PDA

View Full Version : Racing PC games pre-2009

Balor01
2012-06-30, 10:09 AM
Hey,

I dont have really strong PC, but I'd like to play a racing car game, thatswhy pre-2009 in the title. Now I love driving my virtual cars in real locations like Ibiza and alike. I am not fan of off-road racing, not racing in general. I actually really enjoyed GTA 2 with "open space" approach. Race wherever you want, thats for me :)

Thats what I'm looking for. No shiny, neon-equipped racing tracks with "turbo boost approach", but normal cars, normal maps, if possible in an "open" map like I described.

Can you give me any ideas, Playground?

Thanks

factotum
2012-06-30, 12:13 PM
If you really enjoyed GTA 2, then why not look at the GTA 3 series? They all came out in the first half of the 2000s, so they ought to run OK even on a fairly rubbish PC (provided you have at least 64Mb of graphics memory, anyway). They're all available on Steam for not a lot of money.

(GTA: San Andreas is by far the best one, mind you--the largest, most open world and the most number of silly things to do in it, plus you get to fly a jetpack!).

Cespenar
2012-06-30, 12:42 PM
(GTA: San Andreas is by far the best one, mind you--the largest, most open world and the most number of silly things to do in it, plus you get to fly a jetpack!).

This. I'm not a racing game enthusiast by any stretch, but San Andreas is the one game where driving a motorcycle around was almost as fun as (if not more than) the rest of the game combined.

Radio X helped too, I guess, but anyway.

darkjubs
2012-06-30, 02:27 PM
Need for Speed Underground 2 is one of my favorites. All the cars are real cars and you can drive around the city all you want between races.

Triscuitable
2012-06-30, 02:41 PM
Burnout: Paradise is an '08 (:smalltongue:) release that let you explore a massive city in any car you wanted, and start a race anywhere. On the PC, it's not very demanding in the way of system requirements and still has a large online following. You can pick it up digitally on Origin, Steam, or Amazon.

alecstevans
2012-07-16, 07:03 AM
I like very much the racing games, The games which are related to the bikes and cars racing those are my favorite games. Because of this games we can learn the many things like how to reach the target in life, how we can face the competition and how to control the life etc. Some games are very interesting to me and this games give enjoy to me, those are Need For Speed, Moto Gp2, Real Racing 2 HD and Forza Motorsport 4 etc...