PDA

View Full Version : Feats for a Hellfire Warlock?

White_Drake
2012-07-02, 10:54 PM
I'm planning on playing a magic-blooded human Hellfire Warlock with the following classes (Warlock 6/Rogue 4/Binder 2/Hellfire Warlock 3/Spellwarp Sniper 5(hand-waved to be playable by a Warlock)) an I was wondering what sort of feats I should consider. So far I've got Able Learner, Point Blank Shot, and Keeper of Forbidden Lore. The character is mainly an Eldritch Blast sniper who dabbles in thievery (I can't stand playing non-thieves). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aeauseth
2012-07-03, 01:45 AM
Warlocks typically take Extra Invocation since the warlock invocations are so good. Try to house rule Practiced Invoker (http://aaronwiki.us/index.php?title=Practiced_Invoker).

killianh
2012-07-03, 05:28 AM
if you have the right invocations Fly by attack while invisible is a nice thing to have. Since Invocations are not spells but spell like abilities you could grab quicken spell like ability which is good with Flee the Scene for an escape if needed. Psionic meditation with Psionic shot is a good combot for a blaster build, but Mortal Bane from BoVD is better if its allowed

ThiagoMartell
2012-07-03, 05:47 AM
Can you spellwarp your invocations? Do they become 'no save just suck' when you do?
Because if that's true, baleful polymorph becomes your go-to gun.

White_Drake
2012-07-03, 07:25 AM
I actually wasn't intending to spellwarp invocations, but to use the other class features in conjunction with Eldritch Blast to make a death-ray sniper. :smallbiggrin:

Diarmuid
2012-07-03, 07:57 AM
Not a whole lot of reason to take Point Blank Shot without taking Precise.

The quicken/maximize SLA's from the monster manual are pretty good, as can Ability Focus (if you're using blasts that have riders).