PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Captain America Help

FishtailMite0
2012-07-04, 03:17 PM
Hi. I am currently making a Captain America character for a Pathfinder Society game and I need some help. He is a Monk of the Empty Hand that uses a shield as an improvised throwing/melee weapon. My problem is that when I use Flurry of Blows when using my shield as a thrown weapon I can't think of a way in which I am able to use my shield for all of my attacks.

During low levels I plan on using the Equipment Trick (Shield) feat to bounce my shield off the enemy I hit (the ability says surfaces) and back at me. I then catch it with the Snatch Arrows Feat and throw it again. This however is only temporary as Snatch arrows only work once per round so this trick will only work before I get more than two attacks with my flurry.

All help will be appreciated but since this is Pathfinder Society no 3.5 or 3rd party material please.

Mari01
2012-07-04, 03:22 PM
There's a shield from ultimate combat that may be able to help with this. Yea. Throwing shield is a gladiator weapon that can be thrown as a free action. That's always a good place to start.

I did some digging and this thread seems to be exactly what you're looking for
http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/advice/captainAndoran

FishtailMite0
2012-07-05, 02:03 AM
I checked the SRD and I think the only difference between throwing shields and standard shields that applies to my character is that I can throw the shield while I have it whereas with a standard shield i have to carry it. As a monk though I probably should never use the shield as a shield.

Thanks anyway :smallsmile:.

Oh and heres some extra info :
-I start the game at 1st level.
-I start with 150gp
-I am willing to change classes if required but not multiclass. I might prestige if needed though.
-My brother is a 2nd level Cad Fighter who dual wields axes.