PDA

View Full Version : demon army

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 02:30 PM
I am one of those DMs who will occasionally run a campaign with a family member who makes a whole party. Well a friend of mine made a 20th level party and thouroughly butchered the tarrasque and his titan buddy. here is a description of his party:
tank: 10th level barbarian, 10th level frenzied berzerker, very big axe, super strong while frenzying, hard to kill
sneaky: 20th level rogue improved crit keen rapier, crits on 12-20, good at tumbling behind people... then murdering them
mage: 20th level wizard,really really enjoys meteor swarm... lil too much butchered a titan with it
healer: 20th level cleric, good damage output great healer amazing spellcaster.
eek
I digress. ANYWAYS I want to put them against a demon army composed of:
leader: baphomet (tome of horrors not FC1)
archers: 12 arrow demons
skirmishers: undecided
mages: undecided
cavalry: also undecided
tanks: goristros from fiendish codex 1 not manual of the planes
if you have any suggestions, name name of demon, number of demons, and source. Or if you have another group like airstrike or geurilla or something let me know
the sources i have access to are: fiend folio, MM, MM2, MM3, fiendish codex 1, manual of the planes, and tome of horrors
I know this looks uncompleted but i have all the time in the world
NOTE: homebrew accepted I love homebrew
thanks

ArkenBrony
2012-07-04, 02:38 PM
have you thought of using the demons with cr.'s above 20 from fiend folio, some converting may be necessary but it wold be a nice challenge

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 02:43 PM
have you thought of using the demons with cr.'s above 20 from fiend folio, some converting may be necessary but it wold be a nice challenge

well i already know the party can kill a CR 25 so i think it would be easy to use

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 02:47 PM
I just feel like something is missing from this army

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 03:04 PM
zzz
zzz
zzz
:smallsigh:

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 03:06 PM

it WOULD be but theres only a few and most of them are aquatic

Zale
2012-07-04, 03:07 PM
Mariliths are good fighters. CR 17, so a few of them could be a decent challenge.

ArkenBrony
2012-07-04, 03:10 PM
Well, i don't know specufics of what you should do, I'm only a beginner when it comes to DMing, but I would probably use various lesser demons like vrocks and such, but give them class levels, cause in an army you should see just about every type of demon, and the lesser ones wouldn't stand a chance. But then again as an army you kind of want little things. So I have a question, are you looking for difficult monsters in lower numbers, or large numbers of weaker things?

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 04:47 PM
both. and medium amounts of like CR 13-16

Wavelab
2012-07-04, 05:58 PM
Well they are a level 20 party so why not put them up against some Demon Lords. Start at the weakest one and work your way up to the more powerful Demon Lords. You can give each of them a bunch of minions too.

If you have them fight them in the same immediate are you can treat it as a battlefield, where the players have to fight all the generals of the army.

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 06:12 PM
I AM putting them up against a demon lord. baphomet lord of beasts because in the tome of horrors version he RULES. and by the time the armys gone the party will be softened up for baphomet to make humanoid juice out of them :smallbiggrin:

rweird
2012-07-04, 06:39 PM
Why is this in the Homebrew section?

I sugest a bunch of Vrocks (MM, use 3.5) to fly around, Dance of ruin, spores, and stunning screech while the others keep them occupied. (Skirmishers) Meteor Swarm would only do 44 damage on average counting for resist 10 fire. if all four saves fail. If they don't have True Seeing or the like, Mirror Image should keep them alive for a while, maybe 10 of them and they all try to summonanother before the fight. Maybe include a 20 HD huge Vrock (CR15) or to to lead them. They'd have about 250 hp and be real damage soaks, and with SR 27, they would resist about 1/3 spells targeted by.

inuyasha
2012-07-04, 07:31 PM
its in homebrew because in the origional post it states that I accept homebrew demons if anyone has any

rweird
2012-07-05, 06:30 AM
Does the wizard use metamagic reduction?

TheWombatOfDoom
2012-07-05, 12:54 PM
Try the Slayers Guide to Demons. It's got several lovely nasties in it you might enjoy. :) Or send a paragon Mind Flayer at them. Might take out 1 or 2.

inuyasha
2012-07-05, 12:56 PM
Does the wizard use metamagic reduction?

I dont think the wizard HAS any metamagic feats LOL

inuyasha
2012-07-05, 12:57 PM
Try the Slayers Guide to Demons. It's got several lovely nasties in it you might enjoy. :) Or send a paragon Mind Flayer at them. Might take out 1 or 2.

I think slayers guide to demons may be one of the few slayers guides i DONT have LOL even though i have quite a few. and why the mind flayer? i said demon not underdark. tho that may be the next adventure