PDA

View Full Version : Healing Nodules question.

Zsaber0
2012-06-29, 12:01 AM
I can't really tell from the wording of the graft, but it seems slightly over powered if it works the way I thin it does.

Can you just break off a piece of your fungus and put it in a bag for later? Then with a ring of sustenance you could get 23 fungus' in a day and just use them when ever you or a teammate needs.

Am I wrong?

Zaq
2012-06-29, 02:11 AM
It's not really clear if you can save a nodule for later, but even if you could, why would it matter? Look at the price on the graft. 21,000 GP. You could buy 28 wands of Lesser Vigor for that cost, which would heal a total of 15,400 HP. If you want to spend 21,000 GP on the ability to generate what are effectively potions of CSW (slightly better, but I'd say it's balanced out by the opportunity cost of the graft), I say go for it. If you're really stockpiling enough that you'll outheal what you got from wands of lesser vigor, either you're engaging in some new and exciting shenanigans, or you've friggin' earned it.

So to answer your question, RAW doesn't provide any specific prohibition, but neither does it provide any specific approval, so it's in "it doesn't say I can't" territory, which is always shaky. Regardless, though, it's in no way overpowered when you consider the cost, so really, it's not like it would hurt anything.

Answerer
2012-06-29, 09:51 AM
Assuming you're at least level 15, each nodule heals 28.5 damage on average (that this is an utterly trifling amount for a 15th level character is neither here nor there). A CL 1 wand of lesser vigor heals 550 hp, and costs 750 gp. If you spend 22 days and 13 hours harvesting nodules, you'll have as much healing (on average) as the number of wands you could have bought for the same price.

So a month after you've purchased the thing, it starts to pay for itself. Except that wands are massively more convenient, since you're probably going to use up that stockpile faster than you're going to replenish it.

Mithril Leaf
2012-06-29, 10:17 AM
The other thing to remember is that after you get the graft you look like a forest hippy going on week 20 of no bathing. A pretty solid RP price to pay.
It might be handy to supplement your income if you've got a lot of downtime. While you craft stuff, pluck one every hour to give yourself a hearty stockpile.