PDA

View Full Version : Lvl adjusted race BAB and HP question (3.5)

Lucianus
2012-07-02, 11:14 PM
A player of mine wishes to play a Dragonkin cleric (3.5) and asked me a few questions I can't seem to answer. :smallfrown: In the Draconomicon under the Dragonkin's entry for making PC's, it says they start with 7d8 HD and a BAB of +7.

Q1- Now, with Class levels, we play that the first die is full and the others are half plus one. So the 7d8 racial HD would be 8+(5x6)+(7xCon). Would the HD his character gets for his first class level be max+Con as well or does the maxed racial HD trump the Class one? I know it is kinda my call, but I like being impartial and unbiased as I can....

Q2- As for the BAB, Dragonkin start with +7, so would that be two attacks at +7/+2 or just the one at +7? If the latter, when would he get his second attack then?

Just in case it matters, he is adding 11 Levels of Cleric on the Dragonkin.

VGLordR2
2012-07-02, 11:19 PM
The class hit die would be 1/2+1+Con. Only the first hit die (racial or otherwise) is maximized.

He gets two attacks.

eggs
2012-07-02, 11:20 PM
Q1. The first hit die is one of the dragon racial HD, so it would be 8+6d8+7*Con

Q2. Base Attack doesn't remember its source. At +7 BA, the character's unaugmented weapon attack routine is +7/+2.

Level Adjustment doesn't affect either of those in any way.

Psyren
2012-07-02, 11:21 PM
1) Only your first HD is maxed, so the racial one already covers that. Under these rules, he would get half + one of his first class die and all subsequent ones.

2) He would have two attacks. You gain additional attacks at BAB 6, 11, and 16 regardless of class or race.

Ninjas! *flees*

Lucianus
2012-07-03, 12:06 PM
Wow, three answers in three minutes! I did try to look these up in my book collection but couldn't find the answers, thank you all for the rapid response!

P.S. Love the avatar VGLordR2!

Seerow
2012-07-03, 12:13 PM
Not sure if this was already mentioned but keep in mind that LA and RHD are tracked separately. I have no idea what the LA on a dragonkin is, but most things that have that many RHD also have some LA as well. For example, if it has an LA of +4, and 7 RHD, then it starts off treated as a level 11 character. So then adding on 11 levels of cleric would be ECL22, not ECL18

KillianHawkeye
2012-07-03, 05:49 PM
Not sure if this was already mentioned but keep in mind that LA and RHD are tracked separately. I have no idea what the LA on a dragonkin is, but most things that have that many RHD also have some LA as well. For example, if it has an LA of +4, and 7 RHD, then it starts off treated as a level 11 character. So then adding on 11 levels of cleric would be ECL22, not ECL18

The LA is only +2.