PDA

View Full Version : A Wizard Did it(IC)

Madara
2012-06-28, 11:11 PM
Near the Border of Kirsi't, in one of the cities of the former human empire, several individuals are drawn together by curiosity, greed, boredom, and destiny. The smell of fresh flowers masks the scent of ash that had covered the City. Irim, (named for the former Human General) now named "Greush" (for the Goblin slave who was the first to organize a local government) is a recovering city.
The Goblins did not have a violent rebellion, but they do see the loss of the humans as a sign that the land should be granted to them. Since the population drop effected the local economy, many building are empty and run down. Now, the Goblins in this city are making a come back, taking advantage of their position to trade with outsiders.

The city is rather integrated, but the Goblins dominate the local government, insisting on being in charge of the country. Other races are not treated as second class, but as guests. The goblins know what suffering feels like.

Our story starts in a very peculiar store. This store sells foodstuffs, but draws its crowd because of the drug access along with the bar. Our 'heroes' are gathered for several different reasons, but they find themselves sitting at the same table as the bar room runs out of seating. The room is crowded, humid, and loud. Those in armor are rather uncomfortable as the heat makes the room feel even smaller. The barmaid brings a round of Blood Brandy, a Goblin Beer, to the table. The barmaid has long braided hair and wears a white apron on top of a pair of overalls, showing off a bit of humanoid charm despite the rugged appearance.

GnomeGninjas
2012-06-29, 08:40 AM
A strange looking orc sits at the table quietly eating his meal and drinking water from a mug that never seems to run out of water. He is ugly even by orc standards, his flesh seems to be made of stone. He wears a shiny dwarven breastplate with several medals that denote dwarven military rank. He has a finely crafted flail at his back. His face is somewhat deformed and his teeth don't lineup right. Those that look at his face for long recognize his facial expression as quiet contentment.

Norad906
2012-06-29, 02:44 PM
A scary man sits in the corner, hawkeying everyone in the room. He seems incredibly bored. A flick of his hand and a small bag of flour falls on the head of one of the storegoers. He seems to be waiting for someone.

Madara
2012-06-29, 03:25 PM
A scary man sits in the corner, hawkeying everyone in the room. He seems incredibly bored. A flick of his hand and a small bag of flour falls on the head of one of the storegoers. He seems to be waiting for someone.

You're all at the same table. Anywho, looks like I need to make you guys start a conversation..

The Barmaid walks up, and speaks in a gruff voice "So, where are you folk from?"You notice a bit of a dwarven accent to the common tongue, and in a minute you realize the "barmaid" is a well disguised dwarven man. What brought him to act such a way? You can't really tell, but at least the others at the table would be better than talking to him.

Ghost6442
2012-06-30, 01:22 AM
The pale skinned woman at the table seemed content to try and stare the supposedly scary man into oblivion, who had come and sat at her table, which she was already sharing with this orc who had a stony exterior. She had sat with her back to the door facing the corner, in which this table was situated against, it also had been the only one free, seemed no one wanted to be all dark and mysterious in the corner, though this guy was trying to be scary, but she wasn't scared, she didn't even know the meaning of the word!

She had her hat on her lap under the table to keep it out of the way, and her scythe was folded and in it's harness across her back, despite her not really having the figure to wield such a tool or weapon. Speaking of her figure the area of her chest were she should have womanly curves was rather flat due to the breast plate hidden under her robe. Even though the room was hot and humid she seemed bothered by it, though really she was sweating.

The "barmaid" walked over with a tray of drinks, one of her favourites, and asked were they were from. Cellaneous pointed in a direction with her spiked gauntlet which she wore.
"That way" she said with a very goblin accent, then seemed to hesitate then pointed in a different direction, thought about it and then pointed a completely different direction again before shrugging and reaching for one of the drinks.
"Gimmie" she said clutching for one.

GnomeGninjas
2012-06-30, 08:05 AM
The stony orc ignores the scary man and the person staring down the scary man and talks to the barmaid. In a dwarven accent he says I am a dwarf from the dwarven mines, path soldier, rank slayer, my duty is self guided study of the fightin' arts away from my home. Human female dwarf who are you? What is your path?

kestrel404
2012-06-30, 02:25 PM
A very slightly transparent man wearing garishly bright clothing and grinning like an idiot watches the others at the table, occasionally writing in a small old journal. He seems to not mind at all that the others are ignoring him. After the pale woman takes a drink he turns and asks her, "Is the drink good? Would you say it is a good ale or bad?"

The question is asked perfectly seriously, despite the nearly-full tankard in front of the man.

Ghost6442
2012-06-30, 08:50 PM
She considered his question, then drank some of her drink in a most unladylike like way, then considered it again.
"I not tasted betters, buts not bads, why you asks?" she responds her common obviously not very good.

Madara
2012-06-30, 11:00 PM
The stony orc ignores the scary man and the person staring down the scary man and talks to the barmaid. In a dwarven accent he says I am a dwarf from the dwarven mines, path soldier, rank slayer, my duty is self guided study of the fightin' arts away from my home. Human female dwarf who are you? What is your path?

For a quick moment the dwarf slips into Dwarven tongue, and says "Drengo. Would you like anything else?" Rather than waiting for an answer, he walks away and continues to other patrons.

Dwarven Speakers only

Drengo translates to "Undercover". However, correct Dwarven tongue has multiple versions of being undercover. The one he's referring to is for survival, rather than a military purpose.

Norad906
2012-07-01, 02:24 AM
(I never announced which color Psalmi speaks in did i? Whoops. Gray...?)

Errg. So much vermin in the same place. It makes me sick.
He takes a swig from his cup, clearly miffed by the proximity of other beings.
It's the damn Goblins. No respect for the greater races.
He ignores the sideways looks he gets.
"Dregno". Hmm. 'M certain nobody can speak their infidelic language. Anybody want to elaborate the genitally confused loon's sayin'-s?
He ignores any new glances he gets. and goes back to sipping his ale.
He grumbles to himself, in a low and subdued voice, Tastes like piss compared to me mum's 'ol tea...

kestrel404
2012-07-01, 05:47 AM
Enlil grins and says, "Wonderful. Another data point on the solid races, yes. It's part of my job to find these things out." As he talks he scribbles something into his notebook.

"You each have a unique accent - marvelous, that generally implies an interesting history!" He turns to the odd barmaid and says, "Are you going to join us? I bet your story is interesting too."

The odd man's voice is also very lightly accented, but the accent is nearly unidentifiable.

For those who want to make a spot check to see what Enlil is writing, he's not trying to hide it:
"Humans appear to enjoy watered down beer, although they apparently prefer tea. Must discover what sort of tea humans drink."

Madara
2012-07-01, 12:51 PM
As the conversation continues, you notice more and more people leaving, and the room quieting down. Because your table is in a corner, you start to hear voices on the other side of the wall. (Listen Check)

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-01, 01:02 PM
The stony orc listens to what others are talking about. [roll0] My listen is only plus zero. I wrote +5 instinctively.

Norad906
2012-07-01, 01:50 PM
He gives the Elemental a sidelong glance
Uch. You're noting that I prefer Tea? I seems don't even understand the races that resembleHumans.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-01, 05:55 PM
The stony orc doesn't seem to understand the conversation.Why is tea an issue? It doesn't make sense. I drink an infinite supply of water from a magic cup.

Madara
2012-07-01, 10:08 PM
Spoiler zone: No peeking. Reminder: Some of you didn't make the listen check yet.

kestrel404

As a well versed scholar, and traveler who is used to noticing details, you realize that none of you had to pay for your drinks. In addition, while there have been many leaving the room, only one new patron has entered. They haven't received any food or drink, nor been offered service. Of course, like many of the others in the room, the stranger is covered in a cloak, and you can't quite make out the race.

Ghost6442

Make a fortitude save in a spoiler denoted "GM only" please. In addition, you are aware of a small detail from goblin culture, never enter a bar without ordering a drink. There is one new comer at the bar who has not ordered anything, nor received any service.

Norad906

Make a fortitude save in a spoiler denoted "GM only" please.

GnomeGninjas

Two things:
1. You can't make out the whispers or mumbling from the other side of the wall.
2. Somethings wrong here.....

Norad906
2012-07-01, 11:21 PM
GM ONLY:
[roll0]

kestrel404
2012-07-02, 09:55 PM
"Well, of course I'm noting down your preferences - there aren't many humans left so gathering data on them is vital before they go extinct. You lower races die out so quickly. And is it just me or is this a rather strange bar? Every other one I've been to has insisted that I pay for my drink, usually up front."

Listen: [roll0]

Madara
2012-07-02, 10:01 PM
Norad:

You take [roll0] Strength damage

Kest:
You are unable to understand the sounds from the other side of the wall.

Ghost6442
2012-07-03, 04:40 AM
Cellaneous could read but not very quickly, so she normally didn't bother. Looking over at Enlil and what he was writing in response to what she had said, it made her curious. By the time she had managed to read what it had said which involve leaning in close to Enrlil, it was already being talked about.
"I didn't say I liked it, just never hads better." she complained then studied the person who had entered the bar and hadn't ordered a drink, or even gotten service! Well that was damn right rude of them. She moved to pick up her cup.

GM only:
Listen: [roll0]
Fort:[roll1]

Madara
2012-07-03, 10:43 AM
Psalmi crumples to the floor, unable to move. Some of the patrons look over, and assume that he just had too much to drink.

Ghost

You take [roll0] strength damage. In addition, you here these words coming from the other side of the wall,
"I'm getting sick of all these foreigners. Adventurers usually snoop around too much, and they're dangerous."
"We're taking care of them now, don't worry."

Madara
2012-07-03, 02:49 PM
Edit: Nothing to see here folks. Nothing at all :smallwink:

Ghost6442
2012-07-03, 04:58 PM
It seemed to strain her to pick up the half empty cup, she didn't look so good any more. she slowly lifted it and spilt it all over the floor in a feeble attempt to throw it at the wall. As she did so she began cursing in goblin at the wall, those with an understanding of goblin would hear some very bad words, something about the talky wall, and drinks that make you weak. Oh and how rude that guy who had entered and hadn't ordered a drink or gotten service. But mostly bad words, and how so fluent she was in the language.

kestrel404
2012-07-03, 06:02 PM
Enlil blinks at the two humans suddenly overcome by their drink. "Umm, are you alright? I think perhaps you and your friend have had enough...do you have somewhere you're staying?"

As he speaks, a looming figure in a dark concealing cloak stands from a nearby table. As it stands, everyone nearby sees that it is in fact a clay golem. The golem moves towards the fallen human as Enlil stands and offers an arm to the staggering woman with the goblin accent.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-03, 06:07 PM
The stony orc stands up and slowly takes out his flail. Something ain't right! Somebody collapsed and someone justa started yelling in he seems uncertain Goblin? He walks over to Psalmi and tries to figure out what killed her {Heal Check [roll0]}. If it seems like alcohol poisoning he will shout: Don't worry folks everything is under control.

Madara
2012-07-03, 06:16 PM
The Stony Orc recognizes the dry tongue and black throat. Only one type of ingested poison could have done this, Lich Dust: A poison that takes the strength away from its victims. The poison will have more affects take place, and they won't be able to move. For someone with such medical knowledge, its amusing that he thought Psalmi was dead.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-03, 06:25 PM
LICH DUST! Bilgrun the Stony Orc shouts. It was lich dust! Lich dust is bad poison it weakens victims though victims don't die, some bad person must have put it in the collapsed human's food. I have no idea who. Bilgrun looks around eying everyone suspiciously.

Madara
2012-07-03, 06:30 PM
The barkeep steps out, bothered by all the commotion being made. "Take your buddies and leave, I don't need drunkerds nor crazy Orcs in my bar!"

Several well-armed goblins stand up and draw their weapons. They don't seem to plan on attacking, just encouraging you to leave.

kestrel404
2012-07-03, 06:50 PM
"Lich Dust, eh?"
Knowledge checks:
Craft Alchemy: [roll0]
Know (Whichever): [roll1]

"Yes, that would do this. Nasty stuff. Come on, let's get you out of here and to an apothecary, there are several simple compounds that will counteract Lich Dust if they're administered quickly. None that I carry on hand, but there must be someone in town..."

As the jovial Enlil struggles to help the slender woman to her feet, the metal golem bends down and effortlessly lifts the man and begins carrying him out of the door.

Madara
2012-07-03, 07:03 PM
As you leave the bar and enter the bustling street, you see less Non-Goblinoids than recently. Just the other day, it was only 3/5 of the population that was Goblins, but now it has reached 4/5. You do see some Orcs, a Dwarf or two, and an Elf.

You head back to the inn you were staying at, Blue Leaf Bedding, and when you enter, you don't see the owner. She was a human woman who had taken a liking to Enil and was having him pay only half the normal rent cost. Now, there seems to be no staff.

You reach your room with otherwise ease. The two are completely unable to move now, the lich dust has taken full effect. They will heal with rest, but unless you find the ingredients, it will take several days.

Norad906
2012-07-03, 07:19 PM
@Madara am i aware of the titanic changes in population? Or am i basically unconscious and cannot see hear ect?

Madara
2012-07-03, 07:21 PM
@Madara am i aware of the titanic changes in population? Or am i basically unconscious and cannot see hear ect?

You are both awake, just unable to move. So yes, you are aware.

kestrel404
2012-07-03, 10:13 PM
Enlil looks around the mostly abandoned inn and sighs. "Well, nothing for it. I'll just have to improvise. I can get most of what I need to work with in a well stocked kitchen regardless...I hope they use sea salt, it works better in tonics like this..."

Dragging a couple of thoroughly poisoned humans and a confused Orc into the abandoned kitchen of the Inn, Enlil sets a pot to boiling and begins working on a 'cure' - or at least a purgative that will purge whatever remains of the poison from their bodies and restore a small amount of function to them.

To the GM:
I've got basic alchemy tools but not a lot of materials. I'll scrounge what I can from the Inn's kitchen and cleaning cupboard, and send the Orc out if I need to, but I'd like to brew something that I can use to restore at least 1 point of strength to these two so they're mobile, even if it's not a real cure.
I've got a +11 on all knowledge rolls, and +12 to craft alchemy, as well as the Potion Brewing feat and two uses of Psionic Minor Creation via my Dorje. Between those I should be able to come up with something. Here's a few rolls:
Know Arcana [roll0]
Know Nature [roll1]
Know Dungeoneering [roll2]
Craft Alchemy [roll3]

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-03, 10:16 PM
Bilgrun Tarrenstab the Stony Orc yells to anyone who can hear him.Good person who owns this place, some people have been poisoned and they are staying here. If you guys who own this place still exist could you come out and talk to us. My name is Bilgrun Tarrenstab, I am a dwarf I am friendly.

Madara
2012-07-03, 10:31 PM
kestrel404
That was a terrible Alchemy roll for you. Still, you have plenty of skills to make it work.
Plus, I'm giving you a bonus for good RP. The concoction only heals 1 point of strength damage, but as far as you know, such a concoction has never been created at that level of ingredients before. This is revolutionary.

The Air Elemental traveler seems to know what he's doing. While the ingredient list is odd: Orc Blood(That's gotta hurt the "Dwarf"), Purple dye, Rum, Limestone(Which the Air Elemental discovered a substitute for, Ash of some plants, along with Iron bits... The traveler comes through and creates 4 doses of the concoction.

The "Dwarf" continues to attract attention, but there's no one to hear him. The place is definitely empty. Its early evening, and the town has a curfew for 7:00pm.

kestrel404
2012-07-04, 05:28 AM
Enlil remains ever cheerful in the kitchen as his brewing attempts go from unlikely to preposterous, finally settling on an outrageously experimental formula that probably won't work - but what has he got to lose?

Finally, he pour an ugly and viscous rust-colored liquid into four mugs and brings one of those mugs over to the human male. "Well sir, I haven't even gotten your name yet, but hopefully you appreciate the genius that went into this brewing! Bottoms up, and you should be mobile in a minute or two."

Enlil administers the antidote to the paralyzed man, doing his best to get it down the correct pipe and not drown the poor fellow - wouldn't do to kill the patient before discovering the effects of the 'cure'.

A minute goes by and the man begins stirring, causing Enlil to cheer. "Look, Bilgrun, I've done it! Using only what was available in this meagerly stocked kitchen, I've created a restorative drought sufficient to counteract magically potent weakening agents! I am a genius! Now, let's go dose the girl since this fellow survived the antidote."

After giving the human female a dose of antidote, Enlil looks out the window and is confused to note that it is nearly dark. "Say, shouldn't the innkeeper be back by now? We've been at this for hours..."

Ghost6442
2012-07-04, 06:24 AM
Cellaneous gives the elemental a dull look, "Nah they just wents for a really long walks off a really short thingy with boats." She commented her voice dripping with sarcasm. She attempted to get up, and struggled, then flopped back breathing heavily. She could move now but slowly and didn't have the strength to stand or even keep her self up under the weight of her equipment and stuff.

"Oi stone skin, were you get flashy cup? I wants one!" She called to the dwarf/orc guy before looking back to Enlil.
"Thems all taken away, I hears it! behinds wall in pub, they plots to gets rids of peoples likes us, I says we gets rids of thems permanently likes" she said the word permanently slowly, not to emphasis it but as it it was a word she was still getting used to and was sounding it out to make sure she got it right, but it also had the effect of giving it emphasis regardless. Feeling a tad bit more recovered, and rather annoyed and cranky at her predicament she again tempted to get up into a standing position, but this time she used the closest thing to her to climb/pull her way onto her feet.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-04, 06:48 AM
My cup was given to for my services in battle. I think you have great antidote making skills person who made the antidote. What is your name? I need to know! He thinks for a while about the really long walks off a really short thingy with boats comment before he seems to understand what is ment. You think they're dead?

kestrel404
2012-07-04, 08:01 AM
"Oh my, how awkward! I suppose we must make introductions all around, now that everyone is capable? I am Enlil, scholar and alchemist of the air elemental kingdom! I study the lower realms and publish my findings for the edification and entertainment of all."

Enlil bows, then points at the cloaked clay golem standing in the corner. "That's Lurch. He doesn't talk much."

Norad906
2012-07-04, 10:24 AM
After the sick looking man gets his bearings, he says halfheartedly I suppose I owe you one. He reaches into his backpack and takes out a few crude alchemy supplies, enough to make a half decent potion with enough rigor. You don't happen to have a Alembic, do you? I want to see the ingredients of this dust. I intend to find whoever poisoned me and shove it down their damn throat. He outreaches his hand. Psalmi. Obliged.

Ghost6442
2012-07-04, 04:53 PM
She tried to steady her self standing wasn't an issue, walking might be difficult and she didn't want to try yet in case she fell flat again.
(OOC: max load is currently 10, armour alone weighs 15, Lift off ground is 20, currently carrying 26)

"They could be deady byes, or just locks ways somewhere, does cup just do waters or whats?" She asked and gave Psalmi a sidewise glance
"I told you, they are back in that pub, behind that wall, I say we burn the building to the ground, after making sure they can't gets outs." She said clearly annoyed he hadn't caught on. She studied Enlil for a bit then said "Name is Miss Cellaneous Fortune, but you can call me Fortune" she paused then looked at the rest of them. "But you lots can't"

Norad906
2012-07-04, 05:37 PM
He gives a condescending glance at the woman.
Pfft. Yeah, whatever Fortune. He toddles with the fob of his whip. That won't ever work. They must have a plan. Selective genocide doesn't come naturally without a plan. They must have tons upon tons of secondary plans. No, we need a plan as good as theirs. I have a solid 'un; first, we find a goblin to befriend. One of us orders drinks, switches it with the green-ass, then cry fowl to whatever staff is nearby, bust them up if they look surprised that a GOBLIN got poisoned. After that, we find and extract the testicles from whoever poisoned me!

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-04, 08:01 PM
Bilgrun seems disturbed by the plans that are being made. Unless you are at war, you're shall not kill anyone unless they're definitely your enemies! This is law!

kestrel404
2012-07-04, 10:29 PM
"Miss Fortune, Psalami, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Here, if you're struggling, let my Golem help." Enlil gestures and the cloaked clay man trundles over to assist Fortune. "Oh, and the Alembic is over there, though I doubt you'll find anything especially abnormal about this sample of lich dust - the goblin ale it's diluted in is so full of additives and strange floating bits that seperating out what's supposed to be poison and what's supposed to be potable was more trouble than it was worth."

Turning to gesture at the loud Orc, Enlil completes the introductions. "And this is Bilgrun, he assisted me in brewing your antidotes - it's his blood that's the active ingredient, Orcs being well known for their strength. And I believe the fellow is correct - going around and murdering people is rather against the law. Not that I'm a particular stickler for the rules, but I'd think the goblins would be quite cross with us if we tried to burn down their inn. And while Psalami's plan has the merit of being subtle, I think perhaps we should get you two healed up a bit before engaging in hostilities against a group that seems to outnumber us a city to four."

Norad906
2012-07-05, 01:16 AM
He gives the orc a glance that says;
http://memecreator.net/creepy-wonka/showimage.php/38/-you're-new-here-aren't-you.jpg
Meh. I thought orcs and dwarves were supposed to be brave. War crimes, murder, they're just labels people with weak stomachs give completely necessary acts so their prissy pantloons won't knot up. I'll dilute some Bat Guano, you have Bat Guano right? I find one man seeing his comrade drink Alchemists fire makes their tongue a bit looser. Smokesticks aren't as painful, but it's fun to watch the smoke come out of their asophagus. Hmm. Fruit bats, that's good. Extra biomass, very useful. He grimaces as some bat guano splashes on his hand. Damn puck water, is there any cloth towels, ah hells i'll just wipe it on the excess rags, I didn't use it much yet.

Norad906
2012-07-05, 01:23 AM
He yells as some of his experiment explodes in his hands.
I hate it when that happens... well, keep calm, carry on, that stuff. He sighs.

Norad906
2012-07-05, 01:27 AM
Alchemy checks for alchemists fire (DC 15)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-05, 07:01 AM
Bilgrun seems offended after his bravery was insulted. "Murderin' civilians isn't bravery! During war it is nessecity though it takes no honor or bravery and it is never something to be proud of." General Grimdale said that after he ordered the destruction of the city of Nareltheon. It is a good statement..

Norad906
2012-07-05, 12:38 PM
He passes off the Orc's naive assumption.
I'm not destroying a city, i'm executing criminals. Who's going to punish them for what they've done? The irresponsible court?! No, I will not leave anything to chance. Noone crosses Psalmi of Turia and lives.

kestrel404
2012-07-05, 05:48 PM
Enlil looks amused at the byplay between Psalami and Bilgrun, choosing to ignore their bickering. Instead, he turns to Fortune. "I hope you weren't as serious about the murderous rampage as Psalami is. It would be a shame to see ALL of the humans in this town die of an inability to do basic math. Personally, I would recommend finding some friendly goblins to ask what's going on rather than approaching ones likely to kill you - in my experience, goblins tend to listen to other goblins and ignore non-goblins when finger pointing starts."

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-05, 08:29 PM
There is nothing wrong with killing crimanals. Burning down people hoping it gets crimanals is stupid! I don't like stupid.

Ghost6442
2012-07-06, 03:45 AM
"Nah goblin are coward, will listen and agree with whoever is the biggest, loudest and scariest. Oh and love fire, if you has fire you have all their attention, they try to take it too. When fire come in little jar they swallow it for fun and to stop others stealing it." Fortune commented as if proud of the fact, clinging to the clay man for support. She eyed Psalmi, she didn't like him at all. She looks back to Enlil, "Got any more of that fix?" she asked with a thoughtful look.

kestrel404
2012-07-06, 05:00 AM
"I do have a couple more doses. I wasn't going to force them on anyone as I'm still not entirely certain about side effects, but if you want to riskhave it go right ahead. It's in those mugs over there." Enlil points at two mugs sitting atop the kitchen counter.

"Rest would be more effective - a day of bed rest would be twice as effective as both mugs combined, I'd say. Magic could also help, and there are a number of different potions and alchemical aids which would work far better than this - I wasn't willing to leave you helpless and unattended while I worked so I had to make do with what I had on hand."

Ghost6442
2012-07-07, 06:00 PM
She considered this... "But if we rests they might gets away... or attacks" she eyed the mugs on the kitchen counter.

Madara
2012-07-09, 10:23 AM
I'm back, so go ahead and carry on

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-12, 03:15 PM
Bilgrun goes back to the tavern to investigate.

kestrel404
2012-07-12, 09:38 PM
I suppose Enlil will tag along to try and keep him from getting killed.

Madara
2012-07-12, 09:47 PM
The "Dwarf" and the Traveling Elemental proceed to return to the bar, despite the city curfew outlawing people from leaving their homes this time at night. The cold breeze strikes a hard difference from daytime. There is almost no night life in the city at all, and the bar doesn't seem to be open.

Most of the city lacks lighting, but you both have Darkvision, so you're capable of getting around. As you approach the building, trying to maintain some form of stealth, you see some sort of movement at the door of the building.

Make spot checks. I'm assuming the Humans don't come with since they're almost unable to do anything.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-13, 06:23 AM
Spot: [roll0] If Bilgrun can't make much out he remembers the saying "no one expects the burrower" and digs a tunnel over to near the door and listens [listen: [roll]1d20/roll] ] if he doesn't hear anything he will poke his hear out.

What is the mineral warrior's burrow speed like? Does it leave a usable tunnel? If not how noticable would the disturbed earth be?

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-13, 06:24 AM
Retrying the listen check: [roll0]

Ghost6442
2012-07-13, 06:38 AM
After drinking the other two remedies before Psalami can touch either. Cellaneous goes and finds a bed to curl up in and sleep, leaving the golem to guard her (as in in the room) while she does, leaving instructions for it to keep Psalami away from her too, under the premise that the golem will take orders from her, even though it's only orders were to help her to get about.

Madara
2012-07-13, 10:15 AM
Spot: [roll0] If Bilgrun can't make much out he remembers the saying "no one expects the burrower" and digs a tunnel over to near the door and listens [listen: [roll]1d20/roll] ] if he doesn't hear anything he will poke his hear out.

What is the mineral warrior's burrow speed like? Does it leave a usable tunnel? If not how noticable would the disturbed earth be?

No tunnel left by normal burrowing, but most people don't look at the ground.

Retrying the listen check: [roll0]

you don't hear any movement.

kestrel404
2012-07-14, 07:24 AM
Since Enlil never goes anywhere without his Golem, it will not be staying behind to guard the humans (I'm pretty sure it's not even smart enough to follow their orders, so it's pretty much incapable of independently guarding them anyway...).

It will be travelling with Bilgrun, while Enlil flies overwatch above (wearing all black clothing to blend into the night sky).

Spot: [roll0]

Madara
2012-07-14, 08:55 AM
Between the two adventures, one coming from below, and another coming from above, they are able to notice that there is a back door to the building which is rotted and obviously doesn't see much use.

In addition, you notice two goblins who have been walking around but never reaching their destination, if they have any. Those goblins continue to pass by the front door.

Madara
2012-07-14, 10:14 PM
Meanwhile, for those back at the Inn...

Darkness arrives, and you have to set up some candles for lights around the building. The Inn had 10 candles, plus you can add any lightsources of your own. I'd like locations from both players and listen checks.

Floor 1
____(-)____
|.....Lobby......|
|......................|
|R 1|........|R 2|
|R 3|........|R 4|
|R 5|........|R 6|
|____@____|

Floor 2
...__________
...|......................|
w.|R 7|........|R 8|w
...|R 9|.......|R10|
...|____@____|w

@ = stairs
R# = Room& Number
w= Window

Ghost6442
2012-07-15, 01:12 AM
No longer needing the Golem to get around Fortune moves upstairs to find somewhere to sleep, first she sets up a ever burning torch in one room and packs the bed to look like someone is sleeping in it. Then finds a different bed to curl up in and sleep. Leaving it just as secure, but with things dragged over near the door and window (if it has one) that will make a large nose if either are opened from the other side. (things like pots and pans from the kitchen and stuff like that)

In a dark room, in bed, trying to get some sleep (still wearing armour+clothes)

Listen [roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-15, 05:55 AM
Bilgrun will burrow to in front of the door and go in after the guards leave that side of the building.

kestrel404
2012-07-15, 03:33 PM
Unable to follow the burrowing orc, the Golem moves quietly around the building to the unused back door while Enlil glides over the house and waits to see what happens.

The Golem will break (quietly) through the rotting and unused door.

Madara
2012-07-15, 08:39 PM
Front of the building:
You enter through the same entrance as earlier this day, however, the inside seems smaller than before. The walls are only 5 ft. away from you on both sides. Far ahead there is a torch on the wall. You are currently standing in the doorway, where the light does not reach.

Back of the building:

It takes a little effort to smash through the rotten wood 'quietly', but your success reflects your diligence. This back room is only 15ft. wide, but it is much more colorful than the rest of the building. The wall is lined with rare fabrics (Make a Knowledge(History Check), and the floor is covered in an ornate rug. There is no other door in the room. The only actual piece of furneture is a table in the corner which is only 1ft. off the ground. It is made of mahogany.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-16, 06:29 AM
Bilgrun is confused but he closes the door behind him and searches the room. Search: [roll0]

kestrel404
2012-07-16, 07:27 PM
After his golem breaks the door down, Enlil sweeps into the room, hovering a foot off the ground. He inspects the colorful wall hangings (know(history): [roll0]) and then searches the table for anything hidden (search:[roll1]).

Madara
2012-07-17, 10:48 AM
Bilgrun is confused but he closes the door behind him and searches the room. Search: [roll0]

Your arm slips through one of the walls while searching. Make a will save.

After his golem breaks the door down, Enlil sweeps into the room, hovering a foot off the ground. He inspects the colorful wall hangings (know(history): [roll0]) and then searches the table for anything hidden (search:[roll1]).

While you are unable to find a door or such, you do recognize the wall hangings to be made of a special "Flocin" cloth. This cloth is from the first generation of this world, because no resources known to scholars can be used to make it.

kestrel404
2012-07-17, 03:42 PM
Enlil feels that, as a scholar and a historian, it is his duty to preserve these murals which have obviously been abandoned and forgotten. The golem will roll each of them up and place them in his backpack while Enlil takes his time looking for hidden doors behind each one. If he empties the room without finding anything, he will circle around the building to the front.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-17, 05:20 PM
[roll0] .............

Madara
2012-07-17, 06:03 PM
All seems to be fine back at the inn. Other than a few rats scurrying about, the place is mostly silent. Are you two in rooms next to each other?

Floor 1
____(-)____
|.....Lobby......|
|......................|
|R 1|........|R 2|
|R 3|........|R 4|
|R 5|........|R 6|
|____@____|

Floor 2
...__________
w.|R 7|........|R 8|w
...|R 9|.......|R10|
...|____@____|w

@ = stairs
R# = Room& Number
w= Window
Please give me room numbers...

As for the infiltration team...After successfully taking the rugs off the wall, the elemental is able to find a secret door, which is 5ft. off the ground. Luckily, he can fly, so there are no problems. However, your golem steps on a pressure plate in the floor, which causes an Iron Door to drop down, sealing you in.
Have your Golem make a reflex save.

Ghost6442
2012-07-18, 04:07 AM
Cellaneous will be staying in room 6, room 4 is set up to look like some one is sleeping in it (the bundle of stuffs in the bed and the ever-burning torch.) She likely took the stuff out of 3 and 5 to set up her diversion and camp. This is set up so to warn her if Psalmi tries anything while she gets her rest, she doesn't expect anyone else.

kestrel404
2012-07-18, 05:55 AM
Golem reflex save:[roll0]
Enlil looks mildly annoyed at the trap. If he has to start breaking the building to leave then he's going to be quite vexed.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-18, 09:41 AM
What happens after I (probably) failed my will save? Can I continue exploring or was it a sleep spell or something?

Madara
2012-07-18, 10:04 AM
What happens after I (probably) failed my will save? Can I continue exploring or was it a sleep spell or something?

It was an illusionary wall. So you just have to stay between the "Walls" and keep going.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-19, 10:27 AM
Bilgrun continues exploring. If he can't find anything he will go to the door and listen [roll0] to make sure no one is one side. If he doesn't hear anyone he will quickly open the door, close the door and tunnel into the ground.

kestrel404
2012-07-19, 05:41 PM
Enlil and the golem explore in the only direction remaining to them.

Madara
2012-07-22, 09:32 PM
Bilgrun continues exploring. If he can't find anything he will go to the door and listen [roll0] to make sure no one is one side. If he doesn't hear anyone he will quickly open the door, close the door and tunnel into the ground.

When Bilgrun opens the door, he sees a group of well-dressed goblins sitting around a table playing cards. Behind each goblin is one highly-armed warrior. There is a huge pile of platinum on the table. The ground isn't made of dirt or soil...make a hide check/ move silently.

Enlil and the golem explore in the only direction remaining to them.

You enter a small kitchen. The fire is lit on the stove, and you can tell someone was recently cooking in here. The room is 15ft. long and 10ft. wide. But because of the many utensils and such, the actual walking space is more like 10ft. by 5ft.

Make a listen check, and a Knowledge(History) check.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-23, 08:01 AM
Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]

Madara
2012-07-23, 10:47 AM
Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently:[roll1]

"Who's out there!?" the tallest goblin at the table says, nodding to his bodyguard to go check it out.

This is an odd half-blooded goblin, part Orc and part goblin. He has the same build as a dwarf, and he busts through the door to find you attempting to hide. Roll Initiative.
[roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-23, 03:12 PM
Inintiative: [roll0]
Bilgrun just kinda stands there not realizing a fight is starting.

Madara
2012-07-24, 02:49 PM
Inintiative: [roll0]
Bilgrun just kinda stands there not realizing a fight is starting.

To hit:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

kestrel404
2012-07-24, 06:33 PM
Enlil moves into the kitchen, looking around curously, attempting to spot exits from the room (since he cannot go back). The golem follows after.

Know(Hist): [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-25, 10:35 PM
Bilgrun looks down at the [What weapon is the guy using?] that just deflected off his breast plate and realizes that someone is trying to kill him. He pulls out his heavy flail and hits the enemy with it. He hopes to shatter his attacker's forarm.

Attack: [roll0]
I'm trying to do the arm breaker internal damage. DC: 14

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-25, 10:36 PM
Crit conformation:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Madara
2012-07-26, 10:19 AM
Enlil moves into the kitchen, looking around curously, attempting to spot exits from the room (since he cannot go back). The golem follows after.

Know(Hist): [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

The elemental doesn't notice anything special in this room, but he is able to find another door on his right. This one is in better condition than the previous doors.

Bilgrun looks down at the [What weapon is the guy using?] that just deflected off his breast plate and realizes that someone is trying to kill him. He pulls out his heavy flail and hits the enemy with it. He hopes to shatter his attacker's forarm.

Attack: [roll0]
I'm trying to do the arm breaker internal damage. DC: 14

I play double. So you don't have to reroll damage, you do 17+17=34 damage.

Bilgrun smashes the man's arm clean off. The Goblin howls in pain and falls on the floor. Those who were at the table grab their weapons and start moving toward you.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-26, 06:12 PM
Bilgrun is shocked at his arm breakage power. I'm sorry I broke your thug. I'm just wanting to find out about the lich dusting in your tavern. Drop your weapons and I won't smash you face. Ready an action to hit anyone to come within reach if they are carrying a weapon. The internal damage that I'll try for is arm breaker.

Madara
2012-07-26, 07:28 PM
Bilgrun is shocked at his arm breakage power. I'm sorry I broke your thug. I'm just wanting to find out about the lich dusting in your tavern. Drop your weapons and I won't smash you face. Ready an action to hit anyone to come within reach if they are carrying a weapon. The internal damage that I'll try for is arm breaker.

three of the remaining nine pull out crossbows and start to shoot at you, and the other six take defensive positions.

Rolling...

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-27, 07:30 AM
One shot misses, the next bounces of his stony hide, though the third shot penetrate his hide and hurts him some. Bilgrun realizes that these guys aren't going to surrender and charges one of the people with the cross bows.

Charge the nearest person with a crossbow. Hit [roll0] Damage:[roll]1d10+11[roll]. If unable to charge I will walk up and hit the nearest person, so I would have 2 less than my attack roll says. If to move to the nearest person I would only move 5 feet than my Momentum power wouldn't activate so I would have 2 less one my attack and damage roll.

GnomeGninjas
2012-07-27, 07:31 AM
Damage, hopefully I won't miss type it this time [roll0]

kestrel404
2012-07-27, 06:03 PM
Enlil looks around the kitchen, examining the various cooking implements for the residue of the Lich dust - if the cooks were in on the poisoning, then he wants to know.
(Alchemy: [roll0])
After that, he moves to the door and listens for movement on the other side before allowing the golem to open the door and enter first.
(Listen: [roll1])

Madara
2012-07-27, 11:06 PM
Damage, hopefully I won't miss type it this time [roll0]

The Goblin you strike certainly feels the pain, but he doesn't seem out of the fight. In fact, in only seems that you made him mad.

Enlil looks around the kitchen, examining the various cooking implements for the residue of the Lich dust - if the cooks were in on the poisoning, then he wants to know.
(Alchemy: [roll0])
After that, he moves to the door and listens for movement on the other side before allowing the golem to open the door and enter first.
(Listen: [roll1])

Enlil is able to find lich residue in the area dedicated for washing dishes. It doesn't seem like they made any effort to hide their actions.

You are able to hear the sounds of pitched combat in the other room, and when your Golem enters, you see Bilgrun standing in a doorway about 30ft. away from you but across the room. The room has a table in the center, surrounded by ornate chairs and several goblins who are peppering your friend with arrows, they don't seem to have noticed you yet.

kestrel404
2012-07-28, 11:24 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Enlil allows the golem to step through the doorway while he remains behind the barely-open door, peaking into the room. From his cover, he gestures at one of the goblins closest to Bilgrun and a man-sized hand of clay bursts from between the wooden slats of the floor, attempting to pick up the goblin.
Touch attack to grapple: [roll]1d20+9[roll]
Grapple Check: [roll1]

The golem uses this distraction to close with the rearmost crossbow wielding goblin and thump him in the head.
Attack roll: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

kestrel404
2012-07-28, 12:33 PM
I'll just use the right syntax for that touch attack roll:
[roll0]

Madara
2012-08-02, 11:18 AM
The remaining goblins are startled, they didn't think they'd be ambushed. Rather than wanting a fight, one pulls out a scroll and they all run through the wall to escape. The last one says, "We'll get you because we own this town!"

This leaves the elemental, the "Dwarf, and the construct in the room with three downed goblins.

GnomeGninjas
2012-08-05, 03:30 PM
Bilgrun will heal the guy who's arm they tore off (taking ten) if the person who is now missing an arm is still alive. Then he will turn to Enlil and give him a look that says "whats next?"

GnomeGninjas
2012-09-03, 11:37 AM
Bilgrun heads back to meat with the rest of the group.