PDA

View Full Version : Can't open Giantitp with pc.. (Resloved, praise Rawhide)

Abscondcrow
2012-06-29, 07:44 AM
I've not been able to access any part of the sight with my computer, or my mothers pc. No the comics, not the forums, nothing. I just keep getting the "server not found" message. I have tried on firefox, chrome and Ie, I thought the entire sight might be down for a moment, but then I was able to open the sight with my phones browser. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I know I'm new here, but I kinda like it, so please help.

Rawhide
2012-06-29, 08:31 AM
Can you access the site from http://alt.giantitp.com?

The Dark Fiddler
2012-06-29, 08:43 AM
Can you access the site from http://alt.giantitp.com?

I can't speak for him, but I also had issues accessing the site earlier today, and the alternate website wouldn't either.

It was a distinct error from the ones that usually happen, telling me that "Google Chrome couldn't find the website."

Abscondcrow
2012-06-29, 08:43 AM
No, it gives the same "server not found" message as before. I around to a few other websites, I can open all of them so far. How were you able to fix it? Just time?

Zherog
2012-06-29, 08:55 AM
I also tried the alt site this morning and it didn't work for me, either.

Rawhide
2012-06-29, 09:15 AM
Two things to do to diagnose this:

On Windows, go to Start > Run > cmd > OK

Type "ping www.giantitp.com" (sans quotes) then press Enter.

Type "tracert www.giantitp.com" (sans quotes) then press Enter.

Copy and paste the results into this thread (copy on computer 1 that can't access, paste on computer 2 that can).

Abscondcrow
2012-06-29, 09:21 AM
"Ping request could not find the host www.giantitp.com. Please check the name and try again" for the first one, then, "Unable to resolve target system name www.giantitp.com." Oh, I can't access through either computer. I'm on my phone right now.

Rawhide
2012-06-29, 09:27 AM
Ok, now try the following:

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" (sans quotes) and press Enter.

Then type "nbtstat -R" (sans quotes) and press Enter.

Try to connect again.

Rawhide
2012-06-29, 09:29 AM
P.S. I expect all of these issues to resolve themselves fully for everyone in the next day or two, but I'd still like to solve it if possible.

Abscondcrow
2012-06-29, 09:43 AM
Nope, still not working. By the way, I just want to say thanks for taking the time out of your day to help.

Selrahc
2012-06-29, 12:17 PM
I think.I'm having the same issue.

DeusMortuusEst
2012-06-29, 12:27 PM
Anyone tried tracert instead of ping? You might get stuck at the same place all of you?

TaiLiu
2012-06-29, 01:50 PM
My computer juts flicks back and forth with "Oops, not found."

Weird.

Abscondcrow
2012-06-29, 02:23 PM
Yeah I tried the tracert thing.

Zherog
2012-06-29, 06:08 PM
I also tried the alt site this morning and it didn't work for me, either.

Just to follow up, my home PC (where I had trouble earlier) is working fine now.

Seerow
2012-06-29, 06:18 PM
Just wanted to say I was having trouble this morning as well (including on the alt site), but everything seems to be working now.

Strawberries
2012-06-30, 12:54 AM
I'm having the same issues, except they seem related to my home wi-fi. Whenever I try to access the site from my laptop OR my phone (if the wifi is activated) it says "server not found". It's been going on since yesterday.

Rogerd
2012-06-30, 05:24 AM
Ok, now try the following:

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" (sans quotes) and press Enter.

Then type "nbtstat -R" (sans quotes) and press Enter.

Try to connect again.

Now I did the first bit yesterday and it didn't work, but when I accessed it on my phone and tried the second part, as per above, it worked beautifully.

Thank you kindly.

DrK
2012-06-30, 09:28 AM
I'm having the same issues, except they seem related to my home wi-fi. Whenever I try to access the site from my laptop OR my phone (if the wifi is activated) it says "server not found". It's been going on since yesterday.

I'm having the same problem. WiFi has some sort of dns issue but mobile network is ok.

Abscondcrow
2012-06-30, 10:31 AM
It's suddenly working for me, woooh! I'm not going to make it "resolved" because other people still seem to be having problems.

Rawhide
2012-06-30, 10:45 AM
I know exactly what the issue is and it will resolve itself within a day, if there's anyone still having issues.

Strawberries
2012-06-30, 10:51 AM
Yup, it's now working for me as well. :smallsmile: who-hoo! (and thnks, Rawhide!)