PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Players in Sydney

j1mw1lson
2012-06-28, 06:45 PM
Hey folks, looking to start a new chapter in gaming and want to give the new Dresden Files RPG a go. Recruiting players in the Sydney, Australia region but surrounds are welcome if they're willing to travel. Games held at most a couple times a month.

For thousands of years the Shamans of the Eora peoples have maintained the wards protecting the mortal world from the return of the Dreamtime. Now that white man has ravaged the people, much of the lore is fogotten and the wards have finally failed. Will you be one of the chosen few to stem the tides of unwordly beings from beyond the Nevernever, or will you be an emissary to the new Dreaming?

Set in the world of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files novels, DFRPG is a modern day fantasy using the FATE storytelling system. From Wizards and Werewolves to Vampires and Fairies to Goblins and Holy Knights it's got everything a good fantasy setting needs, except now you literally need a day job.

PM me or email with expressions of interest.

Serpentine
2012-06-30, 12:47 AM
Might be worth popping into the Australasia in the Playground thread in Friendly Banter.
(side-note: I don't think the aboriginals had shamans. Can't remember what they do have, though...)

Lord Tyger
2012-06-30, 10:06 PM
Might be worth popping into the Australasia in the Playground thread in Friendly Banter.
(side-note: I don't think the aboriginals had shamans. Can't remember what they do have, though...)

Specifically, shaman refers to supernatural practitioners among certain Siberian peoples. More generally, it's been used to describe anyone who is capable of influencing the health or well being of an individual or community on a spiritual level/through intercession with spirits, which is broad enough that most traditions have someone who fits the bill.