PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Wraith optimization

ThiagoMartell
2012-06-30, 11:55 AM
Hey guys. I'm thinking about playing a Scorpion Wraith (from Secrets of Xen'drik) as a replacement character in a friends' campaign. My plan is to be a half-drow, the champion of his family, raised in Xen'drik, that wants to meet his father, a human explorer. I know I'll be taking Drow Scorpion Warrior and Drow Skirmisher as feats, that I'll be wearing magical (light) chittin armor and that I'll be taking Scorpion Wraith levels.

I'm leaning towards Ranger 2/Rogue 3/Scorpion Wraith 4 as the starting build, dual wielding drow long knives. Bracers of the Hunter, Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker and Quicksilver Builds are a given. My doubts:

1) Are Boomerang Daze/Boomerang Ricochet worth the money I'll have to expend in an extra weapon? I figure with sneak attack + sudden strike the DC will be quite high.
2) Any suggestions on magical items? Not bog standard stuff life rings of reflection, gloves of dexterity or amulets of natural armor, but interesting items with their own abilities. Cyran Gliding Boots are currently not desired, since it ruins my "scorpion drow, straight from Xen'drik" feel.
3) Before settling on this, I was thinking about Scout/Dervish. Though it is a late bloomer, I'm starting at level 9. It seem that from a straight combat perspective, Scout/Dervish outpasses this build completely. Am I right about this?

Thanks for any advice.