PDA

View Full Version : Need help making a Rogue/Wizard/Unseen Seer character!

noellesam
2012-07-02, 09:25 PM
Hi!

This is my first time posting a thread so please be kind!

I am building a Lesser Tiefling (level 6) as a level 1 Rogue, level 3 Wizard, and level 2 Unseen Seer. I have EXTREMELY low HP, and I am afraid of my weaknesses in that area. I am a sneaky spellcaster, so I have fly and invisibility spells at my disposal and a bunch of ranged spells. I am currently looking for feats and magic items to make my character a little less weak. Does anyone have suggestions? I know there is a item that has 3 charges and temp boosts my HP. But I forgot the name of the item, does anyone know it? It may be very helpful.

I would be very grateful for any advice in this field, or any links to handbooks! Thank you!

Blind Orc
2012-07-02, 09:30 PM
amulet of tears

I am playing a rogue 1/wizard 3/unseen seer 6, but we haven't played much so far.

noellesam
2012-07-02, 09:33 PM
Thank you! That really helps.

Yeah, I am in the same boat exactly. I can't wait to start playing with her!

VGLordR2
2012-07-02, 09:36 PM
The Faerie Mysteries Initiate feat.

Your DM might not allow it, though.

gorfnab
2012-07-02, 09:52 PM
Sneak Attacking Spellcasters Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1240)

How are you getting into Unseen Seer at 5th level? Minimum level you can get in is 6th unless you use Favored in the Guild.

Spellthief 1 (for Master Spelltheif feat, CS)/ Wizard 5 (Spontaneous Divination ACF, CC)/ Unseen Seer 10/ Arcane Trickster 4.

noellesam
2012-07-02, 10:15 PM
Really? I checked out the prereqs and it didn't say that.. and most of the builds that I referred to said I could start unseen seer at level 5 because of skill points and all that. I shall research that a little more.

I did look at that guide, and it was useful but it was directed at higher leveled characters. Thank you!

And also, I don't think my DM will allow it.. No elven/faerie blood in me!

gorfnab
2012-07-02, 11:46 PM
Really? I checked out the prereqs and it didn't say that.. and most of the builds that I referred to said I could start unseen seer at level 5 because of skill points and all that. I shall research that a little more.

Prestige classes offer a new form of multiclassing. Unlike the basic classes, characters must meet Requirements before they can take their first level of a prestige class. The rules for level advancement apply to this system, meaning the first step of advancement is always choosing a class. If a character does not meet the Requirements for a prestige class before that first step, that character cannot take the first level of that prestige class. Taking a prestige class does not incur the experience point penalties normally associated with multiclassing.
Unseen Seer requires 8 ranks in a few different skills (Hide, Search, and Spot). 5th level is when you can have a maximum of 8 ranks in a given skill. So you would be able to enter Unseen Seer at 6th level.

Blind Orc
2012-07-03, 02:26 AM
:smallsigh: I wish I had my chars sheet with me

VGLordR2
2012-07-03, 02:35 AM
:smallsigh: I wish I had my chars sheet with me

That's what myth-weavers.com (http://myth-weavers.com) is for.

Grelna the Blue
2012-07-05, 01:02 PM
If you have at least 2 ranks in Rogue and therefore have evasion and your INT is higher than your DEX (if it's not, it probably should be), then Insightful Reflexes is a feat you'll want to pick up. It allows you to use your INT bonus on Reflex saves, rather than your DEX bonus. I play a mostly unoptimized wizard 12/rogue 2 who has one real strength: she almost always manages to evade area effect damage due to her +8 INT mod (boosted from an item, to be sure) and her daily casting of Superior Resistance (+6 resistance mod). Counting all bonuses, she has a 22 Reflex save, which adds quite a bit to her survivability vs. breath weapons and other casters. If you have low hit points, boosting evasion is always a good thing.