PDA

View Full Version : Finding my place. Build help please

killianh
2012-07-02, 02:31 AM
My party:

Cleric of Pelor (heals, buffs, debuffs)
Wildshape druid (Huge Dire bear, melee & blasting)
Wizard (utility and damage)
Fighter (BSF, meat shield)
Crusader (melee, utility, buffs)
Me (???)(currently a blaster)

We don't need a rogue type or skill monkey due the the combat orientation of the campaign but I'm wondering what would be a better class to play that fits the party?

I've been toying with a battlefield control dragon fire adept but not entirely sure.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-07-02, 02:47 AM
If you don't need a skill monkey, then you have more or less all the possible roles covered. Your best bet would be to fulfill a similar role to someone else, but in a way that is different enough from the rest of thr party to carve out a niche for yourself. For instance, in a party like this, which is fairly large and also apparently harmonious, en masse buffing, such as the Bard's song or the Dragom Shaman's auras, are more effective and add something new to the mix.

What level is your party? I'm inclined to suggest a Dragonfire Inspiration Bard or Bardsader/Bardblade, myself; with Song of the Heart and Inspirational Boost, you could be giving your whole party +4d6 fire damage as a swift action by level 8, and do cool things with spells and/or maneuvers!

killianh
2012-07-02, 02:51 AM
We are currently level 18 so I would be level 19 when I pull this character out.

Gwendol
2012-07-02, 03:31 AM
Bard/Warchanter. This will make your party summons a strike force to be feared.