PDA

View Full Version : The City of Sand [3.5] (IC)

Synovia
2012-06-28, 10:19 PM
OOC Thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13472554

<Please don't look at other players' spoiler blocks. They include character specific information>

Khir'Saki (ReaverofFells) - Bhuka Ranger (wasteland variant)

The sandstorm is getting worse. Sand is beggining to obscure the sun, and its getting darker. The caravan is barely visible to your south.

The caravan is running out of water, and as the guide, thats your problem.

A tall man stumble out of the gloom, his hand over his eyes. You recognize him as one of the drivers.

You barely hear him yell over the sound of the wind "We're going to die here! Get us out of this storm! "

<roll spot and survival, and let me know what you plan to do>

Rhomian Ohavalari (somethingrandom) - Duskling Totemist

Its completely dark around you. You're lying on your side, your hands behind your back. You feel something hard and cold wrapped around your wrists. The floor is hard and flat, and your feel... dizzy isn't the right word, but there's something wrong with you sense of balance.

You can hear the wind, a faint rustling noise. There's faint light to your right.

<roll spot, listen, and anything related to what you want to do>

Descanous (darseid999) - Human Crusader
Matthew Carpenter (oddysen) - Human Fighter

The two of you were hired on as caravan guards. You've been traveling for weeks across the desert. It doesn't seem like you've been traveling in any particular direction. A sandstorm whips around you and the sand bites into any crevice or exposed skin it can find. You're both parched, and water is low.

One of the other guards looks at the two of you and says "damn guide is leading us into some bhuka trap. Should have hired a human guide."

He spits, and looks towards the front of the caravan. He starts fingering the hilt of his sword.

<roll spot, listen, sense motive and anything related to what you want to do>

oddysen
2012-07-02, 02:39 PM
I think the same applies to this as what our divine DM said about spoilers in the opening post.

<roll spot, listen, sense motive and anything related to what you want to do>

Spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]
sense motive [roll2]

IC

Matthew nervously check to see that his dagger and all his darts are loose in their sheath as he looks around for any potential threat. Even though the sand is still bothersome, he unhooks the clasp holding a peice of cloth secured over his mouth, wanting to be as unreastrained as possible if figthing errups, he has no doubth that for somone as inexperienced as he, even such a minor hinderanse may be fatal.

Darkseid999
2012-07-02, 06:01 PM
spot:[roll0]
Intimidate:[roll1]
Descanous coldly examines the surroundings, neither expectant nor concerned. Confident in the sword he casually caresses.

Synovia
2012-07-02, 06:43 PM
Mathew

You notice that the wind is picking up, and the sandstorm is getting worse. There's something about it that isn't right... isn't natural. Its not behaving like any storm you've been in before.

You pick up that when the guard said "bhuka" he kind of curled his lip... maybe in contempt. That maybe he just doesn't like bhuka at all. You also get that hes probably not serious about his threats to the guide.

The guard looks at the other mercenary next to you, and shakes his head.

Descanous

The guard looks at you and shakes his head. You can tell he hates the guide.

The storm is getting stronger.

RavagerofFells
2012-07-02, 07:03 PM
Khir' Saki knew he was the guide and needed to get back to the rest. He threw on his wasteland hood. Threw his bow across his chest, and laid his palm against the sandy floor

surivial[roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Water Sense + Nature[roll2]

As he secured his scimitar to his side and dagger to his chest he swiftly walked to the driver gripping his wrist and turned around heading towards the rest.

oddysen
2012-07-03, 02:58 AM
knowledge (don't know which, just want to know what matthew know about the Bhuka)[roll0]
Spot[roll1]
listen[roll2]

Matthew was growing more and more weary, the winds were picking up, and the wind felt unatural, something was just wrong about this storm. He drew his hood closer over his head, and started walking towards the back of the caravan, looking for anything out of the ordinary. If they were walking into a ambush, the ambushers were sure to try to suround them.

Darkseid999
2012-07-03, 05:05 AM
As Matthew began to walk to the rear of the caravn, Descanous begins walking toward the front of the caravan looking for the Leader of the caravan.

spot: 1d20+4

somethingrandom
2012-07-03, 06:52 AM
Ohavalari slowly tries to stand up move about to find out more about his surroundings.

Spot
[roll0]
listen
[roll1]

somethingrandom
2012-07-03, 06:55 AM
rerolling listen due to typo
[roll0]

Darkseid999
2012-07-03, 07:19 AM
As Matthew began to walk to the rear of the caravn, Descanous begins walking toward the front of the caravan looking for the Leader of the caravan.

spot: [roll0]

spot: [roll1]

Synovia
2012-07-03, 11:15 AM
Ohavalari

You stand up, and walk towards the light. You get about 5 steps before it feelds like your arms get jerked from behind with a loud "CLANK". Its clear your hands are manacled, and chained to the floor. You see a pile of straw in the corner near where the chain is attached, and a pair of mostly empty bowls near the straw. One has a tiny bit of water. The other has some slop that might be food.

It feels like the ground is moving, and you can hear the sound of sand blowing against heavy cloth, a kind of rasping noise.... you can also hear the sound of that heavy cloth blowing around, and hitting something solid.

<let me know what you want to do. Roll anything related>

Matthew

<Matthew knows that Bhuka are a short, sturdy, goblinoid people who live in the desert. They're typically more trustworthy and less violent than the goblins, and its not uncommon for Bhuka traders to make their ways into other races lands to trade.

Despite this, a lot of people have trouble seeing them as anthing other than 'Sand Goblins'. >

You walk towards the back of the caravan, passing several carts and wagons. Several of them look like small self enclosed homes. Some are large, long, and have sides of a deep crimson, heavy cloth, attached at the top and not at the bottom. The cloth rustles in the wind.

At the back of the caravan, riding on the back of the last wagon is a short human, with dark, weathered skin. He's younger than his skin looks. His clothing is loose fitting, in bright, almost garish colors.

Vandlo looks up at you, running a stone down the length of a shortsword, and asks "'elp you?"

You hear strange high pitched chittering noises off in the sandstorm. It's getting darker.

Vanlo looks out behind the caravan, into the blinding sandstorm, and shakes his head "wonderful"

Descanous

You walk forward a couple of cart lengths, passing several home-carts, and see the Bhuka guide dragging the head driver back towards the front car in the caravan. The driver looks visibly upset.

The storm seems strange to you. There have been several sandstorms over the journey, but this one just feels fundamentally different. It feels...wrong.

KhirSai

One of the guards(Descanous) comes marching out from behind the first cart

oddysen
2012-07-03, 12:23 PM
untrained knowledge(whatever fits the strange sounds)[roll0]

Matthew took in the sight of the caravan as he walked, still somewhat impressed by the diversity of it. He had tried many times to see into the desert for any sign of danger, but beside the growing storm, nothing drew his attention. As he reached the end of the caravan, he saw a strange looking man riding in the back of the last wagon. The man turned to look at Matthew as he asked if he could help Matthew with anything. Matthew answer was interrupted by some strange chittering noises coming from the desert. The strange man and Matthew both turn to look out into the storm. "Wonderful", the strange man says while shaking his head. "Yea, this storm feels unnatural, and sand everywhere and poor viability isn't making my job neither more enjoyable nor is it making it easier. And to top it all of we now have whatever made those noises to think about as well." Matthews worried expression brightened a bit, and a tiny smile was visible as he continued "Something tells me this will be a trip to remember."

RavagerofFells
2012-07-03, 12:53 PM
I feel really bad.... but going to Wisconsin for 8 days wont be abl3 to post for a four days.

As Saki then gripped Descaunses wrist and started walking towards the rest. Not talking at all.

Synovia
2012-07-03, 01:56 PM
Matthew

<you don't recognize any of the chittering noises. They don't sound like any of the desert animals you're familiar with>

Vandlo looks back at you and chuckles.

"A trip to remember? Huh. How's that for a euphemism. If I'm gonna die of thirst out here lost in the desert, I'm not sure I want to remember it"

He pauses, then sighs."i'm not real good with the maps, but I don't think we're anywhere close to the Far Reaches yet... I hope this damned Bhuka knows of some secret waterhole or something... otherwise..."

As he trails off, the cart lurches forward, and the caravan in front of you starts moving again.

you have to walk briskly to keep up.

Ohavalari

You pitch forward and fall on your face as the ground jerks. You lay there for what seems like a long time. You feel the ground jerk again, and hear the creaking of stressed wood. Its enough for you to tell that you're in some sort of large wagon or cart

Descanous

As you walk out past the front cart, the guide comes marching out of the sandstorm trailing the lead driver. He drags the man to the front cart and pushes him into the front seat and yells over the wind "Get this damn thing moving".

He walks over to you, grabs you by the wrist, and starts dragging you towards the wagons.

"We need to get this damnable caravan moving again. The storm is just getting worse, and we don't have enough water to hunker down and wait it out. There's water to the north... I can .... feel... it."

He looks back at the wagon, and back at you again, and says "Something is very wrong here. Make sure none of the drivers leave their seats."

oddysen
2012-07-03, 02:17 PM
Some relevant wis or cha skill?[roll0]

Matthew kept himself next to the strange man as he walked, "Well, if I'm able to sit back and think back to this trip, at least I got through it alive." he looked the man up and down, wondering about the strange clothes "Well, what is your story then?"

somethingrandom
2012-07-03, 02:31 PM
Ohavalari tries to slip out of the things retaining his wrists. If that does not work he then tries to force his way out of them.
Escape Artist
[roll0]
Strengh
[roll1]
edit:Could I escape the restraints by teleporting?

Synovia
2012-07-03, 03:24 PM
Ohlavari

You twist and pull against the chains, but its no use. They've got you held pretty good.

You have a moment of inspiration, and realize that you'd meldshaped a blink shirt today, and blink across the room. You hear the manacles and chain clank on the ground behind you. Your hands free.

The room is approximately 30x10. You see that the 'room' has vertical iron bars along its long sides, with a heavy curtain that might be velvet about a foot outside the bars. The velvet shakes and billows, brushing against the iron bars. The short ends of the room are wooden walls, and where the curtains end and the wall begins, there is occasionally a sliver of light.

Matthew

"M'story? Its long and tiresome and mostly about a different man. For now, I'm Vandlo Purrun, and I mostly juggle."

He flips the shortsword once quickly and catches it by the handle, without ever taking his eyes off you.

"How's a lad like you so hard up for a couple of gold that he signs on for this? Trouble with the law?"

... he pauses for a second. "No, thats not a fair question. Your story is your own, and what you include is your right"

"Whats your take on us making it through the storm?"

somethingrandom
2012-07-03, 04:32 PM
Ohlavari moves next to the sliver of light where the curtain meets the wall reaches though the bars and moves the curtain aside so he can see what is on the other side.

oddysen
2012-07-03, 04:45 PM
Matthew chuckled lightly as the man, after basically avoiding the question, asked Matthew what his story was, and what he thought their chances were of making it through the storm. "The law has had no problem with me, I am glad to say, though the law might have been in the right if it had. I just though this seemed like a memorable trip, though right now I'd wish for it to be a bit less so. It is quite clear that whether we make it through this is entirely in the hands of the guide, a lot longer in this kind of weather leaves us as dead as a arrow through the heart. I wish I could say something more inspiring, but the outcome of this trip seams about as certain as a throw of the dice."

Darkseid999
2012-07-03, 07:53 PM
Descanous nods to the guide and tries to take a count of all the drivers and their locations, making sure they are where they are supposed to be.

Darkseid999
2012-07-04, 06:26 AM
In the increasingly turbulent sandstorm it is difficlut to locate all the drivers. Descanous moves to each wagon as they move by to verify the drivers are all accounted for.

RavagerofFells
2012-07-04, 10:03 AM
Im back!

Khir Saki was now swinging from the carvan.

Saki be back!

Looking towards the group and to the rest. The guide now started to move his way to the rest

Synovia
2012-07-04, 10:25 AM
Ohlavari

Through the slit you see whipping sand. It looks like night, but its too hot. You see a man in leathered armor and his hand on his sword. You see a large cart in front of you, similar, you surmise, to the one you're in.

Its long, made of a dark wood, and has crimson curtains along the sides. There's a sign across the top of the side you can see that says "Vadoma's Traveling Curiosity Show".

Iorek

You were hired on to Vadoma's Traveling Curiosity Show as a performer. You get paid a couple of gold a week to perform "puppet" shows.... with animated rat (and other small animal) skeletons.

Vadoma is particularly fond of when you do "Shakespear with Sand Lizards" She loves the idea of Hamlet's father's ghost.. as actual undead.

You are enjoying a leisurely evening riding in your house-cart, provided generously by the Traveling Curiosity. There's a terrible sandstorm going on outside, but as far as you can tell, the drivers have everything under control.

Everyone:
The chittering stops abruptly, and then there's a ghastly, pained shriek out in the sandstorm behind you. Its loud enough that despite the whipping and shrieking of the wind, everyone hears it.

Matthew

Something comes hurtling out of the storm, hits the ground behind the caravan and rolls to a stop near your feet. Its vaguely canine in a appearance, with rough heavy scales along its back, and smooth, mottled skin, the color of sand and rust.

It has several large dinnerplate sized circular abrasions on its torso, at the center of each there is a deep puncture wound. Some of the punctures go completely through the creature's body. Its freshly dead

RavagerofFells
2012-07-04, 10:45 AM
Nature. [roll0]

As Saki pulled his bow and ready it with a arrow. Turned towards the shriek and started running.

oddysen
2012-07-04, 11:03 AM
knowledge(the beast)[roll0]
knowledge(the wounds)[roll1]
spot[roll2]
listen[roll3]
initiative(might be unnecessary for a few "rounds", but I'll let you be the judge of that, if I was mistaken to roll initiative this early, I'll roll again (no matter the resuts of this roll) when the time is rigth)[roll4]

Matthew quickly draws his dagger and gases into the storm. Without lowering his guard, he speak to the strange man "Mister, unless you know how to handle that blade, I would advice you to take cover." With his right foot, he carefully flips the dead beast over to get a better look at it.

Synovia
2012-07-04, 11:05 AM
Khir'Saki

The chittering sounds like Sand Hunters to you. They're vaguely canine, vaguely reptilian pack hunters, about the size of a small horse.

They hunt in a manner similar to wolves, but they share a singular hive-mind like consciousness, and as such, are much smarter, and much more aware of their surroundings than wolves. They're nasty, vicious, and easily capable of taking a man down by themselves, let alone in a pack. Definitely not something to be trifled with in the desert, in the dark.

As you reach the back of the caravan, one of the hired guards ( A boy named Matthew, if you remember correctly) is standing over the body of a dead Sand Hunter. Some of the large scales on its back are cracked and broken, and it has several dinnerplate sized bruises across the sand and rust colored mottled torso. In the center of each bruise, there's a huge puncture wound.

He rolls the body over just as you get there.

There's a man in brighly colored clothes, and holding a shortsword, sitting on the back of the last wagon. He's visibly upset.

Synovia
2012-07-04, 11:55 AM
Matthew

The beast isn't something you've seen before. Its about the size of a small horse, and clearly predatory. You notice that the wounds are essentially in a straight line (that runs diaganolly) around its body, and the puncture wounds are torn along one side (all the same side), facing towards the back of the animal, as if whatever had done the damage had been pulled out in that direction.

You hear the guide coming come to a stop behind you. He's huffing like hes been running. His bow is hanging in one of his hands.

Matthew and Khir'Saki

Vadlo (the man wearing brighly colored clothes) looks up at Michael, raises an eyebrow, smirks a bit, then flips the blade into his other hand, and says "Sand Hunter. Nasty things."

He hops off the back of the wagon, and kneels down to look at the body.

Omegonthesane
2012-07-04, 11:57 AM
Iorek gave a warning glance to the assorted animated animals that shared his room in the caravan, carrying with it the command to stay in place, hiding the annoyance inside that he was still so lowly as to have to rebuke such frail things to keep food in his belly.

Iorek took his bow, left his wagon, and walked in the direction of the shrieking, nocking an arrow on principle more than out of any intent, bow pointed for now to the ground, club hanging from his belt and bouncing off his leg every few steps.

Synovia
2012-07-04, 12:09 PM
Iorek

The sandstorm is nastier than you thought. Its late afternoon, but it looks like night there's so much sand in the air.

About 30 feet behind the last wagon, the guide (a Bhuka- Khir'Saki) stands with one of the guards, and Vandlo Purrun, one of the troups performers. Vandlo, is, as typical, dressed in brightly colored, garish, patchwork, loose fitting pants, and a bright red vest.

Vandlo is crouched over something that looks like a large, canid reptile. Its clearly dead, and has large circular bruises on its body, each one having a deep puncture wound in it.

Khir'saki, Matthew, Iorek

Vandlo looks up behind Khir'Saki and Matthew and say "Ah, Iorek, what do you think about this?"

oddysen
2012-07-04, 12:18 PM
Matthew greeted the guide with a not, but kept his attention to the desert. He tightened his grip on the dagger and tried to keep from shaking, with the combination of his lacking combat experience and the harsh conditions, he'd rather have stolen a horse and tried to get away from these beasts than to stand his ground, and most likely would have had he not been for his duty as a guard. "How fast are these things? If they surround the caravan before attacking, it will be very difficult to keep everyone safe."

somethingrandom
2012-07-04, 12:57 PM
How far away is the man is he on the same cart as me?

Synovia
2012-07-04, 01:30 PM
Ohavalari

The guard is walking parallel to the cart. He's probably 10 feet away, and as its darker in your cart than outside, he probably hasn't seen you peaking out. As the cart sways and rocks, you catch glimpses of other guards walking parallel to the carts in front of yours. There are atleast 6 carts you can see, and a guard on this side of each one.

RavagerofFells
2012-07-04, 02:00 PM
Without even talking Khir started to get worried the tides were on him to guide. A pack of lizards were coming the storm was rising faster. Now the sand was getting hottier.

With a motion Khir Saki whipped his bow towards the wagon.

Load up no talking.. hurry .. get to safety

Now the Bhuka was getting scared.

Synovia
2012-07-04, 02:14 PM
Everyone:

The chittering is getting louder, more frenzied, higher pitch.

Khir'Saki, Iorek, Matthew

Vandlo nods at Khir'Saki and begins jogging back towards the last wagon. He moves lightly on his feet. At the last wagon, he meets a tall, whispy black-haired woman wearing the same sort of loose fitting colorful garb. You all recognize her as Vadoma, the owner of the traveling show. She is striking.... in her own way, if a bit hard and weathered.

They converse animatedly.

Even at its slow speed, there's some distance between you and the wagon.

Descanous

You manage to get all the drivers back in their seats and doing their jobs, and ensure the caravan keeps moving.

Darkseid999
2012-07-04, 04:24 PM
Spot:1d20+4]
At the sound of the shriek Descanous draws his sword and begins to move quickly towards the rear of the caravan, looking for the source of the noises.

somethingrandom
2012-07-04, 04:29 PM
Ohlavari wanted nothing more than to escape and find who did this to him and make sure they never do anything like this again but knowing that he was no match for 6 guards at least more likely more than 12 especially unarmed. He teleports to the next cart into the best hiding spot he can see. Then looks inside the cart.

ooc:I am assuming that I have little to no equipment at this point. and that the next cart is within 20ft.

oddysen
2012-07-04, 04:34 PM
am I going to do a spot and listen check every turn? Maybe :P

Spot[roll0]
Listen[roll1]

Matthew jogs the distance to the last wagon, finished with his inspection of the beast, and continues to stay on the lookout while keeping pace. He puts his dagger back into it's sheath, but draws a dart, just in case.

Darkseid999
2012-07-04, 04:35 PM
Spot:1d20+4]
At the sound of the shriek Descanous draws his sword and begins to move quickly towards the rear of the caravan, looking for the source of the noises.

I screwed the roll when i edited my post re-roll, sorry
Spot:[roll0]

somethingrandom
2012-07-04, 04:40 PM
Forgot to roll hide
[roll0]

Omegonthesane
2012-07-05, 01:48 AM
Iorek blinks, having not seen that particular type of creature any time he can remember - but reanimation is reanimation, so he gives it a check over for signs of having been undead.

Knowledge (religion): [roll0]

Unless the results are something that would compel immediately hanging around...

Iorek jogs back to the last wagon again, bow in hand, other hand in quiver, keeping eyes out for a sign of movement in the storm.

Darkseid999
2012-07-05, 04:23 AM
Descanous arrives at the rear of the wagons, sword drawn and shield ready

Synovia
2012-07-05, 08:50 AM
Ohavalari

You teleport forward to the next cart.

It looks just like the one you left. Hard wood floor, crimson curtains down the side.

However, there's a heavy musky odor in the air, and the acrid sting of ammonia.

You hear the sound of metal sliding across wood, and then hear a loud clank and hiss behind you. As you turn around, a huge paw narrowly misses your face, and you stand facing a snarling, angry, striped cat atleast as tall as you are.

Iorek

Its definitely not undead, but you get something...maybe a musty smell, the tinge of formaldahyde, or just a bad feeling, you're not sure.

There's another shriek out in the desert, and the chittering stops again. The wind whips up hard, and you hear another shriek as a horse-sized mottled rust and sand colored body comes crashing down into one of the wagons.

Wood splinters, there's a loud creak and groan, and the wagon topples over onto its side, a complete wreck. One of the guards walking alongside is crushed underneath. The wagons behind it thud to a stop.

Iorek

you recognize the cart, with a bit of horror, as your own

RavagerofFells
2012-07-05, 08:50 AM
Shik looked at everyone they were running, Khir then darted across the sand quickly catching up. His feet were made for running in the sand. As he slung his bow against his chest and pulled his scimitar & dagger out. Now the wagon was crushing a guard

Darkseid999
2012-07-05, 09:19 AM
Descanous moves to the edge of the toppled cart and examins it for traces of what caused it to topple over.

search: 1d20+2

Darkseid999
2012-07-05, 09:25 AM
Descanous moves to the edge of the toppled cart and examins it for traces of what caused it to topple over.

search: [roll0]

search [roll1]

oddysen
2012-07-05, 09:39 AM
I am noticing it has been a while since i played this game. so not sure what skills are apropriate.

Search(for signs of life?)[roll0]
Search(for signs of life on a human?)[roll1]

if search was not the rigth skill, well, he is untrained in just about every skill, and has wis mod of 0, so the results should be the same anyway, and if it si (gods forbid) a int skill that mod is 3, (for the record str=1, con=1, dex=3, cha=0)

Matthew run over to the toppled cart, a dart in hand, he examines the body of the the beast, making sure it is dead and checking if the markings upon it match the ones on the first one. (Assuming he is reassured it is indeed dead) Matthew then turns to where the guard was crushed, in the slim hope he might still be saved. (assuming he is, once again, reassured that he is indeed dead)Matthew makes signs to the gods(like, this worlds equivilant of drawing a cross on your own chest with your finger)"may he rest in peace"Matthew then starigthens himself, and turns tot he rest of the group "Something is killing these things, and I'm not sure if I like that, or if it terrifies me."

Synovia
2012-07-05, 01:31 PM
<oddysen, I think typically its a heal check to see how hurt something is/whether its alive/etc. >

Ohalavari

There's a shreik, and a huge crash that sounds like it came from a couple of carts back. You hear people shouting in that area.

The cat lunges towards you trying to get away from the loud noise

The wagon is rolled on its side, and the side (now on top) is completly caved in. In the wreckage there's another mottled rust and sand colored Sand Hunter. It has the same sort of circular bruises with puncture holes in the middle of them. It is quite clearly dead. The damage to the body is quite extensive.

The guard is unconscious, and his lower half is under the wagon, and judging from the fact that the wagon doesn't appear to be all that far off the ground, there's probably a ton of damage.

<anyone who has Knowledge:Nature, or Survival, please roll. You can add the mods for both>

RavagerofFells
2012-07-05, 03:03 PM
Bodies were flying Khir Saki then dropped the dagger and layed his hands on the ground murming something in bhuka.

[roll0] Nature + Water
[roll1] Surivial

somethingrandom
2012-07-05, 03:16 PM
Oshavalari considers trying to free the creature but has no idea how to do so even if he thought he could without it attacking him. Curious what the shriek was he teleports back to his own cart and looks out the curtain back towards the direction of the shriek.

[roll0]

oddysen
2012-07-05, 03:20 PM
<oddysen, I think typically its a heal check to see how hurt something is/whether its alive/etc. >

I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Replace the last par of my post with this then.

IC:
Matthew, seeing that the guard is alive, begins to work at getting as much debris as possible of the guard, so he can be tended to, and as he works at that, eh says to the group in general. "Something is killing these damn desert beasts, and I'm not sure if I like that, or if it terrifies me."

strength check[roll0]

Darkseid999
2012-07-05, 08:07 PM
so where am I?

Synovia
2012-07-05, 09:36 PM
Descanous

you were checking out the wagon to see why it had flipped. It was hit by a Sand Hunter that crashed into it. Sand Hunters weight about 400 lbs.

Khir'Saki

You sense that there's water far to the north.

You don't remember Sand Hunters having any natural predators. They're top level predators.

Matthew

the cart doesn't move at all.

Ohavalari

Outside you see that the cart behind yours is on its side, and has been busted open. There's a dead animal lying on the ground. Its about the size of a small horse, but looks canine. It has a row of heavy scales along its back, and has smooth mottled rust and sand colored skin. There are several large round bruises on its side.

Darkseid999
2012-07-05, 10:21 PM
heal:[roll0]
I check the guard that got caught under the wagon.

Synovia
2012-07-05, 10:57 PM
Descanous

From what you can tell, his legs are completely crushed under the cart, and hes not going to last much longer. He's not conscious.

Darkseid999
2012-07-06, 12:06 AM
heal check to stabalize DC:15
[roll0]

Omegonthesane
2012-07-06, 03:48 AM
Iorek is carefully not heard to swear profusely under his breath to see his own wagon fall over; there's no way his zombie performers will have survived that, and lacking the power to actually reanimate some of his own under his own power, he's reduced to creepy guard duty unless there's a tomb nearby.

Seeing that someone is attending to the guard, Iorek decides the best use of his time is to help shift the remains of the wagon off them - while keeping an eye on the remains themselves, and after taking about ten seconds to quiver his arrow and holster his bow.

Synovia
2012-07-06, 10:09 AM
<Iorek, make a strength check and a search check for me>

The guard is looking paler.

Vandlo looks at Iorek and Matthew, trying to lift the wagon, and then looks at Descanous ministering over the body "Death may be a mercy for this one. Even if you get him out, and get him stabilized, the wagon ride may kill him"

He pauses for a moment, winces, and says "I don't want to be here when it finishes getting dark."

oddysen
2012-07-06, 10:53 AM
Matthew backed away from the wagon. "I think you are right, without magical healing, I don't think he has much chance of recovery. But if we decide to leave him, we should at least give him the mercy of a quick death."

RavagerofFells
2012-07-06, 10:54 AM
Khir's eyes widen and then turned around and started to talk.

Khir has bad and ... good news..... water in north... now sand hunters kill small folks like Khir!

As khir's common isnt so good.

Omegonthesane
2012-07-06, 11:14 AM
Strength [roll0]
Untrained Search [roll1]

"I take it he isn't tomb-touched," Iorek says, between grunts, "else I could do something for him."

somethingrandom
2012-07-06, 02:07 PM
ooc: Am I correct in thinking that I don't know what killed the creature or what the creature is? Can I tell how they got me in here.

Synovia
2012-07-06, 04:23 PM
Ohavalari

You don't recognize what the animal is, other than that it looks vaguely canine, and vaguely reptilian at the same time. You do not know what killed it.

You don't remember how you got here, but several of the people outside are wearing bright, garish clothing, and you remember that you're not on your home plane, and its entirely possible that your race is pretty much unheard of here.

Iorek

The cart doesn't move at all. However, while moving amongst the rubble, you do find a single complete rat skeleton that landed on some blankets. It has a tiny tophat glued to its skull.

Vandlo whispers to you "You'll either kill him quickly, or save him. Both are better"

The chittering increases pitch, and there's a thump that you feel in your feet and chest more than hear.

Darkseid999
2012-07-06, 05:08 PM
Descanous stands with a somber look on his face, takes his sword and attempts to severs the guards head.

Go in peace my friend, we may be following you shortly.

to hit:
dam:[roll]2d8+8

somethingrandom
2012-07-06, 05:08 PM
Ohavalari looks around his cart looking for a door or other opening they had to get him into the cart somehow and knowing it must be there he is determined to find it.(Taking 20 on search)

Darkseid999
2012-07-06, 05:18 PM
damage
[roll0]

Omegonthesane
2012-07-07, 06:23 AM
Iorek smiles to see one of his performers at least survived, then turns to the body of the guard just as Descarous starts swinging.

"You fool, we haven't given him his last chance!"

I'm going to assume I don't need to roll to touch attack an unmoving body that's on the ground beneath me.

Charnel Touch damage (if it does damage) [roll0]. If the guy's healed by negative energy, he'll regain 1 HP per round while I'm charnel touching him.

Synovia
2012-07-07, 12:32 PM
<iorek and descanous both roll initiative - we'll use it to decide whether iorek manages to say something before descanous has finished>

Darkseid999
2012-07-07, 01:37 PM
initiative:
[roll0]

Darkseid999
2012-07-07, 01:43 PM
Knowledge Religion
[roll0]

Omegonthesane
2012-07-07, 04:39 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Synovia
2012-07-09, 09:32 AM
<It looks like Iorek say something before you complete the swing Descanous. Do you hold?>

Darkseid999
2012-07-09, 04:46 PM
Descanous pauses for a moment, What aid can you offer performer?

what did my knowledge religion check tell me about what he is trying to do

Synovia
2012-07-09, 11:02 PM
Descanous

You don't know him well, and he hasn't done anything yet, so there's nothing to really do a check on.

Omegonthesane
2012-07-10, 09:05 AM
"This. Like the man said, it'll either heal him, or finish him off quickly. Swords don't heal anyone."

Iorek reaches down and lays a hand on the body, focusing the dark energies within him and lancing them through the guard.

Charnel Touch attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Synovia
2012-07-10, 09:22 AM
The guard's body shudders, and his back arches. His eyes open and his mouth gapes for a second, and then hes dead.

Vandlo bows his head, and says "You tried Iorek. You tried."

Out in the desert, there's a loud thump, and you feel the ground quiver beneath your feet.

Ohavalari

You find a gate on one of the long sides of the room. It's simple verticle steel bars in a frame, held closed with a short chain and a lock. Its on the opposite side of the cart from where the guards are gathered around the body

You hear a large thud from the direction of the rear of the caravan, and feel the cart vibrate and groan

Darkseid999
2012-07-10, 09:44 AM
with a scowl, descanous states flatly He would have been better dying cleanly from a blade then from your dark magics.

Omegonthesane
2012-07-10, 11:09 AM
"Nonsense, there'd be blood everywhere your way," Iorek counters, after briefly stumbling from the shaking ground, showing no real sadness for the dead guard.

somethingrandom
2012-07-10, 02:06 PM
Ohavalari teleports back out the cart on the other side to the guards and heads towards the source of the sound trying to remain unseen.

hide
[roll0]
move silently
[roll1]

Darkseid999
2012-07-10, 05:06 PM
Descanous scowls and moves toward the noises. If you try to heal me that way, I'll take your head

Omegonthesane
2012-07-11, 11:34 AM
Iorek frowned in response to Descanous' anger. "I'll make sure to heal you with a greatsword instead." It figured that the random guards would have the same fanatical prejudice as any Pelorite against someone of his skills, especially someone tomb-touched.

He looked in the direction of the noise, though his eyes and ears had never been the best.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

Synovia
2012-07-11, 02:12 PM
Descanous

You see shadows moving parallel (back to front) to the caravan out in the storm. They're moving FAST and look like they might be Sand Hunters.

Iorek

Your eyes are all gritty from the sand, and you can't see much. All you can hear is the hissing of the wind and sand, and the chittering of the Sand Hunters out in the desert

Ohavalari

You drop to the ground outside the room, and find yourself in the midst of a bad sandstorm. You're not particularly stealthy as you hit the ground, but the wind is loud and you're pretty sure no one will notice you unless you do something really visible. You're standing next to a large, long wagon, with steel bars on it, and crimson curtains. It looks like transport for a circus animal

Darkseid999
2012-07-11, 05:49 PM
Descanous stands prepared for an assault.

somethingrandom
2012-07-12, 07:16 AM
Ohavalari heads towards to back of the caravan trying to find out what is going on.

Darkseid999
2012-07-12, 09:27 PM
Descanous scans the storm trying to find the nearest enemy, and which way they will approach from.
Spot: [roll0]

Synovia
2012-07-13, 02:37 PM
Ohavalari

Are you trying to stay out of sight while you head back? If so roll move silently and hide

Descanous

You don't see much behind you, but you notice that there's more sand in the air coming from that direction.

You notice more shapes running by the caravan

somethingrandom
2012-07-13, 04:30 PM
I am trying to be stealthy.
hide
[roll0]
move silently
[roll1]

Darkseid999
2012-07-13, 06:16 PM
Descanous continues to scan for an opponent to reveal itself.

Synovia
2012-07-15, 09:51 PM
Ohavalari

You weave through the caravan to the back end, nobody seems to notice you. One of the caravan guards is at the back, looking out into the sandstorm.

<everyone roll initiative and spot. I'll have a map up for you as soon as I can>

Synovia
2012-07-15, 10:19 PM
Everyone let me know what square you're on.

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt107/synovia18/Map.jpg

Darkseid999
2012-07-15, 10:23 PM
Spot:[roll0]
Init:[roll1]

which wagon is tipped ?
who is the green V ?
where was the most movement S SE or SW ?

Synovia
2012-07-15, 10:45 PM
<the red G is the crushed guard. The cart next to him is the one flipped over. V is Vandlo. What spot are you on? Map orientation is top is north>

Descanous

The movement you've seen has been going from S-> N both to the east and west of the wagons. You've seen some shadows come from the south and leave your vision in the north.

Darkseid999
2012-07-15, 10:59 PM
28J facing SW

Omegonthesane
2012-07-19, 04:23 AM
Iorek would be in square 13G, facing west, bow drawn - in case facing makes a difference in a game that doesn't track facing in the original RAW.

Spot [roll0]
Initiative [roll1]

somethingrandom
2012-07-20, 04:21 PM
Oshavalari is on P 25
Initiative
[roll0]
spot
[roll1]