ride over.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-11, 12:38 AM
Didn't we say you meditated while Set prayed on the ride over? I thought we already said that.

But no, I have no problem retconning that if we never addressed it.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-11, 01:25 PM
I was just checking the DM's interpretation. Some I've had just sort of - shwoop! - gloss over that part.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-12, 07:10 AM
So our primary targets, the rex, do not live within the temple but within the city. Is that correct?

Because that would have been important to know before attacking the temple.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-12, 01:20 PM
Their private houses are not in the temple, but they work in the Senate. You don't know where their individual homes are, though.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-13, 11:11 PM
Um, NotScaryBats? How do you change your user name?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-14, 05:33 AM
Like, a million years ago (August) I posted in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108349&page=15) I didn't think they'd ever change it, but I really prefer this name to the other one that Shall Not be Mentioned.

Like, apparently its a brand of electronics or something, so millions of people have it as a name, even with the 57! Can you believe it?

NotScaryBats
2013-01-18, 10:45 PM
Wow you guys better watch out. I have Hot Dice tonight!
3, 7, 7, 7, 5, 11, 5

Yikes.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-19, 01:51 AM
Then I shall hope they roll that way when you attack set.

Those that come within 5 ft of set must make a will save DC 20 or become shaken. Which likely is irrelevant since both he and the guards have reach weapons. Those within 10 ft of him have a -2 to their saves from his aura of despair.

Speaking of which, if these guards are clerics I'm boned. 6 clerics that take multiple hits to drop can front line me with three of them while the other three stand behind them healing when needed. It's a unbreakable wall... I guess we'll find out as soon as Thrianne goes.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-19, 02:28 AM
Agh, didn't even think to somehow get some wights to go with you... :/

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-19, 02:35 AM
I'll manage or run away. We'll see.

Meanwhile... I don't think those guards are next to Thrianne. Was that a charge attack?

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-19, 05:37 AM
Aaand. No more posting with my head facing south for me! I thought "Gary Bleakborn" was familiar-sounding!

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-19, 10:34 PM
Quick question for you bats.

Is the four wights that are on the map all that are left of Thrianne's wights? Or is there still more in the coffin? If there are more still in the coffin, and Thrianne commanded them to all come out, all of them will eventually be ejected.

In addition, it doesn't look like she would have released Gary based on her words. Which sucks for me, because I could use his help.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-20, 01:16 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were four wights left. The coffin can apparently release any number of guys a round, so I just pulled everything out.

How do you want to target the fireball? Hit Set or no?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-20, 02:12 AM
It's cool, I just thought there were more wights in there. We needed to go invading houses on the way here. Let them fight off children wights. How demoralizing would that be? I've got a shadow in the coffin too, but as close as it is to sunset he might not willingly come out.

As for the fireball, if you can kill more by hitting Set then do it. His saves are good, and quietus has improved evasion. We won't even notice it.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-20, 02:16 AM
Wasn't the shadow ransacking the town with Lean and his shadow? I may have imagined that.

You can hit all the Templar by Set and not hit him with a 20' burst fireball. Is that the size of your fireballs?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-20, 02:42 AM
Yeah, the pearls she's using are identical to fireballs except in damage. So 20 ft radius.

Set did indeed set him loose on the town. Did he not come back? I assumed he did. If not, he would have taken one of the big skeletons. He saved three slots in the coffin for himself. It was Elros, Gary, and the shadow.

NotScaryBats
2013-01-20, 03:23 AM
Oh, okay. I just looked at the description, and it seems technically its supposed to be corporeal undead, but that is fine because I didn't say no at the time.

Did'ja want your shadow to come out now or are you saving it?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-20, 04:44 AM
well sadly because Set isn't commanding him, he can just hide inside it if the Sun is almost up. If not, sure. But if it is, he wouldn't. So I guess that depends on how much light there is right now.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-21, 11:41 PM
Welp! That's neat. So, hurling the bead at the Templars near Set, it is. And then, I've got a great tactic in mind for the next round! It involves shadows.

seriously what is wrong with our router :|

NotScaryBats
2013-01-24, 01:44 AM
Fun Fact!
iI was just working on our ic post when my son puked all over me! I'm currently watching movies with him drowning in my lap, and dunno if I'll be able to get the thing done tonight :(

iI need my comp to do the map and stuff, and am on the phone atm

sorry guys

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-24, 02:05 AM
It's all good. Kids come first. Besides, we're still here after a long haul. We're not going anywhere.:smallwink:

SCARY WIZARD
2013-01-24, 10:43 PM
More than alright, hope the little fellow's alright! I was milling around downtown Seattle with my sister and a big guy from the Appalachians, so I don't have any problems.

EDIT: I hate puking.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-29, 05:35 PM
Didn't know if it's apparent, but it's Thianne's turn.

NotScaryBats
2013-02-03, 02:45 AM
I know you're busy SCARY WIZARD, so no big deal, but it is your turn when you are ready <3

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-11, 03:32 AM
your turn bats

SCARY WIZARD
2013-02-13, 09:23 PM
Gettin' mah poast out, just a heads up.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-17, 04:55 AM
I have one 4th level spell left on my arcane side, offensively I'm basically spent on my divine side. How are you holding up Scary Wizard?

I'm thinking of bringing Thrianne to a higher level balcony, where she can reign firey death down upon our enemies in the congress.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-02-19, 12:11 AM
I...totally overlooked Set's healing. Thianne will be fine just lingering around Set for a few minutes, I can imagine.

This is where things get fun. I've got plans for those remaining mysteries! Lashing the firebaubles to a bottle of wine and just hurling them at something wooden, using as many asinine rooting mysteries as is half-elvenly possible, and so on. Even some metashadow!

NotScaryBats
2013-03-13, 08:06 PM
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you guys for the game so far -- and especially for sticking with it! This is the second PbP game I've DMed, and I've been pretty irregular in my posting, mostly because I'm not following any premade adventures and didn't have a specific "PCs do this, then this" worked out (I tried to leave things open so you could attack whatever way you chose, and that bogged things down as I had to readjust and write up stuff as you encountered it)

Anyway, we are winding down now, and I think I will end things after your experiences here. I had originally planned for some -- other stuff I guess we'll say -- to come after this, but I think I'm gonna can that so we can end on a solid, defined note rather than eventually melt into obscurity which has almost happened two or three times by now.

This game has taught me a lot about PbP, DMing, and even 3.5 D&D in general, and I have had a lot of fun with it. We're not quite done yet, but the end as I see it is coming soon

<3 NotScaryBats

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-13, 08:15 PM
Well that's a bit of a bummer. Hopefully it doesn't just end with "cleric swarm you and everyone dies.":smallwink:

If Set does survive, and you one day would like to run another game with us, I would love to pick up a game with that one girl that Set spared as she tries to find the person responsible for killing her family.

NotScaryBats
2013-03-13, 08:18 PM
Haha, yeah that would be sweet, although I kinda see her going dark side and 'anything goes in my hunt for justice'

Return to Wightocalypse would be another good one -- your group just defeated a terrible lich in a farming community, and return to find Sol Leon plundered and aflame!

I do enjoy this setting, and I have a huge crush on Vecna for some unfathomable reason.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-13, 08:25 PM
Yeah, that would be a awesome one shot too.

Vecna is pretty awesome. I mean... mortal wizard, becomes a lich, raises an army of undead, and eventually ascends to godhood. God of magic and secrets. What's not to like in a evil god?

NotScaryBats
2013-03-13, 08:34 PM
Yeah, definitely. Also a big fan of undead, so that cements him as favorite god just barely above Pelor (my version of Pelor at least).

SCARY WIZARD
2013-03-15, 02:08 PM
Thank you for running this, NotScaryBats! :D:D You've been a delightful DM.

Thianne would...probably find some sort of way to train other wights in mystery use, best case scenario (or worst case scenario...?). And then maybe develop alcohol that affects undead in her spare time.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-02, 08:52 PM
Just for clarification, did you mean the game was ending right now? Or after this final battle?

NotScaryBats
2013-04-02, 11:04 PM
My plan was to have the last final encounter be Thianne vs some stuff up top and Set vs some stuff down below.

I'm not sure that I successfully conveyed that, and SCARY WIZARD seems to have thought I meant we are done now.

No big deal, I will begin Set's endgame now, and if you're around, SW, you can finish yours (either through game mechanics or just exposition if you are not wanting to do another encounter).

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-02, 11:29 PM
wow, the finally battle ends with us doing what we did best. Poorly working together. :smallwink:

Go team! If Set dies, maybe they won't think to ask why he has two bucklers and just store them both.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-04-04, 05:00 AM
So it looks like I totally misread the last couple of posts. I'll be getting a post out tomorrow!

...going to cry myyself to sleep and sleep off wisdom tooth teething, right now. After some Cucumber Quest.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-04, 11:39 AM
I had to google cucumber quest, because I was frightened of what it might be and what you might be referring to...

I was pleased to find it was a webcomic. One I'm guessing bats has heard of considering former avatars.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-04-04, 03:34 PM
Ya, she brought it up in another thread. That said, here goes the post...

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-05, 11:29 AM
While looking over the thread history, I discovered the Quasit does indeed have a name. Malice. Doh!.

Bit of a off topic question for you bats. When you post your pretty pretty maps, how do you make them and then post them in the forum?

SCARY WIZARD
2013-04-29, 01:44 AM
Jes' letting you all know I'm still here, after the site's tummyache this week.

NotScaryBats
2013-05-05, 07:33 PM
Sorry, you guys, but I have to go. I can't spend so much time online anymore, and need to drop my games.

We had a good run, and I'm sorry I fizzled out at the end so badly there.

<3 you guys, and I'll miss you.

SCARY WIZARD
2013-05-05, 10:33 PM
Sorry, you guys, but I have to go. I can't spend so much time online anymore, and need to drop my games.

We had a good run, and I'm sorry I fizzled out at the end so badly there.

<3 you guys, and I'll miss you.

It was great playing with you in this game and the other one, and thank you again for fulfilling my request! <3

NotScaryBats
2013-05-06, 01:01 AM
<3 I've had a good time with you, too!

I'll see you guys around :)