PDA

View Full Version : Ways to become a dragon? [PF]

Majnun
2012-06-30, 10:33 PM
Hi playgrounders
I have a character concept that I could use some help making a reality.
Marcus had a dream, so vivid, that he figured that it was real. He dreamed that in his past life, he was a powerful golden dragon. Marcus has now devoted his life to returning his form to that of a dragon.

Now I've had a few thoughts:
-Sorcerer with the dragon bloodline, maybe going into the dragon disciple, or just making use of the Form of the Dragon spells
-Summoner with the synthesist archetype, make my eidolon dragon-ish

Is there a cleaner way for this to happen? All Marcus wants is to be a dragon, how can we help the poor guy out?

Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

EDIT: Forgot to mention the idea of a Druid with the dragon totem archetype as another possibility.

grarrrg
2012-06-30, 11:20 PM
Now I've had a few thoughts:
-Sorcerer with the dragon bloodline, maybe going into the dragon disciple, or just making use of the Form of the Dragon spells
-Summoner with the synthesist archetype, make my eidolon dragon-ish

Is there a cleaner way for this to happen? All Marcus wants is to be a dragon, how can we help the poor guy out?

Thanks in advance :smallsmile:

EDIT: Forgot to mention the idea of a Druid with the dragon totem archetype as another possibility.

There is (currently) no way to 'become' a Dragon, or even a Half-Dragon,
outside of DM allowing a Template or something.

But Sorcerer or Synthesist are the closest you are going to get.
I wouldn't go Druid though, not "dragon-y" enough. The other 2 can get you Flight/Breath Weapon/GOBS of HP/Energy Immunity/etc...

Sorcerer is the better choice for a more "caster" dragon.
Synthesist is the better choice for a "gish"/melee dragon.

The 'best' Sorc-Dragon in my opinion would be Sorcerer 5/Dragon Disciple 8/Sorcerer +7. You'd just barely get 9th level spells, and have 12 Bab. The last 2 levels of Dragon Disciple are fairly redundant with their granted abilities (Wings and +1/day use of Form of Dragon, of which ALL THREE are already known from your Bloodline), so you are better off going Sorc for those 2 levels so you don't lose 9th level spells.

Synthesist is straight Summoner 20. You need all the Evo-Points you can get.

Ravenica
2012-07-01, 12:06 AM
cast form of the dragon? :P actually the advanced race book just came out and it wouldn't be impossible to come up with something