PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone just create a contest?

Dr.Epic
2012-07-01, 04:28 PM
So, I see all these contest around the forums (mostly Iron Avatar and some homebrew stuff in the roleplaying section, but some others). And I'm just wondering if anyone can create a contest. Just declare some sort of challenge, have willing people enter, and at the end judge all the entries and possibly award some sort of prize or honor?

I have an idea or two for one and I just want to make sure I'm not going against forum rules.

Roland St. Jude
2012-07-01, 04:45 PM
Sheriff: Sort of. These threads cut against the general grain of the forum in that posters normally don't get to be in charge of threads, tell others what do, etc. So they get watched closely and closed if they become a problem.

But you can certainly start one, if you see an area that will generate interest. Here's some advice, though. Don't duplicate any existing contest. Don't even come close to existing contests. Don't create more than one new contest. As someone who administered one of those threads for a long time, keep in mind that they require considerable work, and it can be quite a production to keep people happy, the process fair, and things timely.

Also, as with anything like this. If a subforum starts to get overrun with everyone and his cousin having a contest, we'll probably start closing them for administrative reasons.