PDA

View Full Version : IC Vampire:TM-Chicago-Southside

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-04, 01:00 AM
And this is officially the IC thread just for you guys. Sorry about the delay. I was waiting for the other guys to finish, and they took a long time to answer simple questions that may influence you guys.

The Prince's Study

As you follow the hallway you come to a set of large double doors, which have been left open. There is a large screen of monitors on the far side of the room, and their light illuminates the room slightly.
http://waiclub.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/security-office1.jpg

In front of the monitors is a fancy leather swivel chair, obviously for studying these monitors. The monitors are constantly changing, and you find yourself having trouble following. However you think you see security images of the party several times, which is odd because you never saw any security camera's. You also notice two monitors seem to displaying stock information, and three seem to be flipping through news channels.

Once your eyes adjust to the light a bit, you can make out a large room. On one side is a long business table, with more than enough chairs for you. On the other side is a large fancy looking wooden desk, and three very large book shelves. In the middle of the floor is a man and a woman, and after a moment you recognize them from the dining area on the upper floor. They lay there and do not move, but you are pretty sure they are still alive.

William and Prince Alexander both sit at the business table, on opposite sides. The Prince seems to be playing with his fancy hi tech phone, and William seems to be watching you as you enter. He gets up to welcome the four of you.

It is at this point, you notice a small child in a suit has followed you into the room. He has short Black hair and green eyes, and a very cold look on his face. His demeanor is very odd, as he acts very formal and Dignified. At the door entrance, he stops and bows to both the Prince and William.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7zKG3xdoUAkOVjUyKlV5yp_DvYeBpp m2djVjKZul8FwiZlDXYJA

With each person William shakes your hand. His grip is firm and dominating in nature, even to Danielle.
"Ms. Anderson, thank you for coming."
"Mr. Johnson, I'm glad you got our invitation. I always feel odd if I don't do something myself."
"Mr. Socult, Thanks for your patience"
"Dr. Ozimer, I hope you were able to enjoy the party."

The Prince looks up briefly, but as soon as he speaks you can't help but feel the authoritative power of his presence. His very words almost influence you into liking him. "I appreciate that you all have come tonight, I can understand the importance of time, so I won't waste yours. Before we begin, can I order anyone a drink? Or if you prefer, we have prepared two disposable meals if you find yourself rather hungry. If not, have a seat and we shall begin momentarily."

NotScaryBats
2012-07-04, 01:54 AM
Danielle Anderson

"Yes, of course," Danielle murmurs, seating herself. "I'd just as soon we get right down to business if its all the same to you." She is curious what precisely this 'business' is to begin with.

hayabusa
2012-07-07, 07:56 AM
"Yes, I'd prefer to get to business as well," Matthew says as he takes one more look around the area. The child unnerves him slightly, making him wonder that--if he was right-- what kind of ***hole would embrace a kid.

He looks at the others called into a meeting with the Prince of Chicago, studying them in a way.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-09, 09:13 PM
As Matthew finds himself eying the child, he finds the child meet his gaze. A cold look frightens him slightly....

The prince looks up from his phone, and is startled to see you all. "Ah, when did you 4 come in here?" He says jokingly, but you're not sure if he's really serious or not.

"Can any of you muster a clue as to why we've asked you four here tonight?" William says, sitting down.

For now, we will just assume Felix is here.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-09, 09:46 PM
Danielle Anderson

"Perhaps you needed the company?" Danielle suggests drily. "Or, with such a ... sundry ... group you have a specific task for us?" She affects airs of indifference.

hayabusa
2012-07-10, 09:57 AM
Disturbed and somewhat frightened, Matthew turns his attention away from the child and back to the prince of Chicago. "I was kind of hoping that you would tell us," he jokes back.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-11, 12:39 AM
"Ms. Anderson, I had expected you would have an answer to that question. You are rumored to be one of the best connected kindred in the city."
"Yes... SOMETHING about that must be incorrect" The prince says to her with a wink. William looks slightly unnerved.
"I think they meant besides you Alexander"
"Obviously"
"Anyway, the reason you have been called here is indeed that we have a task for you. The Sabbat have come to Chicago" He says grimly as if expecting a reaction from you all.

hayabusa
2012-07-11, 09:07 AM
"Sabbat?" Matthew says as the Prince mentions the notorious group. The Brujah racks his mind trying to think of the things he's heard about them, mostly Bogeyman tales from his sire. "****." is all he can mutter afterwards.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-16, 04:54 AM
Danielle Anderson

Glad to be down to business, Danielle loses some of her laconic mein and leans forward in her chair slightly. "Interesting. Do you foresee a full scale invasion?"

Why now? How many? Where? The questions pound through her head.

Dunno what roll is relevant here, but
Int 3, Per 3
Streetwise 2, Occult 4, Politics 0, Contacts 3
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-16, 11:15 AM
Danielle and anyone with Politics 2 or Occult 3
What you know about Sabbat is that the big struggles with them have traditionally been in the South. They control Mexico, and most of South America. So Camarilla territories in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona are constantly in conflict with them.

New Orleans, Miami, Orlando, Atlanta. These are all Sabbat cities. A few years ago, they took Seattle. A year after that they tried Vancouver and failed, being pushed out.

Dallas, Phoenix, and LA have been a long and bloody conflict. Technically they are both considered Camarilla but the presence there is too busy fighting off the Sabbat to exhibit much control over resident kindred.

So as to why they would now be going to Chicago? Well for starters, their failure in Vancouver has lost them complete control of the major cities of the west coast. Perhaps this is just a new effort to take control of the Mississippi River. Or perhaps they just target Camarilla cities that are large and only want them because the Camarilla has them.

"Eventually. The Sabbat's more recent tactics have been guerrilla style terrorism. They enter a city, spread into different safe-houses and make coordinated strikes. Their goal is to kill the weak and easy to target, and frighten the elders. After the population is lessened and demoralized, then they do make a full scale invasion with additional forces. In Seattle, all the Camarilla simply left out of fear."

"We don't really expect that response here though. Most elders may be cowards, but they've lived here long enough that they would likely feel cornered. And if you corner a animal, they are most dangerous. So that may backfire on them"

"Well that may be true... but the Sabbat are highly adaptive, even if they are unorganized. They may change tactics since their failure in Vancouver. Which is why you're here. By power of the Prince, under authority of the Camarilla, we are selecting you four to become part of Special Task force. A coterie as the term goes I believe."

hayabusa
2012-07-16, 02:59 PM
"What exactly are we supposed to do as this 'coterie'," Matt asks. "Go into the large safehouses and raise hell on the Sabbat within?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-16, 03:38 PM
"What exactly are we supposed to do as this 'coterie'," Matt asks. "Go into the large safehouses and raise hell on the Sabbat within?"

"Well if you did that, I certainly wouldn't argue with you over it. But No, that is not the intention. I have hand picked every one of you, and each of you serves a greater purpose as a whole. Your goal is to find and confirm locations of the Sabbat. Danielle is I suppose a key component to it, as she would be the key to finding leads. Felix is one of the most accomplished neonate scholars in the city. Together they should be able to turn up clues, leads, and maybe even a trail. Andrew, you and Erik serve as protection for the Coterie. In melee, you are likely quite fearsome. And Erik, besides having a Doctorate in Astro Physics, is a damn good shot. It's a puzzle that is perfectly put together."

The boy leans back, but says nothing. He's yet to say anything, but you kinda get the sense he's pissed. The prince looks smug as ever.

"To be fair, we also had chosen a fifth member who had connections to the criminal underworld, but she has chosen to ignore the prince's invitation. A most unfortunate mistake."

hayabusa
2012-07-16, 07:29 PM
"I can if I need to be," Matthew says with a slight grin on his face. "And, just to make sure I get this 100% straight: Sabbat have infiltrated the city and we're to seek them out and them report the activity to you, correct?"

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-16, 08:43 PM
"That is correct. Three nights ago one of my many clubs was attacked. They killed plenty of humans, but their target were the Kindred there. Since then we've looked into the matter, and all signs seem to point to a Sabbat Presence."

NotScaryBats
2012-07-17, 01:23 AM
Danielle Anderson

"The kine were killed and not Embraced? That is good -- perhaps they won't resort to hordes of neonates to do their fighting for them. Well, I for one am up to the task." Danielle continues in her businesslike tone.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-17, 11:19 AM
"Right now they're in somewhat of a sleeper cell mode. From our reports we understand that they stay in electronic communication, while each terrorist stays in their own safe-house while they're not active. Each Kindred makes 3 ghouls, feeds off them, and when the time comes they embrace them to make extra loyal shock troopers. When an attack is coming, they gather together into a pack and make their move. A day or two later they split up. At some point they'll kidnap a few of our members, semi-important in status, and torture them for info."

"So are you four willing to do this for your city? You will be compensated for you efforts of course."

NotScaryBats
2012-07-17, 03:41 PM
Danielle Anderson

"This is important; you can count on me," the woman says surprisingly emphatically. This is what she'd been waiting for. She looks around the table at the others gathered around her, unsure if they measured up to her caliber.

hayabusa
2012-07-17, 05:37 PM
"Yeah, I'll do it," Matthew says without hesitation

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-18, 01:32 AM
Finally the little boy speaks with a cold and angry voice
"I would tell you to go to hell. I would tell you that I am not your puppet to do any little dance you ask. I would storm out of here, and never set foot in this building again. But you knew that I would accept your requests for other reasons. Damn you two and your manipulative ways."

"Why you cooperate is not of concern to us Erik. Only that you do accept."

"Very well. I agree."

"Excellent. For each Sabbat member you find for us, you will each be paid 500 dollars. Its a fair price considering that's two grand a head, and you may find several all in one place. So when you-"

"Unacceptable. You will pay quadruple that. The fact that you keep dancing around this woman's connections makes it clear that she in invaluable to this operation. Now it's true that you could find a replacement for the brute, no offense to you sir, but myself and the Tremere dog are some what rare as well. Add to it the fact that myself and the brute have to keep this woman in one piece, and we have a very dangerous job. So you will not low ball us on this while you fat cats sit in your penthouse and fake smoke your fancy cigars."

"YOU LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE..." William begans to roar. A effect of fear washes over all of you. (Willpower roll not to run for it).

"William! Enough!" The prince says in a strong but calm voice. "We deposit five thousand dollars into a shared account for every head you bring us. When the Sabbat flee the city, as they did in Vancouver, we will double what we have paid to you for your time. Is this acceptable?"

The child crosses his arms, leans back, and smirks. "Quite."

hayabusa
2012-07-18, 12:44 PM
Matthew listens as the young child talks back to the Prince and his lieutenant, wondering what exactly is his story. He knew that if he had ever spoken to someone in power like this, he would not "survive" the end of the night.

Then William screams as he finds the insolence too much, and every fiber in Matt's body urges him to run out the door and get away from the angry elder.

[roll0]

NotScaryBats
2012-07-18, 06:26 PM
Danielle Anderson

[roll0]
Since my reaction depends on my roll...

Danielle is unfazed by the outburst, keeping her cool. She seems preoccupied laying plans and calculating possible scenarios.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-18, 08:14 PM
The prince seems somewhat impressed that no one was affected by Williams display. He gives you a look of approval.

"Well, unless you have further questions, you are dismissed. We hope to be hearing from you very soon."

hayabusa
2012-07-19, 06:00 PM
"No questions," Matthew says to the Prince's final question. Turning to leave, he looks at the others, seeing if they are following.

"I suppose that we ought to discuss how we plan on getting this done," he says as the door closes behind them.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-20, 12:24 AM
Felix wanders out, bumbling something about needed to check with his Tremere elder before he can help. He hands a card to Matthew with his number, and wanders off, back into the party room.

The little boy walks out with his hands in his pocket. He wears a look that seems both angry and sad. Looking up at Matthew he shrugs some, his nerve having worn off. He extends his small hand. "I suppose we should start with introducing ourselves formally. Erik Ozimer. You may call me Erik. And I'm afraid you and I aren't here for the thinking, or at least that's the impression I got..."

NotScaryBats
2012-07-20, 02:25 AM
Danielle Anderson

"Yes, a pleasure to meet you all," the woman says demurely, her dark brown eyes sizing up the gentlemen she is with. "I will make some inquiries before we proceed."

hayabusa
2012-07-20, 09:35 AM
"Typical Brujah stereotyping, I'd say. At least for me," Matthew laughs. "Name's Matthew Johnson. Nice to meet all of you."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-21, 12:52 AM
Alright, if you would like to say that numbers are exchanged, you can leave or return to the party. Let me know what you are doing and any plans the group has as a coterie.

NotScaryBats
2012-07-24, 08:07 PM
Danielle Anderson

Okay, it sounds like I'll have to do some digging into my Contacts and whatnot, so once we exchange our numbers I will move out, go home, and make some calls.

here, i dunno if you need or want a roll, lol
I plan to phone my contacts for info first, and go from there.

hayabusa
2012-07-25, 01:51 PM
After the meeting adjourns and numbers and e-mail addresses are exchanged, Matthew simply returns home.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-25, 03:10 PM
Danielle
Each day when you spend a number of hours equal to your contacts, roll your contact score. Successes gets you information the following night. You can get immediate information, but the Difficulty increases. If you don't have time to spend fishing around for leads, you can spend less time but for each hour less you spend, you roll one less die.

What info are you looking for specifically? The more specific the information, the higher the difficulty.

Matthew
What kind of car does he drive?

Roll perception+alertness to notice you are being followed on your way home.

hayabusa
2012-07-25, 09:44 PM
Danielle
Each day when you spend a number of hours equal to your contacts, roll your contact score. Successes gets you information the following night. You can get immediate information, but the Difficulty increases. If you don't have time to spend fishing around for leads, you can spend less time but for each hour less you spend, you roll one less die.

What info are you looking for specifically? The more specific the information, the higher the difficulty.

Matthew
What kind of car does he drive?

Roll perception+alertness to notice you are being followed on your way home.

I'd say likely a mid-00s sedan. Let's go with a 2006 Dodge Avenger, if it specifically matters

Matthew leaves the Trump tower and gets into his car, driving out of his parking spot and into the city. As he drives, he looks at the lights of downtown Chicago. Even long-term residents of the city don't fully recognize the changes that have happened in the last two decades. They've been blinded complacency. The Brujah sighs a bit. It's hard to get fully complacent in 20 years if you've been the same for the past 60. Changing styles that he'd have to constantly be aware of, not wanting to arouse suspicion by being too out of it.

"Bah," he says as he stops at a red light and turns off the radio. There's a man on the talk station blabbing about ghosts and what he's seen beyond: ghosts ruling other ghosts and a vast oblivion that threatens to swallow all. He turns on the CD player and the one thing that he has allowed to keep of his previous style. The jazz of Count Basie fills the night as he pushes the accelerator as the light turns green.

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-04, 12:33 PM
Matthew
Matthew isn't certain, perhaps it's just the paranoia from the evening's events, or even the radio show, but the more he drives the more he starts to think a car is following him. It seems to be going great lengths to stay back from him, and it makes all the same turns that he makes. And when you finally get on the tollway, it does too. His senses just feel on edge, and that car seems to be setting them off.

Danielle
Much more able to answer any questions about inquiries that you may have now. Ask away?

NotScaryBats
2012-08-04, 05:34 PM
Danielle calls upon her contacts to determine where the attackers from the club went, who they were, and what sort of methods they used for attack. She tries to find surveillance footage, police reports, interviews with survivors, and the like.

It takes several hours.

My Contacts Score is 3. [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-04, 06:35 PM
One of your contacts says he can get all the video footage to you by the following night. That's all you turn up for the first night. Anything else you are doing?

hayabusa
2012-08-04, 09:11 PM
"Okay, what the hell?" Matthew says as he turns the music off, leaving the only sound nearby his and other's cars. He glances in the rear view mirror, watching for the car in the distance.

"whattodo, whattodo, whattodo, whattodo," the Brujah chants under his breath as the paranoia begins to creep in. It's obvious at the moment that he can't go home, at least not directly. Whoever it is in the car behind him, Matt doesn't want them to know where he lives.

"Let's see if I can lose this *******," he mutters as he takes the next exit.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-04, 09:19 PM
As you slow down some, so does the other car. Almost as if they want to keep a distance. And sure enough, they seem to be getting off at the same exit as you...

Roll wits+drive to try and lose them. If they are indeed following you.

hayabusa
2012-08-04, 09:29 PM
"Ah, son of a *****..." Matt curses as he continues to head into a more populated area, hoping to rid himself of this stalker.

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-06, 12:21 PM
Matthew
[roll0]
As you take off, speeding through yellow lights and swerving back and forth between lanes, it becomes clear that this car was either not following you or unwilling to take the risks you were taking. You quickly lose it from your rear view mirror, and are able to continue on your way home.

Everyone
For those still playing, the night has come to an end.
Please answer the following:
What has my character learned from the night's transgressions?

hayabusa
2012-08-07, 08:13 AM
Matthew
[roll0]
As you take off, speeding through yellow lights and swerving back and forth between lanes, it becomes clear that this car was either not following you or unwilling to take the risks you were taking. You quickly lose it from your rear view mirror, and are able to continue on your way home.

Everyone
For those still playing, the night has come to an end.
Please answer the following:
What has my character learned from the night's transgressions?

Matthew, seeing that he seems to be clear for the time being, takes a few side streets through the Chicago metro area before finally getting back on the toll road and heading home. He turns the music back on, thinking about what's happened this night.

'I really stuck my foot in my mouth with that one girl,' he thinks. Complaining about his sire so casually in front of someone who had recently lost theirs. Then there was the meeting with the Prince and his lieutenant themselves... He mentally adds a note to never give them any reason to be even remotely displeased with them, ever.

Finally, there was the car. As Matthew pulls into his garage and closes the door, he lingers slightly at a nearby window for a few minutes. Not knowing if it was just a coincidental meeting with a motorist heading his way or something more sinister, the Brujah resolves to be a bit more perspective in the next couple of nights.

He sits down and boots up his computer, reading the results of the taping that he had missed due to the Prince's party and reading articles about the club killings that the Prince had mentioned before turning in an hour before sunrise.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-07, 03:26 PM
Danielle finally realized why she came to this city -- she just hopes the threat is worthy of the last ten years of her life spent preparing for it.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-08, 03:42 PM
Matthew
Matthew manages to find a story on the web about the shooting. It actually surprises him that there is virtually nothing about it. He just happened to have found something that mentions it, and even then the story gives very little on details.

A car pulled up, 4-5 men got out with guns and started shooting their way into the club. 23 people were wounded. 2 died. No money was taken, and after the shooting the suspects fled the scene. It is believed to be a gang crime by the police, and investigation is still ongoing.

The day goes by without incident, and you awaken the next day with one less blood point.

Danielle
The next night as promised, there is a tape that has been delivered to your mail box. A note simply says 'sorry, couldn't get the club security footage. Next best thing.'

You pop the tape in, and see the club from a ATM camera across the street. The lighting is bad, and the video slightly grainy, but you know it when it happens.

An old style Buick pulls up, and 4 guys get out. All of them have automatic weapons and they shoot the bouncer immediately. They enter and remain there for a moment or two. Then they quickly flee. All of the shooters are wearing ski masks.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-09, 02:56 AM
Danielle looks long and hard at the security footage. She idly raps a pen against her lips, lost in concentration. Not a whole lot to go on, there, but ...

A train of thought hits her, and she gets to work. First, the license plate number of the Buick. If she can track down the car, she might be able to track down the attackers. Then, its a matter of how diligently the thugs are hiding. Did they kill a family, steal the car, and are squatting in their house? Did they bring their own car? Abandon the vehicle somewhere else and disappear into the sewers?

Time would tell. First, find out about the car.

Gonna spend another few hours looking into this car thing. [roll0]

hayabusa
2012-08-09, 11:25 AM
Matthew saves the website to his computer documents and then turns it off before turning in.

Updated Sheet (http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/18431?message=true)

Spent 2 xp to increase Etiquette by one dot and spent 3 to gain a dot in Computers.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 12:53 PM
Danielle looks long and hard at the security footage. She idly raps a pen against her lips, lost in concentration. Not a whole lot to go on, there, but ...

A train of thought hits her, and she gets to work. First, the license plate number of the Buick. If she can track down the car, she might be able to track down the attackers. Then, its a matter of how diligently the thugs are hiding. Did they kill a family, steal the car, and are squatting in their house? Did they bring their own car? Abandon the vehicle somewhere else and disappear into the sewers?

Time would tell. First, find out about the car.

Gonna spend another few hours looking into this car thing. [roll0]
The video is too dark to make the license plate out, but... you know some guys who can work on increasing the resolution of the tape . You're having trouble getting a hold of them at the moment however...

And random side note, if you can increase the resolution of the tape, getting the plate number should be easy since Illinois has both front and back plates.

Matthew
Anything you're doing when you wake up?

NotScaryBats
2012-08-09, 04:46 PM
So, that punk with the 'do anything' laptop isn't picking up, huh? Danielle squints at the image a moment longer before trying a different tactic.

I have 2 dots of computers. Can I do it myself? If so, I dunno what the other roll would be -- Int? Dex?
My Per and Int are both 3
Wits, and all Phys are 2s
So, likely dice pool of 4 -- maybe 5:
[/rollv]5d10[/roll]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 05:26 PM
Remember that some things you are limited in what you can do depending on how many dots you have in that skill. So with only 2 dots, there are many things you can't do with computers. Rudimentary increases in resolution and magnification of images, I am going to allow this time however.

You manage to conclude that its a burgundy Buick Oldsmobile. And you get a partial of the plate. Given it's a older car, that more than enough to track the car. What are your major contacts again?

NotScaryBats
2012-08-09, 05:47 PM
With 3 dots I get 3, right?
I would like to have a contact in the police department, Jorge, a Camarilla vampire, Ruby, and an IT specialist, Malcolm.

If that's okay.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 05:54 PM
Those all sound fine. So with a simple phone call, you can have someone checking up on that car rather than calling around for a few hours. Is there anything you are doing in the meantime while they get you that information?

hayabusa
2012-08-09, 06:24 PM
Matthew's eyes slowly open from his deep slumber. The Brujah sits up from his bed and looks at the clock on the nightstand, the number changes to 8:25. The sun's still out, but barely, but the bedroom is darkened from the accursed sunlight by the blinds and a thick blanket tacked against the window. The Brujah changes into some clean clothing and switches on the news while waiting for the last of the sun to set. "I hate summer..." he grumbles as he changes the channel.

An hour later he pulls out of his driveway, a slight hunger gnawing inside of his stomach. He can ignore it for another day, he knows, but the words of the Prince are in his head. If it's true and this Sabbat are really beginning to make their moves into Chicago, he'll need all of the precious vitae that he can get.

He heads toward downtown Chicago, headed towards a bar that he's frequented off and on in the past few weeks. There's somewhat good hunting there, he thinks as he exits his car and drops a few dollars worth of quarters into the parking meter. The Brujah scans the area, the idea of a surprise attack by rogue Kindred at the back of his mind.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-09, 06:42 PM
How difficult would it be to compile a map with the major vampire clubs and hangouts marked on it, for an easy-to-reference visual to aid me in my investigation?

spoiler I don't mean like a drawn map or anything, but Danielle would likely construct such a thing like in a detective show with little thumbtacks and red strings and notecards. She's like that.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-10, 10:40 PM
Matthew
You arrive at the bar with little trouble. The place is moderately crowded, being a Sunday night. The best nights for feeding now behind you for a few days.

How do you go about sustenance? Depending on the answer, make the required roll?

(For example, if you seduce woman that are inebriated, Make a appearance+Subterfuge/empathy to attract them. Then make a Manipulation+subterfuge to seduce them. Or if you happen to jump people in the parking lot, Perception+alertness followed by stealth+dex)

Danielle
The map you seek to create could be done. And although you don't know all the Vampire hot spots, you know several of them and could find out more given time. Keep in mind, that if such a map were to fall into mortal hands, it would be a very serious breach of the masquerade.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-10, 11:00 PM
To kill time and organize her thoughts, Danielle makes the skeleton of a map. Once she finds out more specifics, she will flesh it out.

good point about the masquerade, but if someone is snooping in my apt, there are bigger concerns lol

hayabusa
2012-08-11, 07:07 PM
Matthew enters the bar, looking around at the patrons already inside, stalking prey that he hasn't even noticed yet. He scans the crowd for a woman who has already had a little too much to drink. A memory surfaces when this was the norm for the entirely human reason. Alone in a town and moderately famous. Hell, sometimes they even sought him out. That was why I was divorced when I was Embraced, he thinks bitterly before pushing painful memories out of his head.

There, her... he thinks as he begins his hunt in earnest.

Appearance+Empathy: [roll0]
Manipulation+Subterfuge: [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-12, 12:50 PM
You don't really catch the eye of any of the ladies there in the first hour. Were you trying to use your fame to aid in your hunting?

hayabusa
2012-08-12, 01:10 PM
You don't really catch the eye of any of the ladies there in the first hour. Were you trying to use your fame to aid in your hunting?

No, he's just remembering what is used to be like before he was embraced. Let's go for hour two, if nothing then I'll give this up for the night.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-13, 11:07 AM
You find a young lady who you manage to catch the eye of, but she's out with some friends and you're having trouble getting her alone.

hayabusa
2012-08-13, 09:10 PM
Matthew continues talking with the young woman, doing his best to get her alone. He doesn't try for long, thinking that if he doesn't get anywhere closer to separating her from her friends in the next half hour, he's not going to get anywhere.

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-15, 10:06 AM
You succeed in getting the woman alone. How many blood points do you take from her?

hayabusa
2012-08-15, 11:57 AM
You succeed in getting the woman alone. How many blood points do you take from her?

Had to look it up in the book. I'll take two to leave her relatively okay.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-18, 11:55 AM
Alright, is Matthew doing more hunting or doing something else?

hayabusa
2012-08-19, 06:50 PM
As he finishes his meal, Matthew leaves the parking lot of the bar and pulls out a mobile phone, dialing in the number that Danielle had given him the night before, hoping that the research that she stated that she was going to do had panned out.

"Danielle, this is Matthew, we met at the meeting last night. I was wondering if you've turned anything up yet." he says if she answers the phone.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-19, 07:12 PM
Am I still waiting for the plates?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-19, 09:43 PM
Yes, you are still waiting on the plates. Given you started the night off with working on the video tape, you would have just requested the favor from your contact.

I will explain why when I give you the information, but suffice it to say that you won't be getting the info on the plates on the current night. So if Danielle doesn't do anything else for the night, and Matthew is done feeding, we can skip ahead if you like.

Or if there is anything you would like to do, you are welcome to address it now.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-20, 07:59 PM
No, that is fine. I just wanted to know what to tell my accomplice when he calls me.

Danielle puts down her work for a moment and answers the phone irritably, "Yes?" After hearing what Matthew has to say, she responds, "I'm tracking down the getaway vehicle -- if our assailants are careless or stupid, I should be able to find them that way. As soon as I know something, I will tell you." Her tone becomes businesslike and somewhat clipped, as it was towards the end of their meeting with the Prince.

hayabusa
2012-08-21, 12:23 PM
"All right," Matthew says as Danielle briefs him on the info she's searching for so far. "Keep me posted if and when you do find something." He takes note of her businesslike and clipped voice and wonders if he's done something to tick her off as well.

"I doubt it, but let's see if there's anything interesting at the scene..." he mutters to himself as he places his phone back in his pocket.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-22, 07:25 PM
So what's going on? More hunting for Matthew? Is Danielle making any more phone calls?

hayabusa
2012-08-22, 10:08 PM
If Matthew knows the name of the club that was attacked, he'll take a look there, at the very least to see the layout of the area.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-22, 10:46 PM
Having found the name on the internet the previous night, you know the name and find the address in a phone book at the bar. Once you have it, you head downtown to the club.

It actually takes Matthew much longer to find it than he expected. It's somewhat masked down a small street off a busy main road. However upon arriving you discover that it is currently closed off, and police tape seal the door.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-22, 11:39 PM
After hanging up the phone, Danielle returns to her map and ruminations.

hayabusa
2012-08-23, 11:09 AM
Matthew looks around the area, searching to see if anyone would notice if he ducked under the police tape and made his way to the crime scene.

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 06:06 PM
Matthew doesn't see anyone or thing that could be watching him. However the police tape is over the door. The door is locked with a dead bolt. The front of the building has no windows. So your options if you want to break in are a) pick/kick down the door. B) Go down the dark alley all by yourself looking for a window/side entrance.

hayabusa
2012-08-23, 09:15 PM
I get the hint. :)

Matthew picks up the dead bolt for a second, feeling the cold steel under his fingers before he sets it down. "Should have known it wouldn't have been that easy..." the Brujah mutters underneath his breath. He begins to head towards the dark alleyway before stopping. The Sabbat had already hit this club in the last week and there was no real way of knowing if they hadn't staked it out again. Going down the alley would leave him excessively vunerable.

Returning to his car, Matthew returns to the hunt, heading to another one of his haunts.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-23, 09:40 PM
Seriously wasn't trying to keep you from doing anything. Sorry if it came off that way.

You found yourself another meal. 2 blood points?

hayabusa
2012-08-23, 10:08 PM
Took it the wrong way then. Sorry for misunderstanding. Yes, two blood points.

"I'm sorry," Matthew mouths as he finishes licking the puncture wounds from his fangs shut from the woman he had seduced. He had practiced this ritual for years now, but he never tried to trivialize it. The people that he was feeding off of had names, families and ambitions of their own.

He leaves this nightclub's parking lot in his car, checking his phone for messages before turning onto the street.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-24, 03:02 PM
Danielle
You receive a phone call from Jorge in the early evening. His voice sounds agitated when he speaks.
"Danielle, I think I have what you're looking for. We ran that partial plate for you. It didn't match to any Oldsmobile on file. But I pulled some strings and had them run a cross reference, and out of the owners of the possible plates, one person came up who had another car registered five years ago. A buick Oldsmobile. Same color and everything. I've got the guys info pulled up right here if you want anything other than a name."

Matthew
You've been awake for about 45 minutes when your phone rings. The number appears to be blocked. Do you answer it or let it go to voice mail?

Don't forget to minus one blood point for a new night.

hayabusa
2012-08-24, 06:37 PM
The phone rings in Matthew's living room, prompting the Brujah to mute the television and pick up the mobile phone. The number is blocked and he hesitates for a second before answering it.

"Hello?" he answers in the phone slowly.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-24, 08:19 PM
Danielle awakens hungry. She really should have partaken some of that swill they were serving at the party, but it really was hard to get down refrigerated blood -- even if it was warmed up. Ah, well, if all the Kindred were connoisseurs...

Stopping that train of thought with a shake of her bleary head, Danielle steps into the shower. The cool water helped wash away some of her anxieties.

She stepped out refreshed and ready for the evening's work. With immaculate timing, Jorge called.

"Danielle, I think I have what you're looking for. We ran that partial plate for you. It didn't match to any Oldsmobile on file. But I pulled some strings and had them run a cross reference, and out of the owners of the possible plates, one person came up who had another car registered five years ago. A buick Oldsmobile. Same color and everything. I've got the guys info pulled up right here if you want anything other than a name."

Her first thought: Is he deceased? She spoke smoothly and elegantly, as she always did when interacting with this particular human. "I appreciate it, Jorge. Yes, I'm afraid I need all the details on this one -- if my hunch is correct... well, first things first: what do you have for me?"

Danielle tapped her finger on her lips as she listened to Jorge's response. Not usually a nervous man -- that was Malcolm's specialty -- she wondered what was bothering him.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-24, 09:17 PM
Danielle
"Alright, they belong to a guy by the name Herbert Falsmot. Age 82. Korean war veteran, retired Real Estate Lawyer. Looks like he hasn't had a drivers license for 6 years when he failed an eye exam. No criminal record. Lives in Hoffman estates, out in the west suburbs. ::He gives you an exact address::. Wife deceased 10 years. Anything else you need?"

Matthew
The voice on the phone is somewhat cold and emotionless, but it takes you no trouble to place it. You don't talk to many kids after all.
"Hello Matthew, it's Erik. I haven't heard from anyone so far, and I was just checking on the progress. I decided if there was anything worthwhile knowing, you would know it. Otherwise it would be best to not disturb Danielle. So have you heard anything?"

hayabusa
2012-08-24, 09:27 PM
"Erik, hi," Matthew says as he sits back down on the small sofa in the living room. "I actually called her last night to get a progress report and I kinda learned that lesson myself. She said that she's looking into license plates but that's as far as she told me.

I actually stopped by the place last night. It's secured pretty well, at least from the street. I wasn't all that comfortable heading down a side street."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-24, 10:20 PM
"You mean where the shooting happened? Hmm, I'm surprised the prince still has it closed down. Bussiness as usual, no matter the cost... Strikes me as his motto. Hold on just a second."
He steps off the phone for a good 30 seconds, and then comes back. His voice just as calm.

"Oh, just thought you would like to know your phone isn't currently tapped. Anyway, where were we? The club, that's right. Do you think there will be anything to find there now that the police have picked over it? If so, I got my gear last night. We can go check it out while the lady chases cars if you like."

NotScaryBats
2012-08-24, 10:44 PM
"That is perfect," Danielle purrs, immensely pleased, "you really are a lifesaver, Jorge. I need to check this out before it goes cold -- but I'll stay in touch." Their usual agreement standing, Danielle realizes she now owes Jorge a favor. But, that's a question for another night.

hayabusa
2012-08-24, 11:03 PM
"Ah ****, I never do think about that," Matthew frowns as Erik checks the phone line for bugs. "As for the club, I really don't know. I was just going around the area just to see the place with my own eyes. I don't know if I even could see something that the police couldn't, but it was just a hunch."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-25, 01:10 AM
Danielle
Jorge pauses for a moment, and you sense he wants to say something. But he must decide against it. "Yeah, you take care of yourself." He says simply, and hangs up.

Matthew
"You get used to after it happens repeatedly. I've always heard Lasambra can't be video taped, I've always wondered if their voices can be recorded. I would envy them if they couldn't."

"Well like I said, it's your call. If you want to take a better look, I can pick you up in about an hour and we can take a look. That way if something goes bad you're have some back up. Oh, I nearly forgot to tell you. That Tremere who basically said nothing during the meeting, I called him before you. He's pussyfooting out of this. Claims his elders won't let him get involved because of the danger. What a load of ****."

NotScaryBats
2012-08-25, 01:53 AM
Danielle ponders this a moment, filing it away for another night. She hoped it could wait that long.

I will call Matt when it is convenient for the story.

hayabusa
2012-08-25, 10:19 AM
"Thankfully I haven't had to worry about stuff like that until now," Matthew says as wiretapping is brought up. "As for going to check the building out, that's fine by me. I'll meet you in an hour at the Wal-Mart on," he thinks for a second and then gives the address to the nearest store.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-25, 10:53 AM
Matthew
He agrees to meet you there and hangs up. You quickly start getting ready to go out, and moments before you step out your phone rings again. It is Danielle.

hayabusa
2012-08-25, 11:12 AM
"Danielle, hello,"[b] Matthew says as he answers the phone. [b]"I assume that you've found something?"

NotScaryBats
2012-08-25, 12:26 PM
"Yes, how soon can you be at (address three blocks from Herbert's place)?" Danielle has found a location near the house for a staging area, to brief her associates, get ready, and move out from.

hayabusa
2012-08-25, 12:52 PM
"Hmm..." Matthew begins as he leans against the front door. "I was going to meet Erik just now, but I'll have to tell him that there's been a change of plans and head over there instead. I trust that you've found something interesting, then."

NotScaryBats
2012-08-25, 07:15 PM
"I believe in overwhelming force. I found the getaway car's resgistered address. It might be empty, might be a setup, or might be a nest of angry vampires."

hayabusa
2012-08-25, 08:38 PM
"Sounds like fun," Matthew says with a smile. The Brujah double checks the hunting knife in his belt for a second as he waits for another response.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-25, 09:17 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"We can iron out the details in person. Come prepared, and ask Erik for his assistance, if you don't mind."/COLOR] Danielle hefts her Colt Anaconda, which she keeps as fastitiously clean as the rest of her possessions. "And remember what we're up against." Danielle feels mixed feelings about this Brujah, and hopes he can bring the heat as well as the prince suggested.

hayabusa
2012-08-25, 09:46 PM
"Okay, Danielle," Matthew says as he opens the front door of his small, rented house. "See you soon." He shuts the door behind him and locks it before heading to his car.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-26, 12:38 AM
Danielle hangs up the phone, holsters her magnum, and leaves her apartment (can it be a condo? I'd rather she owned it rather than rented). She is hungry, and feels the need to feed before the night's activities, especially if they turn deadly.

On her way down to the garage, Danielle ponders what she can do to grab a bite on the way.

[roll0]
Int Streetwise roll, subtract the last one if its Wits SW
She is specifically thinking if there is a place she could go to, play 'innocent small towner in the big city just had a rotten night with a jerk' routine, grab a guy really quickly, and feed a bit.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-26, 02:18 PM
Matthew
You go to the meet point at Walmart, and wait. You're there maybe two minutes before a Black Lexus pulls up next to you. The windows are tinted so you can't see inside, however it doesn't take long for someone to get out.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5BWwBXGWl0Y/T_6gAJa29kI/AAAAAAAAAos/g28F1AqWkzM/s400/Lexus-IS250-wallpapers+(2).jpg

A man in a nice suit, wearing black driving gloves, steps out of the car and approaches your window. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VuH2D_uqEDU/TUHAGwzMDZI/AAAAAAAACvs/hGnw0gAgIJs/s400/Clark%25252BGable%25252Bas%25252BRhett%25252BButle r.jpg "Mr. Johnson I presume. If you feel this is a safe place to leave your car, feel free to get anything you need. Erik is waiting in the back of the vehicle when you are ready." With that, he returns to the Lexus and stands near the rear door in preparation to open it for you.

Danielle
You know of several places where you could play that card. However the process never takes the same amount of time. So it's hard to judge what would be quick. In about an hour, it's entirely possible.

hayabusa
2012-08-26, 03:06 PM
Matthew smiles at the chauffer as he steps out of his own car. "It's the best that I can think of," he says as he closes and locks the door. "I'm also as ready as I can be for what's to come," he says as he walks to the door with a hint of caution.

NotScaryBats
2012-08-26, 06:42 PM
Danielle looks at her watch as she walks. Deciding she has the time, she sends Matthew a text and goes hunting.

"Something came up -- check out the bar and meet me where I told you in an hour. Be careful."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-26, 11:46 PM
Matthew
As you approach the car, the chauffer opens the door for you, and bows slightly. Sitting inside is a rather roomy back seat, and Erik. His young appearance is still as unsettling as it was the previous night, but now he seems to be dressed in black jeans and a long sleeve navy blue shirt. Seeing him out of the suit and tie that he wore two nights ago at least puts you more at ease than before. On the floor sits a metal case, easily double the size of a briefcase, and Matthew is fairly certain there's a gun in there. Erik looks at you, and makes a welcoming gesture.
"Matthew, good to see you. I hope you don't mind that I'm driving. Well, in a manner of speaking. I have special plates for special occasions, and you don't strike me as the type to have that kind of contingency."

hayabusa
2012-08-27, 09:39 AM
"I don't mind at all, but I have to say that there's been a change in plans," Matthew says as he moves to enter the car. The beep of his phone interrupts him from saying more. The Brujah checks the text message sent to him by Danielle. "Okay, change of plans to the change of plans. She had found the address used by the car and we were to meet her and then head out there, but now she says to go ahead and check out the nightclub and meet her there in an hour. Probably wants to get a bite to eat," he guesses.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-29, 10:32 AM
He smiles slightly, and waits for you to sit down. The driver closes the door for you, and gets into the front.
"So she turned something up already? Most convenient that we have already assembled. Well let us take a quick look then at this night club, and then we will move on to Danielle's project."

With that, he allows you to tell the driver the location of the night club. As the driver pulls out, Matthew does get a weird feeling in his stomach, but it passes after a moment. Once the vehicle gets on the highway, Erik takes the metal case on the floor on places it on his lap. Once he opens it, Matthew sees the small cache of weapons inside. There appears to be several parts of weapons inside, still needing to be assembled, but what catches his eye is the hand guns. They're unusually small, specially made for a woman or someone with small hands...
http://kbptula.ru/eng/str/strelk/images/p96m.jpg
About a half hour later, the car arrives at the club. Erik has the driver pull around the block once to get a good look, and it doesn't appear anyone is out at the moment. "So? would you like to go in the front door or down the back alley?"

hayabusa
2012-08-29, 09:55 PM
"I'd say back alley," Matthew answers. "It's not busy a street, but I wouldn't prefer for just anyone to see us break in."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-29, 10:53 PM
The two of you turn down the back alley, and Erik is kind enough to let you take point. It does strike you as odd that you're basically a huge hulking guy, and you have someone watching your back that's effectively a 10 year old physically.

Down the back alley it dead ends. There is a large green dumpster, and a side door. The door, when tested, is locked.

Make a Perception+Alertness roll, difficulty 7, to hear the thing in the trash can before it it hears you. :smallbiggrin:

hayabusa
2012-08-30, 09:13 AM
Matthew walks silently down the back alley, occasionally turning his head to see if Erik was still behind him, worried slightly that the strange feeling that he had in his stomach several minutes ago wasn't some type of warning about an impending betrayal.

P+A: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-30, 11:14 AM
Erik is about 10 feet behind you, and he looks ready to draw his guns on anything that moves. Which in this case, is something in the dumpster that you both here.

You approach the dumpster cautiously, but before you can open it, out pops a slightly deranged looking hobo with large stick. "Hey! You can't have it! This is my sleeping place tonight Frank!"

hayabusa
2012-08-30, 12:06 PM
"I am not Frank and I have no intention of taking your spot tonight," Matthew says as walks a bit closer to the homeless man. "How long have you been here, in fact?" he asks.

[roll0]

Charisma+Manipulation to get on his friendly side? Will that work?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-31, 12:43 PM
You basically never roll two attributes. So it most likely would be manipulation+empathy. However don't roll anything just yet.

The man stares blankly at you for a second pondering your question, then grunts. He begins counting quietly with his fingers, and when he gets to five, he stops. "Le'ssee,.. today the moon is Gibbous... and the garbage comes on tuesday... and fish friday is on thurday...so I've been here since Saturday." He mutters quietly.

"Hey, could you spare some change?" He says much louder, holding out a empty cup.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-31, 01:05 PM
Danielle
You head over to the 'Boss Bar', located not far from the waterfront. It's a casual drinking establishment that caters to all ages, however School has just let out a few weeks earlier so the college crowd isn't really present at the moment.

Inside you find yourself with plenty of potential. There are three males who look like blue collar workers sitting at a table, a man and a woman sitting at a table in the corner, Three girls in their early twenties sitting at a table, and scattered about the bar counter is 4 males and 1 female of various ages, all sitting by themselves. One of the men, who looks middle aged in a blue dress shirt glances over at you and smiles before turning back to his drink.

Before you make an approach on anyone, make a Appearance+subterfuge roll.

hayabusa
2012-08-31, 02:41 PM
Matthew fishes in his wallet and pulls out a $20 bill. It's practically everything that he has on him at the moment for the need for pocket change lessens considerably when you no longer need to eat. "If you make yourself scarce for a couple of hours," he adds before handing the bill to the homeless man. "I hear that there's a good diner about a mile away."

NotScaryBats
2012-08-31, 02:46 PM
appearance subterfuge
[roll0] -2 difficulty on social rolls vs people attracted to me

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-03, 12:12 PM
Matthew
"Hey, for twenty smackers, you can have the spot Frank. I'll go to the dumpster behind mcdonalds..." He says, snatching the twenty from your hand and slowly climbing out of the dumpster. He skurries past Erik, who keeps his gun behind his back and face at the hobo at all times. As he passes they seem to eye each other suspiciously. It wouldn't surprise you to see Erik pull his handgun out and put a few into the back of the hobo, but it doesn't happen. The hobo leaves the alleyway, talking to himself, and disappears around the corner.

"So, do you know how to pick locks, or shall we be emphasizing the breaking in our breaking & entering?" Erik asks once he can no longer see the hobo.

Psiclone
I was looking also for a direction for who you were trying to ensnare. But unless you object, I will just point you in the direction of the only person who you've gotten the attention of so far, the man who smiled at you.

So unless you object, you sit down next to him and he offers to buy you a drink.

hayabusa
2012-09-03, 12:33 PM
"The only lockpick I have is my boot," Matthew says as the scurrying homeless man leaves the area. "Just don't touch anything inside so we don't have to worry about fingerprints. If they're even in the system..."

NotScaryBats
2012-09-03, 12:42 PM
sorry, you had said before you make an approach on someone, and I thought you just wanted a roll from me.

Danielle approaches the bar and sits with the smiling man. She takes a White Russian, when he offers to buy her a drink.

"I just had a terrible day, y'know? Men can be such jerks, sometimes." She begins her charade for the evening, projecting a need to blow off some steam with a tinge of vulnerability.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-03, 01:06 PM
Matthew
Erik removes a small tool from his pocket, and hands it to you. Its roughly the size look of a screw driver, but the handle is much wide and it has a button. Instead of a screw tip, it's a wide drill tip.
"Here. It's a lock drill. if you drill the lock first, it will make less noise when you bust it down."

After you drill the lock, if you choose to do so, make a strength+athletics roll

Danielle
"Sorry to hear that" he says, still smiling at you. "Well I'd be happy to listen to you about it if it would make you feel better. I'm Robert, but you can call me Bob."

hayabusa
2012-09-03, 09:48 PM
"Huh," Matthew says as he analyzes the devices given to him by Erik. "Never seen one of these things before."

The Brujah drills into the lock and hands the drill back to Erik. He exhales a breath that he doesn't need and backs against the wall opposite the door. Rushing at the door, he aims his foot right below the door knob.

[roll0]

NotScaryBats
2012-09-03, 09:52 PM
Don't you have, like, 5 Potence anyway? Or was that another character?

"Thanks, Bob," Danielle says, accepting the drink and taking a sip, "but I wouldn't want to be a bother. No, it'd be nice to move on, if you know what I mean."

hayabusa
2012-09-03, 10:24 PM
Don't you have, like, 5 Potence anyway? Or was that another character?

"Thanks, Bob," Danielle says, accepting the drink and taking a sip, "but I wouldn't want to be a bother. No, it'd be nice to move on, if you know what I mean."

I have two Potence, but I'd only like to use my Disciplines if I really need them.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-03, 10:26 PM
Sorry, this whole time I thought you were the 5 Potence elder Chinese vampire. I'm gonna go amend my mental picture of Matthew...

hayabusa
2012-09-03, 10:43 PM
Sorry, this whole time I thought you were the 5 Potence elder Chinese vampire. I'm gonna go amend my mental picture of Matthew...

No, that's certainly not my character. Look up Gene Kiniski and Frank Gotch, he's kinda a cross between the two, appearance wise.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-04, 02:33 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100627175954/prowrestling/images/8/8c/Frank_Gotch.jpg
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2010/04/04/champ.jpg

Matthew
The lock breaks effortless from your kick, but the door still resists some. However with your potence in mind, it's not even a challenge and the busts inwards. From there you realize that the door had been barred, and it will now be crystal clear someone was here.

Erik moves to your flank, with the gun pointed inward and darts around looking for anyone waiting inside. Neither of you see anyone however, just a dark and lifeless night club. The side entrance takes you in near the back, and you see stair on your immediate right going up to a second floor. Besides the large dance floor, there are tables around the edges and a bar to your left. Near the front entrance there is more police tape, and two chalked out body markings.

It's not quite what I have in my mind, but it's close. Mind you, no light however.
http://www.exploringlasvegas.com/nightclubs/lavo/lavo-night-club-las-vegas.jpg

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-04, 02:37 PM
Danielle
Your wits+subterfuge [roll0]
He continues to give you a happy smile. Perhaps confident that you are coming onto him.
"Hey, sometimes you when you have a bad team, you have to know when to switch." He then gives you a flirtatious wink. "So tell me about yourself. What do you do for a living?" he inquires, not even acting bothered that you didn't introduce yourself.

hayabusa
2012-09-04, 03:31 PM
Matthew pulls out his cell phone and hits the lantern function, turning the entire screen white. He holds the phone up as a makeshift flashlight as he heads towards the front of the nightclub.

"Bit curious why they barred the door from the inside," Matthew whispers as the dark shrinks back a few feet away from the light from his phone. "I said it before, but I will again: don't touch anything unless you absolutely have to."

Thanks for posting the images, CowMasterTrojan.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-04, 03:41 PM
"Seems obvious to me. They didn't want people breaking in. Most people would need a battering ram to get that open."

Following your lead, he takes a cell phone out and follows your lead of using it for light. "Well I feel foolish. I have body armor in the car, but not a flashlight. Perhaps we should try to find the light switch? or do you not want to touch that either?"

hayabusa
2012-09-04, 04:16 PM
"Funny," Matthew replies with a smirk as he follows the wall, looking for some sort of light switch. "At least with something like switches, I can hit them with the phone."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-04, 04:33 PM
The two of you manage to find a circuit breaker not far from the side door, and easily enough get the power on. The lights and music kick on for a moment, and then you flip the power to the music off, leaving you with a eerie quiet. You almost feel like you're being watched, but neither of you see anyone here. Where do you go?

hayabusa
2012-09-04, 05:46 PM
How bright is it inside of the club? Could it possibly be seen from outside?

Matthew begins to walk from the circuit breaker back to the dance floor, ducking under or walking over the police tape, depending on its height, heading for the chalk outlines on the floor. He takes another look at the area before kneeling down near the closest outline, wondering why he feels like he's being watched.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-04, 11:28 PM
There are no windows on the lower level of the club, and the second level windows are tinted. Your break in is theoretically safe.

Matthew's perception+investigation
[roll0]
Guys, I know I switch back and forth between rolling for you and not rolling for you. If this is a problem for you, let me know and I will stop it. It just seems sometimes that I can save a real time day just by making a roll for you, and I'm over eager sometimes. I figure I roll the same way you guys do, so it's really all the same. But I can understand how sometimes you like to make you're own rolls. So tell me if you don't want me to do your rolls from time to time to speed things up.

Matthew looks over the crime scene for a minute. Besides the dried blood everywhere, he pays special attention to the position of the bodies. He's no CSI, but he's watched enough crime shows to tell that the victims were shot from a distance, and from the angle the shooters likely were right at the entrance when they were killed. What he finds odd is that the bodies were in the middle of the dance floor, when the shooters would have surely had to go through security to fire into the crowd like this.

This leads you to three possibilities.
1) There was no security to speak of.
2) Security was secretly working with the shooters.
3) Security was shot, but not killed. Considering this was a vampire club, ghouls at the very least is a strong possibility.

Insert cheesy one liner and cut to a song by the who:smallbiggrin:

hayabusa
2012-09-05, 03:35 PM
"This was a ghoulish crime." You better, you better, you bet!

"From what little I know," Matthew says as stands up from the murder scene and heads towards the front of the club. "This didn't happen at close range. I remember getting bored at Wade and Binder and looking through some files once: double murder from long range. Blood splatter looks virtually identical. Should have come from right here," he stops speaking as he reaches the door. "Security should have stopped them, though... Unless they were in on it, or weren't fatally wounded..."

NotScaryBats
2012-09-05, 03:56 PM
At the bar, Danielle tells a casual lie about her profession, and fishes for a compliment. "I write for Local 4 News. I've been trying to get a segment on the air, but the producers say I don't have the right 'face for news.'" She takes a sip of her drink, looking as though the insult truly shook her self-confidence.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-05, 04:09 PM
Not fully paying attention to your actions, Erik seems to be eying the ceiling. However a ringtone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HswgoJO5x88)goes off on Erik's phone that startles you both. He answers it promptly.

"Yes, what is it?"
"You've got to be mistaken. There no way one of those things would be this far downtown."
"I see. Did he see you?"
"Good. Keep the engine running and be prepared for a fast pickup."

He then hangs up the phone before putting it back in his pocket. His look is grim. "So I have some bad news. That hobo was a werewolf. After he left our sights, he changed into a wolf and is coming back. My driver saw him change. I don't know what one is doing this far in the city, but I suggest you prepare yourself." He says, aiming his weapon at the side door and slowly beginning to back behind cover.

At that point, one of the dance floor lights falls on Matthew. Make a dex+dodge roll. Difficulty 8.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-05, 04:15 PM
Danielle
He shrugs and keeps his attention on Danielle. "I find that hard to believe. But you know what they say; When one door closes, two more open somewhere." He says, before finishing his glass of beer. "I'm a sales rep for a pharmaceutical company." Almost as a reflex, he pulls a card out and hands it to you. "But when I younger, I never would have imagined it's what I would end up doing."

NotScaryBats
2012-09-05, 06:53 PM
Danielle glances at the card, reading the name of the company. "Haha, that's true. I always thought I'd be an actress. Its nice to meet someone so optimistic as you are, Bob."

hayabusa
2012-09-05, 08:41 PM
Holy crap, we are going crossover, aren't we? :D

"Werewolf?" Matthew asks. [b]"You gotta be ****ing kid..."[b]

[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-06, 01:27 AM
Matthew barely dives out of the way as the dance light lands right where he was, damaging the crime scene. Both Matthew and Erik look up, but see nothing. The cables holding the light look like they were pulled apart.

"Are... are you alright?" Erik says sounding rather puzzled.

Could be... guess the name of the Garou, win a prize :smallcool:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-06, 01:31 AM
Danielle
The company name is nothing you've heard of before. Of course, you can't say you know the name of a single pharmaceutical company... Likely a thought that will keep Danielle occupied when she's trying to sleep in the morning.

He grins at being called optimistic. "Personally, I consider myself more of a opportunist. Know when to not pass up a good opportunity."

hayabusa
2012-09-06, 07:51 AM
"Could be better," Matthew says as he stands up, hunting knife already in hand. He dusts himself off with his free hand as he slowly makes his way back to the circuit breaker. "Before we get out of here, we need to turn these lights off."

NotScaryBats
2012-09-06, 10:43 AM
Danielle continues the entendre, "well, when you see one, you let me know, okay? I could use a nice opportunity.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-06, 09:30 PM
Matthew
Before Erik can even agree, a table is violently thrown across the room at him. He fires a shot out of reaction as he dives to the side. However his bullet meets nothing, as there is nothing you can see.
[roll0]
Tumbling to the side, he stands back up unharmed, moving the gun around looking for a target.

Danielle
"I could think of a good opportunity for you. But we've just met, so I don't think you'd be ready for it just yet..." He smirks, likely at the innuendo.

hayabusa
2012-09-06, 10:17 PM
"Son of a..." Matthew starts to curse, but trails off at the last second. He runs to the circuit breaker, yelling to Erik along the way. "Get to that damned door and cover me!" he calls out. "God, I hope this works..." he mutters.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-06, 11:42 PM
This guy is giving me a creepy vibe, so I'm going to beat a retreat and just go to the thing hungry.

"Haha, maybe you're right. Well, I have your card, now, maybe I'll give you a call sometime," Danielle winks and gets up, "thanks again for the drink."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 12:14 AM
Opposed rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
Nice

Matthew feels a powerful force begin to pick him off the ground, and for a brief second he literally is lifted off the ground for a second before he wills away whatever force is pulling him. Dropping a few inches, he lands back on his feet and makes his way to the fuse box where he can now turn off the power. Whatever is attacking him and Erik, he can still sense it's presence nearby.

Danielle
The man gives you no trouble leaving, although his smile shrinks considerably. He gives you a friendly goodbye, and you leave. As you walk to your car you find yourself thinking that you are a predator that just got scared off by the prey. You consider yourself lucky no one was with you to witness it.

I'll try to play down the creepy vibe I give next time you try to feed. :smallbiggrin:

hayabusa
2012-09-07, 10:15 AM
Frightened slightly by his quick levitation, Matthew swiftly turns off the power in the building and races his way towards the open door. There's a slight twinge of hunger as some of the blood from last night is used in a burst of celerity, powering his legs to push himself even faster than normal.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 11:16 AM
Matthew arrives at the side door quickly, but before he can turn around to check on the status of Erik, he finds himself face to face with a growling feral looking dog that just arrived.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-07, 12:51 PM
Danielle considers what just happened. Ah well, the spider that tries to catch a cat gets eaten, and that Bob guy seemed like bad news.

hayabusa
2012-09-07, 01:29 PM
Matthew barely slows down and allows his momentum to carry itself into the kick that he aims at the snarling dog's head.

Kick is Dex+Brawl+Celerity, if I'm reading correctly, so.
[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
Additional Dice?: [roll2]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 02:00 PM
Alright, consider combat officially started

Matthew [roll0] (He gets a +6 for starting combat with a surprise kick)
Totally not Jackdaw [roll1]
The Ghost [roll2]
Erik [roll3]

Two things. One, can you imagine how much fun this would have been if you went in here alone and had no idea the werewolf was coming.

Two, I hate the dice rollers sometimes for making things complicated. Matthew still goes first since the werewolf doesn't attack first.

hayabusa
2012-09-07, 02:58 PM
Alright, consider combat officially started

Matthew [roll0] (He gets a +6 for starting combat with a surprise kick)
Totally not Jackdaw [roll1]
The Ghost [roll2]
Erik [roll3]

Two things. One, can you imagine how much fun this would have been if you went in here alone and had no idea the werewolf was coming.

Two, I hate the dice rollers sometimes for making things complicated. Matthew still goes first since the werewolf doesn't attack first.

I was actually a little more worried about Sabbat than werewolves when I decided not to head down there the previous night. I can imagine that it would have been quite fun if I didn't know about any werewolf on the prowl.

My turn?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 04:50 PM
Erik goes before the werewolf and therefore doesn't have a shot at him. He continues taking pot shots at the ghost, and dodges the chair being flung at him.

The werewolf is startled by Matthew's kick. It snaps back at Matthew, before backing up slightly and begins to change, growing large and larger.

Bite attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Shift form [roll2]

extra rolls if needed [roll3]

The ghost chucks a group of chairs at Erik
[roll4]
He attempts to dodge, [roll5]

You may now go again with your celerity action

hayabusa
2012-09-07, 07:59 PM
"Oh no you don't!" Matthew cries out as the dog begins to grow in size. He quickly leaps on the enlarging canine's back and moves to choke the life out beast. A few memories flood into his mind of the first time he learned how to perform the move. It was back in the gym owned by his trainer. The strangle hold: a move feared by all the nation. He was taught to perform it safely, and how to make it all too real if things ever went south in the ring.

Clinch: Resisted Str+Brawl: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 10:08 PM
Flying Chair Damage [roll0]
Soak Roll [roll1]

Clinche Damage [roll2]
Soak Roll [roll3]

Extra dice [roll4]

Round Summary
Matthew goes flying to the breakers, turning them off and bounding out the side door. As he does, Erik does his best trying to follow, however a group of chairs raise up and are tossed his way. Erik attempts to dive to the side, but there are two many chairs and they bury him. Thankfully he utilizes his small size and manages to tuck himself into a ball at the last second, and finds little lasting harm from the chairs burying him.

Meanwhile Matthew runs into a startled Lupine, and his fast reaction time brings a mean kick in the the beast's shoulder blade, dislocating it. The wolf bites back at Matthew, barely missing his flesh but shredding the leg of his pants. It staggers back, and begins to grow in size, wanting a satisfactory vengeance. No stranger to his opponents offensive actions, Matthew dives onto the beast, wrapping his arms around it and trying to put the wolf into a painful clinche. He squeezes with all his might, but the growing Lupine his more resistant than he expects, and he barely manages to hold it.

We end round one with Erik under a pile of chairs, Matthew just outside the doorway holding the growing wolf off the ground and squeezing with all his might, and the ghost with no good targets left inside.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-07, 10:21 PM
round 2- Fight!
Matthew [roll0]
Hispo-Wolf [roll1]
Ghost [roll2]
Erik [roll3]

Declare your actions!

hayabusa
2012-09-08, 11:57 AM
With the clinch locked in, albeit not as firmly as he would have liked it, Matthew continues his choke hold, attempting to lock it in tighter.

Damage: [roll0]

Resisted Roll in case he tries to free himself: [roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-08, 04:41 PM
The Wolf struggles to get free, kicking and thrashing back and forth. It is easily the hardest opponent Matthew has ever had in this move. As he holds it, he visibly notices the creatures shoulder relocating on it's own.
[roll0]
With little trouble from it's increased size, it breaks from Matthew's hold. Still growing, it begins to get even bigger. More humanoid now, it is almost twice the size of Matthew and quite terrify. A wolf-human hybrid form, with long sharp claws and a menacing maw. Turning around, it's raging eyes focus on you for just a moment, before the bullets begin.

Crawling out from under the chairs, Erik sees the beast and fires his gun twice into it's chest with no mercy.
[roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Second Shot [roll3]
[roll4]

Extra Damage dice
[roll5]

It is Matthew's turn, and his actions no longer apply. He may spend a will power point to change them.

hayabusa
2012-09-08, 06:07 PM
Matthew stares up at the almost nine-foot tall creature. Only in his nightmares had he seen something so horrific. He quickly rises to his knees and stands up again after Erik's bullets tear into the thing's chest.

He clinches a fist and throws a left jab towards the neck of the beast.

Spending a Willpower point

[roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]
Additional: [roll2]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-08, 06:53 PM
Whether it cannot reach you now that you are just outside the club, or perhaps it just likes to pick on Erik, the ghost continues it's assault on the poor child vampire. It rips a metal cage holding several lights from the ceiling and drops it on him. Erik, just getting to his feet, once more attempts to dive out of the way, his speed now above mortal levels.
Attack [roll0]
Erik's dodge [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Extra dice [roll3]
Soak Roll [roll4]

Wolf Soak Rolls
[roll5]
[roll6]

Round Summary
As Matthew holds tight the giant wolf, he struggles greatly, unable to crush it's rib cage. The creatures body continues to expand, and he is unable prevent this, let alone crush it's thick bones. Finally, growing too large for him to hold, the beast breaks forth from his arms, landing on it's hind legs where it continues to stand and grow. Turning around, the man-wolf hybrid is much larger and fearsome than Matthew could have ever imagined. Holding solidly onto his courage, Matthew throws his patented right hook at the creature, hoping to knock it off balance. But the creature is expecting his melee attacks now, and Matthew's fist is swallowed up as the creature catches it like a baseball into a mitt. Bits of drool drip from it's mouth as it begins to laugh, and fear slowly begins to creep back into Matthew's heart.

From behind, the small child see's his companion in peril and takes a careful shot to the creature's back. The gun lacks kick, but the bullet hits true in the creature's spine, and it release's Matthew's hand as it turns.

Now running toward it, Erik side steps a poorly made attack from a thrown lighting rack, and see's the ghost for the first time as the electricity catches it and reveals it's position. No fool however, Erik continues running out the door and past Matthew, putting another bullet deep into the creature's thigh. Thrown off balance, the werewolf staggers and for a moment looks like it is going to fall, before catching itself; the bullet wounds already beginning to heal. The creature is still ready for more fighting, but now Matthew notices that the creature's raging eyes have changed suddenly. Now almost a calm clarity, filled with cunning, have replaced it. The beast no longer foaming at the mouth, looks at him in a way that still is frightening.

Initiative For round 3
Wolf [roll7]
Erik [roll8]
Matthew [roll9]
Ghost [roll10]

Matthew goes first. If he takes two actions, he can attack it at a -2 dice penalty, and then move half speed. With his dexterity, his all out run speed is 26 yards. 13 yards is enough to get you out of the alleyway. If that is what you want to do. I mention it because Erik is moving out of the alleyway. Of course he also has a gun and was getting walloped by the ghost.

hayabusa
2012-09-08, 08:59 PM
"Hey, ***hole!" Matthew calls out to the large man-wolf as he spins around, knife aimed squarely at the base of the canid's neck.

The attack made, Matthew races off down the alley, towards the hopefully still waiting car.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-09, 01:09 AM
Soak[roll0]

Attack[roll1]
Dam [roll2]
Soak [roll3]

Extra[roll4]

Summary
Matthew pulls his knife on the terrible beast, trying to gut it like a pig. But his blade seems too dull to cut the creature's thick hide, and fails to leave a mark. Turning he flees down the alleyway, meeting Erik and the Car at the end of the alleyway. Erik turns, letting loose a shot straight into the creature's head, but it only ricochets of the beast's thick skull. The two then jump into the car, and the vehicle immediately floors it. The two kindred turn back, and see the giant beast watching them leave as it pulls a bullet from it's leg. With a menacing glare, it turns and enters the club. It's message is clear. It just let you leave.

After a block or two is between you and the club, Erik puts his gun away and sits back. "What the hell just happened?" His cloths are more scuffled and torn than yours, and his face covered in dirt, but no marks are visible.

hayabusa
2012-09-09, 08:23 PM
"Ran into a couple of werewolves it seems," Matthews says, stating the obvious as he places his hunting knife back into its sheath. "You're kinda lucky that the one targeting you just threw tables the whole time. Tell the truth, I'm kinda lucky, too. All those teeth and claws..."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-09, 08:38 PM
"Yeah, I'm not claiming to be a expert on werewolves, but that wasn't my first I've seen. First in the city though. Whatever was chucking tables and lights at us, that wasn't a werewolf. A... ghost? Maybe. I dunno." he mutters, taking a cloth out and cleaning his gun for a moment. As the scene sets in on him, he looks up. "did you just fight a werewolf with your bare hands? That is uncanny mate!"

hayabusa
2012-09-09, 08:54 PM
"A ghost?" Matthew responds.

"As to going hand to hand with a werewolf, I did. And since I'm in this car fleeing, he won. Sure, the boot to the face caught him by surprise, but that was about it. He kept changing size and that interfered with my choke hold."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-09, 09:37 PM
He shrugs at the question. "My best guess. I know they exist, because the Giovanni like to play with them. Why would one be there? I don't know. Would the Giovanni work with the Sabbat? Maybe. There's more going on in this city than the prince lets on. But I'm not sure I'm willing to bite that theory just yet though. A rogue member or somebody who blood bonded a Giovanni is just as likely. Or hell, maybe that was a natural made ghost. Or whatever it was. People did recently die there."

"On the fight, don't sell yourself short. My Sire was a bastard who taught me very little, but on the subject of lupines, he was very clear and his advice very good. Shoot first, run away, ask questions when you're safe. If you have to kill one, use silver bullets and keep your distance. And never EVER let them get close to you. Because they will tear you to shreds! That much I have seen with my own eyes. You may not have beaten that beast into submission, but you still smacked it around and walked away with out a scratch. Other than your clothes. You want to impress another Kindred, tell that story."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-11, 01:16 AM
It appears the two of you are both caught up from the fight, and don't talk much in the car. The driver takes you to the rendezvous point where you were meeting Danielle. She has recently arrived, and sees the sleek luxury car pull up.

The driver gets out and asks if she would like to ride in the back with 'the master' or in the passenger. Either way, he opens the door for you.

When she gets in, it doesn't take Danielle long to notice that both Erik and Matthew seem unharmed but a bit scuffed up, an indication that they ran into a bit of trouble.

hayabusa
2012-09-11, 05:36 PM
Matthew remains silent for the majority of the ride. Standing out in Kindred society, he had quickly learned to think, wasn't that safe a prospect. He wasn't a threat to anyone in the heirarchy, he was just trying to save his life and Erik's. Others in power, however, could certainly see it differently.

As Danielle approaches the car and looks at the two, Matthew smiles. "So, how has your evening been so far?"

NotScaryBats
2012-09-11, 07:42 PM
"Lousy." Danielle pouts petulantly. "You two look a little rougher around the edges than usual - anything I should know about?" The beautiful vampiress examines her nails.

hayabusa
2012-09-11, 09:20 PM
"We went to the club where the shooting happened," Matthew says as Danielle looks at her fingers. "Didn't find out a lot, save for the shots were fired from around the entrance. Either the security there was in on it, ghouls or non-existant, I don't know, but that's all that we found before a werewolf and a ghost showed up."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-11, 09:28 PM
"It appears Matthew here has nerves of steel. He walks through the door, face first into the werewolf. What does he do? He kicks it in the head and then grabs it to take it out with a sleeper hold. You should consider yourself lucky he's on our side" Erik chimes in with a chuckle.

The small kindred seems to be polishing a disassembled hand gun as he speaks.

hayabusa
2012-09-11, 10:05 PM
Matthew shakes his head slightly, his own thoughts from just minutes before fresh again in his mind. "Just doing my best to get us both out of there in one piece," he explains himself.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-12, 02:43 PM
"Well, I can't promise we'll be fighting lupines," Danielle says archly, "but its good to know you can handle yourselves in a fight. We're going to [location], which is the registered address of the getaway car. We might find a nest of fledgling Sabbat, or we might find an old, confused man."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-13, 01:21 AM
So I was about to tell you that you drive for a good hour and a half, but I looked back and noticed the meetup point was three blocks from the place. So Matthew had a very long drive with Erik, and Danielle had very long long drive by herself.

Just for the record, what area of the city do you guys live in? I picture Danielle more downtown in a apartment on the top floor, while Matthew in the suburbs. But that's just what I imagine based on depicted taste. I could be very wrong.

The driver is fairly smart, and he drives by the targeted house first without stopping. You all get a good look at the place, and it seems quiet. It's a townhouse, and it appears neither it or it's linked neighbor has a car parked in the driveway. But there is a garage unit on the side. The lights are off on both parts of the town house, and you don't see anything around that concerns you. By my guess, it's about 2am.

After the drive by, unless someone objects, the driver turns around at the next corner, and pulls up at the curb.

"Renolds can keep a look out for us. How would you like to go about this? Front door, garage, or back entrance such as a window?" Erik asks.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-13, 07:59 PM
Yes a condo / apartment in the downtown area would be her haven of choice.

"Let's check out the garage. If the car isn't there, we might have caught them while they were out." Danielle suggests.

hayabusa
2012-09-13, 09:07 PM
"Sounds fine by me," Matthew says as he gets out of the car. He looks around the neighborhood, just a quick and cursory glance to see if they were being watched. "What was that about a confused old man?" he asks.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-13, 09:16 PM
Erik gets out, looks around much like the two of you are doing, and approaches the garage. No one see's anything of interest.

With a little instruction from Erik, Matthew grabs the bottom of the garage door and pulls up without trying. With his ranks in potence and strength, he effortlessly lifts the door up the track by about a foot. More than enough for Erik, who rolls underneath before Matthew lets go.

From the other side of the door you can hear Erik quietly call to you. "There's no car in here, and the only door leads into the house. Do you want me to open the garage, or sneak around and open the front door?"

NotScaryBats
2012-09-13, 09:28 PM
"The car was registered to a 60 year old man," Danielle explains, "let's not split up, and try to keep it quiet. Can you unlock the garage door?"

Assuming the garage door can be quietly opened, Danielle will lead the way into the house.

Should a Perception + Investigation roll be called for, I'll get it out of the way:
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-13, 09:34 PM
By garage door, I do mean the one a car would go through. He can easily find the button that retracts it, but such motors do make noise. And if someone was in the house, they could possibly hear it.

hayabusa
2012-09-13, 10:04 PM
Matthew tries to open the garage door a little bit more, going very slowly and carefully to see if it would make too much noise. If it is a little bit too noisy, he quits the attempt.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-13, 10:14 PM
Can you lift it without making too much noise? To a point. But if you raise it enough for yourself to slip under, there is a very good chance you jam it.
I'm feeling generous tonight, so sure. The two of you are able to slip inside as well. The garage is meant for one car, and as stated there is none there. There are various things around, including a nice looking red tool box.

The door leading into the house is unlocked. Since Danielle is the first to go into the house, she gets to be the one to immediately notice the terrible smell coming from the upstairs There seems to be no one on the lower level, just a small living room with a very old style TV.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-13, 11:15 PM
Danielle puts a finger to her lips to indicate the importance of silence, and makes her way upstairs.

don'cha hate wasting a good roll on a useless thing to roll? That's, like, a million successes lol :(

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-14, 08:38 AM
You make your way up the stairs, and begin looking for signs of activity within the house. It doesn't take you long to find the source of the smell. Inside the kitchen on the floor is a dead body. It's an old man, and the three of you know enough that you can tell he's been sucked basically dry. His skin is withered, decay is just starting to set in. Those with 2 dots in investigation know enough that he's been dead at least a week, but no more than 3 weeks. And you find three weeks unlikely.

You actually would have been rolling perception+alertness, but If it comes up soon I will let you use that roll.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-14, 12:21 PM
"Dead for about 14 days, " Danielle murmurs as she examines the body. She grimaces. "we've either caught them away from home, or they already abandoned this locale. Let's see what we can find."

hayabusa
2012-09-14, 01:04 PM
"********" Matthew curses the Sabbat that had done this as he sees the old man's withered corpse. "I say, if any of you think it's safe and have ghouls who can do this in the day from a safe location near here, that in a couple of days from now we call the police and ask them to do a wellness check. I don't want him laying here for much longer."

He leaves the kitchen and heads towards the back of the house. "I'll check back here. If I need you guys, you're obviously going to hear it," he adds with a forced smile.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-14, 01:07 PM
Danielle is apparently searching the house? What is matthew doing?

hayabusa
2012-09-14, 01:24 PM
Danielle is apparently searching the house? What is matthew doing?

Checking another portion of the house.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-14, 02:07 PM
Alright. Wanted to know if anyone was keeping watch. I need a perception+investigation roll from matthew.

hayabusa
2012-09-14, 02:16 PM
Matthew heads towards the back of the house, cell phone once again pressed into service as an impromptu flashlight. He opens one door slowly, his body braced to strike if anything hostile is behind the door.

[roll0]

hayabusa
2012-09-14, 02:17 PM
Matthew heads towards the back of the house, cell phone once again pressed into service as an impromptu flashlight. He opens one door slowly, his body braced to strike if anything hostile is behind the door.

[roll0]

EDIT: Boy, I really wish that first post had been eaten by the forums...

NotScaryBats
2012-09-14, 03:54 PM
Danielle gives Matthew a confused look as though she doesn't understand why he would care about the old man lying dead on the ground. She nods when he moves on to search on his own, and suggests that the child keep an eye out for the returning Sabbat.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-14, 08:38 PM
Danielle and Matthew split up and start searching the place for clues. Danielle takes the bedrooms, and finds plenty. The master bedroom has been torn apart, clothes thrown all about. It is obvious that someone was tearing the place apart looking for something. Since you don't see anything of value left in the room, it's a likely connection that this place was ransacked.

In addition you notice a picture of the dead old man with what appears to be a man in his early twenties. When you search the other bedroom, which isn't ransacked, you find more pictures of this man with various different people. Mostly women. It doesn't take you long to conclude that this is man is probably his grandson, and was living with the old man. This of course leads you to poke around the bedroom even more thoroughly, and that's when you discover a journal. The entries are fairly sporadic, and filled with angst towards his parents. What catches your eye is the last two entries.

June 2nd,
I met a girl at the bar tonight. Emma. Words cannot describe her. I was planning on having another hard night of drinking. The breakup was still heavy on my heart. Then she just approached me. Listened to what I had to say. Even about my depression. She was a complete stranger and I felt like I could tell her anything all of a sudden. Then she took me out to the car, and had the most amazing sex I've ever had. I may have blacked out for a second or two it was so good. But afterwards it's almost like I can still taste her in my mouth still, and it's unlike anything I've ever tasted before. I'm still light headed from the moment of passion, but she insisted she see me again tomorrow night. I haven't stopped thinking about her since she left the car so I'm not complaining. Maybe I'm over whatshername finally.

June 3rd,
I saw Emma at the bar again, just like we planned. She is the one. And I would do anything for her. We had another round of passion, and I feel even weaker. But I don't care, it's worth it to be with her. She's going to come by here tomorrow night. She insisted. She said she had one more gift to give me. I can't wait. She won't get here til after 11, so the 'old nag' won't be happy. But I don't care. I would do anything she asked of me. She is amazing.

As she's finishing up the search, Danielle hears a loud crash coming from the bathroom. She rushes in there to find a scene of chaos. It appears Matthew slipped on a wet floor, tried to catch himself and with his strength accidentally knocked the sink out of the wall. The bursting pipe sprayed a jet of water into his face, causing him to trip backwards into the tub. Getting entangled in the shower curtain, he not only rips it from the wall but also kicks the toilet, putting a large foot hole in the tank as it now is leaking water. So water is everywhere, Matthew is sitting in the tub covered with a shower curtain and thrashing around, water from the sink connection is spraying everywhere and the toilet is leaking. As you can imagine, both Matthew and the floor are covered in water,

Seconds after you arrive, Erik runs up behind you with a gun out. He takes one look at the scene and bursts out laughing.

Ladies and gentlemen, that is how you botch a roll with style.:smallwink:

hayabusa
2012-09-14, 09:09 PM
"It's not funny!" Matthew cries out as he tries to get out of the tub. "I'm freaking lucky that whole 'running water' thing is mostly a myth, though," he says as he begins to stand up. "Now how do we turn this water off?" he says. "Where's the heater?"

NotScaryBats
2012-09-16, 12:18 PM
Danielle looks angry. Now the Sabbat would know that someone had been here, so the only option would be continue to wait and hope they show. She doesn't really know anything about plumbing, and turns to leave the scene and continue her search for clues.

"They've been here, but I doubt they are coming back soon - they embraced the old man's grandson and I don't think they'd have enough control over him to make him lay low in a house that reeks of his rotting grandfather. Could be wrong though. I'll keep looking around, fix this. Eric, we need to get the drop on them if they come back, will you continue your watch? " used to being obeyed, Danielle goes back to work like a boss.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 01:10 PM
Erik goes to help Matthew up. After doing such, he looks at the sink briefly and says "I know nothing about plumbing. Sorry." And he leaves him to the scene to go back to keeping watch.

As for Danielle, that's the only important information I can think that you could find. Is there anything specific you are looking for?

NotScaryBats
2012-09-16, 03:00 PM
evidence there have been vampires living here, sunproofed areas, weapons stash, some sort of plane ticket/clue where they come from.
If this is their base of operations or not, it seems like it isn't.
Any sort of written notes etc "10pm the Wrecking Ball Tuesday night"
That sort of thing off the cuff. I am thinking I won't find much if they grabbed the kid and moved on though.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 03:26 PM
You don't find any evidence that goes against your theory. As far as you can tell, no body has been in the place for at least a week.

As for Random clues, the only one I can think of is that you can tell this guy is a smoker because his closet has the smell of smoke (from the clothes) and you find a used pack of matches with some bar name on it in his trash. Which strikes you as odd since smoking inside public places (even bars) has been illegal in Illinois for a few years now.

Does anybody touch the dead body?

hayabusa
2012-09-16, 06:22 PM
Matthew heads around the house and likely finally finds a way to shut the water off. Doing so, he catches up with Danielle and Erik and asks to see what they've found so far.

I do not touch the body.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-16, 07:11 PM
After a few more minutes of scrounging around, Danielle returns to Matthew, "alright, I think I've bled this place of everything it can offer us. looks like they came here but didn't stay here, they might hit up this bar later. Good news is they won't be coming back here, bad news is we still haven't caught them. I have a bit to go on from here, so I'll keep hunting the bastards down. Thanks for coming with me, it's nice to know I can rely on you two."

hayabusa
2012-09-16, 09:32 PM
"I don't quite know all that much about 'rely' after what happened tonight, but I'm glad to be of at least a little help," Matthew says. "Keep us informed if you're able to dig up something new," he adds.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-16, 09:37 PM
"Right. Ready to go, Eric? "

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 09:41 PM
Unless there is anything you would like do here or say to Erik, the three of you leave the house with no further problem. You are returned to your cars, and are able to return to your havens with no further problem.
Danielle gets home about 3 am, Matthew about 4 am.

Anything further for the night or are we moving to tuesday night?

NotScaryBats
2012-09-17, 12:39 AM
Sunrise is... what? Five? Six? So most vampires stay up until then, right?

Danielle wants to do a bit of research before she goes to sleep:
1:) Look up the club from the matchbook. Is it a vampire club? One of the Prince's?
2:) Look up the bar from the diary, if possible. Is it a vampire club? One of the Prince's?
3:) Research the pharmaceutical corporation I heard about.
4:) Send a message to the Prince / however I contact him asking for more details regarding the shootingask for video footage.
5:) Go to sleep.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-17, 01:23 AM
That is correct, most vampires are up til around 5-6am. Although most are home by 430. When you die at sunrise, you get your ass home on time. :smallwink:

1) It's actually restaurant/bar downtown. (Close to where Danielle lives). A little place called the Boars Den. You look it up online, and their weekday hours have them closing at midnight.
2) The two journal entries in question do not have a name given. It was word-for-word. Unless I made a typo. You can pull two club names out of other entries in the journal, neither of them are known to you as kindred controlled however.
3) Tricell Pharmaceuticals. They make prescription drugs. And their stock value increases yearly by 8% on the mark.
4) You have an email account and a voice-mail to contact him by. When you wake up, you notice a invitation has been placed under your door. It's for that evening at midnight at the same place the party was. It's listed as allowing up to 2 guests.
5) You have a dream of eating a really big marshmallow. When you wake up, you can't find your pillow. Oh wait,there it is.
6) The 48 hours now past, I am dying to know. Did you forget about your friend that you met at the party?

hayabusa
2012-09-17, 12:03 PM
Matthew returns homes and changes out of his torn clothing. "I can't believe I did that..." he mutters as he inspects the claw damage to the leg. Seeing that it can't be easily repaired, he wads the pants up and throws them in the trash. "Could have easily been my damn leg," he adds. "Even I don't know if they would grow back...

Soon after changing, Matthew heads off to bed.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-17, 12:25 PM
Oh my god, you're right! I did forget about them, with all the excitement of tracking down the Sabbat.
... well shucks.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-17, 12:48 PM
So it's now Tuesday night, June 12th. Soon to be Wednesday technically.

What do you do?

hayabusa
2012-09-17, 02:19 PM
Matthew's eyes open, surveying the dark bedroom. Once again, the dying sunlight is held secure by blinds and a blanket. He gets up, showers and dresses before checking to see if anyone had left any messages while he was busy.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-17, 02:23 PM
Nope. It appears no one likes you. :smallwink:

hayabusa
2012-09-19, 08:41 PM
Matthew stands in the living room of his home, watching the recorded morning news. The gnaw of hunger of the blood spent fighting the werewolf the other night tugs at him. "I better head out and feed then..." he mutters to himself as he clicks the television off, laying the remote down on the stand. Thankful that he has a third bar that he typically heads to, he gets in his car and begins his drive.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-20, 01:10 PM
Random perception+empathy roll [roll0]

Matthew arrives at the bar with no trouble, and tuesday night is ladies night, so he has more than enough women to pick through. It takes him a bit to catch someone's attention but he finally does, and has just bought a young lady in her 30's a drink. "So what do you do for a living?" She asks tentatively.

Don't forget to reduce your blood pool by one for getting up a new night.

hayabusa
2012-09-20, 03:32 PM
Matthew smiles at the woman as he takes a drink from his glass. He pretends to enjoy it as fully as he would have when he was still among the living. "I work some nights as a security guard overnight at a law firm. It's not that big a firm, and it's boring as all hell, but it helps keep the bills paid," he adds with a laugh.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-21, 05:37 PM
Danielle is going to go hunting.
Appearance+sub [roll0]
wits+sub [roll1]
cha+emp [roll2]
remember: Sex Appeal grants - 2difficulty to all social rolls vs people attracted to me. I might need it, because I have no empathy <3 If successful, take 3 points and leave victim in his/her car

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-22, 12:34 AM
Matthew
"Oh yeah? Does that mean you normally work nights? Must be your night off then." She says, her voice starting to sound bored.

Just ignore Danielle's rolls. She's working very hard at being anti-social so her meal got pushed into a roll. I haven't revealed my hands yet, but I have a interesting evening planned for Matthew.:smallwink:

hayabusa
2012-09-22, 03:55 PM
"It is," Jason says as he watches his chances of a meal tonight, at least with her, slowly begin to slip away. "It's not that hard a job," he adds, especially since it's mostly on paper... he mentally adds, "and it's better than what I used to do."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-22, 04:13 PM
You seem to have peeked her interest, if only momentarily."Oh yeah? What did you used to do?" She says, putting her hand on your arm and sending very mixed signals.

hayabusa
2012-09-22, 04:45 PM
"I used to be a wrestler a while ago, until I couldn't physically do it anymore," Matthew says. "No where major, just a couple of local promotions."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-23, 01:40 AM
"Oh really? I can tell. And I'm betting you still work out with those strong muscles." Her eyes light up slightly, she still seems alittle distant, but you definitely think she's interested in you.

hayabusa
2012-09-24, 02:18 PM
I haven't worked out in close to 60 years... Matthew thinks. "I certainly did enjoy it," he adds, taking another drink from his beer.

[b]"What do you do, though?"[/color]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-24, 04:40 PM
"What do I do..." She stammers for a moment "...Well to be fair, I'm inbetween jobs at the moment. I used to work in the journalism field... But I got laid off. I'm trying to forget that though. Just looking for a little fun..." With that she gives you a little wink.

hayabusa
2012-09-25, 03:46 PM
"Aren't we all?" Matthew says with a slight grin.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-25, 04:12 PM
Huh? I either forgot, or just noticed you have eat food as a trait. That means you enjoy the taste of your beer. Lucky you.

Appearance+Subterfuge- (You auto succeed this one)
[roll0]
Wits+Subterfuge (You're here now)
[roll1]
Charisma+Empathy (for when you get around to suggesting things)
[roll2]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-25, 04:15 PM
Curses, forgot the dice for extra successes. Well this roll hear determines if she is bored with you or not.
[roll0]

She chats with you for a minute. Then her phone rings. She claims she has to take it, steps outside, and doesn't comes back. (Things that rhyme with itch seem to bounce through Matthew's head).

Matthew waits at least for a few minutes, I'm sure, but then he starts to get the feeling she's not coming back. I don't know if he would leave at this point, he starts to look around. Then you notice a girl in her early twenties. Dark hair, dark complexion. She sitting at the other side of the bar, but she clearly keeps looking at you. And not in a 'totally in to you' way but more of a 'she's got something to say but is too afraid to say it' way. So yeah, you could take that in a creepy way if you want.

Her face looks familiar, but you can't place where you might know her from.

hayabusa
2012-09-25, 07:08 PM
I hate it when that happens, Matthew thinks as minutes pass and the woman has still not returned. I think I moved too damn fast.

He sits in his chair, looking around at the other patrons in the bar going about their normal lives. His idyll scan of the bar brings his eyes to the young woman staring at him. His interest raised, he grabs his glass of beer and heads to her table. "My name is Matt," he says as he sits down. "From the way you're looking, I believe that you have something to say to me?" he asks.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-25, 08:49 PM
"I... yeah, I do have something to say... I've been waiting to say it all night... but... I don't think your 'friend' would like what I have to say if she comes back... well at least you wouldn't like it if she heard it... So I can wait until you're done with her." She says quietly, her voice very nervous and unsure.

hayabusa
2012-09-26, 09:47 AM
Matthew looks at the woman with a bit of confusion. "I'm not quite sure what you mean by that," he lies. "Besides, it seems as if she isn't going to be returning anytime soon."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-26, 01:12 PM
She looks around nervously to make sure no one is listening to the conversation. "You don't remember me, do you? We met at this very bar a little over a year ago. Went outside. Know what I mean?"

hayabusa
2012-09-26, 01:33 PM
**** is the first word that comes to Matthew's mind as the woman says that she was one of his meals long ago. "I, uh, I do," he says after a few brief seconds of mental recovery. "On both, I mean, remembering you and, the other..."

He sets the glass of beer down on the table and looks at her. "So. What happens now?" he asks her.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-26, 01:43 PM
Her voice lowers even more "Well... uh... do you think you could do it again? Maybe slower. ". Her face is quite bright from embarrassment.

hayabusa
2012-09-26, 01:50 PM
"What?" Matthew says as she reveals what she wants him to do.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-26, 02:19 PM
"Quid pro quo?" She says meekly.

hayabusa
2012-09-27, 01:35 PM
Matthew drops his head in thought for a few moments. "This is just... All right," he states. "There are things, though, that you must know," he adds as he motions for the two of them to head outside.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 11:01 AM
She nods obediently and follows Matthew outside, possibly leading you to her car if that's what you want.

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 03:15 PM
"Look," Matthew says in a low voice to the young woman as he leads her outside, the still warm night air hitting him in a stark contrast to the well air-conditioned interior of the bar. "If you really want to go through with this, you have to know that it's going to be a little dangerous. Don't ever speak of this to anyone. That's one of the most important things you can do. Hardly anyone would believe you, but just a few might and that's when it can get dangerous," he continues, "for you and for me."

He turns to look at her as he reaches his car. He opens the door for her. "Do you understand?" he asks.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 03:45 PM
She nods her head in agreement. "Sure. Of course, I can understand that. I haven't said a thing to anyone. And I won't." She says before getting into your? car.

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 06:06 PM
As the woman enters the car, Matthew follows close behind, shutting the door behind them. Normally, there would be more foreplay (If that's even the right word for it, he thinks briefly) but the willingness of the young woman and his own hunger causes the Brujah to just go for the bite. It probably is.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 06:13 PM
Am I correct in reading that your current blood pool is two? :smalleek:
How many blood points are you planning on taking and how slow are you eating (IE how long do you take)? Then, make a self control check.

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 06:31 PM
I'm going to end killing this poor girl, aren't I? :smallfrown:

I may regret this, but I'm going to attempt to go for only two blood points in about 2-3 rounds.

Roll high, roll high, roll high... [roll0]

EDIT: I am really hating this dice roller tonight...

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't complain about it. An 8 is decent. And the nice thing about frenzy is that you only need one success. So good news, you didn't kill her. Because dead girls inside your car is a bad thing.

The girl moans loudly and erotically, perhaps reminding Matthew of some time before his embrace. When he finishes up, licking the wound I assume, she pants for a moment to catch her breath. Once she catches it she says "Are you done? I thought you were going to try and go longer? " She then feels her head for a moment. "Well at least I'm still awake though. We can do this again some time, right?"

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 07:01 PM
The taste of the blood rushes from the arteries of the young woman and into Matthew's mouth. The coppery taste of it combined with the hunger inside of him wears at his conscience, the sheer need of sustenance forcing him to drink faster than he had intended. He stops himself quickly, his self control and the humanity still within him managing to override the animal instinct within himself.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes to the woman. "Nerves got to me, I guess." She has no idea how close she came to dying tonight... he thinks.

If you want to keep this up, that's up to you," he says. "I'll be here next week, more than likely, on Thursday."

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 08:20 PM
"Yeah, okay. I'd like that." She starts to get out of the car, then falls down. "whoopsie... I guess I took that too fast." She slowly brings herself to where she can stand. "Hey, how about I just give you my phone number too. If you get, you know, hungry. And then you can eat at my place, and I don't have to drive home."

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 08:45 PM
"Whoa!" Matthew exclaims as the woman falls down. He offers her his hand to help her back up. [b]"Be careful, there. As for the phone idea, that's fine by me," he replies.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-28, 08:52 PM
Alright, you have her number. she goes to her car, and doesn't immediately drive off. When Matthew finally drives off, he doesn't see anyone following him. Where does he go?

hayabusa
2012-09-28, 09:27 PM
Still thinking about how close he came to losing control, Matthew heads to a public square. He sits down in a chair and watches the traffic and anyone else that walks by, waiting to see if Danielle will call with anymore information for an hour or so before he heads home.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-30, 02:19 AM
Danielle calls Matthew.

If he picks up, she greets him, "Matthew, I reviewed the security tape from the attack. Would you like to hear about what we're up against?" She sounds a little warmer and friendlier than usual, as though she has a light buzz.

hayabusa
2012-09-30, 11:32 AM
Matthew answers the phone, his voice sounding a little more morose than usual, in contrast to Danielle's unusually friendly voice. "Yeah, Danielle, what does the footage show us?"

NotScaryBats
2012-09-30, 03:04 PM
Danielle pauses for a moment, decides to ask the Brujah about his personal life after giving him the low down on Sabbat forces, and answers, "Well, it looks like at least five vampires, I'd guess three or four neonates and one or two older Kindred. One is a Lasombra, didn't show up on the video and uses a sword. The other four who attacked the club wore masks and used guns. They staked the obvious Camarilla and then cut their heads off. I'd say they weren't quite SWAT level efficiency, but I was impressed how cool and professional the hit was. No diablarie. What do you think?"

hayabusa
2012-09-30, 06:13 PM
"That seems to work pretty well with what Erik and I were able to see at the crime scene," Matthew says, his voice returning to normal. "They seem very well organized, obviously, this is going to be tougher than I thought. And I thought difficult."

NotScaryBats
2012-09-30, 07:21 PM
"I hear there was a ghost at the scene-is that right? Did it say anything or just attack you? If you can fight a werewolf, a Lasombra with a sword shouldn't be a problem for you." Danielle continues smoothly, the professional edge and cut-the-bull**** brevity still absent from her speech.

hayabusa
2012-09-30, 08:51 PM
Matthew sighs. "Maybe, maybe not," he says with a brief sigh. "Anyway, did you see anything about the security guards on that tape?"

NotScaryBats
2012-09-30, 09:14 PM
"They were taken out pretty quickly. Ghouls, I imagine. They got surprised and killed before they could really do anything useful. Why do ask?"

hayabusa
2012-09-30, 09:26 PM
"Just confirming what I thought I saw at the scene the other night," Matthew replies.

NotScaryBats
2012-09-30, 10:28 PM
"You sound glum. I don't want to presume upon our relationship, but is there something you would like to talk about?" Danielle says, laying back on her couch. She has set down her notes for now, and wonders vaguely if something serious has happened while she was out. Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to check.

hayabusa
2012-10-01, 12:19 PM
"Just that something nearly happened when I was eating tonight," Matthew says. "I don't really want to talk about it at the moment."

NotScaryBats
2012-10-01, 07:11 PM
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." The vampiress sounds sincere, her curiosity now piqued. The Beast had never been a problem for her, but she understood it to be a big deal for most Kindred. "Well, other than checking out the club myself, perhaps chatting with the wraith, I don't see much to go on from here, " Danielle continues, her tone light. "How did the Lupine attack you? Did you see its human form? So I can look out for it." Danielle checks her watch to make sure she has enough time tonight for another errand.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-02, 04:45 PM
Hate to interrupt but once this conversation is over, is anyone doing anything else for the night? Plans for the next night?