PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into drawing

Yora
2012-07-04, 07:50 AM
I used to draw quite a bit and I think was even quite good at it when compared to all the people who don't call themselves artists.
I currently have a lot of time on my hands and this might be a good opportunity to get back into it and maybe this time making the leap to getting to a level where you can show them in public and people are actually interested in them. :smallbiggrin:

The only way to become good at anything is to make a lot of bad things. But I happen to have difficulties staying at an activity for more than a few days, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend any tutorials or excercises that can speed up climbing the learning curve some bit.
I don't think I'll manage to draw a thousand crude doodles while my skill slowly improves. :smallbiggrin:

Tiffanie Lirle
2012-07-04, 08:55 AM
The only way to become good at anything is to make a lot of bad things.
You already hit the nail on the head yourself. There is no way around that, no matter what it is you're trying to learn. :smalltongue:

If you really don't want to grind the stone solo for months on end. The only thing I could suggest to you would be to take part in some form of art or drawing course in your area. Having a good teacher will make learning nearly anything easier. You also mention that you have trouble doing the same things constantly, so my suggestion is simply not to. Draw something only when you have the motivation to draw something. Even if it's only one doodle every other week.

Final tip: Just like physical exercise, drawing practice is only beneficial with the proper form. If you practice wrong, ie. unmotivated, you're only going to hurt yourself in the long run.