PDA

View Full Version : Solo Campaign - Doc

Linguz
2012-07-02, 07:00 PM
Solar Island (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1uNkuw0piUEKJmoXod10wMBpgSsSCQ0BoOK2ZgaR_A2o/edit) - World Map (goo.gl/8E1X5)

Thorin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=410895)

Questions & Answers: Nope, Chuck Testa.

Cities: Dusk & Dawn: These nearly identical cities are the trading centers of this region. They are the largest cities around and generally tend to have the most variety in items and tasks. They almost always have at least a single task on their board. It's a bit above a day's travel between the two of them.

Altean: A small town that specializes in wood and wood accessories. From bows to staffs to planks, they ship it all. They use the forest so much, the forest was named after it.

Thorvin: A village only reachable a few hours a day, when the water level drops. Even then, the path is underwater and a guide is usually the only way to get across. People don't swim or travel on boats across due to the creatures in the water. For some reason, they don't attack those on the strip of land.

Mirad: A city on a peninsula. It's located on an off trail which used to be much more traveled before Caom was created. It began to lose travel and that is all but done. They specialize in fishing and shipmaking, which is how they keep themselves up.

Euphin: Close to the mountains, this den of dwarves is actually under the ground. It is slightly under a hill, but the main mining operations and the like happen in the nearby mountain.

Withent: The only real pass through the mountain, Withent receives a lot of travel. Most turn around there, as south of the mountain is a desert. The main inhabitants are dwarves and gnomes, working in unison to mine the mountain.

Changes:The Orcs:Instead of using the standard orcs, I will be using Vilpich's Orc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245362) and Half-Orc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238705).

Linguz
2012-07-02, 07:27 PM
Having just been paid 200 gold pieces for your latest job, guarding a caravan from Elrendor to Dusk, the merchant lets you loose, saying that he's staying in this town for a while. It's midday and the sun is beating down on you as you recall the one bandit raid that happened as the hills ended south of Dusk. The fight had gone real smoothly, wiping the floor with the bandits.

You know this city is one of the two largest cities in this region, so trade, jobs, and pretty much anything else can be found here. From a magical academy dedicated to training wizards and helping sorcerers to a thieves guild hidden somewhere among it, this city has it. The most common race is, of course, human, but it's not an overwhelming majority. Even some orcs and other so called monsters are seen every now and then.

If you want another job quickly, then the town board could contain something of interest. It's next to the inn at the center of town, which you can see from where you stand.

docnessuno
2012-07-02, 07:50 PM
Looking for a good way to spend his hard-earned coins, Thorin rents a room in the nearby inn. He wants to rest and wouldn't mind having a good bath to wash off the dust and sweat gathered in his last job. And, that goes without saying, he wants to taste some strong dwarven ale, accompanied by rare meat and ripe cheese.

After a couple days, and some shopping in the city to refill his supplies [OOC: also buying a potion of CLW], he feels ready to look for another job. After all, his pocket in not bottomless, and his skills don't improve on their own. Knowing that the town board is usually well-stocked with the kind of jobs he is looking for, he approaches it.

Linguz
2012-07-02, 08:36 PM
Those two days pass without incident and you catch up with old friends at the inn and stores around town. Not much has changed since you were last here, according to them. Over the two days, you paid the normal amount of what one would expect (standard costs for everything).

Looking at the bulletin, there are plenty of jobs. Many of them asking for small work for small payment, like patching a roof. There are a few larger ones, which you do pay attention to.

The first is searching for a man to find a flower in the nearby Altean Forest. It says something about creating a new type of alchemical item. That the flower is able to "enhance any and all concoctions to a new level". The pay is decent and is asking for a certain amount of the flowers. 300gp for getting the flowers.

The second is a little more here. The guards are looking for someone to go clear out a den of petty thieves in the city. It involves finding them and telling the guards, or clearing them out yourself. Higher pay for clearing them yourselves. 400gp for finding them, an extra 200gp for clearing them out.

The final one that draws your attention is slightly higher risk. It's looking for someone to head over into the Altean Forest and deep into it, to find a cavern. Inside that cavern, there's supposedly a red crystal. Something's special about that crystal and the notice says to get it. 700gp for getting the crystal.

All three of them have directions and instructions to first head to the employer.

docnessuno
2012-07-02, 09:13 PM
Thorim looks closely at the bulletin, mumbling to himself.
"Hmm i'm not going around to pick flowers, but i must admit the guard's offer is interesting. That said, the red crystal intrigues me, i wonder what's so precious in it that someone would pay solid gold to retrieve it."
"Let's see what Tautam has to say, heads i'll work for the guards, tails and the forest awaits me..."
The young dwarf flips a coin.
[1 = head, 2 = tails]
[roll0]
"Heh, seems like some thieves are waiting for me!"
Having finally settled his decision, Thorim follows the directions in the job's offer and reaches the guard post.

Linguz
2012-07-02, 10:28 PM
You go to a building on the west side of town, a keep, which is the central location for the guards. Not very surprisingly, due to its location, the west side of town is considered the bad side.

When you enter the keep and explain your presence, you are brought to a captain who explains, "We don't have the resources to locate the thieves hideout, but citizens have really begun to complain and, well, the guard above me is tired of it. You are expected to return whatever has been stolen, if you do clear them out. If you find them, then we'll do the rest of the work. We believe they're located at the west end of town, so if I was in your place, I'd start there. Get them to know you're working for us and chances of finding it are... none, I'm sure you understand what to do."

docnessuno
2012-07-02, 10:53 PM
Thorin listens crefully the the guard's words, starting to think about a way to find the theves hideout.

"Agreed, Captain. I'll be on my way."

Leaving the keep, the dwarfs rerutns to the inn in the town's center, to deposit most of his gold in his room [keeping 20 gp] and to avoid arousing suspicion by starting to investigate just after leaving the keep.

Back into the western discrict, Thorin looks for the worst tavern he can find. His plan is to start gambling and intentionally losing, while at the same time drinking heavily (or, at least, giving this impression. With his impressive stamina and dwarven resiliency nothing short of a keg should impair him seriously).

Linguz
2012-07-03, 12:49 AM
You find a pretty rundown tavern, proceed to lose gold coins, and drink.

Inside the tavern, there's the bartender, his son who tends to the tables, and a rough estimate of 30 people. There are a total of six different groups around the tavern, counting all the solo-drinkers as one group. There are only two of those. The other five groups are as follows: 7 gambler, a group of 5 at the far end, another group playing five-finger fillet consisting of 4 people and they yell out every now and then when they stab themselves, a group of seven near the center who always look up whenever someone new walks in, and a group of 5 sitting at the bar talking amongst themselves.

Races are diverse. Most are human, with halflings and orcs a close second and third. There aren't many elves, dwarves, or gnomes, if any.

---

Soon, you've got nothing else to wager and three of the gamblers are gone.

docnessuno
2012-07-03, 05:30 PM
"Curses! I don't... This bad luck cannat go on forev.." Thorim slutters as he speaks, exaggerating the effects of alchool.
"I tell ya... luck is changin..."
"I knows i'll bee winning the next raund, tell ya.. Double or nothing!" The dwarf is loud, trying to entice the remaining gamblers with his drunkness and to attract attention from the other bystanders.

[OOC: The drunkspeak was the best i came up with :smalleek:]

Linguz
2012-07-03, 06:11 PM
The men laugh and nod. Very soon, you've lost, yet again. The price is high and they're demanding payment, but you've haven't got a copper coin on you.