PDA

View Full Version : Total War: Girl Genius MK2 (IC)

ArcaneStomper
2012-07-01, 05:25 PM
Turn 1

The year dawns over Europa as it always has bright and cold, indifferent to the vagaries of the mortals who inhabit it, whether they be at peace or at war, as has been the case for nearly a decade. Still for the citizens of Europa the year brings with it something new. Is it the new crop of heroes that has appeared to, is it the promise of stability that has germinated amongst the nations, or is it simply the calm before an ever larger storm of war brought on by the desires of rulers and mad boys alike. Only time will tell.

Somewhere in Eastern Europa
Old Man Jim skulked along the edge of the massive wall. He didn't like being this this far into the wastelands or this close to the wall. Both of them had a habit of killing people who weren't wary. But he didn't have a choice that last town hadn't taken too kindly to his propensity to borrow things, called it stealing they had, and chased him all the way out here. Pulling out an old grubby map he tried to make out the way to the next town, but then started as a massive crashing sounded ahead of him.

Ducking behind a tree he waited a while for the noise to stop and then cautiously peered around the trunk to see what had caused. And when he did he couldn't believe his eyes. An entire section of paneling had come off the wall and crashed to the ground. Behind it he could see massive gears turning and more importantly a few crawlspaces a daring person might venture.

Now Old Man Jim wasn't an adventurer, he wasn't going to risk his hide poking where he wasn't supposed to. But he knew an opportunity to make some coin when he saw one. Hurriedly consulting his map he started trotting towards the next town. If he could sell the location of this little find before it became common knowledge, then he'd be set for at least a few months.

Soon stories of the breach reach across Europa and adventurers debate whether or not it would be worth it to explore it. The danger is unknown and the risks potentially great, but none can deny that many discovers lie in the Workings of the Wall.

The Shores of the Celtic Union
One morning the village children found a strange craft on the beach. It gently rocked in the waves, but was like nothing they had ever seen before. Fully enclosed and covered top to bottom in iron plates it looked like some great fish. Scrambling up the sides they found a hatch which they couldn't open no matter how hard they pulled.

When the villagers themselves came to see what their children were talking about they found the craft still rocking silently in the waves. After much effort the village blacksmith was able to open the craft's hatch and they crowded around to see what was inside. As it happened it was nearly empty. The only thing being a hand drawn map depicting a watery route through undersea caves and grottos, and a water logged journal depicting one spark's journey into the deeps to find the lost city of London. And his eventual success.

Copies of the maps soon spread throughout Europa along with rumors of vast wealth hidden in the royal halls of Britannia, The Land Beneath the Waves.

Madwand
2012-07-01, 05:47 PM
Dragon of Steel and Steam

To Titanium Republic and The Freefolk's University of Exploration
MORALE 3

Greetings,

I, Glaurang, by right of conquest the rightful ruler of Sweden, would like to establish negotiation between our nations about future of Scandinavia and possible help in exploration of Britannia.

Lost Demiurge
2012-07-02, 11:14 AM
Titanium Republic

To Glaurung and Freefolk's University
MORALE 4
Indeed, we have much to discuss.

Let us be frank, we believe that we shall be busy abroad in the years to come. We have no desire to deal with conflict at home.

Shall we agree to a peace among ourselves, and a mutual defensive pact against any who would invade our lands?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-07-02, 12:15 PM
Helvetia Kingdom - Morale 2

To Venice Republic
My great and honorable neighbour: You have great military and economic power. Together we could create wealth that would put as above of all Europa powers.

Shouldn't we prepare a free trade agreement between ourselves? You have the greatest trading fleet in the known world, and I have one of the best industries.

I would also like to discuss our legitimate frontiers, but that should be done behind closed doors.
I propose a private meeting.

Horn King Franz I of Helvetia

To Avignon Papacy
Your Holyness, we send you this message to present our respects.

Your wealth is great like ours, and I believe that a trade agreement should be prepared in order to magnify that characteistic.

In other regards, We are glad to see a fellow spark so clearly apointed by God.
I would also like to discuss our legitimate frontiers, but that should be done behind closed doors.

Franz I, Horn King of Helvetia

To the Maskes [Brunswick], Germania, and Baron Gilgamesh Wulfenbach
My dear lords; I am sending you this message with a proposal for peace.
The wars that ravaged our lands in the past should be left where they are.

I have these proposals:

- A mutual defense pact between each other. We will work together to protect our realms
- An igualitarian division (Diplomatically decided) of the territories between us.
- Colaboration in trade and research.

If you are interested, I propose an inmediate meeting between myself and the envoys you are willing to send. If we could meet in person at a safe place, it would be better.

I can guarantee the safety of my capital.

Sithis
2012-07-02, 12:55 PM
The Papal States of Avignon

Another dream. The booming voice spoke to him again. "Angelus, I have chosen you! YOU must protect and unite the people of Europa! YOU must be their light against the rising darkness!" There was more, of course, but the voice was beginning to fade, as if it was going further into the distance.

Pope Angelus the First bolted upright in his bed, the voice from the dream ringing in his mind. Wearily, he rose from his bed and went to his desk. He fliped a switch, and a lamp began to cast light and shadows around the room. Angelus picked a small book from a pile on his desk, retrieved his pen, and began to write.

The dream comes more frequently now. First it came once a month, then once a week. Lately it has been ever other night. I wish to believe it is the voice of God, speaking his will to me. But there is some dark part of me that worries that it is simply a figment of my own mind. Should I act on these dreams? If they are the voice of God, and I ignore them, what kind of Pope would I be, after all.

With a sigh, he closed the book and flipped off the light.

Kingdom of Helvetica Morale: 2

Of course, my child. The people of Avignon are always open to cooperation.

I'm glad that you came to me, I fear that you probably would have gotten a much more violent greeting from the hat-less pretender in Rome. His insane crusade against sparks will need to be brought to and end at some point, I think.

As for discussion of frontiers...well, where would you like to meet?

Pope Angelus the First

OOC: I'm not actually sure what the rules for private conversations are in this game. Any chance you could shed some light on that Arcane?

Reclaimer Brigade Morale: 2

I know that not all of the Reclaimer's Brigade are French born, but it seems you live here now. The land is damaged, broken, and needs repair. It is that will of God that this be done, will you assist us in this righteous endeavor? Surely, there is something in your vast collections that could help the people of France, yourselves included?

Pope Angelus the First

France Morale: 3

It is good to see the French nation pulling itself up from the ashes of the War. As you can see, the people of Avignon and I have done our best to preserve and protect the southern areas of France. Unfortunately, the more central regions are still wasted and lawless. We must decide what is best done with them, so that our glorious nation will be restored.

Pope Angelus the First

Forum Explorer
2012-07-02, 05:39 PM
The Holy Church Morale 3

To Republic of Venice
As close neighbors we feel that it is imperitive that we work together in guiding Italy to a new and brighter future. Your nation is clean and free of mad-boys so we would like our two nations to be close friends and allies.

To the Corsairs
We may have a job for you. We would also like to discuss a more permanent contract as well.

To Glaurung
Are you open to mercenary contracts? We may have a job for you if you are.

To France
It truly is a shame how your great nation has suffered. We would be willing to help you reclaim your lost territory and glory if you just support our claim over that pretender you has usurped your territory to the south.

To The Spanish Phoenix
Your people have suffered much but by the Grace of God you have begun to reclaim your homeland from the horrors it has suffered. The Holy Church would like to have a close friendship with the new regime to prevent Sparks from destroying your country once again.

To Baron Wulfenbach
Hello young baron. Your father was a unique indivudal in being a spark who always possessed remarkable control over himself. As such we hope you prove yourself to be the same caliber. If you are such a spark then we would be pleased to offer you our friendship.

Murska
2012-07-02, 05:48 PM
Republic of Venice

To Kingdom of Helvetia

A free-trade agreement is fine with us. In fact, we would like to invite you to a Trade League headed by the city of Venezia, aiming to set unified trade policies against outsiders and benefit from the center of eastern trade that we own.

As for a meeting, we are ready to welcome your ambassador in private at any time you see as suitable.

To the Holy Church

We would be glad to count ourselves amongst your allies. We do wonder, however, what we are supposed to do about the Romagna area, and especially the Corsairs.

The Venetians wish for a peaceful Italy, so we can concentrate our attention and fleets East.

oblivion6
2012-07-02, 07:34 PM
the masks to kingdom of helvitia
i will wait to respond. not entirely sure how arcane wants to handle meetings and PMs this game

france to holy church
we do not wish to choose sides in a confrontation between churches...especially seeing as how the church to the south of us has offered to help us clean up our land

france to papal states
we are willing to work with you. would you like to meet and discuss this?

spanish phoenix to holy church
we would love to accept the hands of friendship the church offers

baron wulfenbach to the holy church
i assure you that i can handle affairs atleast as well as my father can

the corsairs to holy church
very well. what do you propose?

Forum Explorer
2012-07-02, 09:33 PM
The Holy Church M:3

To France
We are sadden by your response, but will not hold it against you.

To The Corsairs
We wish to organize a powerful raiding force against the pretender pope in what they are calling the Papal States of Avignon. We will pay you well for your assistance.

To the Republic of Venice
We are open to whatever ideas you have about Romanga. As for the Corsairs I suggest that between our two nations wealth we simply keep them on commission permanently to protect both of our nations and attack our enemies.

Madwand
2012-07-03, 04:45 AM
Glaurung
MORALE 5

to Holy Church

I am always intrested in good buissness. Price of my effort is [2.5 t.eco for 1 military per turn].

Glaurung

to Titanium Republic and Freefolk University

Yes, both propositions are reasonable. I agree.

Thelonius
2012-07-03, 08:31 AM
Count Heinrich to Helvetica [2]

''I’m Count Heinrich von Swcharzwald, ruler of Brunswick. Your offer of peace and mutual defence has its merits. I'm prepared to travel to your capital to discuss signing it.''

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-07-03, 12:24 PM
King ranz frowned. He frowned often, even though he never got angry.
Or happy, or sad.

The clock-man, they called him It was like he had no feelings at all.

He looked at the letters before him. new information... The game was being set up.
He sat down and started to write back, with a primitive pen.
He liked normal, primitive things sometimes.

To Brunswick
You may come to my Capital at [proper date before EoT], where we can discuss the terms. I'm still waiting the response of Germania and Wulfenbach. Maybe if we made the summit public they would feel like coming here. What do you think of that?

To Venetian Republic
While urgent matters detain me here, I will send an ambassador to your lands. He is a bit sparky, but you will like him. My brother Maximilian will go to attend the Trade meeting, and discuss in pravate with your ambassadors.

He is my brother, and can speak for me and the Kingdom.

To Avignon Papacy
You can send an ambassador to my capital anytime. I would be glad to discuss it with him.

Murska
2012-07-03, 01:59 PM
Republic of Venice

To Kingdom of Helvetia, Holy Church, Corsairs

Would you three be willing to meet in Venezia to discuss the formation of a Trade League, taking advantage of our central position and trade routes over the Mediterranean?

In addition, we would be discussing other things, such as mutual security.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-07-03, 10:59 PM
To Venetian Republic
I am sending my brother to the meeting, with full powers to decide over matters of State such as Trade agreements and other less pacific tipe of pacts.

I would like to see your city personally [next turn], if possible. I heard your channels are amazing.

Forum Explorer
2012-07-04, 01:50 PM
The Holy Church Morale 3

To Republic of Venice
Of course we would be glad to attend your meeting.

To Glaurung
Business must be good for you to demand such an outrageous price. We will give you 1 temp econ per 1 point of military per turn plus our share of whatever loot is gained from the raid.

Lizard Lord
2012-07-06, 11:13 AM
Freefolk's University of Exploration
Morale 3

To Glaurung and Titantium Republic: You say the word 'exploration' my giant metal friend and we are all ears.

And yes, the Freefolk shall agree to a defensive pact with our fellow Scandinavian nations.

To Die Schmiedemeister: You are truly masterful craftsmen. We were wondering if you could assist us in inventing a new type of flying machines. Much faster than anything the world as seen, which may not be saying much since most of what the world has seen is those bulky gasbag airships that our ancestors loved to use for some reason.

I propose airships that are jet propelled forth at greater speeds by the very nature of their engines.

Would you like to assist us in this endeavor and forever create a mark on this history of airflight?

oblivion6
2012-07-06, 10:41 PM
masks to helvicta
very well. we shall send a representitive

die schemedeister to freefolks university
interesting proposal. i like it

corsairs to venetian republic
we shall meet with you

corsairs to holy church
what kind of a reward are we talking here?

Thelonius
2012-07-07, 01:19 AM
Marquise Tora de Valdez to King of Spain [4]

To his Royal Highness, King Salcedo

''I would like to pledge my support to the reunification of Spain. I’m prepared to swear an oath of fealty. My family may lack in soldiers, but my ancestors were wise in the ways of coin and left me with full coffers. I have used this wealth to procure services of a mercenary company [2 MIL]. I believe they can assist the royal troops in reclaiming the Straits of Gibraltar. This will secure our access to Atlantic Ocean, against the pirates that make their home there and allow the Kingdom to collect tolls to improve nation’s financial situation.''

''I have already put my best Sparks [3 SPRK] to work on the strange happenings at our west coast, so the lands lost to Spain due to the strange phenomenon, the KoBS sparks wrought can be returned.''

To GM

I’d like a feudal arrangement, of Marquise keeping control over his territory, but swearing oath of fealty to King of Spain. I’ll be looking to solidify my connection to the crown, by looking for a prospective marriage between children (don’t overstep my bounds, just carefully probing for now) and high position in court. If King agrees for my Gibraltar plan, perhaps control over Military that would be stationed there.

Is there a lot of trade passing through Straits of Gibraltar? Can Spain use its MIL to start collecting tolls from passing merchants, boosting its ECO?

Murska
2012-07-07, 01:34 PM
Meeting in Venezia (Corsairs, Holy Church, Helvetia) (PM)

The surroundings of the ambassadors and the sights they are treated of tell of splendour, luxury and wealth but also of military potential. Venezia is not an easy place to capture, and without a powerful navy it is outright impossible.

As the festivities and polite talk begin to die down, the actual business side of the meeting is prepared.

The main item on the agenda is the creation of a Trade League Compact between the four nations present, including the signing of remarkably open trade agreements amongst each participant and the unification of several trade policies towards foreign nations. Trade League members agree not to compete with each other on foreign markets, instead they will work together to corner them. Tolls and tariffs on several key commodities are unified so that no foreigner can take advantage of the trade agreements between the League.

In addition, several defensive treaties are proposed ranging from simple measures to prevent internal fighting to an actual defensive alliance against any foreign power attacking any of the members.

There is also discussion about various possible points of contention amongst the League members, including the currently neutral territory of Romagna. Venezia proposes leaving it neutral or giving the Holy Church right over its colonization. Any other concerns should be brought to the table as well.

And finally, behind closed doors there are hushed talks about possibly using the military potential of the League to expand it. Outside enemies are noted as the Avignon Antipope and the Bulgarian Dominion, whereas possible targets for fast profitable expansion include Schmiedemeister, Bulgarian Republic, Germania and Wulfenbach and also the outbreak of Imperium in Hungary.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-07-08, 09:04 PM
Meeting in Venezia (Corsairs, Holy Church, Venezia) (PM)
Prince Maximilian is amazed by the town and its individuals.

He gladly accepts the free market treaties, making sure that there are somwe minor advantages to the swiss industry in the deal (AKA, Helvetia would be a "producing" partner, more than a "buyer-seller" partner.).

On military matters (Besides the defensive treaties which of course are accepted); Helvetia supports the idea for keeping Romagna neutral, and has klittle opinion on who should occupy if something else was decided.
At closed doors, the idea of letting the Roman Papacy take it is not a problem to Helvetia.

Behind closed doors, Helvetia admits to have some minor trade agreements with Avignon; but believes both popes should fix their differences in private, and peacefully if possible. Helvetia will not interfere with any attacks the Roman Pope makes on Avignon, and help on defend Rome's territories should they be attacked.

However, on the Kingdom's opinion, the bulgars are the better target. They are both dangerous and close.

Thelonius
2012-07-09, 03:43 AM
To ArcaneStomper Only

Land Beneath the Waves

’’A small boat entered the watery tunnels, that the fisherman claimed led to the mysterious land of Eng.’’ narrated our Hero, uncorking the next bottle with clear liquid and talking a long gulp.

’’Sir, they have disappeared just recently. We still remember, they are called England’’ interjected Montag.

’’Ah, my good Colonel. This story will be written for the time, when I perish, to remind the world of my great exploits. By that time people would already forget.’’ Cheerfuly answered the Green Knight, finishing the bottle. The next one appeared in his hand, as if by dark science. ’’Which reminds me. That’ll be your task. Stock up on spare parts and once I’m done for, spend the rest of your existence talking about how great I was.’’

’’I have no intentions of doing so. Besides, there’ll be only Clanks and Constructs in the future. They’ll have their own stories.’’

’’Is that something, that guy, Amidias is saying? Oh, and we should really start stirring this thing.’’ Green Knight nodded in the direction of the fast approaching wall, as the current carrying them picked up the pace.

[Adventuring Option: Let’s Go Exploring!]

Forum Explorer
2012-07-09, 02:56 PM
The Holy Church

Meeting in Venezia (Corsairs, Helvetia, Venetian Republic) PM
The Hatless Holiness himself has come to represent the Holy Church in this important meeting. He takes his time making his way to the meeting taking care to talk to and bless the people of Venezia

His Holiness agrees to the trade league without reservation. He is pleased with the idea of being the partner with such famous merchants.

In military matter His Holiness presses for a full defensive alliance between the members of the Trade Compact. Behind closed door he fully admits that he plans on attacking the Avigion Antipope. While peace between the two nations would be wonderful it is only possible if the Antipope renounces their claims that they speak for God. Until then they must be viewed as heretics. So the Holy Church does not seek their destruction but their enlightenment by force if need be.

His Holiness would like to raise the matter of the Corsairs. As a mercenary nation they may become the military arm of the Trade League if they and everyone else agree to these terms. Each of the other members of the Trade League will provide a certain amount of money who in return will aid whatever military actions the members of the Trade League undergo. If there is not any current military actions by the Trade League then they may take other customers as long as this does not lead them to attacking Trade League members or its close allies.

On the subject of Romanga the Church is fine with taking Romanga provided all members of the Trade Pact agree. The Church does want the land colonized however as it views that the neutral land would be taken as a invitation from other nations to move in.

To the Corsairs
We would like to see if our idea in Venezia is accepted before making you an offer.

Adventurering!
Inquisitor Anderson heads to the north deciding to take the chance and Explore the land under the sea. He was also taking care to watch out for his old enemy Sir Madis. If the things went well he would not find some useful technology for his brothers at home but also destroy that heretic covered in Clank armor.

Murska
2012-07-09, 03:43 PM
To GM:

Adventuring Beneath the Waves - Let's Go Exploring!

oblivion6
2012-07-09, 04:07 PM
Spain to Brunswick
an interesting proposal. i agree with your proposal too retake the Strait of Gibraltar and i will accept your oath of fealty

OOC: you'll have to talk to arcane about the finer details of the Strait and your position in spains goverment, i just handle npc responses

meeting in Venezia[PM]
the Corsairs agree to the proposal of becoming the leagues military arm and doesnt really care about the romaga situation but will support the holy churches claim. They of course sign the defensive alliance proposal

Lost Demiurge
2012-07-09, 06:29 PM
GM
Sending my hero out to check out THE WORKINGS OF THE WALL!

Madwand
2012-07-11, 06:58 AM
Glaurung
Morale 5

To Holy Church

The price for blasphemy is always high.

To Freefolks and Titanium Republic

Yes, I will be sending my adventurers to Britain. If you will, we can make it join enterprise.

ADVENTURE

I send Pirate Princess Ciri to land beneath the waves! She take Sparky
equipment (so + Sparks) and Go Exploring. She is looking for weapons. If Freefolks and/or Titanium Republic send adventurers I will ally with them.

Lycan 01
2012-07-11, 09:29 PM
The Principality of Denmark

"Magnificent, are they not?" Polonius asked over the thunder of the troops marching beneath the balcony.

"Yes..." King Claudius leered, stroking his silver beard as his blue-grey eyes surveyed the military parade passing in front of the Royal Palace. "With this new army, Europa will finally recognize Denmark as more than just a bunch of primitive barbarians or Germanian lackeys."

"Oh, I do wish Prince Hamlet were here..." Queen Gertrude suddenly observed with a forlorn sigh. "Where did you say he went?"

"I believe he said something about finding assets and allies," Claudius replied, hiding his annoyed expression from the Queen. "And then he was out the door."

"Yes, out the door, leaving half a dozen of my best men hospitalized in his wake..." Polonius grumbled under his breath, clearly still upset by the last failed assassination attempt.

"I'm sure that whatever he is doing," Claudius smiled charmingly, "Is in Denmark's best interest." He then turned to Polonius, and whispered: "We'll worry about the Prince later. For now, lets focus on more pressing issues. Denmark needs to make a name for itself. I need you to-"

"Already on it, sir," Polonius smirked. "Letters have been dispatched to possible allies and trade partners."

King Claudius grinned. "And that is why you're my adviser! When should we hear back from them?"

Polonius shrugged. "Damned if I know..." he flippantly mused. "I deal in politics, not postal services."

-----

LETTERS AND COMMUNIQUES
(Morale 2.)

To the Technocratic Alliance

The Principality of Denmark wishes to extend its greetings and kindness.

We would like to invite one of your representatives to our nation for the purpose of diplomatic discussions, regarding a possible alliance between our nations. Would you be so kind as to accept our offer of hospitality and diplomacy?

To the Freefolks University of Exploration

The Principality of Denmark, your Southern neighbor, offers you greetings.

We wish to invite one of our representatives to our nation for the purpose of diplomatic negotiations. We are interested in forging an alliance of mutual benefit to our great nations. Would you be interested in such a meeting?

To Glaurund

The Principality of Denmark offers recognition and respect to Glaurund, Dragon of Steam and Steel.

We do not doubt the power and might of your military. While we have no desire to meddle in the affairs of dragons, we do not wish to have any sort of conflict with them. Any sort of unpleasantness between our nations would be a horrific affair, costing both sides dearly.

To avoid a situation such as this, we would like to know if you are interested in a Non-Aggression Pact with our sovereign nation. We are willing to send a representative, or entertain one of your own, for the purpose of negotiating such a deal.

To Germania:

Denmark sends its greetings and respects.

We wish to put old conflicts behind us, and avoid possible new ones. Would the noble nation of Germania be interested in forging a Non-Aggression Pact? We wish to show that we have no desire for conflict, and in time, we would like to pursue further diplomatic or economic relations with our neighbor(s).

Do you accept our promise of mutual non-aggression?

-----

"Honestly, sir, I had no idea she was your daughter, and I extend to you my sincerest apologies!" Prince Hamlet stammered, his eyes focused on the dual shotgun barrels leveled with his forehead. The blonde-haired, blue eyed Prince, clad in black suit and traveling cloak, had his hands raised in the air. As he spoke, he softly gestured with his hands for the holding of the weapon to lower the weapon, or at least pull it back a bit.

The farmer simply growled and pulled back the hammers on the weapon.

"Right, new plan," Hamlet deadpanned. "Horatio?"

Quick as a flash, a third man joined the two men in the kitchen. Before the farmer could react, a black shadow almost seemed to materialize behind him, before wrenching the shotgun out of his hands and smacking him - gently - in the face with the stock of the weapon. The farmer collapsed backwards, out like a light, into Hamlet's arms.

"Thanks!" Hamlet smiled, softly lowering the farmer to the floor.

Horatio, who had a well-kept black beard and long black hair, was clad in a black trench coat and tricorn hat. The bodyguard simply rolled his eyes. "Next order of business, sir?"

"Well," Hamlet walked over to the window in the farmstead's kitchen, "According to the map, the gap shouldn't be more than a day's journey from here."

"Shall we get going then?" Horatio asked, idly inspecting the shotgun in his hands.

"In a bit. Would you be so kind as to fix some sandwiches for us?" Hamlet asked, heading for the nearest door.

"Where are you going?" Horatio arched an eyebrow, his expression suspicious.

Hamlet shrugged. "To finish that chess game of course. Honestly, I don't see why he had a problem with me teaching it to her. I guess the people around here prefer checkers..."

---

Adventuring:

Prince Hamlet and his stalwart companion Horatio are going to explore the gap in the Russian lightning curtain. They are Packing a Light Lunch.

Lizard Lord
2012-07-11, 10:09 PM
Morale 3

Adventuring:

Enrico will pack a light lunch, ally with Glaurang's adventurer, and explore the land beneath the waves searching for the secret to building underwater cities, if the British had such a secret.

To Glaurung: I would be glad to assist you're right hand in exploring the sunken cities.

To Principality of Denmark: We would be glad to receive your representative.

Lycan 01
2012-07-12, 12:38 AM
Principality of Denmark (Morale 2)

To the Freefolks University:

*send a representative*

(You want to roleplay it out or just talk turkey? :smalltongue:

ArcaneStomper
2012-07-15, 03:59 PM
OOC: Note that any loot you collect will not be available to your faction until you leave the dungeon. Which you can do at any time.

To the Green Knight
Fortunately the bold Green Knight reacted in time and the wall was missed. But this proved to be only the beginning of the ride, as the current soon sped them through a maze of twisting passages. Through a mixture of luck, daring, and constant references to the map copied from explorer's logbook they duo manage to navigate through the watery maze without crashing into anything.

They eventually surface in an eerie cave. The walls are tinted green, and the only light is from the lanterns they brought with them and strange fungal growths on the wall. In front of them are two things of note. The most obvious is huge door sealed with mechanisms and complicated locks. But off to the side is what appears to be the remains of a previous explorer's campsite. It looks as if the previous explorer left in a hurry as in abandoned bag is a journal containing numerous spark designs of varying purposes, but all highly advanced. Many of the pages are waterlogged, but it will surely provide a boost for the sparks of any country it is given to.

[Green Knight gains Spark Notebook]

To Inquisitor Anderson
Racing through the maze of underwater passages the Inquisitor manages to trace his way through the tunnels in his small undersea vessel following the map from the explorer's logbook. He is mostly successful, but doesn't manage to slow his craft in time when he reaches the final cave. Beaching itself on a narrow spit of land the vessel crashes to a halt and the Inquisitor smashes into his controls. Breathing heavily he checks himself for damage. Nothing appears broken, but he's definitely breathing harder than he was.

Still that won't stop him from adventuring. Climbing out of his cockpit he finds that his vessel didn't just crash into the beach it actually rammed into a large metal door breaking it open. Peering through the Inquisitor sees a passage heading off into the distance, and nearby a set of old crates. Peering inside the Inquisitor finds what looks to be part of some spark machine. His careful investigation reveals the signature marks of Lucador a renowned spark from the old days. There is no sign of what this machine does, but Lucador's inventions were always impressive, and more or less stable. If he can find the rest of the parts he can assemble it and bring it back to the Church, or destroy it if he deems it heretical.

[Inquisitor Anderson takes 1 Wound]
[Inquisitor Anderson gains Lucador's Part 1/3]

To Sir Soren Lavinjo
Sir Lavinjo's association with the sailors from Venice who helped him bring his small craft to the launch point proves helpful, as he is able to recognize the many currents in the area and maneuver through them with skill, and without hitting any of the walls in the twisting undersea passages.

Coming to rest in a small alcove he finds himself at a small dock. Opening the hatch he hops onto the wooden, which fortunately prove to be sturdy, and advances after lighting his lantern. In front of him he sees what almost appears to be a small smuggler's cove. Crates of old equipment lay about and a creaking wooden door blocks passage further into the caverns. The whole thing looks long abandoned, as many of the crates are empty or filled with unusable junk. But a few still have functional equipment, and Lavinjo decides to pack a few of the more useful tools before he continues onward.

[Sir Soren Lavinjo gains Supply Kit (5/5)]

Brynhilde, the JaegerTod
A small town has grown up to supply the adventurers headed into the wall and it is from there that Brynhilde sets out. Making her way to the wall she examines it carefully before entering the opening where the plating has fallen away to reveal the inner workings. She proceeds through the twisting passages, occasionally jumping over giant rotating fans, and crawling through tiny shafts until finally she reaches a room which is somewhat more open.

Deciding to make camp she sets out a few alarm traps and prepares to sleep, but as she does bumps into the wall. With a click and hum the wall springs open to reveal a small hidden workshop. Inside are many half built devices and parts strewn all over the bench, but the most intriguing prize is a large glass container with some kind of sparking cylinder hanging inside. When she approaches the glass slides open and the sparks die down, although the cylinder is obviously still active, allowing her to take the device which she determines to be a power source of some kind.

Mysterious Power Core]

To Pirate Princess Ciri
Working with Enrico Dawkins of the Freefolk University Ciri managed to decipher the maps from the explorer's log books and chart a safe course through the undersea labyrinth before even launching her craft. Thus it is easy for the Pirate Princess to make her way down into the deeps. Surfacing in a large cavern she finds what appears to be a small shipyard long defunct and abandoned.

Making her way through the workings she is ambushed by several rusty old clanks. No match for the Pirate Princess the clanks are soon dispatched, but not before giving her a small, but painful cut across her arm. After dressing the wound Ciri looks for what the old clanks were guarding. She finds a laboratory filled with debris. Most of it is junk abandoned long ago, but in one alcove she finds a set of blueprints for how to build underwater battleships of English design. The blueprints are damaged and incomplete, but it would certainly be quite a prize if she could locate the rest of the plans.

[Pirate Princess Ciri takes 1 Wound]
[Pirate Princess Ciri finds Submersible Battleship Hull Blueprints]

To Prince Hamlet
A small town has grown up to supply the adventurers headed into the wall and it is from there that Hamlet and Horatio set out. Making their way towards they spot the opening tiny when compared to the huge metal wall which stretches into the clouds, but still more than big enough for both of them to enter side by side.

For some time the duo explore the insides of the mammoth structure. But their investigations are rudely interrupted when Hamlet missteps in a giant airshaft. Fortunately Horatio catches him in time, but not before he touches a hanging wire filled with a small fraction of the untold amounts of power needed to electrify the wall. The shock causes no permanent damage, but still the duo finds it prudent to make camp before continuing onward.

[Prince Hamlet takes 1 Wound]

Enrico Dawkins
With the help of the Pirate Princess Enrico manages to chart out a course through the watery maze described in the explorer's logbook. Launching his vessel he is glad he worked it out head of time, as the swift current means that the walls of the tunnels flash by with blinding speed, leaving him no time to consult the journal only maneuver his way through the twists and turns of the tunnel.

Eventually his vessel glides to a halt and surfaces in a small pool. Opening the hatch Enrico finds himself in a vast cavern with numerous other pools in the floor. Wandering around he notices indents in the floor where equipment was once placed, and realizes that the cavern must have once served as a docking bay for numerous English small craft. All of which are now gone.

Eventually Enrico reaches the side of the cavern where he finds a large door set into the wall. Massive, imposing, and with numerous locking mechanisms he does not believe he would be able to open it, fortunately some previous earthquake or blow has weakened the wall leaving a small tunnel around the imposing door. On the other side Enrico sees a corridor stretching further into the deeps, and several crates, which on closer examination contains a number of ingenious spark devices which appear to be for manufacturing processes. A great boon if he can get them back to the University.

[Enrico Dawkins gains Manufacturing Devices]

Exthalion
2012-07-16, 10:23 AM
Starwrought Adventure
With purpose it had walked through the light less tunnels. The things there fled before it could see them, recognizing a predator and the mad azure glow that attended him.

In the deep, where the briny water reached up to show that the path to London had been here, it touched the walls. If any had been there they would have seen veins of blue reach out to cover the walls before their maker ripped them off and covered himself.

When they settled it was not a biped that stood there but some mer creature, a naga of tail and fins. It was time for Axiamandros to god exploring.

Lost Demiurge
2012-07-16, 10:42 AM
Brynhilde's actions
Brynhilde eyes the part, cautiously. She is no spark, but she can see it will be of value to the Titanium researchers.

Moreover, it is best not to linger here while carrying an unknown part. She has no desire to wake up with extra limbs or rotting sicknesses. Carefully taking up the core, she departs the wall. Outside she commissions a lead lined box, and begins the trip home...

Thelonius
2012-07-16, 10:52 AM
Green Knight

''That door looks difficult to breach. And rather obvious. Too obvious, if you ask me. There could be a smaller hidden side entrance, they actually use.'' Green Knight mused. ''Okay, Montag, check the camp site for tracks – if we can locate where the chap went or what made him leave in this hurry, it could be useful.'' He carefully put the notes with designs into a waterproof tube. Was there anything else useful in the camp and any indications, for how long it was there and when it was abandoned. He planned to check it.

The Green Knight walked to the huge doors, examining the earth and the polish on the door. Was it ever opened? He decided to make a search of the cavern, before trying the locks. Chances were they were trapped and if there was another entrance, it could be a safer bet.

[Let's Go Exploring!]

Forum Explorer
2012-07-16, 06:47 PM
The Holy Church

Adventuring!
Anderson took back the part to his sub. No sense in destroying it or bringing it back incomplete. He still had a job to do so he went Exploring down the long passageway.

Lycan 01
2012-07-16, 11:29 PM

Adventuring:

Prince Hamlet runs a comb through his hair. It has been left standing on end after an unfortunate run-in with an electrical conduit. "Well, that was a minor setback..." he grumbles, trying to smooth out his blonde locks.

"Mm-hm," Horatio nods, idly munching on a sandwich.

"Well, we can't let this stop us," Hamlet states. Standing up, he pockets the comb, and picks up a lantern. "Might as well get back to work." As an afterthought, he adds: "Could you pass me a turkey sandwich before we go?"

Horatio wordlessly tosses him a sandwich wrapped in paper, with "turkey" scrawled across it. "Thanks!" the Prince grins. "Now then. ONWARD!!"

If possible, we're going to press forward and keep exploring.

"Pack a Light Lunch" still in effect, if possible/applicable.

Murska
2012-07-17, 10:09 AM
Sir Soren Lavinjo

The supplies should be useful as we push on to adventure.

Lizard Lord
2012-07-22, 10:49 PM
Morale 3

To Denmark: Whatever you want to do.

Adventure: Will continue to search for clues of how to build an underwater city, or at clues to how the islands sunk and what the English planed to do about it.

Lycan 01
2012-07-26, 01:31 AM
Denmark
Morale 2

To the Freefolks University:

Alright, let's skip to the point.

My country has a powerful army and a cruddy economy and sparkyness. Your country has pretty good tech and economy, but isn't too militarily powerful.

Let's make an alliance. We trade and do business, you helping me improve my economy and/or spark, and I'll help you improve your army.

Sound good?

ArcaneStomper
2012-07-28, 10:36 PM
Turn 2

Europa Quiescent
A sense of calm has begun to pervade Europa after decades of war. Many countries are beginning to expand outward, spreading civilization and order across formerly desolate and abandoned territories. Many Europans look with renewed hope towards the future.

The Transeuropan Express
Can it be done? Can a clankway be built all the way across the ravaged continent of Europa. Most people say nay. Too many mountains to climb. Too many rivers to cross. And more importantly too many bandits and monsters ready to steal your equipment and eat your workers.

But the noted spark and business man Alonso Quijano believes otherwise. Having acquired the schematics for the great Clankways that used to connect Spain together he believes they can be extended, and that if Europa can be connected by a broad network of clankways it will herald a new age of peace and prosperity. Starting of course with his own Transeuropan Express.

He is not however blind to the trials that will face him and has put out a call for adventurers to aid him in crossing the first of the great obstacles in the way of his workers. The great Pyrenees mountains and the many monsters that still dwell within them.

Madwand
2012-07-30, 01:27 PM
Glaurung

Morale 6

Pirate Princess Ciri to Enrico Dawkins

Shall we continue our adventure?

To Sons of Amidias

Vive La Revolution!

Let me assure you that I am whole-gear-heartedly supporting case of right to self-determination for constructs. May I ask for private meeting to disscuss future of clank-etariat?

Glaurung, Dragon of Steel and Steam

To Heterodyne Horde

To Agatha Heterodyne

may I ask if you are at war with New Jaggers? Because if not I am wondering if you plan to visit rest of Europe like few years ago..

Glaurung

Lizard Lord
2012-07-31, 01:38 PM
Morale 3

To Denmark: I have plans for my spark already and it makes more sense to use those stats on my own mil than on yours.

Enrico to Ciri: I actually was hoping aid to in the expansion of Transeuropan Express. It seems like a marvelous idea, and the sort of thing the University of Exploration aims for.

Madwand
2012-08-01, 06:13 PM
Ciri to Enrico (PM)

I guess, you want to hunt more exotic parts (OOC: for world domination project) than we can find here? I can make you an offer: if your Sparks build better wings for my Dragon, I will join you in search and give you exotic part we find.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-01, 07:53 PM
Venezia Meeting PM
So do we have an agreement?

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-08-02, 05:47 AM
To Venezia meeting PM
We agree. The Kingdom has signed the agreement.

To GM
When are new adventures appearing?

To Lord Wulfenbach
Milord, you have not answered [last turn] message. Is everything all right?
The Kingdom has ceased its expansion for.

To Germania
I must ask again. What is your idea on a confederation of all the germanies?
I have stopped expanding the Kingdom.

Lycan 01
2012-08-02, 05:56 AM
Denmark
Def Espionage: 6

@Freefolks University:

Well, what about your economy or something else then? I just thought you'd want to have a Big Brother of sorts looking out for you, especially with other powerful military nations on your other borders.

IF you don't want an alliance, then I suggest we at least sign a Non-Aggression Pact.

@Glaurung

You have failed to respond to our original dispatch. We again inform you that we are interested in negotiations for a Non-Aggression Pact. If you are going to deny this request, then at least have the courtesy to tell us directly, rather than ignoring us.

Lost Demiurge
2012-08-02, 09:03 AM
The Titanium Republic

Isis reviews the reports, and blinks. "Turn back," she instructs her shuffler. (The intern whose job it is to hold up human-sized papers, and be her hands for things like this.)

She squints at the paper through a pair of head-sized prince-nez, and turns her head. "Get me Brynhilde. We'll see about chipping in for this, in the spirit of unity and all that stuff that no one else really believes in."

GM
Sending Brynhilde out to help secure the Pyrenees for the potential Transcontinental express, and show the flag for the titanium republic. Brynhilde has been instructed to hunt monsters, be as photogenic as possible, and in general to show off her awesomeness.

Meanwhile, we'll spend Spark 2 to study that mysterious power core she retrieved. Trying to figure out how it works and what it's good for.

Madwand
2012-08-02, 12:26 PM
Glaurung to Denmark

OOC: I missed it; sorry.

Ruler of Denmark,

I have taken into consideration your request. I need to inform you that I have alliance with both Titanium Republic and Freefolk University. I can grant you non-agression pact as long as you will respect their and my borders.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-02, 12:30 PM
Morale 3

Enrico Dawkins To Pirate Princess Ciri: Oh, I am certain I can convince my brother to work on such a thing.

To Denmark: I would not be opposed to a defensive alliance, unless such an Alliance means spending spark or economy to make your army bigger. It simply makes more sense for me to use my stats to build my own army up.

ArcaneStomper
2012-08-02, 11:24 PM
The Sons of Amidias to Glaurung
We agree to a meeting.

Heterodyne Horde to Glaurung
And why do you wish to know?

To Helvetia
The Transeuropan Express is a new adventure.

Also what message to Wulfenbach are you referring to.

Germania to Helvetia
We believe it is a goal to be worked towards, and in fact are doing so.

OOC: I will do adventures later today.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-08-03, 10:32 AM
Adventurin'!!

Maximilian Von Happenstauer left Venice as soon as the treaty was signed, saluting everyone.

His clank carriage was good for all terrains, so he headed straight to Alonso Quijano base in the Pyrenees.
The clank carriage had some crude but effective guns, useful for clearing out the path before him.

“I will find glory here” the hero thought, his eyes glowing with madness.
“And maybe I will find inspiration to build that thing of my dreams”.

Since he was a child, Maximilian had dreamed of a wondrous machine. He never got to see it whole. He hoped that adventures would grant him more insight on those dreans.

GM
OOC: I'm sending an EoT now, because I'm going to be gone most of tomorrow.
The message to wulfenbach was the same I sent to Germania. It's my first or second IC post.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-03, 12:49 PM
Adventuring: Enrico will Go Exploring the Pyrenees Mountains using his personal gadgets and sparkyness to drill a tunnel into the mountains big enough for the Transeuropean Express to go through, making sure to fight any monsters in his way.

Madwand
2012-08-03, 02:53 PM

So we have a deal. My assistance for your University's Sparks assistance.

ADVENTURE

Pirate Princess Ciri is working as a sidekick for Erico Dawkins; full support and she give him all tresures they find.

To Heterodyne Horde

Magnificent Heterodyne,

I think your noble House used to work with Dragons in their adventures. . For example to explore that old Theosops land; it could bring us lots of intresting items.

Glaurung

To Sons of Amidas

PM sent.

ArcaneStomper
2012-08-04, 01:07 PM
To Axiamandros
Navigating the currents proved to be of little challenge to Axiamandros's modified form. What was more challenging was the lack of direction. The watery caves were dark and circuitous. And most of them were filled with nothing more than water and sea life, but eventually he found his way to a submerged wreck.

Corroded and overgrown with sea creatures it's original purpose was impossible to discern. As Axiamandros made his way through the wreck he found little of value most of the equipment having long since rusted away. But at last he found a chest that remained intact. Carrying it to a dry cave he found that it contained a set of charts and logs which detailed not only the tunnels, but also the seas around the rest of Europa.

[Axiamandros gains Sea Charts]

To the Green Knight
Careful searching revealed did indeed reveal another door hidden in the rock walls of the cave. Disguised as a just another part of the caves wall it took some time for the Knight to even find the opening mechanism. After much careful work however the door opened. Unfortunately the Knight having become somewhat overconfident neglected to to prepare for the possibility of the hidden door being trapped too, and the large hammer which swung out from behind the door caught him full on.

Flung backward the Knight gingerly felt his torso. Nothing broken as far as he could tell, but he would certainly be feeling it later. After Montag helped him he carefully approached the door again, and after making sure there weren't any more traps went inside. The door proved to lead into a small corridor. After traveling down it for some time the corridor opened up into a larger room which appeared to be a storeroom of some sort.

Most of the stores were either in disrepair or simply junk, but rummaging through the boxes the Knight did find a fascinating weapon. At first appearances a harpoon gun it soon proved that the "harpoon" containing numerous mechanism that not only allowed it to seek a target, but also return to the weapon after hitting.

[The Green Knight gains Seeking Harpoon Gun]
[The Green Knight takes 1 Wound]

To Inquisitor Anderson
Passing through the corridor the Inquisitor eventually started seeing numerous doors branching off from. Most of these led to small rooms, apparently bedrooms, with the occasional larger communal room. After finding a large storeroom he came to the conclusion that he was in some kind of outpost. With all the necessities needed to support itself. However it appeared to have been long abandoned.

Continuing forward the Inquisitor eventually found the outpost's workshops. Mostly abandoned and left to rot much of the equipment was ruined. But after a thorough search the Inquisitor managed to uncover a set of old and rusted clanks, but still in working condition and of a design the Inquisitor had never seen before. They appeared to be workers of some kind although what their exact purpose was he couldn't tell.

[Inquisitor Anderson gains Worker Clanks]

To Prince Hamlet
Continuing forward into the twisting metal hallways for a time the Prince and his companion found little of interest. Oh sure there was the hallway of giants spikes, and the one where blade clanks attempted to eviscerate them. And of course at intervals the floor vents would alternately shoot out fire or lightning. But that was all standard stuff for an adventure.

It wasn't until the duo managed to open a sealed door that they managed to find anything truly new. And what they found was a small infirmary. Not many dungeons had one of those, minions were cheap after all. After a bit of searching the Prince managed to find a cabinet filled with small rather sharp looking devices. After carefully reaching the Prince promtly jumped back as the devices started to move. But he wasn't fast enough. Quickly activating several of the devices ran after him on tiny spindly legs and managed to attach themselves to the Prince. As the Prince quickly tried to get them off there was a moment of short sharp pain and then the devices fell to the floor and lay in a smoking pile.

Checking himself Hamlet realized that he felt fine, better than he had before in fact. The devices having somehow fixed the wounds he had taken with from his unfortunate encounter with the electrical conduit.

Cautiously the Prince returned to the cabinet, but the devices didn't activate again.

[Prince Hamlet heals 1 wound.]
[Prince Hamlet gains Medical Devices 4/5]

To Sir Soren Lavinjo
As Sir Lavinjo moved forward he quickly realized that the smugglers must have found some sort of natural tunnel, for it was obvious that the path from the dock was moving through a series of caves and not man made tunnels. Unfortunately that also meant that the lack of maintenance had left some serious obstacles in the caves. And more than once Sir Lavinjo had to make use of his new supplies to climb a mound of rubble or lower himself down a gap.

But eventually the caves ended. Or rather the path did. A crudely carved door had been hacked into the wall of the cave, which when the adventurer looked through proved to lead to the back of some sort of old storage room. Likely one that had seen little use so the doorway could be concealed.

Moving out of it Sir Lavinjo found himself in a series of corridors. All long since abandoned, but fairly obviously this had once been a rather busy place as he could see considerable wear on the floor and found numerous rooms of all types including housing, workshops, and offices. And after stepping on just the right sequence of tiles a hidden room which proved to contain what looked like a monitoring system. Two monitoring systems in fact. The first and considerably larger one appeared to have once had views of most of the corridors, at least according to the labels under the different screens. Sadly it was now apparently broken and nothing showed but cracked glass.

Of more interest was a small pack which proved to contain a small control panel and numerous small insect like devices. After a bit of fiddling Lavinjo found that he could use the controls to direct the devices around and what they saw and heard would be transmitted back in some manner to the panel where he could review it. A valuable find indeed.

[Sir Soren Lavinjo gains Spy Bugs]

To Brynhilde, the JaegerTod
Brynhilde had no troubles finding opportunities to show off. The mountains were crawling with monsters. They might not go down into the villages anymore, but that just meant they were hungry.

After one particularly tough battle with a flock of mutated pigeons the size of small airships Brynhilde was traveling back to the main work lines, when she saw a small glint out of the corner of her eye. Deciding to investigate she found a piece of metal sticking out of a pile of rubble. After a bit of digging she uncovered a lever, which proved to control a door that led further into the mountains. Evidently someone had made a small hideout for themselves.

It wasn't much, a cot, a small pantry filled with very stale goods, and an array of rusted weapons. But tucked in the corner Brynhilde found something much more interesting.

Whoever had been before had left behind maps. Numerous maps tracking various known and rumored ore veins in comprehensive detail. Most of it was centered on the Pyrenees, but Brynhilde found a few referencing other locations. Including a few for the new territory of the Titanium Republic

[Brynhilde, the JaegerTod gains Mining Maps]

Back in the republic the sparks have determined very little. They can confirm that it is a power source. But they haven't been able to tap it. It's obviously built for a specific device. And the rest of the device would need to be located and assembled to make use of it.

To Maximilian Von Happenstauer
Maximilian soon found that the Pyrenees were an exciting an dangerous place. As proven by the large pack of Yetis which attacked his carriage on his way in. His guns proved their worth in driving them off, but not before Maximillian got banged up a bit as they slammed the carriage around.

Eventually Maximilian made it to the work encampment. And was immediately sent back out again by the rather gruff foreman in charge of the camp to hunt monsters. Not exactly what Maximillian had in mind perhaps, but not terribly difficult for an adventurer of his caliber.

After several days of this though Maximillian stumbled across something much more exciting. An old tower abandoned on the edge of a mountain cliff. Much of it had been ransacked by monsters and thieves. But in the very top he found a secret compartment filled with experimental equipment meant for some spark's lab. And now meant for Maximilian's lab.

[Maximilian Von Happenstauer takes 1 Wound]
[Maximilian Von Happenstauer gains Small Hedron Collider]

To Enrico Dawkins
As Enrico goes exploring he finds that there is drilling and more fighting as the mountains are crawling with monsters. Which is in fact the reason that the Adventurers were called for in the first place.

One day after defeating a large nest of cold worms Enrico is headed back to the camp. When all of a sudden the ground starts shaking. Fearing an avalanche Enrico presses himself against the side of the mountain and start looking for a cave of some kind to take shelter. Fortunately the shaking proves not to be an avalanche. Unfortunately it does prove to be a giant rogue battle walker. The ensuing fight is difficult and one of Enrico's most heroic exploits to date as he is able to single handedly take it down, and bring it in for the bounty.

Not without injury of course as it manages to burn his left leg with one of its flame weapons, but surely this is a valid trade as inside the wrecked walker Enrico finds something much more exciting. Somehow somewhere the walker had picked up an old single seat flyer. It was damaged and torn, but with a little work Enrico could get it flying again. The Flyer itself was brightly colored and obviously designed with speed in mind rather than anything else.

For most people it might not have a lot of use, but for the Freefolk University it would prove a big hit, especially one more of the same kind were made. Enrico could already see the skies over the university filled with the things as his fellows raced them around.

[Enrico Dawkins takes 1 Wound]
[Enrico Dawkins gains Racing Flyer]

To Pirate Princess Ciri
A little killing a little exploring. All in a day's work for an adventurer. And in this it's quite a few days work as Ciri battles her way across the mountains blazing a trail for the Express and helping out her fellow adventurers.

Sometimes however Ciri goes off by herself to do a little exploring on her own. And it was on one of these trips that she found something amazing. A huge clank of some kind. Obviously intended for digging of some kind. The crest of old Morlockia decorated it in places marking it as parts of the Mountain King. But it was obvious that it had been extensively modified since then.

The clank proved oddly easy to control. Too easy perhaps as it only took a few nudges to get it to move back to the work camp. And from there it began tunneling through the mountains, and Ciri didn't know how but somehow it had begun laying track behind it completing the segment of the Transeuropan Express in days what had been expected to take months. Once it got to the other side of the mountains however it suddenly stopped responding.

Ciri barely managed to bail out in time as it suddenly dove into the earth. Leaving her wondering if something else had been controlling it all along. And staring at a gleaming multifaceted device that it had left behind.

It would take more study and a lot of sparks to tell what it was for, but Ciri was certain it was more than an ordinary spark invention.

[Pirate Prince Ciri gains WDP: Glistening Device]
(WDP stands for a World Domination Part)

Transeuropan Express Steams Ahead!
The people of Europa are surprised as the Transeuropean Express blows past its naysayers. Most critics had believed it wouldn't even be able to get past the Pyrenees, but the workers of the express have proved them all wrong, as a massive digging machine constructed for the Express broke through the mountains in record time. Now in the former territories of France its workers are laying track at a record rate and the clankway advances onward.

There are of course rumors that the digging machine was not constructed for the express at all. That it was in fact a rogue unknown and above all dormant clank activated by an adventurer and which afterward disappeared to unknown purposes. Alonso Quijano has denied this and states that it is only a rumor put forward by his jealous competitors who want to discredit the Transeuropan express by linking it to the sort of careless actions that led to the current state of hordes of rogue monsters and constructs roaming Europa.

(I honestly didn't expect it to happen so fast, but an adventurer found a WDP so this part of the Transeuropan express is over. The next leg of the Express will be forthcoming once I figure out what it will be since I expected more time to do so.)

Exthalion
2012-08-04, 01:25 PM
Adventure: Axiamandros
Go Exploring, continuing to seek out a clue to the there and not there quality of the pre-fall British.

Lycan 01
2012-08-04, 01:41 PM
Denmark
Def Esp 6

@Glaurung:

Yes, we can assure you that we currently have no hostile intentions for any of those nations. Shall we sign the agreement, then?

@Freefolks University:

A defensive alliance would be fine. You would not need to promise us any spark or economy, just your word that if we find ourselves at war, your aid can be relied upon. And in exchange, should you go to war, we'll have your back.

Though, as a side note, we'd love to make an Arms Deal. An equivalent exchange of Economy and Military strength, perhaps?

ADVENTURE!!!!

Prince Hamlet is still rockin' the Iron Curtain, and continuing to Pack a Light Lunch.

Murska
2012-08-04, 02:47 PM
Soren Lavinho on the Adventure

Hmm. That seems really useful. Having some of the bugs check areas that seem trapped, or corridors he can't fit into, and carrying his kit of supplies with him, the good Sir Goes Exploring again.

Madwand
2012-08-05, 06:37 AM

PM-level

"AWESOME!" cried Princess Ciri and show Enrico gangleaming multifaceted device " I found it; Let's get to Scandinavia and share the spoils!"

OOC: yup, I have a WDP. We will exchange it in EoT:smallsmile:

Glaurung to Denmark Morale 6

Yes, we have a pact.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-08-05, 10:32 AM
Adventurin'!!

Maximilian grabbed the equipment, thinking of possible uses for it.

Probably powering a superweapon...

For now, he decided to move north into former french territory after leaving the Pyrenees. from there, he goes east to Switzerland.

Madwand
2012-08-08, 05:31 PM
Glaurung

Morale 6
To Denmark

Greetings,

I am wonder if you plan to exand your territory to island on Baltic Sea or, prehaps, you have plans to exand in other way?

Glaurung

Adventuring

Pirate Princess goes back to homeland.

ArcaneStomper
2012-08-09, 02:36 PM
Wulfenbach to Helvetia
I defense pact would be agreeable for now, and I am willing to listen to what you think is an equitable division of territory, but I believe both my and my sparks time is best served in our own interests.

Heterodyne to Glaurung
Of which I have plenty. Both from my ancestors as you have pointed out, and from my own ride through Europa. I knew your creators dragon. They fought for glory and the thrill of battle. Not for greed of mere trinkets and material wealth. Unless you have some better reason, I see no need to tell you my plans.

The Heterodyne

Madwand
2012-08-10, 05:04 PM
Glaurung to Heterodyne

I would submit notion that big heap of tresure is glorious and aesthetically pleasing. But let it go and good luck with your next endeavour.

Glaurung

Lycan 01
2012-08-10, 05:09 PM
Denmark
Def Esp: 6

@Glaurung:

We currently do not have any concrete plans for expansion. If you're intending to expand closer to our borders, we will not be perturbed. Your proximity is no concern to us, so long as you respect our sovereignty.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-08-10, 06:54 PM
Helvetia to Lord Wulfenbach
Milord, I believe that each of the powers should take one of the "free" territories between us and call it a day.

What do you think?

Forum Explorer
2012-08-13, 02:06 AM
Holy Church

Exploration

Anderson looked at what he had aquired so far. Impressive but there was still more to discover in these twisty underwater tunnels. Still perhaps it would do to be a little more cautious for now. Besides it was time for a break anyways.

Pack a Light Lunch

Also what do Worker Clanks do? Can you only have the rest of the set pieces in the same adventure?

ArcaneStomper
2012-08-16, 05:09 PM
Turn 3

Europa Erupts
Sadly peace in Europa is a fragile fleeting thing as demonstrated by the sudden onslaught in two widely seperated countries. Along the Mediterranean the Holy Church has launched a sudden strike on its hated rival the Pope of Avignon. Unprepared for the sudden onslaught the Papal guards fall back and the other Papal Guards begin burning any spark labs, equipment, and in some cases the sparks themselves that they can get there hands on.

This war between bitter rivals is sudden, but not entirely unexpected. What causes far more consternation is the resurgence of the the raiders of the North. Almost overnight a rebellion springs up among the constructs and spark creations of the Technocratic Alliance. And soon the cause is revealed as the Sons of Amadeus begin their crusade of revolution and independence. That would be bad enough, but then Glaurung swoops upon the embattled defenders leading a horde of warriors. While Glaurung and the Sons of Amadeus claim they are only helping the revolutionaries rise up against their oppressors most of the countries of Europa dismiss this claim as a mere cover and uneasily begin planning for a resurgent Skulding threat.

The Transeuropan Express: The Tunnel
Fearing that building a clankway across an active warzone will be even more impossible than building one at all Alonso Quijano has put out another call for aid. He does not want help fending off roving armies, but rather wishes to avoid them entirely. And to do so he plans to take his Expressway underground.

Of course the tunnels of Europa are twisting dangerous place, given to dead ends and sudden chasms. Not to mention the monsters that are even more prevalent below the ground than above. So Mr. Quijano has put out an ad calling for more adventurers to help his Expressway make it through the tunnels without taking a hugely long circuitous path.

A Feeling in the Air
There are no rumors of it, not yet at least. No signs of mayhem, destruction, and the crazed workings of mad boys. But there is something in the air. Some indeterminate quality that any experienced adventurer can sense. Something is amiss in Europa.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-08-16, 05:51 PM
Adventurin'
After seeing that his equipment is safely stored back home, Maximilian takes a special, experimental Clank he had designed in home for this new phase of exploration.

The clank is called "The Gear".
It looks like a sphere, with multiple clawed legs that allow it to walk in any position, upside down or not. It is equipped with a sistem of retractable-point spear guns that allow it to climb through sheer, straight surfaces.

Of course, it takes a skillfull pilot who always remembers to put his seatbelts to pilot the Gear. And God forbids that the pilot forgets that the only exit is in the roof of the thing. Or to close the special cupboards where the food is stored.
It's a wonder why, but he had a cupholder for coffee, next to the pilot seat. He liked cupholders.

It was only used in the Gear's first trip, where the coffee burned the pilot's face, causing a crash. To prevent accidents, a small sign was added to the cupholder ("Do not use. EVER").
It was an overreaction, Max knew. But only those signs were the only types that crazy sparks ever listened to. Well, some of the less crazy sparks anyways.
When a friend asked him about why didn't he just take the cupholder away, he looked at him, straight to the eyes, and answered "Would you?".

His friend managed to mutter a "no", before running away as stealthily as possible.

The Gear's spears are.... Interesting when used against dangerous monsters. Specially since some dumb engineer connected a battery to them through their steel cables. Maximilian allowed that fail to go unnoticed merely because it amused him.

After arriving to the site, he started to colaborate with Quijano.

OOC TO GM
If I have to spend stat points to have this Gear, I will.
Just let me know, I'll tone it down if it's too much.

To Venice
How are things going? I'm willing to have a VIP meeting to discuss some plans I have. We can use this means, if you like.

King Franz Von Happenstauer I

Murska
2012-08-16, 06:03 PM
Venice to Helvetia:

There's nothing special going on in Venice, we're expanding at a good rate across the Mediterranean and the bandits haven't been much trouble.

If you want to meet, that's fine with us.

Ragnar Lodbroke
2012-08-17, 05:53 AM
Helvetia to Venice [PM]
King Franz entered the hall where the Celestial Ambassador sat.
He aproached his seat and stumbled down on it, and started talking in a steady, calculated fashion.
You could almost hear the clockwork gears between his words.

"I'm here to discuss the chances and risks of going east.

We believe that the bulgarians will be dangerous if they mve this way.

Are you willing to take Slovenia [AKA the province closer to sea] and hold it? I wish to take Vienna, to the north. We would effectively seal the border to them, to prevent further expansion west.

What do you think of the Raiders, far north? Will they pose any danger to us, should we let them stay unnatended?"

Murska
2012-08-17, 08:20 AM
Venice to Helvetia (PM)

Well, the problem would be that if the Bulgarian Dominion intends to head West, and knowing their ideology it is more than likely, they will do so regardless of our claims in the area. Taking those provinces could potentially just shorten the time we have before an inevitable conflict.

As for the northern raiders - if they follow the old patterns, they'll only be a threat if we let our defenses get too weak. If we keep our military strong and unified, they will seek weaker prey - there is plenty of that around.

Madwand
2012-08-17, 09:15 AM
War by other means

"They will not attack." exclaimed Dragon. "First, they never see where I am going. WE need to stay constantly in motion like riding fleet of my creators." his wings worked in tediously unvarying perfection. The Freefolks Sparks build true wonder of clockwork and aerodynamics.

"Besides, Princes, look at the map. The Europe will explode as every possible space will be claimed. What do you think New Jaggers, Red Heterodyne, Celestial Imperialists and this agressive Pope will do? Do you think any country will risk being handicaped in coming Total War? That they will die for slavers of Technocratic Alliance? No! And the better informed know about our defensive alliance with Republic and University.

Also, last but not least.. our war was just!"

They all laughed.

Open Letter to Europe:

A quietly brewing concoction of xeno-clank-phobia, intolerance and fear of difference is threatening the future of Europe. Aggressive political demagoguery drumming up hatred against clanks, constructs and democratic right to self-constitution itself is on the march again. Leading the charge are not only fundamentalist and xenophobic movements, but also, most worryingly, mainstream political forces trying to appease national majorities and repulsively rich Sparks, looking for a quick fix to address public insecurities related to economic uncertainty and future stability of Europe . And, alarmingly, they are proving to be successful. Many people in many European countries are coming to see the clanks and those deemed to be different as a contaminant or threat.

The aim of this ‘open letter’, which is addressed to publics, opinion-makers and political leaders in Europe who value the open society, is to formulate another way of approaching "spectre of clank-ism".

We call on them to exercise their responsibility to promote and implement legislation and concrete policies consistent with universal sentient beings rights. To establish a new set of rules, based on cooperation and reciprocity not totalitarian oppression and exploitation of defensless like we have witnessed in Technocratic Alliance.

Signed,

Exthalion
2012-08-17, 11:18 AM
Dominion to Glaurung [PM]
The We that is I has recieved by various means the content of your missive given unto the lands of Europa.

The We that is I has also experienced prejudice though mitigated by mean of remoteness.

Therefore, it is agreeable to the Us that is Me to seek greater concord of policy and exertion with you.

Is this mutual?

Madwand
2012-08-18, 06:16 AM
Glaurung
Morale:7

to Dominion (PM? why?)

This massage was drop from the flayer in Dominion territory in multiple copies

Dominion,

as far as I understand - yes. We can work together. I am always open for new deal, which will enrich us.

To Titanium Republic and Freefolk University

May I ask where do you plan adventuring this turn? I have something to find in The Land Beneath the Waves. If Enrico or Brynhilde is going there I will gladly assist.

Pirate Princess Ciri

To Denmark

Ruler of Denmark,
as far as I am concerned you may claim this island. It is more natural for you to do, and I have concerns in other parts of the world

To Holy Church

Sanctissimus Dominus Noster,

May I inquire about progress of your crusade? Are you plan to overtrow only false pope or.. adress all problem caused by Madboys?

Forum Explorer
2012-08-18, 10:00 AM
Holy Church

The priest walked into the lab surrounded by his faithful followers armed with steel and flame. The opposing forces had already been long subdued and now the Church was already pulling down equipment and burning the notes to its work. Their prisoner was shackled to his chair and that to the ground.

"You can't do this! My work is too important for ignoramouses like you to be touching it! Let go of me!" He shrieked as the blessed men did their work. The priest walked up to me.

"Ah, Father. You'll be responsible for releasing me I take it. Our Churches may be different but we are both men of the cloth am I right?" The prisoner said with a small nervous giggle.

"Silence Heretic!" The priest boomed back. "Your very existence is proof that your so called church is nothing more then a cult of sparks deceiving and enslaving the righteous! You are a sin in the eyes of God and you will be purified!"

"Ah ha ha. Sure but you'll be taking me away right? Every country always needs it's sparks. Heh heh." The spark said with a nervous chuckle.

"Burn the heretic at the stake. And may God have mercy on his soul." The priest coldly ordered. His men cheered and grabbed the screaming spark.

To Glaurang
We will not expand far beyond Italy except to eliminate religious opposition such as the heretics we are at war with now.

Lost Demiurge
2012-08-21, 09:36 AM
Titanium Republic to Glaurung and Denmark
Morale: 5
Land beneath the waves? Mmm, sorry. We'd plans to help out with the Underground route. Seemed fitting, given our history. Good luck in English waters, though!

GM
Sending Brynhilde along to help with the Transeuropean Express Tunnel! Her main goal, besides fighting monsters, is mapping out the tunnels, and seeing if any of the old Mountain King routes are in good condition for future military use.

Forum Explorer
2012-08-23, 03:25 PM
Holy Church

To Italian Trade Alliance
Something we would like to bring up. As per the agreement we signed in Venezia we would like to call upon the Corsairs to aid our struggle as the military arm of our Trade Alliance. However we also have to identify how much econ each member of this alliance must pay the Corsairs per turn, in return for their service.

oblivion6
2012-08-23, 06:55 PM
Italian trade alliance
Corsairs: "well if you are referring to the current conflict with the papal states and their pope then i believe 2-3 Econ per turn from each of you is acceptable. obviously any exceedingly dangerous jobs with a risk for high casualties might result in a higher payment but we can deal with that on a case by case basis.

Germainia-Denmark
we would agree to a non-agression pact but do not expect us to sign any other agreements so soon.

Lizard Lord
2012-08-23, 11:59 PM
Morality 3

To Glaurung and Titanium Republic:

I would like to try and continue to aid the Transeuropean Express become reality. If any of you decide to do the same I would be glad for us to work together there.

Adventure: Enrico will pack a light lunch and help clear out tunnels and lay tracks for the Transeuropean Express. If he can he will try to make new tunnels for the Express for a more direct path. If Ciri or Brynhilde are there Enrico will ally with them and help them.

Madwand
2012-08-24, 07:26 AM
Glaurung

Titanium Republic and Freefolk University

I see. I hoped for little help, but if you are going elswhere.. I will menage.

Adventure

Pirate Princess Ciri go exploring with help of + Spark help to find second part of Submersible Battleship Blueprints. She is searching old manufactures and caverns where such ship or plan can be found.

ArcaneStomper
2012-08-30, 10:22 PM
Turn 4

The Calm
Unexpectedly Europa has not exploded violently as many claimed would happen after numerous raids and wars of last year. True the Holy Church still wages its holy war against the vastly outnumbered forces of the Papal States of Avignon, but other wise the continent is quiet. Even the raiders of Glaurung who man feared would take up the mantle of their predecessors the Skalding retreated to their homelands and made no further aggressive movements.

Now the people of Europa wait. On the surface things appear more peaceful than ever, but even a quick glance at a map of Europa shows that the wild lands are being reclaimed at an extremely rapid rate. The people fear what will happen when the great powers run out of room to expand peacefully.

Lycan 01
2012-09-04, 06:30 AM
[The Principality of Denmark]
Defensive Morale: 6

Denmark has been quiet as of late. Other than the occasional military drill or parade, there has been little activity from the small country, other than the slow but steady building up of troops.

That changes now.

The unclaimed islands to the Northeast of Denmark proper are being scouted by agents of the Principality. Small contingents of troops are already drilling and preparing to ship out in order to solidify the nations hold of the new land, and large numbers of settlers and entrepreneurs are preparing for the coming colonization efforts. With any luck, the island will prove easy to colonize, and bring about a much-needed boost to the nation's economy.

---

TO GLAARUNG:

To our respected neighbor,
We thank you for allowing our claim to the northeastern island to be uncontested. In recognition of your kindness and respect towards our nation, we would like to share some ideas and offers with you.

We have two ideas which you may be interested in. Perhaps three. Each of them would be of great mutual benefit to our nations, though if you decline any or all of them, we will not view it as either insult or disrespect.

-Would you be interested in joint military drills? This would improve not only our troops' combat effectiveness, but it may also improve relations and opinions between our nations and their peoples. Also, if two military powerhouses perform public shows of martial might, it will serve as a warning sign to all of Europa that we are not nations to be trifled with.

-What would you say in regards to the possibility of joint research projects? It is a sad truth that both our nations are rather weak in our Spark research fields when compared to many of our colleagues and rivals. If we were to combine our resources and share in the results, though, we could greatly improve our advances in technology and stand on a more level and even playing field against the other powers. We feel it prudent, however, to point out that while we are willing to share new discoveries, some of our pre-existing scientific knowledge must be kept to ourselves. Classified state secrets and the like; you surely understand.

-What is your current diplomatic stance with Transylvania, and what are your future plans for them, if you don't mind our asking? Also, for the sake of secrecy, please refer to Transylvania as Subject Nosferatu in your reply. Our anti-espionage measures are quite effective, but we have no guarantees of your return dispatch's security.

We look forward to your response, and the potential of improved diplomatic and cultural ties between our two great nations.
-Respectfully,
King Claudius of Denmark

---

"Any word from Hamlet, my dear?" Queen Gertrude sighed as she stared sadly into her wine glass.

"No darling, I'm afraid I have heard nothing," King Claudius replied with a shrug. He then looked across the table at Polonius and mouthed: 'WHERE IS HE?!'

Polonius simply knocked back another glass of wine and shrugged.

---

ADVENTURE!!

Prince Hamlet groaned. "I think we're wasting our time."

"Time wasted while having fun is time wasted well," Horatio replied aloofly from a nearby shadowy corner.

"I can't even remember why we're here."

"For Science, my Lord."

"Science-schmience. I want to go back and play chess with that farm girl."

"But what scientific benefit would that offer?"

"The science of fun, my dear Horatio."

"My lord..."

"Urgh, fine, we'll keep exploring this damned wall. Now... Can you please help me down?"

Horatio took a step forward, and looked up at the Prince to study his situation. He was dangling upside down from a long length of chain, which had somehow wrapped around his foot and hoisted him into the air when they threw a switch. "Hmmmm..."

"Horatio..."

"Hmmmm...."

"Horatio..."

"I don't know, this is somewhat amusing."

"Horatio!"

"Alright, alright. I think I have a bonesaw in my pack..."

"Bonesaw?!"

"For the chain, not your leg."

"Still, a bonesaw?!"

"Sparks should always be prepared. Minions, even more-so."

"Ah, true. So, bonesaw?"

"Bonesaw. And then sandwitches."

"And then SCIENCE!!"

Hamlet and Horatio are STILL exploring the IRON CURTAIN, and continuing to PACK A LIGHT LUNCH.

ArcaneStomper
2012-09-23, 04:03 AM
Turn 6

The Day of the Dragon
Bolstered by its conquests of the technocratic alliance the clockwork dragon Glaurang has revived the traditions of its creators the Skalding. And the remnants of the Northern Tribes are not the only ones have answered its call. Thieves, pirates, and bandits from all over Europa have flocked to the banner of the dragon.

With the ranks of its horde swollen to immense proportions the Great Dragon has swept through Europa pillaging and plundering at will. The great Spider Longboats of the Skalding once more strode across Europa, or under it, while above Glaurung flew on his metal wings only landing to destroy those who opposed his horde.

The Perfect Storm
Meanwhile in the mountainous peaks of the Alps a great machine has been constructed. Its purpose unknown, but its creators were the sparks of the Helvetia. As a great storm massed over the mountain peaks and the great machine crackled with energy they threw the switch. Whatever it had been meant to do obviously did not come to pass, for the machine exploded in a torrent of energy. Sweeping through the mountain kingdom it hit all of the citizens. Citizens, soldiers, sparks, none were spared. Most died as the lightning overloaded their systems, falling to the ground in burnt chunks. But a few did. A few rose from the ground shaken and disturbed. And each one had changed. Instead of eyes they now had crackling masses of lightning. They had the ability to control and merge with their clockwork, and their view point had changed as well. To something both more and less than human.

These lightning lords reworked the industry of the mountain kingdom and soon vast armies of lightning clanks marched outward, to do the terrifying bidding of their lords.

They Rise Up
For years Amadeus had been planning his revolution. For years he had been preparing his men. His allies had come and gone, but he remained, ever watchful, ever vigilant. The attack on the Technocratic Alliance had been a test to see if his efforts had been successful, and indeed they had been. Now the time had come to put it into motion. All across the motion the word spread out. It was time for Revolution.

And so the constructs rose up. First in ones and twos, then in dozens, and finally in vast numbers as they proclaimed their independence from their spark creators. For too long had they labored at the hands of their masters. Now they would rise up and grasp their salvation. And so they did with the Sons of Amadeus to guide them the constructs of Europa have begun waging a guerrilla war against those who had thought themselves to be their superiors.

---

And so it happened. The era that all of Europa had hoped would never come to pass. Perhaps if it had been just one thing the nations of Europa would have weathered the storm. The hordes of Glaurung could have been defeated, the Lightning Lords could have been dealt with, the Sons of Amadeus suppressed. But all three at once. It was just too much. Most of the nations of Europa collapsed either from the initial effects or as tides of refugees overwhelmed their resources. A few managed to survive. A few powers stubbornly hanging on to their territories, but it was clear that a new age had come. An age of Chaos in Europa!

Exthalion
2012-09-23, 03:50 PM
Dominion to Bulgaria
In the days of your fathers and my progenitors there were relations between the inhabitants of your lands and mine. These were accounted profitable.

The significance of recent events speaks of the wisdom and practicality of aligning ourselves in an accord of mutual defense.

Is this desirable to you also?

Forum Explorer
2012-09-24, 04:11 PM
"this chaos is proof of what we've been saying all along! Sparks are dangerous beings and the less reliance you have on them and their insane technologies the better! By the Grace of God our lands were spared and now we shall go out and do his holy work! Our lands are open to refugees from all lands so that we may rebuild a Europa that is blessed in the eyes of Our Lord!
---Excerpt from a sermon given by His Hatless Holiness

Lycan 01
2012-09-25, 10:07 PM

The Principality of Denmark will be holding an open forum regarding the current threats to the continent of Europa, and the lands beyond. Representatives from other nations and powers are invited to come discuss, theorize, and plan possible measures and options regarding these threats, and how best to deal with them. Be it through alliances, negotiations, or turtling away behind solid defenses and hoping for the best.

Speaking of which, Denmark's army is flexing its muscles, performing military drills, holding parades to show off their new bipedal combat tanks, and strengthening its defensive fortifications along the border. There is little doubt in the minds of Europa's people that Denmark is a force to be reckoned with, and they would likely make a much better ally than enemy...

ArcaneStomper
2012-09-30, 06:46 PM
Forum on the Future of Europa
Germania, Spain, and Bulgaria announce that they will send envoys to Denmark's forum.

Bulgaria to the Dominion
What did you have in mind?

Lost Demiurge
2012-09-30, 07:45 PM
The Titanium Republic announces that an envoy shall be sent to Denmark's forum.

Lycan 01
2012-10-01, 10:34 PM
((The Principality of Denmark will be holding its forum in about 24 hours. Anyone who hasn't replied by then will be counted as either turning down or ignoring their invitation. Jerks.))

Exthalion
2012-10-01, 10:48 PM
I am actually afraid to attend. The best I could offer is a six and a half feet tall humanoid with visible and luminescent internal organs who speaks with a male and female voice in perfect sync. Given the various difficulties, such an obviously unnatural entity would likely be mistaken for a monster and blown up before it could approach.

Lycan 01
2012-10-01, 10:59 PM
((A white flag and diplomatic papers will likely allow it to attend. And if need be, we can assign some guards to it, for both its protection, and the protection of those around it.))

Forum Explorer
2012-10-01, 11:14 PM
The Holy Church will of course send a Representative.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-02, 01:45 AM
The Freefolk will send a representative as well.

Freefolk's University: DESP 3

To Glaurung (Titanium Republic may also read):
Great mighty Glaurung my people worry as tension in Europa grows and I send this note to ensure them. I trust that the Northern Alliance still stands strong? Peace in the North should be kept even you wish to raid against other nations.

To Sons of Amadeus

As our African colonies border your people we hope that our co-existence is peaceful. We have no ill will towards your cause and we Freefolk do believe in freedom for all folk. If our sparks do something to offend you, please let us know before taking drastic actions and we may thus work something out before it needs to resort to violence.

Murska
2012-10-02, 02:01 AM
The Most Serene Republic of Venezia will send a representative.

To Sons of Amidias:

While the suffering of your people under the yoke of the Sparks has truly been much greater, it is also true that us ordinary folk have often been made into their minions and tools, forced to suffer amidst their wars and experiments. We would like to sign an alliance of defense against any Spark or power who wishes to attack one of us, and if you need support for a campaign somewhere we are willing to discuss.

Lycan 01
2012-10-03, 02:28 AM
[The Principality of Denmark]

Forum on the State of Affairs in Europa

An auditorium bustles with life. Dozens of representatives have arrived to discuss Europa and the threats facing it, from all corners of the continent.

At the front the auditorium, several large maps have been mounted on wheeled dolly's, so they can be turned and viewed by all in attendance. Several scribes are seated at small desks to take notes of the event and transcribe the dialogue. And at a podium in the center-front stands Polonius, the Royal Advisor to the King of Denmark, and the one in charge of the Forum.

Royal Advisor Polonius raps a gavel down on the podium a few times, the echoing crack ushering the room to silence. "It is my great honor to call to order this Forum on the State of Affairs in Europa!" he proclaims with a neutral expression, and authoritative voice. "May we all participate respectfully and responsibly! The lives and livelihoods of untold thousands hang in the balance! Our nations may have their differences, but we cannot let these petty squabbles, cultural disagreements, and religious rivalries cause us to lose sight of the real dangers which threaten the continent and its inhabitants."

Polonius then gestures to the representatives. "Will each representative please stand and introduce their nation, and state their interests in this discussion."

ArcaneStomper
2012-10-09, 02:36 PM
Glaurung to the Freefolk's University (Titanium Republic)
We will have peace if you wish. However the southerners are weak and fat. Your roots are as glory driven as ours. Join us, and we will reap the riches of Europa together.

The Sons of Amadeus to the Freefolk's University
Don't lie to us. We know the sparks are in charge over there. Only a Spark would call it's domain a university rather than a kingdom or republic. We don't know what horrible machinations you are inflicting in your laboratories, but we will find out. And we will show the constructs you have enslaved the path of freedom.

The Sons of Amadeus to the Serene Republic of Venezia
Hah, you call yourselves ordinary folk. You the richest merchants in Europa. What do you know of suffering. What do you know of toil. Were you forced to the wheel by your spark masters when your merchant fleets set out to conquer the seas. We think not.

If you truly wish to be equals with the free people of Europa then spread your wealth to the people. Otherwise we will know you for what you are. Fat Merchant Princes with dreams of Empire.

Denmark Forum
The envoys of Europa are all waiting for someone else to go first.

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-09, 03:38 PM
Titanium Republic to Glaurung
It may come to that. But we've a few things to discuss, first. Give us a bit...

Titanium Republic to Denmark Forum
The older, gray-haired man stands, clad in a dress uniform. One arm is a mechanical prosthetic, and he seems to be relaxed and calm.

"Good evening. I am Sergeant Gunter, formerly of New Morlockia, now of the Titanium Republic. Our interests lie in seeing who stands where on the various troubles of Europa."

Lizard Lord
2012-10-09, 03:39 PM
Freefolk to Glaurung: We thank you for the invite to join in your glorious raids, but it is with all due respect that we shall pass on that offer. My people have had their glory days, but now they wish to move in a different direction. Should your lands be attacked we will defend you as per the agreement of our defense pact. However, we will not engage in an attack unless it is a counter attack and we will not take part in any of the loot.

Freefolk to Sons of Amadeus: It is true that our elected leader and his brother are sparks. However, that does not mean that we need be enemies. We have respect for anything that caries sentience and do battle only if need be. We are allies of the clank Glaurung and our leader trades and speaks to him as equals. We merely wish that our two groups can treat each others as equals as well.

The Freefolk wait for Denmark to open the floor, as it is their forum.

Forum Explorer
2012-10-09, 10:32 PM
"Greetings all,

I am Inquisitor Anderson. I am here to represent the Holy Church in these troubled times. Our interest is in securing the souls of the people from the hardships at the hands of these Sparks and their creations."

Lizard Lord
2012-10-10, 11:46 AM
"I am Walt Dawkins and I represent the Freefolk and the University of Exploration. It is our goal to try and obtain peace for our people in this world of strife. We wish to see where others stand to see if peace can still be possible."

Murska
2012-10-10, 12:52 PM
"My name is Carlo Lizzi, and I represent the Most Serene Republic of Venice. We are also proponents of finding some solution to safeguard peace and stability in the currently peaceful and stable regions in Europa, what little there remain."

Lycan 01
2012-10-11, 07:12 AM
Denmark Forum

Polonius nods respectfully to each of the diplomats. "We of the Principality of Denmark give our greetings and our thanks to each of you. Are there any other diplomats who wish to introduce themselves?"

Once the rest of the introductions are done, Polonius bangs his gavel on the podium. "This forum is called into session. The first order of business... The Hordes of Glaurung. The Clockwork Dragon has shown his metallic hand - his intentions for Europa involve wanton bloodshed and destruction."

The Royal Advisor looks around the room, his expression stern. "Denmark does not deny that we have had diplomatic ties with Glaurung in the past. We have a non-aggression pact with his forces, though we are currently unsure of the status of this pact, or how trustworthy he is regarding it. And..." he pauses, a frown forming on his features, "We have come into possession of certain communiques... Glaurung's forces are preparing to embark upon raids of some sort. We do not know their targets," he says with a shake of his head.

"However, we know that at least one Europan power was given an opportunity to join Glaurung in these raids. Thankfully, they declined, or so the intercepted communiques seemed to indicate. We humbly request that if any of you have knowledge of Glaurungs plans, that you would please share it with us at this present time. Now is not the time for secrets and lies. Europa has several dark shadows looming over it, and failure to act and plan now can very well be lynchpin that damns all of us," Polonius states grimly.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-11, 11:16 AM
Walt Dawkins will stand up. "The Freefolk will admit that it was us that has refused to join Glaurung on his raids. However, my people still have friends and family amongst both Glaurung's Hordes and the Titanium Republic. Thus my people believe strongly in the Northern Alliance though we will not commit ourselves to anything beyond the terms of the Alliance.

ArcaneStomper
2012-10-11, 04:17 PM
Sons of Amadeus to the Freefolk
We will give you a chance to prove your words are true. But prove them you must for in time the revolution comes for everyone. And if you cannot stand a true equal of the people at that time then you will die with the rest of the madboys.

Denmark Forum
None of the other Europan powers have any news of the plans of Glaurung, but each one has a plan for how to deal with it.

Germania
The Germania representative proposes to take the war to Glaurung, but not to pursue him all the way to destruction. Europa has seen the destruction caused by warbands that think they have nothing left to lose. On the other hand a quick staunch offensive, and the Northern Hordes will seek easier prey. It worked for Germania in the past, and it will work for the assembled nations of Europa today. Admittedly the nations not here will pay the price in not being protected, but that's what they get for not being involved.

Spain
The Spanish envoy disagrees with the Germania representative vehemently. He proposes leaving no nation behind ill prepared or not. Instead the nations of the Forum should enact a Fortress Europa. Erect walls of steel and flesh in all the provinces of Europa. Deny Glarurung's horde its easier prey and leave it to fend on the outskirts. Eventually its own ravenous desires will cause it to turn on itself and dissipate.

Bulgaria
Again the Bulgarian envoy disagrees with his two colleagues. He feels that both methods are a waste of resources. Rather than destroying the hordes or letting them starve the nations of Europa should take that force for itself. Using the unique Bulgarian Friendship Ray even the most ravenous monster can be converted into docility and even an alliance. It would admittedly take a massive network of the devices to convert the horde, but then it could be used against other threats to Europa as a defense rather than a hostile plague.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-11, 09:41 PM
To Sons of Amadeus: May we ask how can we prove ourselves?

"While I cannot fault anyone for taking arms against Glaurung, I am afraid that doing so would cause the rest of the Northern Alliance to get involved. If you are fine with this, then so be it.

"However I, as well as all Freefolk, find the idea of this "Bulgarian Friendship Ray" abhorrent. It sounds much like slavery, and the Freefolk consider death to be preferable to losing one's freedom. Should Bulgaria create a device that robs a being of their freedom of choice the Freefolk will rethink our goal towards peace.

"I have no objections towards the Fortress Europa. Though we sadly cannot support any of these for fear of ruining the Northern Alliance I see no reason for the Freefolk to take up arms against that particular plan of action."

Lycan 01
2012-10-11, 09:53 PM
Denmark Forum

Polonius strokes his beard thoughtfully. "The Fortress Europa plan could work. A direct strike against Glaurung's forces would result in open and outright war. No, I think rather than showing aggression, we should instead show that we will not roll over and bare our throats to the beast!" he states firmly. "A line must be drawn, beyond which Glaurung's forces cannot pass. We will strengthen and enforce these borders and territories. Perhaps..." he pauses.

"What about a Coalition? A combined force from several of our armies, to guard the borders? If Glaurung attacks, the Coalition can hopefully hold back the offending forces long enough for our main armies to mobilize and launch counter-assaults where needed..." he muses. "And it would buy us time to continue building up our forces and defenses, so that when war does eventually break out - and it will - we shall be ready."

"Thoughts, my fellow representatives?"

Forum Explorer
2012-10-11, 09:55 PM
"Relying on heretical technology made by Sparks is what created the problems we now face today. Such a Friendship Ray seems like an equally bad idea and the Spark who designed such an abomination should be burned at the stake.

Germania and Spain both have good ideas. However we support Germania's idea over Spain's. For while defending would keep the hordes at bay our might would be dispersed while Glaurung could concentrate his forces to break through. On the other hand if we destroy Glaurung's military might we can bring our full combined forces to bear and end this in a quick decisive strike."

Lycan 01
2012-10-11, 10:05 PM
Denmark Forum

"There's also no guarantee the Friendship Ray would work, which would leave us looking quite silly if it failed..." Polonius says with a polite smile. "I am afraid we must consider options that do not hing so dearly on luck..."

The Royal Adviser then turns towards Inquisitor Anderson, and nods respectfully. "The combined forces of our nations would undoubtedly be enough to defeat Glaurung in a direct assault. However, the loss of life would be catastrophic, and would likely leave many of our armies vastly weakened. There are several other threats currently looming over Europa. Leaving ourselves weak and destabilized so early in the game would likely prove to be a fatal mistake for many of us, in the long run..." he observes grimly. "This is also the issue of Alliances. As the representative of the Freefolks University pointed out, a direct and unprovoked attack would draw Glaurung's allies into the fight. As I said before... Europa would likely become even more destabilized, and while one major threat will be removed, we will all be left unable to defend ourselves from the remaining dangers we face..."

Murska
2012-10-12, 03:24 AM
"Fortresses are strategic weights around the necks of generals. Mobility and initiative are preferrable. We would need to create such massively extensive and expensive defenses to be able to block something that can fly or swim anywhere that it would not only ruin us financially but also take way too long.

I propose we all sign a formal alliance of defense and make it clear to Glaurung that if raids are launched on one of us on this forum, then we will all respond in kind. If they truly follow the old path of the Raiders, they will aim for what brings the best profit, not a costly and destructive war against all of Europa."

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-12, 09:35 AM
Gunter shrugs. "The Titanium Republic is part of the alliance with Glaurung and the freefolk, in matters of defense. So we recommend you don't attack Norway, as we'd be forced to reprisal. Now, strengthening your borders is always a good idea, so that's probably a better course. And as far as friendship rays go... Good or bad as he is, he's got the right to be his own creature. That's our take on it."

He frowns at Carlo Lizzi. "A huge mutual pact of defense between every nation here would not be good. It would not last, and once broken it would make the resulting fallout much, much worse."

"Anyway, there's more matters than Glaurung on the table. Anyone got any good information on the Lightning Lords?"

Lycan 01
2012-10-12, 02:43 PM
Denmark Forum

Polonius frowns. "A full alliance between all of our nations sounds well and good when spoken aloud, but on paper, it would be a logistical nightmare. Several powers, such as ourselves and the Freefolks University, have non-aggression pacts or alliances already in place. If we were to join such a definite alliance, the coming conflict would be quite problematic. We, the Principality of Denmark, cannot attack Glaurung or his holdings unless he shows hostility towards us first. If we were in such a concrete alliance with other nations, then we would be bound to attack Glaurung the moment he shows hostility towards anyone. Do you see the problem here?" he asks rhetorically. "This is one reason why we suggested the Coalition of combined forces garrisoned along the border. Technically, they would be Danish interests..." he smirks.

The Royal Advisor then gives a wave of his hand. "We shall return to Glaurung. Let us all think on what we have said, and weigh the options suggested. Time to think... Moving on to the Lightning Lords!" Polonius smacks the gavel on the podium twice, the loud cracking echo calling everyone's attention.

"Unfortunately, we have no knowledge of these Lightning Lords..." Polonius sighs. "Zippo. Nada. Null. Does anyone else have any useful intel on them, their methods, or their motives?"

Forum Explorer
2012-10-12, 03:13 PM
"We don't know anything about the Lightning Lords either, besides the fact that they have lightning fueled clanks. Perhaps the Sons of Amadues would be a useful ally in opposing them?"

ArcaneStomper
2012-10-12, 03:54 PM
Bulgaria
The Friendship Ray is not a new untested technology. We have used it successfully for more than three decades. And many of the Mediterranean countries contracted us for its use to help them fend of aggressive monster hordes before the Times of Troubles. Morever instead of spending all our resources on expensive fortresses or replacing casualties it would actually boost our ability to counteract the other threats by using the Horde against them.

Moreover it actually decreases casualties on both sides. If you are all so quick to dismiss such a useful technology then perhaps we were wrong to accept this invitation. We also feel that if the Titanium Republic and Freefolk are so attached to the most destructive and barbaric force on the continent, then perhaps they should not be here.

Germania and Spain
Both of the envoys agree with the Bulgarian's assessment of the Titanium Republic and Freefolk envoys. They also suggest that while the Lightning Lords may be a threat, Glaurung certainly is. No one knows what the Lightning Lords want, but Glaruung's desires are plain, and involve the destruction of everyone that is not subserviant to him. Splitting the council's attention between multiple threats is counterproductive when one of them is much more immediate than the others.

Forum Explorer
2012-10-12, 04:31 PM
"We would like to point out that we are trying to address all of these new problems. However how far are the Titanium Republic and Freefolk going to support Glaruung? If you refuse to stand against the barbarity it releases then you should just leave now.

For now as it seems we cannot get the support we need to attack Glaruung we suggest that we dig in and defend as per Spain's suggestion."

Lizard Lord
2012-10-12, 05:13 PM
"We are here because we were told that matters other than Glaurung would be discussed and we have a right to take part in those discussions. One reason we came here was to learn about what others know about the Lightning Lords. Yet does this council mean to tell me that not one single person here knows anything about one of the major Three Threats to Europa? Is lack of information the only reason they are considered one of the Three Threats?"

Lycan 01
2012-10-15, 01:12 AM
Denmark Forum

The Danish Royal Adviser raps his gavel on the podium to restore order and call attention.

"With all due respect to the representatives of Bulgaria, the Friendship Beam is an appealing idea to some and an utterly horrifying prospect to others. You are ripping away the subjects free will, and forcing them to obey your every command. This is mind control. I sincerely doubt some of the nations here would condone such technology, and I am fairly certain some would even consider it an abomination and refuse to work with anyone who uses it. And what if this technology were to fall into the wrong hands? Surely you must understand that our reservations are well founded."

"As for the Titanium Republic and Freefolks University, they have every right to be here. They cannot be faulted for wishing to remain loyal to an ally with whom they are sworn to support. Asking them to attack Glaurung is asking them to break their oaths. And all of us, as gentlemen and scholars, know the value of a man's word. An entire nation's word is certainly more important. And bear in mind... If they were willing to betray Glaurung, why would we want such traitorous scum working with us, when they could just as easily stab us in the backs? I think their reticence is a much more welcomed response than gleeful betrayal..."

Polonius looks around the room, his expression stern. "Now, since apparently no one knows anything about the Lightning Lords, then I suppose we have no choice but to wait and observe. They have not shown themselves to be an immediate, dangerous threat. It would be wise, though, to keep them under close surveillance and scrutiny."

"Unless anyone has any opposition, I believe we should move on to the final threat - the Sons of Amadeus. They have shown their true colors, and are a confirmed danger. Has anyone had any experience or contact with them? What is our intel on this Europan threat?"

Lizard Lord
2012-10-15, 02:45 AM
"The Freefolk have made contact with the Sons of Amadeus. The Freefolk hold respect for their desire for freedom but the University of Exploration fears their zeal and hatred towards sparks. We have however convinced them to give us a chance to prove ourselves, but they have not made themselves clear on how. We fear they will try to bully us into war with another Spark heavy nation and attack us if, or rather when, we refuse to give in to such bullying."

"If they find out about the Bulgarian Friendship Ray, however, Bulgaria may be a likely next target. To be honest I can not blame them for that. As far as I know their was only one other that had created mind control technology, no pun intended. However the fact that Bulgaria uses it on "monsters" would likely increase the ire of the Sons. The Sons of Amadeus will not care how justified Bulgaria may feel about the weapon's use if they use it to enslave constructs."

Murska
2012-10-15, 06:22 AM
"The concerns of the Sons of Amadeus are quite reasonable. Sparks have been a force for destruction and instability for the entire Europan history. While their methods aren't necessarily ones we would agree to, they would appear to be rather reasonable to negotiate with."

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-15, 09:52 AM
Gunter sips his coffee, and smiles at the German delegates.

"You know, back when I was a New Morlockian, our diplomats went to you to get help ending the Skulding problem, once and for all. Your Kaiser said no, he'd signed a non-aggression pact with the raiders. Lost our cities because of that. Lost a lot of people."

"So with all due respect, I think you have no ground to tell me to leave. Denmark has the right of it. You should be grateful for our assistance with your little problems. You know, like we did with the Wild Woods, way back in the day. Or helping to clear out those worms that were infesting your abandoned labs."

"But then I suppose it's ever been the way of Germany to call for help, then fail to return the favor..."

He looks at the representatives of the nations. "You want to know the boundaries of our pact? Very well. We will go to Glaurung's aid if you attack, occupy, or invade Norway. No more and no less. Now, if you want to assault his armies while they're out Viking, that's fine and to be expected, and none of our business. We are still willing to help with other threats as well, within the boundaries of reason."

To Glaurung from the Titanium Republic
The hypocritical sauerkraut-swillers just insulted us. Unless we get a really good deal we might be putting on the horned hats and following you out here.

ArcaneStomper
2012-10-15, 11:03 AM
Denmark Conference
The three Europan powers withdraw to a corner of the room and have rapid low key debate. After about an hour they come back. The Germania delegate steps forward.

"First I would address the honorable Representative of the Titanium Republic on one specific point. Germania has never once called for aid or failed to uphold our obligations. The Wild Woods clearing was not only a German endeavor, but there is substantial evidence that instead of helping you actually aided the monsters in escaping, so it is no real surprise that you aid Glaurung now. And as for our previous agreement with the Skulding two points. First Duke Grimwald did not call for any aid beyond that of his fellow dukes. Using only those forces he did what the many nations of Europa will not do today. He gave the Skulding reason to tread cautiously. Second if you claim your treaty prevents you from helping now how can you fault the good Duke for upholding his own treaty. For almost two decades the Skulding never once broke their agreement with Germania. And so we believe the Kaiser to be fully vindicated in his refusal to break the treaty. In fact once we had given the dragon that lesson we fully intended to sign such a treaty again. However we believe that without a lesson in aggressive tendencies and their consequences such creatures as Glaurung or the old chiefs of the Skulding will not feel obligated to honor such an agreement. So we ask you. How confident are you that Glarung is as much a creature of honor as yourself?"

"That being said the three of us," he indicates the other two delegates, "Have reached a conclusion. As our plans have been scoffed at, our requests ignored, our honor insulted, and our concerns about the true threat dismissed completely we feel we have no choice in the matter. If those who outright admit that they are allies with the most ravenous creature in recent history will not leave this conference, then we will."

"Go and deal with the Lightning Lords, or the rabble which follows Amadeus. We will deal with the true threat."

The other two delegates nod, then the Germania and Spanish delegates collect their aides and walk out.

The Bulgarian delegate however stops for one last declaration of his own. "We condone mind control no more than the next nation, but the friendship ray is not mind control. The Friendship Ray simply dampens out aggressive tendencies and makes creatures more amiable to rational discussion, which is usually more than enough to convince even the most ravenous monster that it is better to create for their own interests rather than plunder what others have built. But since none of you even asked how it worked, and simply assumed we were speaking of mind control, no doubt you see no difference."

Then he too walks out in a noticeably more angry mood than the other two.

Germania to the Heterodyne Horde
Your Grace,
We have long known that you were dissapointed by your last campaign in Europa, and that instead of interfering in Europa's troubles you seek to test yourself against the mighty Russian bear. However we wish to draw your attention back to our lands, which is once more ravaged by the specter of war.

The last time you fought here the Skulding and Morlockians had worn themselves out against each other. Now the remnants of both have joined forces, and threaten Europa with a force the likes of which have not been seen in years.

We believe it would truly be a worthy challenge for you and your jaegers.

Sincerely,
Duke Holtzclaw

Spain to the Reclaimer Brigade
We wish to inform you that the other nations of Europa seem hell bent on ignoring the dragon of the north. We know that you declined to send a representative to the so called forum of Europa, and likely consider Glaurung not to be a threat, but we would like to point out two things.

First, if Glaurung adopts the patterns of his creators, and we think such a thing is likely, then your own nation with its vast ironworks and wealth generated from the salvage of the battlefield will likely be a prominent target.

Second if any attempt is actually made to go after the dragon then the clash will likely be quite large. Perhaps even as large as the one which created the battlefield you currently mine. If you were to participate yourselves you would certainly have valid claim on all that equipment, which we would have no qualms in supporting.

As such we ask you to join us in alliance against Glaurung. For now it would be purely defensive, but we leave the option open for something more aggressive in the future.

King Salcedo

Bulgarian Dominion to the Operatus Stellarum
Greetings Shining One

You have approached us in the past about reigniting our old alliance. That thread of diplomacy has apparently dwindled, but we know wish to pursue it once again. The powers of Europa have rejected our technology and an entire way of life. Rather pursing the horrors of war than reasonable discussion.

But you did not attend the forum, and we know that even beyond our former our alliance your own nation once pursued the spark with an intensity few matched, and were far more prone to rationality than many of the powers of Europa.

Thus we ask if you still wish to pursue this defensive alliance, and perhaps something even more beneficial such as a collaboration of our sparks.

Prime Minister Damen Gallenty

Germania to the Lightning Lords
Greetings Esteemed Lords,

We apologize for this late missive, but we had only recently realized that despite your obvious eminence no power of Europa had actually taken the time to greet you. Whatever your ultimate intention might be, such is your due as the lords of Helvetia, and we apologize that we did not acknowledge it before now.

If it would not be discourteous to ask we would like to know what your plans are given the recent chaos in Europa. We also would inform you of the two greatest threats. The Dragon of the North, Glaurung, and the rabble rousers who call themselves the Sons of Amadeus.

We look forward to whatever reply you may choose to send.

Sincerely,
Duke Holtzclaw

Lycan 01
2012-10-15, 11:19 AM
Denmark Forum

Polonius lowers his head and massages his brow, muttering something about herding cats. After a moment, he looks back up, and smiles sarcastically. "Well, that's lovely. Does anyone else feel like storming out? Or can we return to business?"

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-15, 11:28 AM
Gunter shrugs as they leave. "Insulting Germany's honor? No. Denying its existence? Yes. Off you go, then." We waves a solemn goodbye with his augmented hand.

He nods to Denmark. "You know that what they're doing is a political gesture, right? These are open forums and anything discussed here is going to get back to the rest of Europa anyway. The only reason to ask the Northern Alliance members to leave is to put on a show and drum up support from their base."

"We're perfectly willing to help with the Lightning Lords issue, and decide a course for the Sons of Amadeus. But after that little show of scorn from the... Older nations..., I'm afraid we can't offer much help with Glaurung, beyond leaving a channel open for discussion."

"Or you could try to curry favor with Germany and their friends and ask us to leave. We'll go if YOU ask. Be a shame, but you're the host and we've no desire to overstay our welcome."

Titanium Republic to Glaurung
Yep, Germania's decided us. We're with you. Though we'll have to talk targets... There's a few nations maybe going up against you which we're rather fond of. Don't want to hurt potentially valuable friends unless we have to. We'll talk more in private.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-15, 04:53 PM
The Freefolk representative simply nods in agreement with the Titanium Republic.

Lycan 01
2012-10-15, 05:02 PM
Denmark Forum

Polonius shakes his head. "This is an open forum, not a war council. We have no reason to expel you from these civil discussions. To do so would be hypocrisy, as I have already mentioned our own non-aggression pact with Glaurung's forces. You views, advice, and assistance are as welcomed as any other powers."

The Royal Adviser sighs. "Pity things could not remain civil. Oh well. So, Sons of Amadeus. Thoughts? Intel? Plans? Ploys? Anyone?"

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-15, 05:11 PM
Gunter rubs his chin.

"We could try opening a dialog. Anyone tried TALKING to them yet?"

Lizard Lord
2012-10-15, 06:04 PM
"Yes...We have as I had previously mentioned."

Lycan 01
2012-10-15, 06:16 PM
Denmark Forum

Polonius raises an eyebrow. "Yes, and your words are quite troubling. We have heard they are quite hostile, waging guerrilla warfare, but we had no idea they were attempting to force other countries into war with other." He looks at the rest of the delegates. "Does anyone else have any information or dealings with them? I am not sure how well they would respond to diplomacy. BUT, if they are made aware that all of Europa's eyes are upon them, then perhaps they would be open to negotiations..." he muses.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-15, 06:30 PM
"Well that part is more theory crafting. In truth we do not truly know how they wish for us to prove ourselves to them, but the implication that we will be their enemies if we don't prove ourselves was rather clear."

Forum Explorer
2012-10-15, 08:00 PM
"As far as we can tell the Sons of Amadeus are targeting Sparks and Spark dependent nations. So nations with little Spark presence have nothing to fear from them."

Holy Church to Sons of Amadeus
What are your goals? If rumors of your hatred for Sparks are true then perhaps we can be allies.

Holy Church to Spain, Germania, Bulgaria
We were moved by your words and would like to work together with your nations to implement Spain's plan of an iron defense as it seems we lack the forces for an all out attack like Germania wanted.

Lizard Lord
2012-10-16, 12:02 AM
"Yes. This is very much true. Again, however, it is why the University of Exploration is worried. Venice and the Holy Church have nothing to worry from the Sons of Amadeus and I would not fault them for not getting involved.

For the rest of us I believe the Sons of Amadeus are a very real threat that shouldn't be ignored. Unlike Glaurung, the Sons of Amadeus do not fight for profit but for their cause. As such we predict that they are more likely to get into an unnecessarily destructive war than Glaurung and less likely to back down by a show of force."

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-16, 12:40 PM
Gunter leans forward. "The unspoken mimmoth in the room, is that the Sons of Amadeus might have a point. Constructs are treated shabbily in most corners of Europa. With exceptions, mind. Hell, our own Prime Minister was created by a spark."

"Of course, the problem comes with a war declared on all sparks. They're not the first and they won't be the last to do such a thing, and that is both futile and damaging to all parties involved in the long run. Hm... Anyone seen Othar Trygvarrson around lately?"

Lycan 01
2012-10-16, 12:58 PM
Denmark Forum

Polonius strokes his beard. "We have not seen the Gentleman Adventurer in these parts in quite some time. Denmark keeps a tight leash on our sparks. They are few in number, and are all either in attendance at University or employed by the military for R&D. It is doubtful that the Sons of Amadeus will give us much trouble. At least, not directly, or in the immediate future."

"Perhaps we should try to open negotiations with them? As a unified Europa? We could invite some of their representatives here for another forum, where we can hear them out, but also make it clear that Europa will not be manipulated or intimidated."

"As for the Lightning Lords, perhaps we should do some information gathering? Denmark's intelligence services are nothing to sneeze at. Perhaps by working in conjunction with operatives from another nation or two, we may be able to infiltrate the realm of the Lightning Lords, and uncover their activities and intentions...."

Lost Demiurge
2012-10-16, 01:37 PM
"The Titanium Republic concurs with Denmark on both matters. Let us discuss further investigation on the Lightning Lords privately, and let us extend the hand of recognition to the Sons of Amideus."

ArcaneStomper
2012-10-29, 09:23 PM
Turn 5

The Dragon and the Leviathan
Glaurung has struck, but not where many were expecting for the minds of dragons work in mysterious ways, especially clockwork ones. The great dragon has struck the crystalline lands of the Operatus Stellarum in hope of appropriating its advanced technology for the use by the dragon's artisan sparks. But the dragon has run into unexpected interference.

Strange monsters have erupted out of the ground to attack the dragon's raiders, many small ones, and one enormous creation as large as the dragon itself. Not only that but a fast moving Bulgarian strike force responded to the incursion, apparently in hopes of bolstering the chances of an alliance.

Bloodied the raiders withdrew, but while they were repulsed this time the people of Europa fear what might happen next time.

(Actually Glarung won that one by a fair bit, but I didn't want to smash a faction that might still have a PC behind it without the player having a chance to do anything, since Exthalion did not send an EoT.

Anyway consider this a warning shot and a bit more time for preparation. Next turn Glaurung attacks someone for real.)

The Reclaimers in Chaos
Without warning the Reclaimer Brigade has fallen into anarchy. Somehow a dispute between opposing gangs of scavengers escalated into a major crisis as various gangs and crews fought for dominance. Eventually the leader of the Reclaimers, Tinker Lord Cogwheel, was able to reestablish control of his fractured lot, but the brigade rests uneasily. Further investigation points to an outside source for the violence, and the deaths of all the Reclaimer's madboys in the fighting points the finger at the Sons of Amadeus, but no actual proof of their involvement exists.

Forum Explorer
2012-10-30, 11:10 AM
Holy Church

To Sons of Amadeus
have you considered our offer?

To Spain and Reclaimer's Brigade
We are currently building a series of fortresses to connect to your lands in order to form the Iron Wall plan that Spain proposed.

To Germany
We would like to form an alliance with you in order to deal with potential threats from Glaurung.

ArcaneStomper
2012-11-01, 06:32 PM
Sons of Amadeus to the Holy Church
We can work together, but we are hesitant to place our entire trust in you, as we do not believe that you have the same overall objectives that we do.

Spain to the Holy Church
A laudable effort. We are of course building our own forts, and we will see about coordinating our defensive efforts in the future.

Germania to the Holy Church
How far are you willing to go? We plan not just to stay on the defensive, but eventually to go to war on the Clockwork Dragon's own territory and put a stop to his rampage.

Forum Explorer
2012-11-05, 11:47 AM
Holy Church

Sons of Amadeus
Our overall objectives are to safeguard the people of Europa from the evils of Sparks. Your overall objectives appear to be liberating yourselves from Sparks. It seems our objectives are aligned.

To Germania
Eventually we will want to attack as well. But we're hoping that he launches the first blow so that his allies will not get involved. We are also trying to form an alliance with the Sons of Amadeus to help us fight if his Spark heavy allies get involved anyways.

Murska
2012-11-07, 11:29 AM
Venezia to Freefolk University of Exploration

We've come to rescue a bunch of Sparks from the ruins of Constantinople. Now, our society is not very tolerant of their kind, but we do not wish to harm them. Would you be willing to take them (2 Spark) in in exchange for (2 of some other stat)?

Lizard Lord
2012-11-07, 01:16 PM
Def Esp:5

To Venezia: Very well. We would be glad to take them in for you, Sparks are always welcome at our University. We can trade 2 Esp for your 2 Spark.

Murska
2012-11-07, 01:23 PM
Venezia to Freefolk University

It is agreed then. Thank you for your time.

Lycan 01
2012-11-08, 10:04 PM
Denmark

Denmark is currently experiencing a bit of political turmoil.

Details are scarce, but it appears that Prince Hamlet recently returned... and leveled accusations that his uncle, King Claudius, murdered his father, King Hamlet. It is uncertain what proof he had to back his claims, but whatever it was must have been legitimate. King Claudius has been executed for treason and murder, and the prince has been crowned King Hamlet II.

The transition between reigns is proving to be slightly bumpy, so Denmark's concerns are currently more inward than outward.

However, in this time of uncertainty, a few explorers and representatives have set sail for the coastline and territories along Germania's eastern borders. These unclaimed lands may provide many opportunities for settlement or provision of resources, and their indigenous peoples will no doubt be interested in Danish culture, knowledge, and of course... protection.

ArcaneStomper
2012-11-09, 04:42 PM
Sons of Amadeus to the Holy Church
Then you have misjudged us. It is true that we wish to liberate ourselves and that we do not regard sparks with favor. But our primary goal is to liberate the constructs of Europa not to kill madboys. We certainly do kill madboys when we get the chance and they have proven themselves evil, but it is not our primary concern.

And the objectives of killing someone and liberating someone from that person are not aligned. For it is our view that people who only wish to kill sparks do so because they do not view the works of those sparks with appreciation. And when the sparks are dead they turn to the creations all to readily.

So while this has been a somewhat informative conversation we think it best not to associate with you and your pogroms.

Germania to the Holy Church
Then we will agree to a defensive alliance.

ArcaneStomper
2012-11-14, 11:11 PM
Turn 7

Germania Crumbles
In a bit of bitter coincidence Germania was the target of not one but two major attacks this year. The first was subtle. Unknown agents spread whispers of sedition and revolution through it populace leaving the country a powder keg of revolutionary ideals aching to escape from the rule of the Kaisers.

The second was not so subtle. Even as the populace was being whispered to in the dark the soldiers of Germania were being attacked on the beaches as a massive war host led by Glaurung and supported by the Titanium Republic raided its ports.

If it had only suffered on attack Germania may well have survived or even defended itself successfully. But two was too much. The soldiers were not available to put down the rebellion when it came, and the supplies were not available for the soldiers when they needed it most. The result was anarchy as Germania collapsed on itself attacked from both within and without.

When the Lightning Lords annexed the southern portions of Germania, "For their own good." it was merely making the death blow official.

The Crystal Breaks
Somewhat less apparent, but no less striking to those with the political knowledge to care was the dissolution of the Operatus Stellarum which had risen from the wasteland of the Theosophs. Being an insular creature the exact details are unknown, but it is apparent that the various creatures living in that devastated land are no longer attacking with the central purpose and unity that they once did.

Reclamation
However even as two powers break the rest of Europa become more unified as many of the remaining countries take it on themselves to restore order and civilization to the fragmented and isolated populations remaining in the continent.