PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Constructable Card Game

Erasmas
2012-07-02, 04:35 PM
I used to play this game years ago and really enjoyed it. I just recently picked it back up again and went looking for some more to add to my collection. I was having a hard time locating any and had someone tell me today that they have discontinued the game entirely!

Does anyone know if this is true?
If so, does anyone know of a good source either online or in the Greater Houston area to find these?

IdleMuse
2012-07-02, 05:13 PM
I was literally digging out my collection of this the other day! It was pretty awesome, but you're correct in that they shut it down a while back. I still occasionally find dusty old packs in the back of FLGSs though.

RagingKrikkit
2012-07-02, 11:39 PM
I literally threw out my entire (mostly broken) collection on Saturday.

Castaras
2012-07-03, 03:45 AM
I have a box with all my ships in it still. Ahhh memories.

Erasmas
2012-07-05, 10:15 AM
Yeah... there is still an entire booster box in one of my local gaming stores (but they are all of a set that I have most of already). I bought three packs and didn't get a single new piece... including the three rares I got!

And YakYak... that made me cry.

RagingKrikkit
2012-07-05, 10:26 AM
Oh, don't worry, turns out I missed the HMS Dauntless, it's sitting right behind me.

Reverent-One
2012-07-05, 10:39 AM
I used to play this game years ago and really enjoyed it. I just recently picked it back up again and went looking for some more to add to my collection. I was having a hard time locating any and had someone tell me today that they have discontinued the game entirely!

Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes, the company that made the game, Wizkids, was closed by it's parent company a few years ago. Wizkids and all it's associated properties were then purchased by another company, but the Pirates game hasn't been restarted yet. They did announce a collectable card game based on the Pirates property coming out this year, with other Pirates-based games to come after that.

SamBurke
2012-07-05, 05:11 PM
Nostalgia... it's... too strong...

Dear heavens, I think I still have the eighty or so ships somewhere in my closet. That game was epic.