PDA

View Full Version : Duo Campaign - Rorik / Ballista

Linguz
2012-07-01, 06:30 PM
Solar Island (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1GgwLq90eVqsL0K7TIflHi37mUz1Y_UKWbKo5oD4HZnI/edit) - World Map (goo.gl/8E1X5)

Zearthun (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=37668) - Alkarien (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10929)

Questions & Answers: Nope, Chuck Testa.

Cities: Dusk & Dawn: These nearly identical cities are the trading centers of this region. They are the largest cities around and generally tend to have the most variety in items and tasks. They almost always have at least a single task on their board. It's a bit above a day's travel between the two of them.

Altean: A small town that specializes in wood and wood accessories. From bows to staffs to planks, they ship it all. They use the forest so much, the forest was named after it.

Thorvin: A village only reachable a few hours a day, when the water level drops. Even then, the path is underwater and a guide is usually the only way to get across. People don't swim or travel on boats across due to the creatures in the water. For some reason, they don't attack those on the strip of land.

Mirad: A city on a peninsula. It's located on an off trail which used to be much more traveled before Caom was created. It began to lose travel and that is all but done. They specialize in fishing and shipmaking, which is how they keep themselves up.

Euphin: Close to the mountains, this den of dwarves is actually under the ground. It is slightly under a hill, but the main mining operations and the like happen in the nearby mountain.

Withent: The only real pass through the mountain, Withent receives a lot of travel. Most turn around there, as south of the mountain is a desert. The main inhabitants are dwarves and gnomes, working in unison to mine the mountain.

Changes:The Orcs:Instead of using the standard orcs, I will be using Vilpich's Orc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245362) and Half-Orc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238705).

Linguz
2012-07-01, 06:35 PM
The town of Altean. To the north, a path to Regres and Thorvin. To the south, light hills. To the west, also light hills and then the untamed wilderness, where no man dares travel. To the east is the Altean Forest, where few people live inside and woodcutters are guarded by, well, guards. The path to Dusk is to the southeast.

Inside, the city is without set limit. Houses are scattered around, the town center is off center, the tavern and message board are closer to the real center, and the general store is next to the tavern. That one store handles all transactions, buying from the tanner, potter, etc and then selling to others.

You find yourself in this town, in the company of one other. The human finds himself with an Elf named Zearthun, while the Elf finds himself with a human named Alkarien. They know nothing about each other besides what the other gave (which you should denote in your first post), but you've for one reason or another, decided to work together (decide on it if you want).

Ballista
2012-07-01, 10:12 PM
OOC: Not sure how to format these type of things...
Also claiming Sea Green

You see an average sized man standing before you; dark, raven hair falls neatly from his scalp to his broad shoulders. Eyes the color of dull emeralds shine from under the man's heavyset brows, eyes that have seen far more than what the young unblemished face they sit upon. His body seems to be strong and sturdy, but not musclebound like the knights and warriors of the land. He wears a suit of simple leather armor, dyed in a grey color. Several steel nodules protrude from the tanned hide to provide extra protection, but in appearance, the man seems no different from any other budding adventurer.
He extends a hand in greeting to the elf.

Alkarien, warrior and practitioner of arcane magicks, at your service. I've only recently arrived here in Altean; my master and I traveled the island for a while until our journey brought us here. I was apprenticed under the elf known as Maeglin and he taught me almost everything I know today. He's left me to my won devices of late, for he was forced to attend to some affair far closer to his own home.

rorikdude12
2012-07-02, 12:48 AM
You see an elf before you. A bit shorter than the average human, his golden eyes glimmer at you. He wears a green cloak and a bandolier or daggers over his leather armor, and a rapier is strapped to his belt. His shaven head bears glistening silver stubble. and his frame seems both strong and lithe.
Good to see someone ready to help! he says as he shakes your hand vivaciously with both of his.I'm here to slay some greenskins down south. Name's Zearthun, bowmaker by trade. I have a vendetta with an Orc settlement. Look, if you can hunt or have rations, it's a few days walk, and I do need help. We can loot it and free their prisoners, and probably get a reward. You up for it?

Ballista
2012-07-03, 02:13 PM
Prisoners you say? Say no more, we must liberate these people from their bondage. Just curious though, how is it that you know of this place?

rorikdude12
2012-07-03, 02:18 PM
Zearthun's grin widens as you reply positively, but his smile leaves when you ask how he knows.

That is not something I wish to speak of to anyone. Let us embark.

Ballista
2012-07-03, 02:25 PM
With an upturned brow, Alkarien comes to face the elf.
Very well, I assume we all have our secrets. But now that we're embarking upon this, have we a strategy of attack?
Hmm, perhaps I may know something about these orcs...
Knowledge (Local) to remember information regarding marauding orcs: [roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-07-03, 02:30 PM
Zearthun begins moving southward, and motions for Alkarien to follow.

We will attack at night, heading for the tent of the prisoners first. We free them, then kill the rest of the orcs as they sleep. Those on watch, if there are any, can be dealt with at range before we enter the encampment.

Ballista
2012-07-03, 02:39 PM
Alkarien breaks into a slow jog, trying to catch up with the elf.
The night does not bode well for me, my eyes cannot penetrate the dark as well as your kind can. Another thing, if we were to free the prisoners immediately, what is stopping the orcs from simply slaughtering the innocents? Don't count your hens before they hatch from their shells.

Linguz
2012-07-03, 02:41 PM
OOC: I won't be able to calculate the distance traveled from where I am, because Internet Explorer is all I have and I can't do the thing I do to calculate it. All I know is that it's a several day trip.

Also, when you're ready, say so. That's when the timeskip will come.

@Rorik: Do you mind changing your speech color? It's hard to read.

@Alkarien:
Knowledge (Local): 12 You don't know all that much about the orcs. They've been there for some time and are situated between Elrendor and your current city. You do know that they are a squad of orcs, though, which doesn't have civilians.

rorikdude12
2012-07-03, 02:58 PM
The plan is simple. We kill the guards, who would be the only ones awake, from range with bows and such. Then we move in. You start killing the orcs in their sleep, I'll let loose the prisoners. The orcs will no doubt have torches. You can use those. Also, the Orcs can only penetrate the darkness as well as you can.

OOC
I'm ready for the timeskip

Linguz
2012-07-03, 05:57 PM
You leave Altean by the eastern road and begin heading south. It's not long before you realize you're lost... by means of spotting the road further ahead. Looking at the sun, you estimate the time at around two, which means you were walking for two hours.

You're not sure where on the road you are, but you do know you're between Altean and the estate.

The map shows you your exact location, but that's OOC knowledge right now.

rorikdude12
2012-07-03, 06:43 PM
Zearthun backtracks to Altean, then heads DIRECTLY SOUTH, and not using any road

Ballista
2012-07-03, 07:27 PM
Whoa whoa whoa... why the heck are you heading back to town? The camp should be this way according to your directions.

rorikdude12
2012-07-03, 07:49 PM
No, I got lost for a moment. This way. Terribly sorry.

Ballista
2012-07-03, 08:03 PM
Now, now, we've been following the sun for the most part, the path seemed to be pretty straightforward... but I may be wrong.
Knowledge: Geography to discern if we were traveling the correct path. [roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-03, 08:09 PM
By the location of the forest, which you can see, and the fact that the forest is east of Altean and with an added bonus, the fact that you know you were headed south, but you're barely any further south than Altean, means you are off the path you had wanted.

rorikdude12
2012-07-04, 11:43 AM
Zearthun corrects his path many times as he makes the journey.

OOC
WY ME?!?!? Why can't we just get to the good part?!?

Ballista
2012-07-04, 11:58 AM
Right... Just as a side note, it will be very unlikely that I will ever follow your directions again, elf.

OOC:
Can we just assume that we're at le orc campe?

rorikdude12
2012-07-04, 12:06 PM
Someday you'll be captured by monsters and want to forget where their lair is when you escape. In any case, you won't have to when this is done.

Linguz
2012-07-04, 12:13 PM
Already planned >_>

You try this again, using the sun to maintain your forward direction.

Zearthun stops about 180 feet away from the camp and waits for night.

-Time Skip-

The sun goes down, the moon comes up, and lights flicker on in the distance, where the orc encampment is.

Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1IhuwptG4QxUBmdRLPswbKu66I5GjYfSlfsEJEVgfnNQ/edit)will be used when you get within 60 feet of them, since that's the size of the map.

rorikdude12
2012-07-04, 12:34 PM
Zearthun moves southeast, orienting himself so that he is 180 ft east of the camp, then moves forward so that he is 80 ft from the orc guarding the prisoner's tent. He then lets loose an arrow at the orc.

roller not working... have to doublepost.

rorikdude12
2012-07-04, 12:37 PM
To hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Linguz
2012-07-04, 12:42 PM
The arrow flies silently across the air and impales the orc in the throat. His body drops down and the torch hits the ground, but doesn't begin a fire.

rorikdude12
2012-07-04, 12:47 PM
A grin appears on Zearthun's face. he moves 50 ft south and lets loose an arrow at the orc closest to him.

To-hit orc #3 [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Ballista
2012-07-04, 12:50 PM
Alkarien adopts a stealthy stance, dropping to a crouch. He moves forward ever so slowly to the shrubbery nearest the fallen orc, hoping to remain undetected.
[roll0]-Hide
[roll1]-Move Silently

Linguz
2012-07-04, 12:59 PM
The arrow hits the orc in the chest, but he doesn't fall this time. Instead, he staggered a bit and began to move away.

On the other side of the camp, Alkarien moves into a bush and is rustling all night long. So loud, that even Zearthun can hear.

rorikdude12
2012-07-04, 10:39 PM
Disappointed, Zearthun moves 20 ft north and 20 ft west and lines up another shot at the orc with an arrow in it's chest.

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ballista
2012-07-04, 11:20 PM
Alkarien realizes the ruckus he was making in his attempts to remain unnoticed and promptly unwrapped the chain from around his shoulder, gripping the two large rings that form the handles rather tightly. He holds his breath in anticipation of the approaching guard.

Readied action to attack the Orc when he comes within range of my location:
[roll0]
[roll1]- Crit Confirmation (In case)
[roll2]- Damage

Linguz
2012-07-04, 11:52 PM
The arrow goes wide and doesn't hit anything. The orc keeps going and you see him enter the larger tent in the center. (Shooting at him now gives him full partial cover. Partial because it's a tent, not hard to shoot through.)

The orc gets hit by your chain, but doesn't suffer any injuries. He's holding a heavy flail in one hand and the torch in another, while wearing scale mail armor.

Orc 2: 15
Alkarien: 11
Zearthun: 9
Orc 3: 3

The orc drops his torch onto the brush and takes hold of his flail in two hands, but when he swings, the spiked ball comes down next to you. The flames of the torch do begin to burn the brush, unfortunately.

Ballista
2012-07-05, 12:00 AM
The slight breeze created by the falling flail woke Alkarien's mind from the drowsiness of the night. A blur of thoughts came rushing through his head...
Do I attack the orc? Would I miss? The torch... where's it gone?
For a split second, Alkarien glances down to the falling flare, watching it fall in slow motion... Without thinking, he raises an outstretched hand, evoking a ray of pure cold from his palm...

Cast: Ray of Frost
[roll0]
[roll1]

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 09:47 AM
Zearthun moved 20 ft west and 15 ft south. He lined up another shot at the orc who has escaped him thus far.

By the gods, please let this work., Zearthun murmured furtively.

To hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Linguz
2012-07-05, 05:10 PM
The orc attempts to strike you again as you freeze the torch, but misses just as badly.

Now in shadows, the orc attempts yet again, but the undergrowth gets in his way and makes him fail.

---

Rorik's arrow flies through and pierces the tent, but if it hit the orc, you don't know. After a few seconds, nothing happens.

Ballista
2012-07-05, 08:22 PM
Deftly avoiding the accompanying blows from the orc, Alkarien moves again into position for a swing with his own weapon. Though the darkness is prevalent at this point, he attempts to deliver a swift strike with the wicked sharp chain in his hands. Hoping that his attack had managed to land on his desired target, Alkarien takes a step back to hopefully avoid a face full of the orc's flail.

[roll0]- Attack with Spiked Chain
[roll1]- Critical Confirmation
[roll2]- Damage
Take 5-Foot Step East (Up).

OOC:
Forgot Concealment due to darkness... But that attack isn't hitting **** fecal matter.

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 08:57 PM
Zearthun moves 60 ft north and looses an arrow at the orc attacking his friend.

To hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Linguz
2012-07-05, 09:09 PM
The arrow penetrates the orc's scales as he's following Alkarien's movements. When he goes to swing again, the attack doesn't land. Seems he's having as much trouble as you here.

Both of you can hear how loud the fighting is, so a quick kill of this enemy could be beneficial.

Ballista
2012-07-05, 09:24 PM
Hearing the efforts of the battle himself, Alkarien sees that if this fight continues any longer, the rest of the camp will most likely wake from their slumber.

Gripping the handles of his weapon tighter, he swings the ends of the chain again at the orc, praying to every god he has knowledge of that the attack will land.

[roll0]- Attack with Spiked Chain
[roll1]- Crit Confirmation
[roll2]- Damage
[roll3]- Concealment (Darkness)
[roll4]- Concealment (Bush)

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 09:27 PM
Zearthun fires again, and hopes his partner can help.

To hit [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Linguz
2012-07-05, 09:33 PM
Both arrow and chain whisk by the orc, neither hitting... but it seems that the effects of poor visibility or other is hurting them just as badly, as the spiked ball comes slamming down next to Alkarien.

Ballista
2012-07-05, 09:49 PM
Realizing his endeavors to be fruitless, Alkarien looks inward, channeling the arcane energies within himself. Still wary of the danger the orc still poses, Alkarien takes steps to ensure the guard does not interfere with the spell. A brief glimpse of the future flashes through his mind...

Cast: True Strike
Casting Defensively- Concentration- [roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 10:17 PM
With another arrow nocked on his bow, Zearthun hopes it won't miss.

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Concealment [roll2]

Linguz
2012-07-05, 10:21 PM
With another arrow to his chest, the orc falls over, crushing the brush under his weight.

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 10:44 PM
Zearthun looked on in awe.

I can free them. It's...It's beautiful. I can be free., he whispered to himself.

Zearthun runs to the easternmost torch and snuffs it out by shoving it into the ground. Silently.

Move Silently [roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-05, 10:52 PM
You snuff the torch out without any problems.

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 11:00 PM
Zearthun sneaks into the tent and cuts the prisoners loose with his dagger.

Run north to Altean. There you can find safe haven., Zearthun says to the prisoners.

Ballista
2012-07-05, 11:02 PM
Alkarien stoops to a crouch, searching the dead orc of anything of value.
It's a shame his life was ended by an enemy he could not see...
With that, the duskblade closes the guard's open eyelids and mutters a silent prayer. laying the corpse's arms across his chest.
May the Ruby Sorceress guide you to the nether realms, and your soul finally lay at rest.

Search check to find anything beyond his equipment: [roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-05, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, it seems that they moved the prisoners. Before you spoke, you looked inside and saw two orcs sleeping on the ground.

Guess the orcs aren't stupid enough to keep the prisoners in the same tent even after one of them was able to escape from that tent.

---

You find... a heavy flail, a scale mail, 9 silver pieces, and a small wooden dice.

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 11:04 PM
Zearthun slits their throats.

Coup de Grace both orcs with my dagger.

2d4+1d6+2
2d4+1d6+2

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 11:06 PM
Roller no work.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sneak Attack Damage #1 [roll2]

Sneak Attack Damage #2 [roll3]

Ballista
2012-07-05, 11:07 PM
Alkarien stares at the dead man's belongings for a second, before taking the coin and the dice.
A warrior should not go without his armor and weapon, even after their death...

Cautious now of his obvious ineptitude at remaining stealthy, Alkarien resigns himself to stay put and out of sight of other orcs.

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 11:12 PM
Zearthun snuffs out the eastern brazier.

Move Silently [roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-05, 11:13 PM
You snuff it out. Now what?

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 11:14 PM
Zearthun repeats the process with the northern brazier.

Ballista
2012-07-05, 11:15 PM
Noticing the Orc's rather... obstructive nature, Alkarien moves the body into the center of the shrubbery, hoping to keep it away from straying scavengers and prying eyes.

Linguz
2012-07-05, 11:18 PM
You don't hear anyone waking up.

rorikdude12
2012-07-05, 11:57 PM
Zearthun moves 5 ft southwest, then 15 ft west. he waits for an opportunity to fire.

Linguz
2012-07-06, 12:04 AM
You don't get an opportunity to fire. Peeking around the corner of the tent, you don't see him moving all that much.

rorikdude12
2012-07-06, 12:17 AM
Tired of this, Zearthun leaps around the corner, rolls 20 ft, and fires a shot off with his bow.

Tumble [roll0]

To hit [roll1]

Damage [roll2]
Sneak Attack [roll3]

Linguz
2012-07-06, 12:21 AM
After the arrow hit the orc's right arm, he took a look at you and kicked the tent next to him down. He yelled something out in a brutal tongue and sounds began to come from most of the tents.

Ballista
2012-07-06, 12:24 AM
Hearing the shouts from the camp, Akarien knows his partner has failed in his efforts. He knows that he would be of no use here, even to himself, much less to anyone else. He stands up from his crouching position and runs as quickly as his legs would carry him in the direction from where he came.
Don't worry friend, I'll return for you...

rorikdude12
2012-07-06, 12:49 AM
(In Orcish)Do you remember me? That little elven boy you captured? Do you remember me? The one who escaped?

Ready an action to shoot the orc once he answers. Move 30 ft west.

To hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Linguz
2012-07-11, 09:49 PM
Akarien leaves the area, heading back to town.

The orc answers, "[Orcish] Barely." When you fire, the arrow goes far and passes over the orc. You move into the shadows and then the darkness, which the orc follows you and his torch soon illuminates you brightly. You see more movement in the tents, if you look back. More orcs getting up and figuring out what's happening. (Not going to update the map with all of them...)

rorikdude12
2012-07-11, 09:53 PM
Zearthun fires a parting shot and runs northtward shouting,

(in Orcish)"We'll be back!"

To hit
[roll0]
Crit Confirm
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Linguz
2012-07-11, 10:01 PM
If only the orc was still conscious when you yelled at him. You leave the area, heading back to the town.

---

You both meet back up at Altean a few hours later. It's still pretty late in the night, though.

(Experience gotten for the ones sent unconscious/dead: 150xp each, 6 of them, 900xp total.)

Ballista
2012-07-11, 10:06 PM
Well that's just great... Next time, we're not jumping on a cart wagon and riding down to our deaths. Perhaps I should have calculated their numbers before we ran up and tried to take on a band of orcs, especially with our rather menial strength.
Alkarien walks off towards the bar, looking over his shoulder at the elf.

rorikdude12
2012-07-11, 10:11 PM
Zearthun smiles at him.

We killed green skins, it was fun! I'll pay for drinks and rooms.

Zearthun meditates sitting upright on the barstool near Alkarien.

Ballista
2012-07-11, 10:18 PM
Yeah... fun, the shrouds of the night do not bode well for myself... Perhaps next time we do so, we'd have a bit more help and hone our skills more to face the obstacles ahead.
Alkarien pushes the door of the inn open and strides into the building. His eyes sweep across the room in search for the barkeep or a serving girl.
And I'll pay for my own room; I'm no beggar and I definitively prefer not to begin accruing debts...

Linguz
2012-07-11, 10:21 PM
Serving girls or barkeeps, either is possible and easy to find. The serving girls going between tables, serving and teasing those that are in the bar, the latter being done less often.

Ballista
2012-07-11, 10:26 PM
Alkarien walks slowly up to the bar and finds himself an empty stool, far away from the other patrons. He beckons to the bartender with his hand.
Pass me a mug of ale will ya my good barkeep? Also, have you got a spare room for the night, me and my friend here happen to have need for a couple of beds for the night.

Linguz
2012-07-11, 10:48 PM
A beer is passed to you and with it, the barkeep. "Sure, there's some rooms open. You going to pay up front or when you're leaving? And... your friend seems to have found himself a stool to sleep on." He points to the meditating elf.

Ballista
2012-07-11, 11:02 PM
Erm, yeah... you know what? Just leave him there, he'll be fine for the night...
Alkarien digs his hand into his coin purse and grabs a fistful of silvers and drops it in the barkeep's hands. He grabs the mug and stands up from the stool, nearly knocking it down in his haste.
Now, where'd you say that room was?

Linguz
2012-07-11, 11:09 PM
You pay six silver and the barkeep just shrugs at your comment. He explains where the room is and shakes his head at the elf, saying something about freeloaders.

Ballista
2012-07-12, 06:13 PM
Mug in hand, Alkarien approaches the door the bartender pointed out. He slowly moves his hand towards the handle and swifly pushes the door aside. Stepping in, Alkarien removes the chain wound around his shoulder and drops it on the bed. By the time the moon is relatively high in the sky, the man has already emptied his drink, the alcohol now burning in his gut. He unclasps his cloak and his armor before throwing it to the ground and collapses on the bed before falling into a deep sleep.
Next time, I won't fail...

Linguz
2012-07-12, 06:28 PM
Alkarien wakes up about nine hours after he falls asleep, which gives Zearthun about five hours to do things before Alkarien wakes up. What does Zearthun do?

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 06:31 PM
Zearthun looks around the bar.

Spot
[roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-12, 06:33 PM
The bar is empty of mugs and drinks. Looking around the inn, you see more things. It's night, nobody is in the room (save for a few sleeping bodies on tables or the floor), and there are locks on a few doors.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 06:38 PM
Zearthun picks their pocketses.

Move Silently
[roll0]

Sleight of Hand 1
[roll1]

Sleight of Hand 2
[roll2]

Sleight of Hand 3
[roll3]

Linguz
2012-07-12, 06:47 PM
In their pockets, you find 17cp on the first person, 4sp and 26cp on the second person, and 1sp and 7cp on the third person. They don't seem to have woken, but they aren't carrying anything except those coins. I hope you're proud of yourself, you've stolen money from common workers.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 06:54 PM
Zearthun takes time to hide his daggers in various parts of his person.

Take 10+2 equipment bonus for daggers+2 equipment bonus for cloak+7 sleight of hand = 21.

He then proceeds to walk to the Barracks of the Town Guard in Altean.

Linguz
2012-07-12, 06:58 PM
You try the door, but it's locked. Apparently the innkeeper doesn't want people getting in during the night. I wonder why...

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:03 PM
Zearthun tries to pick a lock.

Open Lock +4, -2 for improvised tools (dagger)

[roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-12, 07:05 PM
You try to pick the lock and fail.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:06 PM
Zearthun takes a while to pick the lock.

take 20 on Open Lock

Linguz
2012-07-12, 07:07 PM
You try to pick the lock and fail.

This still happens.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:16 PM
Zearthun tries to pry the door open.

[roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-12, 07:22 PM
The door doesn't open, but you did succeed in making sound. Enough sound that one of the three people you looted, the second one, wakes up and begins to look around. When he spots you, he asks you, "The hell are you doing?" With his words, another one, the first one you looted, woke up as well and did similarly as the other when he woke up, except didn't speak.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:24 PM
"This door is locked, and I have to go to the Guard barracks. I'm trying to pry it free.", Zearthun says.

Linguz
2012-07-12, 07:26 PM
"And making all this sound in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? There's a reason that he locks the door." Both men hold their heads every now and then, the results of a hangover.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:31 PM
Look, shut up or help. There is an emergency involving an orc encampment a few miles from here.

Linguz
2012-07-12, 07:33 PM
"The one that's just been there, leaving us mostly alone? Yes, such a big problem that another race is anywhere within twenty miles from us. No, screw you, I'm going to wake the innkeeper." He stood up and began to go down the rows of tables, to one of the doors.

If you don't stop him, he knocks on the door and yells.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:36 PM
"They captured me as a child, you idiot, and they have prisoners that need to be rescued."

Zearthun tries to run up in front and shove him.

Grapple
[roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-12, 07:42 PM
Bull rush is not a shove. A bull rush is a full on tackle.

You run around him and get in his way right before he passes the last row of tables and shove him, but it doesn't get him far.

After your shove, the man retaliated with a fist, which you were able to dodge before it impacted you by taking a step back. The man brought his fists up.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:48 PM
5 ft step back, draw rapier, then ready an action to stab him when he approaches.

Attack
[roll0]
Crit Confirm
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Linguz
2012-07-12, 07:54 PM
The man does not approach at all but backs away, shouting. "THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 07:57 PM
"Don't f***** try to play, mother******! I'm sick of your games! You think it's cool to deck people left and right? What the hell is wrong with YOU!!!", Zearthun shouts. Zearthun keeps his blade up.

Linguz
2012-07-12, 08:02 PM
The sound of a lock and a door opening happens from behind you: the innkeeper. When he sees the fight, he slams his hands on the bar. "BOTH OF YOU, OUT!" If you don't complain, he takes a key from a keychain at his belt and goes to unlock the door. "If you want to fight, do it outside, not in my inn. And you, elf, I don't want to see you here again."

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 08:03 PM
Zearthun walks out calmly, regaining his composure and going to the guard barracks.

Linguz
2012-07-12, 08:05 PM
The innkeeper locks the door behind him again after everyone left.

The man starts to go towards the same direction as you, but breaks away when he sees you're going that way.

The guard's barracks is a collection of small buildings somewhat close to the edge of the town, where the guard sleeps. You went there.

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 08:16 PM
Zearthun knocks on the door of the Guard Barracks.

Linguz
2012-07-12, 08:24 PM
Nobody answers the door. Maybe they're asleep during the middle of the night? Or maybe this is where they sleep, so any here would most likely be asleep?

rorikdude12
2012-07-12, 08:36 PM
Zearthun searches the town for guards.

Spot check
[roll0]

Linguz
2012-07-16, 12:04 PM
You find a guard walking around the 'border' of the town, keeping watch and with a torch.

rorikdude12
2012-07-23, 10:44 AM
Ho there, good sir! The orcs to the south have taken prisoners from our town and I need help desperately to defeat them and free the prisoners. Could you seek reinforcements among your brethren?, Zearthun asks the guard.

Linguz
2012-07-23, 12:36 PM
The guard takes a look at you and nods. "That's one terrible tale, if it's true. I'll bring it up to the commander in the morning."

rorikdude12
2012-07-23, 12:40 PM
Zearthun shadows the guard, following him until the morning.

Linguz
2012-07-23, 01:00 PM
You follow the guard who doesn't seem to either care or notice that you're following him until morning. At that point, his shift ends and he heads over to a small building which you assume is where they start and end their shifts. He enters. (Do you try to follow?)

rorikdude12
2012-07-23, 01:25 PM
Zearthun follows.

Linguz
2012-07-23, 02:16 PM
You enter the room and hear the guard explain what he was told by you. You hear the captain say something about someone entering the room and points you out. The other guard turns to look at you and says, "That's who told me."

The guard captain spoke directly to you, "What do you know about the orcs, besides what you've already told us?"

rorikdude12
2012-07-23, 03:24 PM
I was captured by them as a small boy. Last night me and a friend killed about 7 of them under the cover of darkness.

Now there are around 20 Orcs left. If the militia is rallied, we could assault them with a good chance of success head-on. If only you guards can fight, we can have a decent attempt at night through means of stealth. If enough of you have the eyes of elves, we can probably take them on easily at night with bows. It would be slightly harder without elven vision, but still easy enough to slay the guards from range.

They are armed and armored decently, but a good two arrows can kill them with ease. However, two of them, the leaders, are tougher than the others, so they might take more hits. Oh, and they have a wolf in the camp.