PDA

View Full Version : Catch Up Feats?

Dante & Vergil
2012-07-02, 11:31 AM
I remember a friend of mine talking about feats that increased your effective level in different class (like sneak attack, wildshaping, etc.) features like Practiced Spellcaster/Manifester does, up to your character level, and I think he said he read them from a Dragon Magazine, but neither he nor I no which one, so I can here to ask the Playground if they knew where these feats, or similar ones can be found.

Pyromancer999
2012-07-02, 01:24 PM
Practiced Spellcaster is from Complete Arcane, and Praticed Manifester is from Complete Psionic.

Theroc
2012-07-02, 01:31 PM
I believe Complete Adventurer has feats like Ascetic Stalker, which makes your monk and ninja levels stack with specific class features. There are many ascetic feats, each stacks levels between Monk and another class. I *THINK* those feats allow free multiclassing between the two(to get around the previous monk-once-you-go-away-you-can't-go-back clause.)

There are also Swashbuckler and rogue multiclass options I believe. Some may be in a book like Complete Scoundrel or something though. I know *SOME* are in Complete Adventurer. Reasonably certain anyhow.

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-02, 01:33 PM
I bet you're talking about the multiclassing feats in complete adventurer/scoundrel. Like daring outlaw getting swashbuckler and rogue class features to stay up, or devoted tracker for animal companion/special mount which is supposedly for a paladin/ranger multiclass

urk.... ninja'd

Piggy Knowles
2012-07-02, 06:05 PM
There's also Natural Bond, which increases your effective level for an animal companion in much the same way Practiced Spellcaster does for caster level.

eggs
2012-07-02, 06:49 PM
There's Practiced Mind Blade from Dragon #341, but I'm seriously at a loss for what to do with it.

Mithril Leaf
2012-07-02, 07:23 PM
There's chaos music for bardic music from some dragon mag or another.

Dante & Vergil
2012-07-02, 10:43 PM
I already know of the multi-classing feats and know where the practiced spellcaster/manifester feats are, but Practiced Mind Blade, and Chaos Music are nice finds, especially since I found out that Chaos Rage (a feat that does this for a Barbarian's rage) is in the same article as Chaos Music. Are there any others for other classes?

Palanan
2012-07-03, 07:44 AM
You mentioned wildshaping in the OP, and if Pathfinder material is allowed, there's Shaping Focus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/shaping-focus), which advances wildshaping by four levels in the same vein as Practiced Spellcaster.

Pyromancer999
2012-07-03, 09:56 AM
I already know of the multi-classing feats and know where the practiced spellcaster/manifester feats are, but Practiced Mind Blade, and Chaos Music are nice finds, especially since I found out that Chaos Rage (a feat that does this for a Barbarian's rage) is in the same article as Chaos Music. Are there any others for other classes?

I don't know if there are ones for other classes, but I believe Chaos Music and Chaos Rage is in Dragon 326.

Dante & Vergil
2012-07-03, 10:23 PM
Awesome, thanks everyone!