PDA

View Full Version : A very specific PrC needed for a sorcerer

Zelkon
2012-06-30, 08:22 AM
So, 3.5 newbie (to high levels at least) here. Do you know of any PrCs for a 9th level sorcerer to take as his 10th level that would give him proficiancy with a martial weapon and still a level of sorcerer casting? If neccecary, I could wait till 11th level to take it.

Arcanist
2012-06-30, 08:27 AM
Cmon mate, we need more details then that!

Race, Feats, Ability scores etc :smallsmile:

Acanous
2012-06-30, 08:35 AM
Prestige classes often require a few mechanical things, and some have an RP requirement. Example: 6 ranks of Knowledge: Religeon and must have single-handedly slain a dragon of Adult age or greater.

Spellblade is probably the PrC you're looking for, though.

eggs
2012-06-30, 08:38 AM
Dragonslayer's the only easy one I can think of, but getting it before ECL 11 is going to mean bumping BA a point or two (with Ruathar or something).

Spellblade is probably the PrC you're looking for, though.
Where's that from?

Zelkon
2012-06-30, 09:02 AM
The game is set in the quips wars universe, so the races are all different. Mine gives light fortification, slight build, speak with plants, and +2 dex and wis, -2 str. I have extra spell known x2, maximize spell, and extend spell. Also, RP requirements are turned on their head because of the non traditional setting. Dragons are more or less invincible until epic levels.

Arcanist
2012-06-30, 09:24 AM
The game is set in the quips wars universe, so the races are all different. Mine gives light fortification, slight build, speak with plants, and +2 dex and wis, -2 str. I have extra spell known x2, maximize spell, and extend spell. Also, RP requirements are turned on their head because of the non traditional setting.

So... Your an awakened Dandelion? Awesome :smallbiggrin: The 2 extra known spells are holding you back as they are burning 2 valuable feats. Ah well...

Dragons are more or less invincible until epic levels.

Buy a custom made Wand of Enervation and then use it on your local commoner and then laugh as you conquer the world with your army of wights.

I recommend going for the Dragonslayer class, its pretty friken awesome man... Gives you the desired weapon proficency and access to the awesome Abjurant Champion class and Eldritch Knight class... :smallamused:

Answerer
2012-06-30, 09:33 AM
Any reasonable DM will waive any RP requirements that don't make sense in the setting.

Zelkon
2012-06-30, 10:34 AM
What book is spellblade in?

Zelkon
2012-06-30, 11:34 AM
I recommend going for the Dragonslayer class, its pretty friken awesome man... Gives you the desired weapon proficency and access to the awesome Abjurant Champion class and Eldritch Knight class... :smallamused:

Abjurant is what I'm going for, actualy. The requirements for the class are a bit steep for dragonslayer.

Urpriest
2012-06-30, 11:54 AM
Ruathar grants you a single Martial Weapon, and the prereqs should be pretty easy to meet once your DM switches over references to elves to whatever is equivalent in your setting.

Zelkon
2012-06-30, 11:57 AM
Ruathar grants you a single Martial Weapon, and the prereqs should be pretty easy to meet once your DM switches over references to elves to whatever is equivalent in your setting.

What book is that in?

Urpriest
2012-06-30, 11:58 AM
What book is that in?

Races of the Wild.

Zelkon
2012-06-30, 10:04 PM
I'm going to need to add a +1 BAB at 1st level to my criteria.

Aron Times
2012-06-30, 10:20 PM
The stalwart sorcerer variant from Complete Mage gives you +2 HP per sorcerer level, a free martial weapon proficiency in a melee weapon, and -1 spell known of your highest level or second highest level (it can't lower you to 0 spells known for a spell level).

Zelkon
2012-07-01, 08:55 AM
Is that worth it for Abjurant Champion? Giving up a spell known? Also, in this game, you add BAB to AC.

Acanous
2012-07-01, 09:07 AM
What book is that in?
It's not. (dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Spellblade_(3.5e_Class))

It's a piece of homebrew, but given your setting, I think your DM may allow it.

Zelkon
2012-07-01, 09:12 AM

That loses me a whole level of spellcasting, though.

The Dark Fiddler
2012-07-01, 09:14 AM

That's... not a prestige class, doesn't progress sorcerer casting, and is homebrew. Not what OP is looking for.

Tim Proctor
2012-07-01, 09:19 AM
Abjurant Champion gives you full spellcasting levels, good HP, and weaponand armor proficiency.

Zelkon
2012-07-01, 09:19 AM
Well, some homebrew is fine.

Zelkon
2012-07-01, 09:23 AM
Abjurant Champion gives you full spellcasting levels, good HP, and weaponand armor proficiency.

I need weapon prof and a BAB of 5 to get into it. That's the whole point of this, geting Abjurant Champion. I might cave and just use the feats.

Zelkon
2012-07-01, 12:50 PM
Ok, so I decided to suck it up and and get combat casting and weapon prof (rapier) instead of meta magic and go full gish. I'm going to grab weapon finess at 12th. What's a good Gish class to go into after I'm done with Abjurant Champion?

Urpriest
2012-07-01, 12:58 PM
Ok, so I decided to suck it up and and get combat casting and weapon prof (rapier) instead of meta magic and go full gish. I'm going to grab weapon finess at 12th. What's a good Gish class to go into after I'm done with Abjurant Champion?

By 12th level you should be able to get a Feycraft weapon, so I wouldn't bother with Weapon Finesse.

There are plenty of options, but almost all lose caster levels or BAB. Sacred Exorcist is 3/4 BAB and is generally well regarded for sorceror gishes.

roguemetal
2012-07-01, 01:15 PM
Ignore Weapon Finesse, aim for Innate spell Wraithstrike. A personal opinion.
Then Arcane Strike for a bit more damage.

Zelkon
2012-07-01, 01:24 PM
By 12th level you should be able to get a Feycraft weapon, so I wouldn't bother with Weapon Finesse.

There are plenty of options, but almost all lose caster levels or BAB. Sacred Exorcist is 3/4 BAB and is generally well regarded for sorceror gishes.

Wow, the Requirements are quite stiff. Where is fey craft from?

Andezzar
2012-07-01, 04:23 PM
By 12th level you should be able to get a Feycraft weapon, so I wouldn't bother with Weapon Finesse.You would be limited to light weapons though. The resulting d3 dagger/d4 shortsword may not sound that appealing. Feycraft is from DMG II p. 274 BTW.