PDA

View Full Version : Standard Sorcadin Gish build?

umbergod
2012-06-29, 01:54 PM
What is the typical sorcadin gish build? My roommate is thinking about starting a campaign, and for once, I would like to play something other than the selfish, evil, backstabbing character. I figured a zealot of the church, melding raw power (casting) and melee training. No intentions of playing lawful stupid XD just wondering what the build is and how I can create a colorful backstory to go with it is all. Thanks in advance :)

Dusk Eclipse
2012-06-29, 02:00 PM
Paladin 2/Sorcerer 4/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred exorcist 8.

Sources: Core, Cwar, CMag, CDiv

umbergod
2012-06-29, 02:02 PM
Thank you good sir :)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-06-29, 02:06 PM
Paladin 2/ Sorcerer 4/ Spellsword 1/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Sacred Exorcist 8 is the usual, for +16 BAB and 9th level spells at 20th.

Feats you definitely want to have include Power Attack, Practiced Spellcaster, Combat Casting, Minor Shapeshift, Arcane Strike, and Arcane Preparation to access (Greater) Luminous Armor. Other possibilities include Versatile Spellcaster, Extend/Persist especially if you go Illumian with Naenhoon, Divine Might, and Ancestral Relic to guaranteed you get a Runestaff with all the right spells.

umbergod
2012-06-30, 02:19 AM
Thank you. I am going for low to mid-op so I am going to avoid any shenanigans. Not too sure what the rest of my group is gonna play, one wants to be a cleric with some sort of animal companion and he hasn't played since THAC0 was still used, and the other will be a first time player.

umbergod
2012-07-05, 04:42 PM
Whats generally considered standard stats for a sorcadin gish? Using 32 point buy and I am not sure how to spread my stats to make sure I have enough int for my skills, str for melee, charisma for casting, con for hp >.<

If it matters, my dm is allowing dwarves to take a -2 to dex and no cha penalty, which was my original idea. Something about a righteous arcane powered crusader of Moradin just seemed fun.

Oscredwin
2012-07-05, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure about "Standard" but I would go with (before racials):
14 Str
14 Dex (becomes 12)
14 Con (becomes 16)
12 Int
8 Wis
16 Cha

You can dump wisdom, your will save will be awesome from all the multiclassing. You need the physical stats for the usual melee MAD. Lower the int to 10 and raise the dex to 15 (13) if you need it for feats and can spare the skillpoints.

umbergod
2012-07-05, 08:25 PM
Hmm, I think I am gonna settle on human for my race. I am making a large pool of characters so I have a lot to choose from when the other members of the campaign make their characters.