PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Adventures in the Dragon Empire

GenPol
2012-06-30, 03:28 PM
So I was just reading the Gazateer and the Primer regarding the eastern portion of Paizo's Golarion, and I have to say, it looks like a cool place.

Anybody ever run any campaigns here? I'm thinking about starting one, and I'm wondering where to go with it. One thought I had was to the players off in some sort of martial arts school, and send them on missions, such as retrieve an object far away, convince hobgoblins not to attack a village, ask a specific kami in the Forest of Spirits a question. What do you guys think about that?

Any other general thoughts about the setting? Anything to avoid? Anything I can't miss? What do you guys think about it as a whole?

Keneth
2012-06-30, 03:53 PM
Adventures are pretty much the same anywhere you go. Essentially any idea can be converted into local equivalents with minimal effort, just change up the monsters and the fluff a bit. There's nothing special to look out for really, although you might want to put some extra effort into presentation to emphasize the differences in the setting.

There should probably already be some existing adventures in Tian Xia if you're looking for material. I think Jade Regent adventure path should be Asian-ish, although it doesn't start that way.

Also, go for cliche. Put in some dragons. :smallbiggrin: