PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ideas for final level of E6 Duskblade

yougi
2012-07-01, 09:57 AM
Hi!

So first, let me start off by saying this is the character's 6th level in an E6 game, and as such, I will not be able to level this character further. Also, I am not looking to optimize my character, simply to have more cool things to do.

But still, I have my human Duskblade 5, and I have to give him an extra level. I've noticed that Duskblade 6 isn't that interesting, at least to me: 2 more spells per day, +2 to overcome SR...

So here is what I'm looking for: I want +1 to my BAB, for that second attack per round; I want at least one cool ability; I want something that fits my backstory (my character is an aristocrat who lost his title when it was learned he allowed a church of Asmodeus in the city, which he actually did to get his people out of a crisis, not knowing of Asmodeus' nature) and alignment (CG); be able to stay in light armor (I have this +1 mithral breastplate I really like) to keep my speed at 30ft.

A couple of my ideas:
- Barbarian, with Favored Enemy instead of Rage, as per UA, would boost my speed and give me, well, a Favored Enemy. Plus d12 HD!
- Holy Liberator (from Complete Divine) or Paladin of Freedom (from UA): Detect evil at will, 1 Paladin spell per day (Yeah Wisdom 12!) and access to some divine wands (cure ones in particular).
- Fighter (with Sneak Attack instead of feats, as per UA): I mean, I get Sneak Attack...

Other ideas? Comments?

Randomguy
2012-07-01, 10:04 AM
Abjurant champion gets you abjurant armour and extended abjuration, plus you've got full BAB, good HD and it advances your casting.

yougi
2012-07-01, 10:33 AM
Abjurant champion gets you abjurant armour and extended abjuration, plus you've got full BAB, good HD and it advances your casting.

Yes, but Duskblades don't have access to shield nor mage armor. Actually, in my own spell list, the only abjuration I have is resist energy.

Fluffy_1.0
2012-07-01, 11:08 AM
Here is a list of a bunch of prestige classes that are in play in e6. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204298)

HunterOfJello
2012-07-01, 12:04 PM
Warblade and Crusader are both AMAZING classes that would add both a lot of versatility to your character and give him the ability to do all sorts of attacks in fights without using up your daily spells. Since you'd be entering the class at level 6, you would gain access to 2nd level maneuvers and even gain Mountain Hammer in the deal. That attack alone could be worth it.

There are also the 3 feats you would be able to go pick out to give you additional maneuvers known and another stance known. Some of those are quite nice and would be very helpful.

I think Barbarian can be a good choice too.

BShammie
2012-07-01, 01:16 PM

^This.
A Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian (From Complete Champion) gives you Pounce (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#pounce) in exchange for Fast Movement, and you can still trade Rage for your Favored Enemy if you wanted.

yougi
2012-07-01, 03:44 PM
^This.
A Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian (From Complete Champion) gives you Pounce (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#pounce) in exchange for Fast Movement, and you can still trade Rage for your Favored Enemy if you wanted.

Hmmmm, Pounce or Fast Movement, good one!

Warblade and Crusader are both AMAZING classes that would add both a lot of versatility to your character and give him the ability to do all sorts of attacks in fights without using up your daily spells. Since you'd be entering the class at level 6, you would gain access to 2nd level maneuvers and even gain Mountain Hammer in the deal. That attack alone could be worth it.

There are also the 3 feats you would be able to go pick out to give you additional maneuvers known and another stance known. Some of those are quite nice and would be very helpful.

Well, before the start of the campaign, the only thing the DM asked me before he said I could join was "What do you think of Tome of Battle?"; my answer, "I never actually read it", prompted him to say: "Don't ever read it." I feel like those two classes might not actually be options.

Here is a list of a bunch of prestige classes that are in play in e6. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204298)

Thank you so much, that is such a cool list!

In the end, I think I'll go with Barbarian, with Favored Enemy instead of Rage. Not sure about Pounce vs Fast Movement yet...