PDA

View Full Version : ....What the buck?

Hawkflight
2012-06-30, 01:06 AM
Ooookay, so whenever I try to access any page of www.giantitp.com, I get a 'server not found' error. (Example: http://i48.tinypic.com/sq1d3n.png)

Thing is ... I can access everything rapidly and perfectly fine whenever I use a proxy (though I do get a script error that freezes Firefox for a moment). I figured it might be a problem with the server (because of the new multi-server thing), but alt.giantitp.com doesn't work either. If it's relevant, my location is Lowell in MA.

So ... help?

Gnomish Wanderer
2012-06-30, 01:21 AM
Same problem here. :smallsmile: Though mine is only temporary, happening only the first time I try to go to giantitp after a period of time

Strawberries
2012-06-30, 01:26 AM
You're not alone :smalltongue:

There's already a thread discussing the issue here:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247970

:smallsmile:

Elemental
2012-06-30, 01:27 AM
I got that a few times last night when I was using a different computer.
But I put it down to that computer's slightly faulty network cable.

However, that probably wasn't it, so it might just have been because I hadn't used that computer for months.

Rawhide
2012-06-30, 04:44 AM
I suspect that this error is caused by your computer being unable to find the location of the server, but the proxy server, on a different network, is able to.

This issue should resolve itself within a day, but we are still looking into it to resolve it quicker.

Rawhide
2012-06-30, 05:29 AM
Oh, and try the following:

On Windows, go to Start > Run > cmd > OK

Type "ipconfig /flushdns" (sans quotes) and press Enter.

Then type "nbtstat -R" (sans quotes) and press Enter.

Try to connect again.

Non-Windows users have similar tools available, but I don't know their instructions offhand.

Hawkflight
2012-07-05, 06:48 PM
*GASP* An admin, double-posting?! Blasphemy! :smalltongue:

Oh, and try the following:

Non-Windows users have similar tools available, but I don't know their instructions offhand.

Tried that, and it didn't work. It eventually fixed itself though.