PDA

View Full Version : [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread 5

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

LaZodiac
2012-07-04, 08:27 PM
No special title for this one, since I can't think of anything. Here we are, on the fifth thread of the RB Campaign! Here's the old threads

Thread 1: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200295
Thread 2: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216389
Thread 3: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229171
Thread 4: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239680

And here's a short recap of what happened last time.

Our heroes, trapped in the Shadowfell, go to assist Draugen, a heroic mercenary group led by, shockingly, Carric Theolon. Or rather, as our heroes know him, The Wolf. Finding themselves in the tower of the Drow Ardent they were requested to "take care of", they are confronted with the Drow's summoned devil, a Succubus. Absconing with Bast, their only female party member, our heroes are now forced into armed combat againest the succubi's thralls!

Adalhard's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-04, 09:22 PM
Adalhard moves to B6-2.

He then relaxes, and closes his eyes. The mark over his right eye glows brightly as the markings which became clear on the previous fight glow very slightly.

He starts tapping the floor with the tip. A runed circle forms underneath him, with each successive tapping it expands and glows until it reaches C8 where it finally remains glowing forming an image:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Adalhard/AdalhardPost-LichMark.png

He then kneels slightly and pushes Almacia into the centre of it as it is swallowed by the floor and comes out under the Paladin in C8.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Move Action: Move to B6-2
Minor Action: Aegis of Assault - Paladin of Melora
Standard Action: Ranged Attack
[roll0]

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-04, 09:23 PM
[roll0]

Save:
[roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-07-04, 09:28 PM
With a rather shocking strike, Adalhard manages to hit the paladin, who grunts as the longsword pierces her abdomen from underneath her!

Map: http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/771/maaaapt.png

Note, The succubus and Bast are off screen, but I've got them on the map just so I can quickly select them if need be. Just so you know.

Elden's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-04, 09:35 PM
"No need to jump like elves through the forest, let us be civilised and bombard from safety.

Teddy
2012-07-05, 10:41 AM
Says the man who still is blinded by their last bombardment. We don't possess enough firepower to only engage in ranged combat, we need close combatants to prevent them from bombarding us as well, and Bast has been abducted by that devil. We need a breakthrough now.

Elden spends an action point and points his staff toward the paladin and through a Forceful Invokation, a sphere of fire shots toward her and explodes quite loudly in Blades of Astral Fire. Attacks vs Ref:

Paladin: [roll0] (push to A6)
Left eladrin: [roll1] (push to A7)
Right eladrin: [roll2] (push to E7)

Non-lethal fire damage: [roll3] and pushed and prone, and Carric recieves a +4 bonus to AC until the end of my next turn and is slided to B7

Follow me!

Elden jumps over the trap, hurries to the door through the corridor he just created between his enemies, and opens it.

(Not done with turn yet)

Also, for the record, all coordinates are for the upper half of the room.

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 02:39 PM
Elden's blades of astral fire hit all his targets, quite spectacularly at that. Elden gets to the door and pulls to open it. It is locked!

Continue~

Teddy
2012-07-05, 04:11 PM
Elden makes a very frustrated expression.

LaLa, can Elden use his last two movement points to move any more, or were those forfeited as he tried to open the door?

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 04:11 PM
He can continue moving.

Teddy
2012-07-05, 04:25 PM
I need someone to break down that door, it's locked.

Elden then takes a step to the right to D6 and points his staff toward the prone Eladrin.

Attack vs Ref: [roll0]

Non-lethal radiant damage: [roll1]

I'm sorry for this, but I can't let you interfer.

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 04:31 PM
Did you factor in the minus 2 to attacking prone enemies with ranged attacks? Just curious, I can't tell. And it is sorta important because if you didn't include it, it means you missed, but if you did include it it means you hit.

Teddy
2012-07-05, 04:39 PM
It doesn't apply when you are adjacent to the target.

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 04:40 PM
Oh? Ok then.

Elden's sun strike hits, non lethally harming the eladrin. Ouchies!

Also, now that you're on this side of the room, you can see two pinkish treasure chests.

Juniper's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-07-05, 04:57 PM
Carric, go and see if you can pick the lock on the door, I'll hold them off!
Juniper whirls his sword overhead, producing a lilting melody and a wave of green light. He leaps forward, swinging his sword and releasing the light to flood through the room.

Minor Action: Majestic Word on Carric. He can spend a healing surge and heal 5 additional HP.
Standard Action: Song of the New Dawn on the paladin.

Move Action: Jump to D8.
Standard Action: Valorous Smite on the eladrin.
Attack: [roll2] vs. AC
Damage: [roll3] nonlethal, and all enemies are subject to divine sanction for this turn.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-05, 04:58 PM
Saving throw: [roll0]

Teddy
2012-07-05, 05:15 PM
Umm, perhaps I should point out that I rearranged the playing field quite heavily there, Blue. The paladin is at A6, the left eladrin at A7, and the right one is at E7. You can charge it by jumping to D8.

Also, I slided Carric to B7 for a reason (to keep them pushed against the wall) and I'd prefer that you don't slide him away from there.

We don't have time for picking any locks. Just break it down, will you.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-05, 05:23 PM
Sorry, failed to notice. :smallredface: Fixed.

It's a steel door. Picking it will be faster than breaking it.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-05, 05:25 PM
"I'm going to mobilize whenever I get my sight back, stop hurrying unnecessarily it's only creating chaos. As for that door, if Elden can heat it up and we manage to get a hole on it I can teleport inside and open it for you.

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 05:27 PM
Juniper hits his target, bloodying the eladrin! Blood flows from her mouth, though you can tell that's just the result of having a longsword non fatally smashed againest her chest, and being hit in the face with a divine magic blast.

Anyway, with that done, it is now the Eladrin Veiled Warrior's turn!
-------------------------

First of all, instead of standing up, the Eladrin Veiled Warriors shall do a trick that Adalhard taught me, the DM, that these two clearly should know. The one next to Juniper and Elden Fey Steps into standing position at C8. She'll then swing her scimitar at Juniper!

Juniper: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage, and Juniper is marked.

The other one shall Fey Step over to C6 and attack Teodor!

Teodor: [roll2] vs AC

[roll3] damage and he is marked!

Next is Teodor!

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 05:39 PM
Teodor is not to happy about the eladrin being in his way, especialy now. Taking the brunt of the damage, Teodor swings his spear at her with Opening Shove!

[roll0] vs Reflex. If it hits, she's pushed back one square into the pendulum scythe trap!

[roll1] vs AC, [roll2] damage and knocked to D6 if hit and knocked prone.

Additionaly, if Opening Shove hits, Teodor gets to shift 3 squares. He'll shift to B8, jumping during the movement.

So basically what happened was that Teodor beat her across the head, pushing her backward into the scythe, which propelled her forward. Teodor then jumped onto her and propelled himself to the square he ended on, landing like a badass, flames licking at those around him.

Then we get the Halfelf Paladin!

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 05:48 PM
The Halfelf Paladin will stand up, and call out "Worry not! We can stem the tide!". She then shouts to the Eladrin that attacks Juniper "Vel, strike true!", with a divine glow to her voice. Command of Justice! The Eladrin gets to make a basic melee, againest Juniper!

Juniper: [roll0]

[roll1] damage if it hits!

She'll then gra the holy symbol of Melora around her neck and point it toward Carric, shouting another divinely sounding command. "Fall to the ground!". As she does so, the ground seems to tremble! Divine Tremor!

This is vs Reflex, area burst 2 within 10 centered on C8. Carric gets an opportunity attack!

Elden: [roll2]

Carric: [roll3]

Teodor: [roll4]

Juniper: [roll5]

Adalhard: [roll6]

If it hits, [roll7] radiant damage and you are knocked prone.

Finally, if Carric is knocked prone, she'll move to C7 and use Lay on Hands on the veiled eladrin warrior, healing her for 20 hp. If Carric isn't knocked prone, she'll instead stay where she is.

Succubus's turn!

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 05:49 PM
Meanwhile, behind the door.

Bast: The Succubus casts dominate on you again. [roll0] vs Will.

She hits, and commands "Now..put those down" and you do so, dropping your swords.

Map: http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/4682/maaaap.png

Carric's turn! First take your op attack for her doing a ranged attack next to yooooou.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-05, 06:02 PM
Upon seeing Teodor strike the veilied warrior:

"I'm sorry Mr Teodor, but I cannot allow you to do that."

Dimensional Vortex to behind the door:
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately, Adalhard is unable to teleport Teodor with his dimensional vortex, and everything goes as normal.

Teddy
2012-07-05, 06:13 PM
It's a steel door. Picking it will be faster than breaking it.

Duh! *hits himself in the head*

First of all, instead of standing up, the Eladrin Veiled Warriors shall do a trick that Adalhard taught me, the DM, that these two clearly should know. The one next to Juniper and Elden Fey Steps into standing position at C8. She'll then swing her scimitar at Juniper!

mrblgrbldiscriptiontextsayswithastepmrblgrbl

The Halfelf Paladin will [...]

Did... did that paladin just do 5 actions in a row? :smallconfused:

Upon seeing Teodor strike the veilied warrior:

"I'm sorry Mr Teodor, but I cannot allow you to do that."

Dimensional Vortex to behind the door:
[roll0]

Teleportation requires line of sight.

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 06:15 PM
Duh! *hits himself in the head*

mrblgrbldiscriptiontextsayswithastepmrblgrbl

Did... did that paladin just do 5 actions in a row? :smallconfused:

Teleportation requires line of sight.

The paladin did the following. Minor: Command of Justice. Standard: Divine Tremor. That's two actions.

Theoreticaly, you could tap your foot againest the ground while prone and that would count as a step.

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-05, 06:28 PM
As the paladin casts her spell, Carric attacks her.

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] nonlethal

"I think that defeating the enemies in this room is currently a more pressing issue than getting through the door."

After he is knocked down, Carric stands up. He then strikes at the paladin again (Hesitation Slash)

[roll2]
Damage: [roll3] nonlethal and grants CA until the end of my next turn.

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-05, 06:30 PM
Crit damage: [roll0] nonlethal

Teddy
2012-07-05, 06:31 PM
The paladin did the following. Minor: Command of Justice. Standard: Divine Tremor. That's two actions.

Stand up, Command of Justice, Divine Tremor, Walk, Lay on Hands. I'm counting 1 standard action, 2 move actions and 2 minor actions

Theoreticaly, you could tap your foot againest the ground while prone and that would count as a step.

And walking is just another form of teleportation.

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 06:33 PM
Stand up, Command of Justice, Divine Tremor, Walk, Lay on Hands. I'm counting 1 standard action, 2 move actions and 2 minor actions

And walking is just another form of teleportation.

...right. She doesn't try to walk, and no attempt to lay on hands. Sorry about that >_>

Yha yha. I will say though, you don't have to be standing to use Fey Step.

Anyway, with a vicious slash, Carric strikes the paladin across the chest. Thankfully it's non lethal, otherwise she'd of recieve a pretty nasty wound.

Unfortunately for Carric, his second attack misses.

Adalhard's turn!

Teddy
2012-07-05, 06:39 PM
Don't forget that you can use Elven Accuracy, Mattos.

Yha yha. I will say though, you don't have to be standing to use Fey Step.

And nothing says that it makes you stop being prone as well.

Man, continuing a conversation in size 1 just feels weird, but responding to size 1 in normal size (size 2 (in most cases, although size 1 is normal size on my phone)) would feel even weirder...

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-05, 06:43 PM
...right.

Seeing that his attack is sure to miss, Carric adjusts his strike.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 06:51 PM
And nothing says that it makes you stop being prone as well.

Man, continuing a conversation in size 1 just feels weird, but responding to size 1 in normal size (3) feels even weirder...

Yha, I'm probably playing fast and loose with the rules. Sorry.

Anyway, a correction. Carric did less damage on his crit then I said, because he accidently wrote +10 for his damage roll =p I'm a stupid he gets dex bonus to op attacks.

However, his hesitation slash is correct, and it slams into the paladins armor with a strong force, cracking her armor in the same iconic pattern I keep on putting on his targets when he uses Hesitation Slash!

Now Adalhard's turn!

Teddy
2012-07-05, 07:46 PM
Yha, I'm probably playing fast and loose with the rules. Sorry.

Spoilered, because I really don't need to clog this thread with lengthy self-analysis:
Nah, you've really got no reason to be. I tend to sound more troubled than I really am, mostly as an unfortunate consequence of what I chose to include in my responses and how I structure them. That, and I can't leave anything unsaid on a matter (probably some complex about people thinking of me as stupid), and if whoever I'm discussing with keeps bringing up new points, that means that I have a hard time dropping the discussion. In fact, doing so is pretty much only possible when I've gone on so long that I realise that I'm starting to become a source of annoyment to those around me, at which point I can use my cripling fear of hurting people to regain control over myself and break the cycle. Playing out my fears against eachother is a mildly depressing tactic in theory, but it works.

That said, I like consitency with the rules above liberal interpretations, because the former makes it easier to plan and make strategies. Also, in my eyes, stunts are a lot more epic when you manage to pull them off entirely within the rules.

Oh well, at least I got the eladrin to expend their Fey Step...

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 08:02 PM
Spoilered, because I really don't need to clog this thread with lengthy self-analysis:
Nah, you've really got no reason to be. I tend to sound more troubled than I really am, mostly as an unfortunate consequence of what I chose to include in my responses and how I structure them. That, and I can't leave anything unsaid on a matter (probably some complex about people thinking of me as stupid), and if whoever I'm discussing with keeps bringing up new points, that means that I have a hard time dropping the discussion. In fact, doing so is pretty much only possible when I've gone on so long that I realise that I'm starting to become a source of annoyment to those around me, at which point I can use my cripling fear of hurting people to regain control over myself and break the cycle. Playing out my fears against eachother is a mildly depressing tactic in theory, but it works.

That said, I like consitency with the rules above liberal interpretations, because the former makes it easier to plan and make strategies. Also, in my eyes, stunts are a lot more epic when you manage to pull them off entirely within the rules.

Oh well, at least I got the eladrin to expend their Fey Step...

Aaah, ok. I'll note that I'm not finding you annoying, I like discussions like this. From now on I'll try and limit myself to what's in the rules. I just could of sworn I had been convinced it was possible XP.

Anyway, bloop bloop Adalhard bloop.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-05, 09:51 PM
Adalhard starts walking towards the door and fades before coming out in C6 covered in snow.

He places Almacia perpendicular to the ground and his mark quickly extends covering both the Paladin and one of the eladrin warriors.

"Ars Occidere"

Adalhard's aegis glows on the back of both the Paladin and the warrior.

He then looks at Elden.

"We've rushed for three of us to be covered in blood and to smash one young lass into the floor face first, we've accomplished absolutely nothing real apart from crossing to the other side and slashing at young gals.

Not only that but a steel door is the obstacle. I find our state pitiable because we've let good sense escape from us and needlessly tired ourselves in the process."

Adalhard then blasts cold at the door.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Move Action: Fey Step to C6
Minor Action: En Masse Marking
Standard Action: Cold Blast
[roll0]
[roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-07-05, 10:00 PM
Adalhard's blast of ice flies out at the door, and for a brief moment it seems to form a shape before it slams into the door. Unfortunately, not much happens to the door.

If you want to guesstimate what the shape in question is, feel free to do a perception check :smallamused:

Anyway, Elden is next.

Teddy
2012-07-05, 11:25 PM
No acomplishments? Elden lets out a short laugh. What, did you expect instant victory if we'd just stayed put? The devil's line is broken, we practically control this side of the trap now, and while these unfortunate women can't be held responsible for their own actions, don't think you can talk them out of it. To them, your words are but vineager after the succubus' honey.

Elden points his staff past Adalhard, toward the paladin.

Attack vs. Ref: [roll0]

Non-lethal radiant damage: [roll1] and slide to A7

Has more blood actually been spilled than neccessary? It's hard to tell, but I see no strong case for believing so.

Elden takes a step to E7 and tries to open the chest.

Tell me, what would you do?

Teddy
2012-07-05, 11:27 PM
Also, forgot this...

Perception check: [roll0]

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-06, 12:18 AM
"At what cost are we holding this half, Mr Xander and Mr Teodor are already deep into their wounds without mentioning Mr Theolon who has taken a barrage into himself because of the leap of faith you asked. We've blown a rain of hits into a group of young gals for the purpose of crossing a door, a door that is locked, and which key is one of those chests."

Adalhard moves so that Elden can target properly.

"I do not weep the spillen blood but the fact that our comrades have suffered a preventable hell on earth, tomorrow this could get them killed, like your plan at the Barricade which got the lich a pass to the Far Realm. This "progress" could have been achieved by two persons with minimal casualties if you had waited. I would have done what I have done now, wait for the only person capable of teleportation to even try evaluating the door before mass mobilization. Only then would he even suggest pushing forward, and done so from a different circumstance. We are now stuck dealing with this ladies before even being able to focus on the door properly.

The shape you are trying to see is none of your business, but alas I've failed on my task, and I'm afraid history repeats itself, so go ahead and prowl the remains of faded history, lest it repeats itself yet for another iteration. I opened a gate which had been unopened for centuries and now I am cut from it, at least for the time being. The lesser gates I've called upon, they all were last opened by their legitimate master 4 days from now, 14 years ago, so twirl the dagger, for Adalhard yet again stabs a door."

Teddy
2012-07-06, 05:39 AM
Wow, Adalhard sure talks a lot during combat...

Do you think you could just walz out of there unhindered afterwards? Do you think we could avoid battle at all? Think again. These women are now the devil's most fierce and loyal guardians, and they'd never let you through that door unhindered. You'd find it locked, and then they'd surround you, and the rest of us would have to turn this into even more of a rescue operation than it already is. That, and the door would become more blocked than ever as they closed up around it.

And what could we ever achieve without pushing? This is the only door we're aware of that leads to that room, how could we get through it without pushing through this room first?

I should point out that Carric acted before Elden had a chance to level the field, so Elden shouldn't really be held accountable for the damage he took from rushing in.

Also, how would Adalhard know that Elden was looking at the shape? I assume that he was fully focused on it himself during its brief existence, and his perception score wouldn't really get him especially far even if he wasn't.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-06, 09:57 AM
"Yes I do believe so, or at the very least reduced the setbacks on our side, they can be whatever they want and I have no regard for their intentions of protecting that door. Their surrounding me is actually positive seeing as it would have allowed an easier crossing with at most me receiving minor damage. This is not a rescue operation, this is at most chaos.

I don't say we don't push, but that we do so intelligently. You seem more willing to strike down other's plans, but when it comes to your own you don't seem to think twice over it leading to failures such as the one we are currently in."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Carric jumped after Elden commanded to jump forward, so I'm holding him accountable on coming up with the idea.

Assume a speaking speed of 50 wps and all of this has happened in the 6 seconds a round is assumed to be (which is outright insane considering the amount of actions that happen and some of the descriptions in the powers).

Elden was right next to Adalhard, and considering he blasted the door he would have been standing somewhat back to not get blown away himself, also, as noted by the failure to properly hit a door Adalhard wasn't exactly focused, and would see what was happening on his peripheral vision.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-06, 01:47 PM
What do you propose then, oh clever one?

50 words per second? How--? :smallconfused:

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-06, 01:57 PM
What do you propose then, oh clever one?

50 words per second? How--? :smallconfused:
"Right now? Look for the keys on the chests. Before Elden incited people to push forward a line against an insanely well built defence? Everything but doing that."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Common isn't like English, all we know it could be THE most efficient and precise language ever, were this whole paragraphs are but merely a word, like English sentences are sometimes German one words. That or motor mouth, or this is spread out during combat, you don't stop talking while slashing or moving. I meant that in jest, round length is on itself timed in a strange manner.

Teddy
2012-07-06, 03:05 PM
Carric jumped after Elden commanded to jump forward, so I'm holding him accountable on coming up with the idea.

Yes, because the melee warrior needs to be told to get into melee. Also, had he actually followed my advice, he'd have delayed until after Elden's turn and not taken any opportunity attack.

I've looked through each and every point at which any of the dominated warriors caused damage to any of us after Elden's first turn, and I can tell that two of the strikes were dealt directly after the assailant teleported, meaning that our positioning wasn't relevant, and most of the damaged was caused by the paladin's area power, which we wouldn't be any less susceptible to had we stood our ground.

"Right now? Look for the keys on the chests. Before Elden incited people to push forward a line against an insanely well built defence? Everything but doing that."

Insanely well built defense!?
Elden laughs again.

[...]like English sentences are sometimes German one words.[...]

Although in my experience, German as a whole tends to be less space efficient that English.

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 03:30 PM
I find this all glorious. Anyway, unfortunately for Elden, he didn't see anything in the blast of cold from Adalhard.

Additionaly, he opens one of the pinkish colored chests, and gets a surprise. Black ribbons made out of silk lash out at him, trying to bind him!

Elden: [roll0] vs Reflex. On hit he is immobilized and takes -2 to attacks, save ends. Additionaly, Elden can tell that, had he been, oh lets say, dominated, the trap would of been much more dangerous.

On the plus side, he can see inside the chest. On the not so plus side, all he sees are apples.

Juniper's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-06, 03:45 PM
"At the very least their defences have outsmarted you Kal..."

Adalhard stops blunt upon realising what he almost said and interjects as fast as he can:

"Elden"
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Yes, because the melee warrior needs to be told to get into melee. Also, had he actually followed my advice, he'd have delayed until after Elden's turn and not taken any opportunity attack.He has a sling or could have readied, and Elden suggested jumping. He had already done the "motivating". Later on Carric realised they were better off trying to beat the enemies rather than reach the door.

I've looked through each and every point at which any of the dominated warriors caused damage to any of us after Elden's first turn, and I can tell that two of the strikes were dealt directly after the assailant teleported, meaning that our positioning wasn't relevant, and most of the damaged was caused by the paladin's area power, which we wouldn't be any less susceptible to had we stood our ground.
If we were in a cluster we could have focused the offensive and had started to take them out one by one. Also, we wouldn't be in the tie up we are, were every piece is blocking another piece from acting at the risk of OA.

Although in my experience, German as a whole tends to be less space efficient that English.
Well, for some things in general, but when you need specific terms, like "pleasure from seeing others suffer", German has the nicer term Schadenfreude.

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 03:46 PM
If we were in a cluster we could have focused the offensive and had started to take them out one by one. Also, we wouldn't be in the tie up we are, were every piece is blocking another piece from acting at the risk of OA.

It's almost as if I planned this encounter that way.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-06, 03:48 PM
Juniper tries to disarm the eladrin with a strike of his sword, while putting up a defense with the magic of his shield. He calls out, Hey, devilface! Get out here or we burn your apples to a crisp! One sun strike is all it takes!

Minor action: Use Shield of Preservation's power, everyone except Bast gains 6 temporary HP.
Minor: Majestic Word on Self.
Standard: Attack the eladrin nonlethally with Ardent Strike.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] nonlethal and divine sanction.

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 03:55 PM
Juniper clonks the eladrin on the head witht he flat of his blade, inflicting damage! Woohoo, now I get to post multiple times in a row again.

Eladrin Veiled Warrior's are next!
---------------------------

The Eladrin that Juniper attacked shall swing her scimitar at him in response!

[roll1] damage if it hits, and marked!

The other one, being on the other side, all alone, is somewhat unsure what to do, and I'm realizing I really wish I remembered they use longspears, not scimitars. But, such is life. She moves to C8 and readies an action to jump across at the first non dangerous opportunity, in a charge type attack situation.

Teodor's turn!

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 04:01 PM
To all the constant debating during combat, Teodor stands up and says concisely, and rather gruffly "Open the damn door already!" and you can feel the room is getting a little hotter, if you're next to Teodor.

He'll attack the eladrin veiled warrior next to him with Opening Shove, swinging his spear's blunt end toward her!

[roll0] vs Reflex. If it hits, she's knocked backward one square into D9, triggering the pendulum scythe trap, and Teodor shifts three to D6.

If it Hits Pendulumn Swing: [roll1] vs AC

[roll2] damage, knocked back to C8 and knocked prone.

The pendulum hits the eladrin warrior, carving into her side quite nicely. She is bloodied!

Now for the halfelf Paladin's turn

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 04:07 PM
But wait! Teodor forgot to use Inspiring Word! He will do so, targetting CArric with it. Carric, heal your healing surge plus [roll0]

But wait! The eladrin veiled warrior is now able to get into the frey without drawing opportunity. She charges at Carric, ending at B8!

Carric: [roll1] vs AC

[roll2] damage and you are marked

Now the halfelf Paladin goes.
---------------------

She hefts her mace up over her head and swings it down at Carric! "Out of my way!" she shouts!

Carric: [roll3] vs AC

[roll4] damage plus [roll5] radiant damage. She'll then call out to the Eladrin behind Carric, who just charged him "Fen, end it!". Command of Justice! The Eladrin attacks Carric!

Carric: [roll6] vs AC

[roll7] damage if it hits, and marked. If this attack brings Carric down, because it might, she may try to get over to one of her allies to heal with lay on hands.

Regardless, Succubus's turn!

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 04:09 PM
Carric's definitly not going down after all those misses.

Bast: The succubus licks her lips, and casts dominate on Bast again! [roll0] vs will. It hits! The succubus commands "Now...prepare yourself for our little fun~". Bast does so, and, for lack of a better term, strips down completely, as ordered.

Map: http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3431/maaaapl.png

Carric's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-07-06, 04:13 PM
Elden, burn the apples.

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-06, 05:02 PM
After he gets hit from behind by the eladrin, Carric swings around and attacks her, attempting to knock her unconscious. (Reaping Strike)

[rollv]1d20+10/rollv]
Damage: [roll0], 3 on miss, nonlethal

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-06, 05:03 PM
Messed up my attack roll.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 05:10 PM
Carric's falchion clips the eladrin along the head, non lethally hurting her, but still clearly doing some damage!

Adalhard's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-06, 07:13 PM
Adalhard goes to E6, grabs and apple and throws it to A7-2.
He then freezes Almacia's edge into a frozen cylinder and runs it slowly into his hand, the cylinder appears in B8 on the eladrin's neck.

If it hits he presses it against her neck very slightly.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Move Action: Move to E6
Minor Action: Apple Throw to A7-2
Standard Action: Ranged Attack - Non-Lethal
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 07:16 PM
The apple bounces along the ground as apples tend to do when thrown. And Adalhard's blade touches the eladrin, but fails to actually do any damage. Miss~

Elden's turn

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-06, 07:28 PM
Arcana Check:
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-06, 07:41 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: You feel that these apples are magically warded to be resistent to ageing, so as to keep them fresh for longer. As a result of this warding, eating an apple gives +2 to defenses for a turn.

Teddy
2012-07-07, 01:57 AM
"At the very least their defences have outsmarted you Kal..."

Adalhard stops blunt upon realising what he almost said and interjects as fast as he can:

"Elden"

Just don't say you weren't, will you?

Elden gives Adalhard an amused smile as he struggles with the ribbons.

No, we were too clustered to pull off a good offense, because even with the paladin pushed back one step, we couldn't get everyone over the trap in one go.

Furthermore, taking them out one by one seems to be exactly what we're doing, or rather, were doing before LaLa pulled Teodor away from the fight for unknown reasons.

Well, for some things in general, but when you need specific terms, like "pleasure from seeing others suffer", German has the nicer term Schadenfreude.

Given, English has adopted that term as well.

Anyway:
Elden struggles to free his right arm and staff, and points with it just behind the eladrin warriors. A sphere of bluish white light shoots off and explodes in Grasping Shards at B9.

Left eladrin: [roll0]
Right eladrin: [roll1]

Non-lethal radiant damage: [5] and slowed

Elden then turns his eyes to the chest with the apples and all the ribbons and pauses for a brief moment to study it.

Perception check: [roll2]

Arcana check: [roll3]

Then, still turned toward the chest, he starts to sing an Encouraging Chant granting everyone within 2 squares of him a +3 bonus to saving throws. It's a cheery tune...

For those musically inclined:
...although at it's core, it seems to be based on something very sad, and elven. It's hard to tell if Elden's even aware of this, although it's not made easier by him being turned away from everyone.

Saving throw: [roll4]

Also, LaLa, why is Bast circulating clockwise around the succubus on the maps? I think she's closing in on her as well...

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 02:18 PM
No, we were too clustered to pull off a good offense, because even with the paladin pushed back one step, we couldn't get everyone over the trap in one go.

Furthermore, taking them out one by one seems to be exactly what we're doing, or rather, were doing before LaLa pulled Teodor away from the fight for unknown reasons.
If the objective was the door, there was only one person that needed to get to the other side to get it to open (with thievery) or blow it away (which was my failed attempt as Adalhard got his vision back), anything else was putting pressure on, the result is that after three rounds we are still swirling around and only one attempt at the door has been made.

We didn't need to get everyone to the other side on one go, neither Elden nor Adalhard need to jump (Adalhard could teleport and Elden is mostly range based)

We have spread them out and we have blodied two of them but knocked out none, I wouldn't say we are concentrating fire.

Given, English has adopted that term as well.
English does not adopt terms, it pursues the original language to an alley and beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. And like a good mugger it then checks what it has gotten and erases the serial numbers, in this case a term so absolutely German they couldn't "Englischnise" it.

Also, LaLa, why is Bast circulating clockwise around the succubus on the maps? I think she's closing in on her as well...

She spins her token right round, right round / While we are being slowed down, while slowed down.

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 03:49 PM

Perception check: [roll2]

Arcana check: [roll3]

My reasoning for Teodor is that he's just trying to get everyone out of the way so he can shoulder charge the door and try to bust it open. He's the strongest party member physically, he'll rip the door down with his bare hands if he has to.

Elden: You can tell that the apples are indeed apples. Your arcane senses can tell that they are enchanted againest decay, and due to a side effect from that, eating one gives you +2 to all defenses for a turn.

It's metaphorical probably.

Anyway, Elden's turn! His grasping shards miss the left hand Eladrin, but they buffet againest the right hand one quite nicely!

Juniper's turn!

Teddy
2012-07-07, 04:58 PM
With a twisting move, Elden frees himself of the ribbons and closes the chest's lid on them.

I'll burn those ribbons later, but don't touch the apples. We'll have to check them for poisons, but the magic is purely beneficial.

If the objective was the door, there was only one person that needed to get to the other side to get it to open (with thievery) or blow it away (which was my failed attempt as Adalhard got his vision back), anything else was putting pressure on, the result is that after three rounds we are still swirling around and only one attempt at the door has been made.

Do I need to point out that the door with all probability isn't a magical "instant victory" button? Opening it would get us closer to freeing Bast, but we'd still need to defeat all enemies to win the encounter

We didn't need to get everyone to the other side on one go, neither Elden nor Adalhard need to jump (Adalhard could teleport and Elden is mostly range based)

Elden can absorb some amounts of damage and lock up the enemies in positions unfavourable to them. I had that in mind when I had him rush to test the door. Especially the latter, because I didn't want to let them fill the gap I'd made. Of course, that was before I knew of that little teleportation stunt (although I got them to waste their Fey Steps).

We have spread them out and we have blodied two of them but knocked out none, I wouldn't say we are concentrating fire.

One of them was almost completely surrounded, another stuck on the wrong side of the trap and the third was (is) locked against the wall.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 06:23 PM
Do I need to point out that the door with all probability isn't a magical "instant victory" button? Opening it would get us closer to freeing Bast, but we'd still need to defeat all enemies to win the encounterThe door removes the time limit seeing as at least the nova I'm thinking off is 6[d8]+30, for an average of 57 damage, which at the very least bloodies the succubus for someone else to suck up two OA and kill her or with some DV luck would have meant Bast would have killed her had she attempted to attack a party member.

Elden can absorb some amounts of damage and lock up the enemies in positions unfavourable to them. I had that in mind when I had him rush to test the door. Especially the latter, because I didn't want to let them fill the gap I'd made. Of course, that was before I knew of that little teleportation stunt (although I got them to waste their Fey Steps).
He also has no way to not provoke OA in melee save minor exception because of the range keyword. They are eladrin, all eladrin can teleport, Adalhard pulled that one in the last combat while enforcing his aegis.

One of them was almost completely surrounded, another stuck on the wrong side of the trap and the third was (is) locked against the wall.Still, while disadvantageous they still can attack, while one dead and two left would have meant 1/3 less attacks. And would have given as a greater movement, right now we both are deadlocked.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-07, 08:21 PM
Ack, forgot Juniper's saving throw last turn. [roll0]

Juniper motions at Carric. Won't someone just open the door already?
He tries once more to disarm the eladrin warrior.

Ardent Strike.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] nonlethal, and divine sanction.

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 08:53 PM
Juniper's blade hits home, striking the eladrin about the shoulders. She's reeling, but still standing!

In retalation, the eldarin attacks him, since it's their turn!

The eladrin next to Juniper swings her scimitar at him!

[roll1] damage if it hits, and marked.

The other eladrin shall attack Carric!

Carric: [roll2] vs AC

[roll3] damage if it hits, and marked.

Teodor's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-07-07, 08:55 PM
And then I forgot this turn's saving throw. :smallsigh:

[roll0]

Juniper would compliment Elden on his music, but he's a bit distracted right now.

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 08:56 PM
Teodor shifts to E6, then charges at the steel door, shoving all of his force againest it, trying to tear it down with a shoulder charge!

Athletics check: [roll0]

Since this is a charge, no more stuff after it. Lets see what happens..

...Teodor appears as if a comet as he slams into the door with a resounding thud. The sound of steel bending and breaking is heard, as well is a loud grunt from Teodor. The impact is so hard, dust is thrown up. When it clears, Teodor is standing there, the door bent horrificly out of shape with a huge, Teodor shaped dent in it. The door is still attached to its hinges, since it IS a steel door, but it's very looser now. You figure a nice hit will bring it down now.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 09:18 PM
As the eladrin hits Carric, Adalhard's right eye twitches before he blinks into C7 where he extends Almacia's frozen reach into the Eladrin's neck carefully and upon touching her proceeds to carefully strike the back of her head as gently as possible.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Aegis of Assault + Expansion

[roll0]
[roll1]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The eladrin attacking Juniper actually has a -2 to "to hit" due to Adalhard's aegis so it misses.

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 09:21 PM
Adalhard's short little tap almost knocks the eladrin out, but she manages to stay standing!

Bast: The succubus looks a little concerned about the door, but doesn't care. She casts dominate again! [roll0] vs Will.

For a moment, Bast almost breaks the domination, but the lustful mood caused by the Shadowfell puts her over the edge, and she is dominated! The succubus then uses her move action to climb up into her bed, using her minor to Change Shape, removing her clothing with it. She then commands to Bast "Now...come to me" and Bast does so, climbing into bed with the succubus.

Halfelf Paladin's turn!

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 09:40 PM
The paladin hefts up her mace and attacks Carric again!

Carric: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage and [roll2] radiant damage. She'll then call out to the eladrin that Adalhard attacked. "Take down the elf!". Command of Justice!

Carric: [roll3] minus 2 due to Adalhard

[roll4] damage if it hits, and marked.

She will then risk an opportunity attack from Carric, and shift down to A7, and cast Lay on Hands on the Eladrin, healing her for 20 hp. If Carric hits she stops her shift, fairly sure, so no healing.

Map: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4682/maaaap.png

Meanwhile, Carric's turn!

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-07, 10:04 PM
Carric attacks the paladin as she moves, attempting to stop her.

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] nonlethal and stop move

waiting to see results before I continue my turn.

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 10:06 PM
Unfortunately for Carric, the Paladin manages to deflect his blow, and lays a hand apon the shoulder of her eladrin compatriot, healing her wounds!

You may continue~

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-07, 10:11 PM
Carric swings around and attacks the eladrin at C8 (Reaping Strike)

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1], 3 on miss.

Carric then shifts into B6.

Carric has 4 hp, guys. Eek :smalleek:

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 10:14 PM
Carric clonks the eladrin on the head with his falchion, causing her to stumble! She manages to stay up, however.

Adalhard's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 10:38 PM
Adalhard completes a frozen cane with Almacia and uses it to support himself as he shifts to B7.

Once there he taps it against the ground as his aegis yet again forms on a 7.5ft radius circle, as this happens phantom copies of Almacia for in the air around him. He taps again and they become dull stick, on the third tap they fly directed at the Wound of Temple, as they hit they leave a marking on the contact surface.

He then raises yet again his frozen cane.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Move Action: Shift to B7
Standard Action: Sword of Sigils
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
----Still not finished

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 10:45 PM
Adalhard hits all three targets! The eladrin in C8, knocked out by his attack, drops to the floor, unconcious, the veil over her head concealing her eyes. The other one takes the hit, and is clearly hurt by it. Finally, the half elfpaladin stumbles a bit, and you can tell she's quite hurt, but still not bloodied.

Continue~

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 10:59 PM
Adalhard strikes his icy cane against the ground yet again as a shockwave forms but is hold in place as Adalhard clutches Almacia tightly. It becomes more refined and the force concentrates into two spots which then extend in to he elventh and twelve ribs' of both the Paladin and the remaining veiled Eladrin.

He then raises his cane and presses it against the Paladin's philtrum.

"Listen to me degenerate libertine of Melora, I am your target, leave the elves alone, if you don't deal with me I'll unmake that door with the same force I've stricken you and your serfs down. I will laugh as you fall to the floor while I sing Erathis name to your fall and that of your goddess I condemn to Baator along with your master. Now lick your wounds like the animals you so revere, attempt at a Paladin but lacking any divine touch, might as well call yourself a blackguard of such a useless deity."
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Action Point: Standard Action Sword Burst
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Minor Action: Aegis of Assault - Paladin of Melora

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 11:17 PM
Adalhard's second blast misses both his targets. The paladin laughs at Adalhard's insults "Come now, this is no time for blasphemies. MAybe if you asked the goddess of nature for some assistence, your ice would have more luster!"

Elden's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 11:20 PM
"I do not need the goddess of the dirt for my ice, I myself am part of winter, of true winter, not the weak attempt at cold that is Melora's failure but the one brought by the divine wind of Bahamut and the frozen breath of the Raven Queen. Winter flows through me more than it will ever be controlled by your goddess, where is she now that you ail? I might go and kill a deer in your name if you plead mercy though."

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 11:30 PM
"Hah, as long as someone lives and someone dies, in the end nature has moved its course. Now, let us continue this fight. We may lose, we may die, but our mistress asked us to lay down our lives, and we shall do so, gladly."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 11:42 PM
"You are mistaken, death is the Raven Queen's dominion, and life does not correspond to nature, only animals are creatures of nature, such lowly beings; everything rational is beyond the phenomenic, its part of the noumenon which Melora can't touch for it is higher, as pretty much everything, including the last layer of the Abyss. Lay your life upon me then, I'm your opponent I call you to duel, show me what your useless goddess is as I bear not a sword but a cane and with this cane of winter you shall bite the dust the dust of your goddess as your serf did.."

LaZodiac
2012-07-07, 11:45 PM
"Why limit myself to just you. Let us fight, and take this bountiful harvest for our mistress!"

Blue Ghost
2012-07-07, 11:58 PM
Don't listen to my foolish friend; he doesn't know what he's talking about. We mean you and your goddess no disrespect. But why, my friend, do you serve a succubus, a wicked creature fallen from the favor of the gods?

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-07, 11:59 PM
"Cowardly as the goddess of the dust, unable to reach for their own. You know you are impotent against those higher than you then, for you see yourself as what you are, unable to understand true nature take shape. Shy away from taking me on then, I'll name an aberration after you.

And I mean every single disrespect against her."

LaZodiac
2012-07-08, 12:04 AM
Don't listen to my foolish friend; he doesn't know what he's talking about. We mean you and your goddess no disrespect. But why, my friend, do you serve a succubus, a wicked creature fallen from the favor of the gods?

To Juniper, the paladin gives you a quizical sort of look. "Fallen from the favor of the gods? Our mistress is as loving and caring as any cleric. She gives us what we need, and protects us. All she asks for is acceptence"

"Cowardly as the goddess of the dust, unable to reach for their own. You know you are impotent against those higher than you then, for you see yourself as what you are, unable to understand true nature take shape. Shy away from taking me on then, I'll name an aberration after you."

She'll then go from Juniper to Adalhard quickly, and aiming her mace at Adalhard "Fine then. Let us fight like gentlemen, if that is what you wish. Nature is not just violent, but also calm."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-08, 12:11 AM
"I am nature you fool. And you are no gentleman my lady, as such I'll make sure to follow proper protocol and reduce myself to light touches such as an épée, wouldn't want you getting hurt before grafting you into one of my wonders."

Adalhard says the last part smirking.

LaZodiac
2012-07-08, 12:14 AM
For a brief moment the paladin scowls, but by this point I figure Elden interjects with his turn.

Speaking of, Elden's turn still!

Teddy
2012-07-08, 04:53 AM
Teodor shifts to E6, then charges at the steel door, shoving all of his force againest it, trying to tear it down with a shoulder charge!

Athletics check: *natural 20*

According to the DMG, breaking down doors is merely a strength check (I suppose training in athletics symbolises technique and specialised training). Also, generic steel doors are DC 25, but I guess this one is thicker...

Anyway...
Elden seriously considers hitting Adalhard at the back of his head, but he restrains himself, and instead he speaks with considerably annoyed tone:
Adalhard, even the gods show eachother more respect than that. If you wish to play pious, at least try to listen to the wisdom of your gods as well. And cut down on the narcissism, will you.

Elden points his staff toward the closest eladrin (that isn't Adalhard) and a brilliant ray of light shoots off toward her.

Attack vs. Ref: [roll0] Elven Accuracy

Non-lethal radiant damage: [roll1] and slide to D7

If that hits, he'll then shift to D6. Otherwise he'll remain where he is.

Teddy
2012-07-08, 04:54 AM
Elven Accuracy Reroll: [roll0] (hmpf)

LaZodiac
2012-07-08, 03:49 PM
Yha, I couldn't find the DC for steel doors. Sorry.

Anyway, Elden's attack misses, unfortunately.

Juniper's turn~

Teddy
2012-07-08, 03:53 PM
Doors are found on page 64-65 in the DMG.

And, don't worry. I don't actually care especially much.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-08, 05:17 PM
Juniper sighs. Looks like I'll have to do this myself.
He runs over to the door and gives it a good hard whack with his sword.
(Ardent Strike.)

Damage: [roll1], and the door is subject to Divine Sanction.

LaZodiac
2012-07-08, 05:54 PM
Juniper's blade slices into the door! It does negligible damage, but you can tell it did effect the door. Additionaly, the door is under your divine sanction.

Now...do you have any majestic words left? Because Carric kinda needs one, if you've got it. If not it's the Eladrin Veiled Warrior's turn.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-08, 08:10 PM
Juniper's not ready to give up. He uses an action point to hack at the door again!

[roll0] vs. AC
Damage: [roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-07-08, 08:56 PM
Juniper's second strike hits, but due in part to me mathing wrong, the door barely manages to stay standing. Sorry about that guys.

The remaining veiled Eladrin shifts to C7 and strikes out at Carric!

Carric: [roll0] vs AC, minus 2

[roll1] damage if it hits. If it knocks Carric out, at this point you'll notice that the enemies are actually not trying to kill you, and Carric is instead reduced to "unconcious", not "dying". Saves work the same way, though failing your "deaths saving throw" three times won't have you die.

Next up is Teodor, and he'll do as Juniper does, and try to break the door down! He's just going for a pure strength check, however, because he believes he'll have an easier time with that.

[roll2]

He'll also cast his last Inspiring Word of the encounter on Carric, hit or miss, to heal him for his healing surge plus [roll3]

Unfortunately, Teodor is unable to tear the door down. He grimaces, very angry at this.

Succubus's turn!

LaZodiac
2012-07-08, 09:05 PM
On the other side of the door~

Bast: The succubus ignores the banging on her door, and continues her activities with Bast, casting Dominate! [roll0] vs Will. The succubus commands Bast between their activities, tangling together beneath the sheets of the bed I'd describe to Bast if she was online to appreciate it.

Next is the half elf paladin!

LaZodiac
2012-07-08, 09:11 PM
She swings at Adalhard with her mace!

Adalhard: [roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage plus [roll2] radiant damage if it its. She'll then call out to the remaining Eladrin to attac Juniper!

Juniper: [roll3] vs AC, minus 2

[roll4] damage if it hits.

Carric's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-08, 09:38 PM
As the Half-elf attacks Juniper the mark on her temple glows and the sound of a cane hitting bone is briefly heard.

Force Damage: [4]

Blue Ghost
2012-07-08, 11:09 PM
Juniper calls out in annoyance, Carric, open the damn door already!

Ranger Mattos
2012-07-09, 11:24 AM
Invigorated by Teodor's inspiring words, Carric turns around and attempts to slash through the barely-standing door.

[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-07-09, 05:40 PM
Carric's falchion slices into the door, and with a final creek the steel door breaks into two pieces, revealing the next room.

The room behind the steel door can truely only be described by one word.

Pink.

Map: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1411/94567701.png

Note, put as an image because I want you all to see the beautiful work Pinkhair did.

Laying on the floor, near the heartshaped bed, is Bast's two swords and all of her clothing. Laying in said bed, covers over their waists, ruffled with various movements, is the Succubus and Bast, completely nude and entwined with each other quite closely. The succubus turns to face the noise of the broken door (essentialy revealing her's and Bast's chests), an arm around the front of Bast's wait, the other around her shoulders. Faint lipstick marks from the Succubi's kisses cover Bast. The succubus calls out to the party (primarly Teodor, who is right in the doorway) "Ah, hello~. Are my servents serving you well?"

Unless Carric's going to use his move, it's Adalhard's turn!

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-09, 09:49 PM
Adalhard again taps the ground with Almacia as part of the ice in it breaks and reforms, and reforms the shock-wave into two targeted strike to the lower set of ribs. As they hit he tightens his grip of Almacia and limps to B9 where he lifts Almacia from the ground and tries to balance himself.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Standard Action: Swordburst - NL
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Move Action: Shift to B9
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I'd reroll, but since the only thing that changes are the bonuses, simple substraction of 3 from rolls to hit and instead going to reflex has no change. And since a d5 is smaller than a d6 and a reroll probably would end in in a 1, I don't have a problem with rolling a smaller non-existent dice.

LaZodiac
2012-07-09, 09:53 PM
Adalhard's strike hits the paladin, but the eladrin manages to dodge the burst!

Elden's turn!

Teddy
2012-07-10, 07:05 AM
Can I get a map over the battlefield as well? It gets hard to keep track on everyone's movements when you can have no more than half a post fit in your window at any given time (I'll be using my phone for at least two weeks from now).

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 01:40 PM
Can I get a map over the battlefield as well? It gets hard to keep track on everyone's movements when you can have no more than half a post fit in your window at any given time (I'll be using my phone for at least two weeks from now).
Mobile Version of the Map - 320 px width

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Decorated%20images/MapMobile.png

Seeing as the only lower pixel density to this on a mobile device is an IPod Nano, I think it should be fully viewable in horizontal terms in any screen.

Teddy
2012-07-10, 03:32 PM
Elden shifts to D6 and peeks through the door.
Unhand her!

He points his staff through the door toward the succubus while taking care to not look directly at Bast (as far as it's possible), and a bolt of pure white flames shoot off toward her (the succubus, not Bast).

Attack vs. Ref: [roll0]

Fire damage: [roll1] and ongoing 10, miss half and ongoing 5. Regardless of the outcome, Bast is slided toward whatever square is the closest to her clothes.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 03:46 PM
Just curious, but where does the slide come from?
Before the attack, the Succubus will say "Now why would I want to do that? She wants to be here with me~"

Anyway, Elden's purging flame flies at the Succubus, but with a slight movement the Succubus commands her to take the blow for her, which she does. The attack ALSO misses Bast, so she just takes the miss effect. Depending on how your slide works, this may or may not lead to Bast still being slide the way you requested.

Regardless of what happens, the Succubus will say "Oh dear, now look what you've done to our friend. Set her on fire and got her out from under my covers. Now I'll have to put those flames out". She seems rather coy about the whole thing, though anyone with relatively high insight can tell she's fairly concerned about Bast.

Juniper's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-07-10, 04:46 PM
Juniper's eyes flare up as he charges toward the succubus, heedless of the danger. Go back to hell, you filthy fiend!
He plunges his sword into the succubus's body with all his might.

(Move to B2, and Ardent Strike the succubus.)

Damage: [roll1], and is subject to divine sanction.

Teddy
2012-07-10, 04:47 PM
Covenant Manifestation lets Elden slide one ally 1 square whenever he uses an encounter or daily attack power.

See how complicated things get when you take away people's free will.

Elden speaks with a somewhat patronising tone as he wills the flame engulfing Bast to turn dark red and opaque. It looks a bit like a fancy silk dress caught in a storm, with the only exception that this fabric radiates light and burns your flesh.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 04:57 PM
As Juniper rushes by, the Eladrin Veiled Warrior attacks with an attack of opportunity!

[roll0] vs AC

[roll1] damage and marked

Anyway, Juniper thrusts his blade at the succubus after jumping apon her bed, but she holds out a hand and blocks the blade with her palm. "You're coming on quite strong, paladin. I'm willing to negotiate, you know~. I don't care much for fighting, especialy for Zenith" she says. Those with a relatively high insight can tell she's being sarcastic when she says "Zenith", and can also tell she's being honest about negotiating.

Additionaly, to Elden, she says "I took away her free will? I felt her lust when she looked at me, and simply helped her express it, hehe~"

Meanwhile, it's the veiled Eladrin warrior's turn!

Blue Ghost
2012-07-10, 05:00 PM
Here's my answer, scum!
Juniper stabs at the succubus again.
(Action point to Ardent Strike a second time)

Damage: [roll1], and divine sanction.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:09 PM
That time it hits, and the Succubus can't command Bast to protect her due to already using that. Juniper's blade stabs into the Succubi's torso, leaving a cut! The succubus lets out a minor moan of pain "Ah, that smarts you know. I take it you don't want to negotiate, but what about your friends?" she says, in a rather annoyed tone.

Now for the eladrin veiled warrior for real this time!

The eladrin, with a brief look from the Succubus, hesitates and does not attack. She does ready, however, to attack Carric at a moments notice.

Teodor is...actually unsure of what to do. Or like, I'm unsure what Teodor would do in this situation, since he doesn't want to risk attacking the succubus (since her interupt is usable again now). I figure he'll delay untill he finds a situation.

Then we roll up to the Succubi's turn!

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:11 PM
The succubus will use her standard action to do a heal check on Bast, flapping her wings to remove the flames, to try and give her a saving throw for the ongoing fire damage.

[roll0]. 15 or higher, and Bast makes a saving throw [roll1].

As for what the Succubi does next, we'll wait untill Elden answers her question of "I took away her free will?" and "Does anyone other then Juniper wish to negotiate". She's not ending her turn, however.

Teddy
2012-07-10, 05:27 PM
I set her on fire, and she hasn't threatened to stab me even once. My ears would bleed just from having shown my presence when she's not properly dressed had she been under her own control

And I'm willing to negotiate for as long as the conclusion leads to your unsummoning.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:30 PM
The succubus thinks for a moment. "That sounds fine. With your power, you can easily defeat Zenith, so the only thing keeping me here will be gone. I'll gladly leave this plane as part of my side of the negotiations."

Teddy
2012-07-10, 05:33 PM
And release everyone under your control?

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:34 PM
"Of course."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 05:36 PM
"Before you go, who's your handler?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:37 PM
"I'm not going yet, we're still negotiating" the Succubus says, giving Adalhard a little pouty face, staring directly at him.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 05:39 PM
Adalhard doesn't stop facing the Paladin at any moment, so he gladly can't see the scene.

"The question remains, to which of the diabloic lords do you serve?"

Teddy
2012-07-10, 05:40 PM
Then do so. Also, would you mind if we tied you up for the time it takes to defeat him? Just a safety measure, I wouldn't want your master to command you to attack us from behind.

I felt so dirty writing this...

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:42 PM
"I don't. And I find it a little rude you won't look at me" she responds. She'll then use a minor to pull the blankets over Bast, and another minor to use Change Shape, returning her own cloths.

To Elden's question, she smirks. "Zenith has no command over me, I'm simply his guardian, of sorts. Stay over his shoulder, watching, assisting if I have to. A contract is contract, however, and I'm loathe to do it, so I serve him as weakly as I can. But yes, do feel free to tie me up~"

She'll then snap her fingers, and the Eladrin and Paladin will fall over, unconcious. As will Bast, though she's not able to fall.

Teddy
2012-07-10, 05:49 PM
Assuming that Adalhard won't protest too much, Elden relieves him of some rope (of heaven) and walks over to the succubus.

Release them now, please. I will keep them from harming you if you cooperate.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:52 PM
The succubus pokes Bast in the chest beneath the covers. "See how she's unconcious? The others are to. It'll take a short while for them to work my...'magic' out of their system, then they'll wake up, not under my control.". She then willingly turns around, putting her hands behind her back, so that Elden can tie her up.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 05:53 PM
Can she be independent of the rule of the Diabolic Lords?
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 05:55 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: You're pretty sure, yha.

Teddy
2012-07-10, 06:00 PM
Good. Do you have any name, or nickname that you're comfortable with telling us. I like being able to adress people beyond calling them "fiend".

Elden ties up her hands, as well as her wings. He'll then start looking around the room, and walks over to one of the chests along the wall.

What do you keep in these?

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 06:07 PM
The ice around Almacia breaks of suddenly, and Adalhard falls to his knees he crawls to the paladin and starts drawing on her armour with chalk.

He then speeds up the mind reverting process.
[roll0]

Afterwards he rolls to the side.

"I didn't mean it."

And afterwards starts praying to Melora.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 06:09 PM
Good. Do you have any name, or nickname that you're comfortable with telling us. I like being able to adress people beyond calling them "fiend".

Elden ties up her hands, as well as her wings. He'll then start looking around the room, and walks over to one of the chests along the wall.

What do you keep in these?

As Elden ties her up, the succubus says "Oh, these ropes are warm. You must get a lot of use out of them~" She'll then answer "And you can call me Leyden."

She'll then turn to face Elden while he explores her room (which I should note, is full satin and silk. The carpetting and wall hangings, it's all very pink and silky and feels nice, even with shoes on. In response to his chest question, she answers "Apples, and a few trinkets here and their. Also ribbons. They...enhance my domination trick"

Elden: You can tell quite easily that all these chests are trapped, but you can open them in a way to avoid the ribbons hitting you.

Adalhard: You feel as though you COULD do it, but you might mess with their minds, possibly quite heavily. A divine person could do it more safely.

Teddy
2012-07-10, 06:19 PM
No, this is the first time. I grew them out of fire no more than an hour ago.

Elden positions himself at the side of the chest (let's say the right one in the room), readies his staff in front of it, and opens it as his fire surges upwards, lighting any ribbons on fire.

You sure like apples, Leyden. Is there anything in that closet?

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 06:26 PM
"I do like apples. The ones we have in the Nine Hells are rotten and taste of ash. As for the closet, their is simply clothing. Some of it may be magic, though"

Also, Elden opens the chest and the ribbons burn up, letting out a scent of primrose. Inside the chest is 10 apples, and a pair of fairly nice looking boots, that look like they'd fit you Elden. You can sense magic from them.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 08:21 PM
Adalhard looks at Almacia and whispers to it.

In Elven and really low.
"I'm sorry, I'm not going to turn you into a cane again any time soon... unless... I'm really sorry, but I can't..."
He then pushes Almacia carefully into his hand to open the remaining chest at a distance.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 08:23 PM
Almacia manages to open the chest, and ribbons fly out of it as like with the other chests. Adalhard, being on the ground, cannot really look into the chest. Anyone wanna help him with that?

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 08:24 PM
Adalhard uses Almacia again to tip the chest.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 08:26 PM
I'll require a strength check, because the chest is fairly heavy.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 08:33 PM
Tipping the Chest:
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 08:39 PM
Adalhard tips the chest. 8 apples roll out of it, along with 5 gold rings. Two of them have inset diamonds, three have inset saphires. They don't feel magic, but they do look quite nice.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 08:49 PM
Adalhard uses Almacia to get each ring into his person and all the apples as well.

He then tries to stand-up after he has gathered all the rings.
[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 10:11 PM
Adalhard manages to stand up, hooray!

Adalhard: You feel a short breeze againest your ear, as if reprimending you.

Anyway, time for XP! Everyone gets 250 xp!

Also, it is around this time the two veiled eladrin and the paladin start to wake up. Bast stays asleep, as she needs more time to recover(read: get back so Moonie can respond in character herself). The paladin wakes up first, and looks over to Adalhard. She says, somewhat softly, "Well, this isn't the wierdest thing I've woken up next to..but it's close."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 10:13 PM
Adalhard offers his hand.

"Do you have any recollection of the last minutes?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 10:15 PM
"I've got memories of the whole damnedable expierance. Thank you for insulting Melora, though I can understand your intent."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 10:20 PM
"I apologize, my comrade was badly hurt and I needed a way of diverting thy attention. Any leftover feeling from the cane strikes should fade over the course of the day.

How did you end up in the service of such an interesting creature? and is there any traditional offering to Melora to compensate for the grievances?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 10:28 PM
She sits up and inspects her armor, which is cracked and has chalk drawn on it by Adalhard, which she's very confused by. She shrugs it off, though is clearly annoyed by the cracks. "I was sent by a small church of Melora in the Feywild to the Shadowfell on a pilgramige. I ended up near this tower, and eventually found myself here. Met the succubus while she was inspecting...something, I'm not sure what, and she attacked with those two eladrin. Knocked me out, dominated me, then...well, you know."

She blushes for a moment, then says "Normally I'd recomend going out and hunting a deer in sacrafice, but the nature in this plain is...not quite good. Thankfully, I've done nothing wrong, though you..may have, to a degree."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 10:51 PM
"Understandable. You may want to erase the chalk markings if you plan on getting back to the Feywild, on that regard.

Do you have any means of return to it?"

Blue Ghost
2012-07-10, 10:52 PM
Juniper shakes his head. I'm so sorry for what happened. To be living under the thrall of a devil... No one deserves that, especially not someone as fine as you. You're free now, my friend.

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 10:57 PM
"I do have a way to return to the Feywild, yes. As for cleaning.." she then claps her hands together, and a small raincloud rains on her, washing the chalk off (and leaving her hair nice and slik). She then says "Now...if only I could fix my armor..."

To Juniper, she says "Why thank you. You're a paladin as well? Interesting..not often you see a Bardic Paladin. Avandra is your patron, I take it?"

Additionaly, as this happens, the eladrin warriors, which I should note are wearing wedding veils and armor like gowns of lace and silk, also wake up.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-10, 11:00 PM
Juniper nods. Avandra is the one who grants my power. I fight for freedom, seeking an end to slavery and oppression like that foisted upon you by the fiend. Oh, the eladrin are awake.

He goes over to the eladrin and waves cheerily at them. Hello!

LaZodiac
2012-07-10, 11:05 PM
The eladrin (plural) seem a bit angry as they look at Juniper. One of them says in a soft, summery accent (so spanish). "We serve her willingly, halfblood. The domination was just an...enhancement. Do not call her a fiend, as she is bound just as the paladin and just as your friend may of been."

Blue Ghost
2012-07-10, 11:09 PM
Juniper's warm smile turns into a frown. Go on, I'm listening. What in blazes are you talking about?

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 11:21 PM
"I believe I can fix thy armour to certain degree.

I'm curious of such means, seeing as we are interested in returning to the Prime after we finish some minor business here, but the Feywild also would be a suitable exit."

He offers his hand to the Eladrin right next to him and looks at her.

"Fantastico, goetia it is, my regards Summer Courters."

Teddy
2012-07-10, 11:32 PM
(Can't sleep, mosquitos will eat me.)

I assume that you won't mind if we take these things, Leyden?

Elden picks up the boots and studies them.

Arcana check: [roll0]

He then heads over to the closet and opens it.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-10, 11:34 PM
Arcana Check for the Psionic Energy:
[roll0]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The only clump of psionic energy was coming from here, the succubus isn't psionic, that means the drow has to be here.

Teddy
2012-07-10, 11:53 PM
I think you're confusing this with the other way. This was the high value target.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 12:14 AM
I think you're confusing this with the other way. This was the high value target.

That I did.

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 06:44 AM
Juniper's warm smile turns into a frown. Go on, I'm listening. What in blazes are you talking about?

The eladrin answers. "We came here with the freerider, who is likely gorging himself in death when the Drow hired us. We we're brought here, saw the succubus, and chose to follow, as she was clearly the one in true command, and the Veiled Women only follow the true command."

"I believe I can fix thy armour to certain degree.

I'm curious of such means, seeing as we are interested in returning to the Prime after we finish some minor business here, but the Feywild also would be a suitable exit."

He offers his hand to the Eladrin right next to him and looks at her.

"Fantastico, goetia it is, my regards Summer Courters."

"Oh, how can you fix it?" the paladin asks.

The eladrin takes Adalhard's hand, though she seem's hesitent and stays quiet.

Adalhard: You can recognize, now, that they are wearing modified versions of the armor usually reserved for one of the more elaborate Eladrin guard, the Veiled Women. You recall, just from memory, that it's an women only set if knights, focusing on scimitar and spear play. You also are fairly sure the one who answered Juniper is technicaly lying, as you also vaguely recall that the Veiled Women's code of law only requires them to follow women. But again, that's just a vague recolection, and you'd need a history check to remember more.

As an aside, you know who was considered for the Veiled Women.

(Can't sleep, mosquitos will eat me.)

I assume that you won't mind if we take these things, Leyden?

Elden picks up the boots and studies them.

He then heads over to the closet and opens it.

I feel the same Teddy :smallamused:

Leyden smiles "I don't mind, magic items are a dime a dozen in the Nine Hells, all things considered" also [loot] tag.

Elden, as you pick up the boots and study them, you can easily tell that they are Boots of the Acrobat. When worn, they give a +1 to athletics, and as an At Will, minor action, you can stand up from prone with em, using a power called "Acrobatic Flip". Additionaly, you see that on the bottom of the boots is a heart shaped design, colored dark violet. You're pretty sure that, if you were to use these, the boots would leave a magical heart shaped effect as you flipped, and so on. Basically it gives your jumps little effects. You also know, thankfully, that Adalhard can change the design if you wish.

In the closet is quite a few things. Some (3) suits of (relatively skimpy, all things considered) leather armor that you do not feel magic from, as well as a few (4) lacy, elegent gowns of various colors. Alongside the gowns (or rather, under them on the bottom shelf) are some suitable under cloths that go along with each gown, making a set of sorts.

What may catch your eye the most, however, is a set of shockingly decent (for this closet, anyway) suit of leather (or hide if you prefer, I honestly don't know what type of armor you intend to wear) armor. It feels warm to the touch, and your flame seems to lap at it softly, not hurting it. It occurs to you that the stitches in the armor actually seem to be made of fire. You can, in the end, easily identify this. It is a suit of Fireweave Leather/Hide Armor! It gives you 5 fire resistence, and has two powers, which I'll describe in a spoiler tag that anyone can read if they wish.

Power 1: Fireweave's Thirst, encounter free action, triggered when you are hit with a fire attack. It gives the second power a +1 to it's attack, and makes it deal 1d10 more damage.

Power 2: Fireweave's Rebuke, encounter immediate interrupt, triggered when you are targetted by a melee attack. You make an attack, +8 vs fortitude, 2d10 fire damage and the enemy takes 10 ongoing fire damage, save ends, if it hits.

Note, that since I did modify the original armor, I'm unsure if it is currently balanced.

Arcana Check for the Psionic Energy:
[roll0]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
The only clump of psionic energy was coming from here, the succubus isn't psionic, that means the drow has to be here.

Adalhard: You still sense the psionic energy coming from the other direction. It seems to have flucated a bit, as if it sensed what you've done and is very annoyed.

Teddy
2012-07-11, 07:49 AM
Elden wears leather. I can't envision him wearing bulky hide, and chainmail denies him his Int bonus.

Elden takes off his current armour, stoves it away in his backpack, and dons the new armour. For a moment, the stitches flare up and draw fiery outlines across the leather, before they fade back. He then turns to Adalhard.

May I interest you in these boots. It think you're going to find better use for them than I.

He then walks to the other room to disarm the chests and take their contents. After that, he'll take one apple and study it to see if he can find any traces of poison on it.

Nature check: [roll1]

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 07:52 AM
You open the last chest, and inside find only 4 apples and nothing else, sorry to say :smalltongue:

Anyway, Elden: You inspect the apples and they seem perfectly normal. Also, I sort of implied it, but the gowns and their matching acceseries are magic imbued, though it's a minor one. Essentialy, it's just an enchantment to prevent tearing or ripping, but also allow for more swifter removal. The usual stuff you'd find with a succubus :smallamused:

Teddy
2012-07-11, 08:15 AM
How many apples are there in the first chest, the one that ensnared Elden?

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 08:16 AM
13 apples in the first chest, 8 in the second, 10 in the third (second and third may be flipped I forget) and four in the fourth.

Teddy
2012-07-11, 08:39 AM
It seems that Adalhard took the apples from the first chest as well then. Elden takes the remaining 14 apples.

By the way, how lomg does the effects of the apples last, and while we're at it, how long does the effect of Firewave's Thirst last, seing as it can't be used together with Fireweave's Rebuke versus the same attack (FR is triggered first).

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 08:43 AM
Apples last, if I recall correctly, until the end of your next turn. The bonus of the armor is "until the end of the encounter"

Teddy
2012-07-11, 09:07 AM
How long does it take to consume an apple?

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 12:45 PM
[roll0]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Each apple is worth 20gp, they give a bonus to defences for one round... we have the least lethal combat ever while we were indeed at level 2 wealth before the rain of magic items and the armour that is better than classes as a whole and probably anything we'll encounter until epic seeing as the daily paragon powers don't even come close to matching up to it. So I think consumption is not an intelligent option, at best we could get a magic orchard of these and retire to start a Magic Apple selling business.

Teddy
2012-07-11, 01:49 PM
700 gp worth of apples, or +2 to all defenses for 35 rounds. We don't have time to tend to any orchards ourselves, but perhaps we could hire Arcturus to do it for us. We should be able to reap the riches in just a few years...

Also, I'm waiting for Adalhard's reaction to Elden's proposal. Trench warfare (stand, fire, drop, repeat) might be a strategy for maximising Elden's defence in ranged combat, but it makes him immobile, and Adalhard seems to drop prone a lot more often than Elden ever does.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 02:26 PM
700 gp worth of apples, or +2 to all defenses for 35 rounds. We don't have time to tend to any orchards ourselves, but perhaps we could hire Arcturus to do it for us. We should be able to reap the riches in just a few years...
The use of undead for labour is certainly interesting. Long term venture capital in Shadowfell orchards, sounds tempting.

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 05:33 PM
It's just a minor action to eat the apple, and it takes no time at all to eat it.

Also, you both know enough about magic botiny to know that the apples aren't inherently magic, so growing apples from the seeds would just make normal apples.

Also, regarding the balancing of Elden's armor, lets move that discussion to OOC please. Because I do want to make sure its balanced :smallredface:

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 06:34 PM
Adalhard helps her stand up.

"Then I don't think you'll mind me reporting you two to General De la Fuente for being under orders from the Legions of Hell, that or filling you two into the records of the Church of Pelor for devil revering, which I'm sure you'd get anyway from the Summer Court military."

He then looks at the paladin.

"The process itself is simple, however, seeing as Almacia is indisposed I'll have to make the markings with Schadenfreude, they should go away after the repair but a dagger is not the same as a heirloom, so I can't assure a perfect recovery."

About this time I believe coincides with Elden question.

"The colour is not what I would have chosen, but if you believe I'd find a better use for them, whom am I to say no, I'll take them then. My thanks."

Seeing as Elden goes back to the other room I assume he leaves the boots with Adalhard.

Adalhard then draws a runic circle in the floor with his dagger, the boots in one of the three smaller circles (one of them is not drawn but its part of an empty area), the paladin on the undrawn portion which would continue had Adalhard not drawn around it and himself on the third smaller circle.

[roll0]

The boots heat shaped insignia falls to the floor and their shape itself melds and recrystallizes into steel plated boots with small wings at the back and a bluish crystal in the front of the boot's flap.

The paladin's armour reforms back to it's original shape with the minor addition of Melora's engravings on the shoulder pads and a small cloth falling from them.

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 06:44 PM
The eladrin that Adalhard helps up stands by the side of her other, and the one who's been doing the talking says "Alright then. We shall face whatever punishment we'll have for this...consortment, at a later date. I believe it is best for us all if we stayed with the paladin, untill she returns to the Feywild. I take it after you kill the Drow you'll be returning?"

The paladin is reminded of Adalhard's question when the eladrin speaks "Ah, right, my way of getting home. I was given a scroll that will open a portal to the Feywild, though I'm sure if you wished I could modify it to bring you to the natural plane. It's the least I can do". Then Adalhard fixes her armor.

Elden and Juniper: You can faintly notice that little devil wings made of Adalhard's Aegis Magic flare up from his back very temporarly while he's doing the ritual.

The paladin swishes around a bit after getting her armor fixed and improved, and says "Thank you. My names Ledia, by the way. It was a pleasure to meet you, aside from the circumstances."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 08:24 PM
Adalhard puts on his new pair of boots and looks at the eladrins.

"Not that you have much choice either, you need either Elden or Mr. Teodor to melt the snow barricade on the staircase seeing as the recent events impede me from doing so."

He then faces the Paladin.

"Don't mind us, we will probably take a long while until we achieve our objective here and I wouldn't want to further delay thy mission. I just wanted to know the medium, which means in due time we will search for a portal scroll if we need to get back.

I'm Ad"

He stops in cold as he notices the eladrins.

"el Exabezgauz, the pleasure is mine as well, unmeant grievances aside."

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 08:41 PM
"Ah, ok. I wish you good luck on your quest, then. We'll stay here untill you're finished with the Drow, Adel. So...what exactly is your quest, if I may ask?" Ledia asks.

The eladrin stare back at Adalhard, and stay silent.

Meanwhile, Leyden sorta smiles pleasently, and whispers to Elden, who's essentialy the closest person to her "Oh, drama. So, what DOES bring you guys out here?"

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 09:47 PM
"Thanks. Our immediate quest is to take care of the drow, our long term quest is finding an ancient item which was lost to history, and for which there are interests vested in that it does not remain that way."

He then looks at the eladrin.

"Now, since you have revealed to be serving the succubus I'm afraid I have to take the same precautions that have been taken with your leader, apart of the obvious precautions considering you are eladrin.

So if you could please join her that would be maravilloso."

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 09:49 PM
"We've been defeated, and it's clear the person who pays us will die, and our leader is in negotiations, or atleast the beginings of, with yours. We will consent to being bound, but you will not take our eyes."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 09:53 PM
"See, this is why Winter Court military carries scarves, it lets you ask for your captors to bind your eyes instead of gouging them out. But I'm sure I can make use of the ribbons to cover your eyes.

Now, I'd much rather have you sitting on top of something cushioned rather than on the floor, but it's your choice."

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 09:55 PM
The two eladrin shall head into the succubi's room and sit on the soft rug, hands behind their backs.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 10:00 PM
"I need you to sit back to back with your legs crossed."

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 10:03 PM
They sigh, and do so "If you insist"

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-11, 10:11 PM
Adalhard then uses the ropevine to tie their hand behind their backs and above their heads, all in one knot, he then continues the tying to form a square knot with the necks in between. Afterwards he binds their eyes with the ribbons.

LaZodiac
2012-07-11, 10:14 PM
While Adalhard's doing it, Leyden heckles him from bed "Ah, you're quite good at knots. Now, with all that out of the way, how about we get to negotiations proper? And perhaps the lot of us should leave this room, after you've finished collecting all your winnings. Wouldn't want to be in here when your friend wakes up, now would we?"

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-12, 02:17 AM
"You get to pick some skills up from the military and from having dealt with a number of devils."

Adalhard's left hand then glows slightly as does the succubus right eye.

DM
In the innermost circle of the aegis:

"Abramelin Contract - Soul already Owned - Cannot Negotiate - Don't Tell"

He then leaves the room, closes a chest outside and sits on it.

LaZodiac
2012-07-12, 02:29 AM
The succubus, since her arms and wings where the only thing tied if I recall correctly, gets off the bed and follows after Adalhard. Teodor will effectively drag the eladrin out, cursing in Primordial about how Adalhard probably didn't need to tie them up. All that really leaves is Elden, who I imagine will collect all the loot I described and leave as well, yes?

Teddy
2012-07-12, 03:22 AM
Elden turns to Leyden.
A question with many answers. We're in this tower to hunt down a turncoat, the drow you called Zenith, but we came to this area in hunt for a very specific blade. We're i the Shadowfell thanks to the powers of Pelor and a highly secretive mage, but ultimately, all of this transpired thanks to the ancient lich Valindrel, who a group of miners unwittingly released upon the world a few weeks ago when they dug into the crypt he had been sealed in for centuries.

In answer to Leyden's second question, Elden heads over to Bast and picks up her weapons, which he hangs in his own belt.
This is your room, and I would find it inconsiderate to deny you the comforts of it. Don't worry, I won't let her hurt you.

Elden sits down next to her.
While we're waiting, tell me about The Nine Hells. Some day, we'll eventually have to go there, and I want to know what it's like, first handed.

EDIT:
Are the moderately majyxed skimpy dresses valuable?

LaZodiac
2012-07-12, 03:54 AM
Teodor, somewhat gruffly, says "I would. Now we should leave, so Bast can atleast have some privacy when she wakes up.". However, if Elden puts up resistence to the idea, he'll back down, if only because I don't want to split the party because of a DM essentily trying to push things to be her way :smalltongue:

Also, you guys are looking for a sword? Also, yes, those gowns seem fairly valuable. You figure they'd even catch a higher price if you sold them with their matching acceseries/undergarments.

Anyway, Leyden responds to Elden's first part with a little "oooh" of interest. To his second part, she'll smirk and say "Thank you."

"Though I'm not sure why you may find yourself in the Nine Hells, I'll tell you what I know. It's quite a place. The entrance is a big red storm like Gate in the Astral Sea. I should explain, the Astral Sea is..like living under water, in these more mortal planes. Little rifts in the air, kind of like natural occuring portals, lead to the other locals. The Nine Hell's plane is all stormy and red, and smells faintly like ash. When you enter, you'll prooobably be on Avernus, the first layer. It's got the occasional city here and their, and though it's certainly not as pleasent as your natural planes wilderness, it's liveable. If I recall, you've got some places that are similiar, called volcanoes. The best place to go once you arrive is the Bronze Citadel. Balaam, the guy in charge, will be your best way of finding a portal that leads to the next layer, though their are alternatives."

"The next layer is Dis, you'll know the portal is right if it's got the color of iron, and you can taste blood on your mouth when you're near it. Dis is basically a gigantic cavern of stone. They mine a lot, and I do mean a LOT, of iron down their. Dis is pretty small, taken up mostly by The Iron City, lead by Dispater. He's a bit of a...well, ****, to be honest. I didn't just leave home due to a desire to 'seek grand adventure' you know. The rest of the layer leads to various mines, forts, ruins of former attempts at making livable areas, and other such. The next layer is Minauros, but all I know of it is that it's portal is green and sickly, and smells like swamp gass and poisons. I've never actually been lower then the second layer, and even then I normally just hung out near the taverns"

After giving her explanation, she asks "Is their anything specific you're requesting?"

Teddy
2012-07-12, 04:26 AM
The Wolf is in some sense a blade. I might also be silly forgetful. You decide.
Not really, I just want to know. And time passes faster when you have something to do.

He walks over to Bast and arranges her clothes in a neat pile next to her, before he walks back.

LaZodiac
2012-07-12, 04:30 AM
"Good point." Leyden responds, smirking a bit. She'll then ask Elden "So, I know you're going to kill Zenith, or at the very least get him to break off the contract he has with me, so in terms of equal exchange...I figure that'll do for me to return to the Nine Hell's, and my life for the lives of my servents was a good trade as well. Thinking on it, I think, if you'll just untie me for a moment, I shall present you with a...lets say, gift. Think of it as a gift between friends."

Teddy
2012-07-12, 03:22 PM
Elden gives Leyden an enigmatic smile.

What is this gift that you talk about?

Insight check: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-12, 03:29 PM
Elden gives Leyden an enigmatic smile.

What is this gift that you talk about?

Insight check: [roll0]

"Oh, just a magic trinket, that's all."

Elden: You're confident that she's being truthfull, all she has in mind is to give a magical item to the party.

Teddy
2012-07-12, 04:46 PM
Okay.

Elden unties her hands.

LaZodiac
2012-07-12, 06:05 PM
The succubus puts her hands together to create a heart, which she places infront of her chest. Taking a deep breath, her body starts to surge with magic, before a heart shaped red gem, inset in a gold holder, appears. Shortly afterward, golden rope springs from it, creating what basically looks like a pendant. Holding onto the rope, she hands it to Elden. "Here. The Garnet Heart Amulet. A gift, if you will"

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-12, 06:23 PM
Adalhard discreetly observes the scene.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-12, 06:43 PM
bufferbufferbuffer

Adalhard: You can tell the amulet imparts two rituals. Unseen Servent, as an at will minor action, and Create Campsite as a daily standard action. I'd go more indepth itno the fluff, but you already knew what these did so I'm going to let you wait untill you hear what it does fluff wise :smallamused:

Blue Ghost
2012-07-12, 06:54 PM
Juniper glances at the amulet suspiciously, but doesn't say anything.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-12, 07:22 PM
In Elven:
"The amulet has a minor curse, it makes the user get in touch with its inner feminity, apart from that it is able to produce a camp site once per day and..."
Adalhard stops briefly as his face pales slightly...

In Elven:
"it has a parting present from the succubus I believe is meant for Elden..."
He then blinks rapidly in silence for a few seconds

Blue Ghost
2012-07-12, 07:29 PM
Juniper sputters. It does what?

He grabs the amulet and examines it.

Arcana: [roll0]

LaZodiac
2012-07-12, 07:36 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Juniper: You determine that the Amulet gives two powers. One is Summon Servent, which acts as the Unseen Servent ritual, only instead of summoning an invisible force, it shapes that force into a miniture succubi (think Shoulder Angel or Pixie sized, and chibi art style) that only the wearer of the amulet and those he wishes to see it can see. It also, as a daily standard action, lets you use Create Campsite, which works as the ritual. It's also a +1 neck slot item, so +1 to fort, ref, and will.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-12, 07:52 PM
In Elven:

What's this curse that you found?

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-12, 08:16 PM
In Elven:
"A very soft hue of red on gold that looks absolutely adorable I'm sure young maidens are dying to get their hands on one of those."
He then flicks his left hand

DM
"Thanks - More fun - If given 2 - Paladin though"

Teddy
2012-07-13, 01:57 AM
Thank y...

Elden gives Juniper an annoyed look when he takes the amulet from his hands, and he quickly takes it back at an unguarded moment.

You could just have asked me for it.

He then turns back to Layden.

Again, thank you. What does it do?

As he speaks, Elden studies the amulet.

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 02:02 AM
Leyden answers "It'll protect you, like most items like this. It also has two unique powers that I feel may of some use to you. It's also warded, so don't worry about any devout anti devil morons seeing it and instantly trying to take your head"

Elden: Her words are true, according to your arcana check. It gives the standard +1 to fort, ref, and will, and grants you two powers.

1: Summon Servent, At Will Minor Action: Works as the Unseen Servent ritual, only it summons a miniture copy of Leyden that can only be seen by you and those you wish to see it (size wise, it's like a pixie or the classic "shoulder angel/devil", and art style wise it's chibi styled.

2: Create Campsite, Daily Standard Action: Works exactly as the Create Campsite ritual.

Teddy
2012-07-13, 02:36 AM
Elden gives Adalhard an amused smile before he turns back to Leyden.

Once again, thank you Leyden.

Elden puts on the amulet and compares it against his armour.

Now, my friend should hopefully wake up soon and then we'll be off, so I probably should tie you up again, and perhaps follow Adel's example and tie up your legs as well...

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 02:50 AM
Leyden laughs "Go right ahead. I'll be here when you're done with Zenith. As it is, if you've got any more questions, feel free to ask"

Teddy
2012-07-13, 03:25 AM
Elden starts to tie her up.

Yes, I've got one more question: Is the campsite pink?

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 04:29 AM
"No, don't worry, it's not pink, hehe."

Teddy
2012-07-13, 06:21 AM
Elden plays surpised, laughs, and heads over to the closet to take the magical clothes, which he'll put in his backpack.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-13, 06:27 PM
Adalhard looks at the succubus

"Summoning devils is not an easy task, it requires an exorbitant amount of power to bring one into any plane, not to mention one has to be several echelons of powers above to pact freely. How did the drow manage this, what are we facing against? Was it only you he summoned?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 06:31 PM
"It's only me. He cheated. A sacrafice and the right magic symbols can get you anything. Fortunately for all of us, the ritual he used was very low quality, and barely managed to create a valid contract. He's not all that strong, though I would be careful. He's an Ardent, and I...sort of taught him how to suck energy out with his mental powers."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-13, 06:36 PM
"Is he brave enough to surrender or has he already gone beyond the line were he might be convinced to stand down?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 06:38 PM
Leyden thinks for a moment, then says "He's a little fat headed, he's not going to surrender any time soon."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-13, 06:39 PM
"Why is he even fighting us?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 06:41 PM
"As it turns out, he really likes being able to psionic drain minds. It makes him stronger, allows him to essentialy turn people into slaves, and it enhances his mind reading talents, which he uses to fake being some sort of seer or something. He see's you as a threat to this."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-13, 06:43 PM
"When he drains it, does he get to see what's inside?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 06:43 PM
"If he chooses to."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-13, 06:47 PM
"Is there a way to force him to?, and is he able to dominate?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 06:50 PM
"He's not able to dominate, unless he spends a week draining your mind, like he did with those downstairs. They essentialy become puppets he can activate. He can't see through em though, so he's stuck with his psionic senses. And if you want him rooting around in your brain, you'd have to tempt him."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-13, 06:52 PM
"Is there anyway to restore their minds?"

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 06:52 PM
"Are any of you psychic and have three months of free time?" Leyeden asks, a little sarcastically.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-13, 06:54 PM
I can pick up new skills easily, and I think I might have some latent psionic ability. Shouldn't be too hard for me to learn how to restore them.
Juniper is still a bit huffy toward the devil.

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 07:01 PM
The succubus looks Juniper up and down a bit. Probably a little more then Juniper is comfortable with, but less then he'd expect from a succubus "Maybe, but it'd take a while to train you up to be able to be able to do it. And I don't think you'd like my training, Mr Paladin" she smirks.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-13, 07:03 PM
Juniper glares at the devil frostily. I don't need to learn from you.

LaZodiac
2012-07-13, 07:06 PM
Leyden gives Juniper a catish grin "For this, you would. It took quite awhile to teach Zenith how to probe minds like he can now, and he's primarly psionic. You'd have it tougher still. Besides, I imagine you didn't all know they were mind slaves when you first arrived here, so I figure they're all dead by now anyway. An unfortunate, though moot, point."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-13, 07:10 PM
"I have enough knowledge of tertiary sources of magic to assist him and could allow him to pool from my reserves if he tried to reignite the minds of those left. My mind has no order, which means he can draw freely without major consequences in my psyche, if he agrees to being taught I am able to stand as a second to facilitate any lack of energy."

Teddy
2012-07-14, 02:38 AM
Meanwhile, Elden fiddles around with the amulet. Suddenly he starts talking while looking upwards toward his hair.

Are you, in some sense, Leyden, or do you just look like it?

DM:
Unseen servant, only visible to Elden and Layden. Basically, Elden wishes to know if she (the servant) possesses any useful knowledge apart from how to serve.

LaZodiac
2012-07-14, 02:43 AM
Meanwhile, Elden fiddles around with the amulet. Suddenly he starts talking while looking upwards toward his hair.

Are you, in some sense, Leyden, or do you just look like it?

DM:
Unseen servant, only visible to Elden and Layden. Basically, Elden wishes to know if she possesses any useful knowledge apart from how to serve.

Elden: "I know most of the things Miss Leyden does, Mr Elden" she responds pleasently, flitting about your hair.

Teddy
2012-07-14, 02:47 AM
How about psionics?

LaZodiac
2012-07-14, 02:50 AM
How about psionics?

Elden: "Psionics are a type of mental, spell like ability powered by willpower, force of personality, or sheer iron resolve. It's somewhat rare, but you see it from time to time. Most scholars believe it traces its origin to the Far Realm, and seeing as how many abberations have the same kind of energy as psionics, and the Far Realm itself to some degree, this is the general accepted theory."

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-14, 03:24 AM
"What about them Elden?"

Teddy
2012-07-14, 04:12 AM
Elden keeps talking to his hair.

Could you teach what she knows?

LaZodiac
2012-07-14, 04:16 AM
Elden keeps talking to his hair.

Could you teach what she knows?

Elden: She thinks for a moment, then says "Nope, sorry. I'm to small to teach the paladin how to utilize his psionic powers, atleast in regards to what you guys have been talking about."

Teddy
2012-07-14, 05:12 AM
Elden makes a surprised look.
I was thinking as a tutor, not a target. Are you too small even for that?

LaZodiac
2012-07-14, 04:29 PM
Elden makes a surprised look.
I was thinking as a tutor, not a target. Are you too small even for that?

Elden: She blushes "Oh! Yes, I can do that"

Teddy
2012-07-14, 06:28 PM
Elden turns toward the party.
If time's the matter, I think I have a solution.
Elden makes a waving motion with his hand, and on his head, a tiny version of Leyden appears, readily visible to everyone.
We need to conclude our business in this tower, and when we've done so, Leyden will already have gone home. We don't have much time for lessons now, but we do spend quite a considerable amount of time on the road, and it turns out that little miss Layden... Elden beckons towards the creature on his head. ...can serve as a tutor. Unless you find it beneath you, Juniper, that is.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-14, 09:25 PM
Juniper sighs. I'm not happy about this, but if it's really necessary, I suppose I can put up with it. I'm not trusting the mini-succubus, though.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-15, 12:31 AM
Adalhard smiles.

"Welcome to Abramelin summoning Mr. Xander. Not all made of evil does evil, and arcana is valuable no matter the source for it is unaligned and left to the user to determine its end."

Blue Ghost
2012-07-15, 01:25 AM
I know that, and I'm not averse to using any power I can get for the cause of freedom. But I want to make sure we can do it away from the devil's influence. They are sly creatures, adept at manipulating mortals into their web of deceit and slavery.

He tries to say this out of Leyden's earshot, if possible. If not, he says it anyway.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-15, 01:45 AM
"I would say at the inverse, it is better to be riddled with temptation at any time, and under the most vile influences, because if one can triumph at such circumstances the victory of the knowledge means one is in fact truly righteous instead of merely untempted and on the other hand it means one has learnt something which has undergone a return to unity from the opposite, a dialectic formation of knowledge, as good must go through evil to return to a higher state of perfection because it is not empty ignorant good but good despite the evil that lies."

Teddy
2012-07-15, 05:29 AM
Furthermore, I can always unsummon her to never summon her again if she proves any bad intent.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-17, 04:43 PM
"I would say at the inverse, it is better to be riddled with temptation at any time, and under the most vile influences, because if one can triumph at such circumstances the victory of the knowledge means one is in fact truly righteous instead of merely untempted and on the other hand it means one has learnt something which has undergone a return to unity from the opposite, a dialectic formation of knowledge, as good must go through evil to return to a higher state of perfection because it is not empty ignorant good but good despite the evil that lies."

I don't particularly care about my own righteousness. I just want to set people free, which I can't do if I'm enslaved myself. Though you may be right, knowing the enemy may be an advantage.

Furthermore, I can always unsummon her to never summon her again if she proves any bad intent.

She's a devil. Bad intent is a given. I'm not happy about this, but I'll take the risk if it's what it takes.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-17, 05:06 PM
"Freedom from choice, or better put slavery, mental or physical IS a type of freedom, without freedom from freedom itself liberty would be contradictory since it would be mandatory. Being freed from liberty without consent is also part of chance, which in turn is freedom from determinacy, the succubus is a harbinger of a different face of freedom.

The argument for evil goes on similar lines, but without evil then good would be a given, and as such not truly good but merely the only choice of action, which would imply due to lack of choice that good is not really good but the only course of action, and as such the idea of good disappears and we are all mechanized constructs in mindless utopia. In a sense the inhabitants of Baator are as vital to the existence of good and freedom as are the dwellers of the other parts of the Astral Sea."

MoonCat
2012-07-20, 10:30 AM
Also, I should note, we PROBABLY won't be getting TO much into more things

LIES

Also, who is currently in the Pink Room? I want Bast to wake up now. And yes, there will be screaming.

God, this is embarrassing. For Bast. I'd already forgotten this was the same day as the Lust Incident. F*********k.

LaZodiac
2012-07-20, 12:54 PM
Currently, everyone (including the succubus and the two veiled eladrin warriors) except Ledia, are in the pink room right now.

AsteriskAmp
2012-07-20, 01:21 PM
Currently, everyone (including the succubus and the two veiled eladrin warriors) except Ledia, are in the pink room right now.

Due to a number of space time oddities that's not correct.

Carric has no declared position. Teodor has asked for everyone to leave the room so that Bast wakes up alone, but his location also wasn't disclosed, and I don't know if he moved the veiled warriors back inside.

Adalhard is explicitly sitting on a chest outside the room. Juniper has no declared position either but he is talking to both Elden and Adalhard so I assume he is at the door frame.

Elden and the succubus are the only ones explicitly inside.

Blue Ghost
2012-07-20, 01:22 PM
Juniper was in the middle of stepping out of the door, but was distracted by talking to Elden. He shall step outside now.

LaZodiac
2012-07-20, 01:23 PM
Teodor is standing by Bast's side, and he stopped pulling the Eladrin out because of Elden saying that we won't begrude them their comforts. He's steemed about it, but not enough to get a party conflict going (especialy when it would be the DM's fault, and not a player). I just sort of assumed Carric was in the room as well, but I'll ask.

Teddy
2012-07-20, 02:28 PM
LIES

Also, who is currently in the Pink Room? I want Bast to wake up now. And yes, there will be screaming.

God, this is embarrassing. For Bast. I'd already forgotten this was the same day as the Lust Incident. F*********k.

Well, she said that she was mostly waiting for me to get back, and not much did indeed happen until I did so.

Also, what's that last part? :smallconfused:

LaZodiac
2012-07-20, 02:33 PM
Long story short, you know how the Shadowfell is effecting Bast right now? Well, the first effect was rage. This is second day she's been in the Shadowfell, so she gets a new mental effect. In this case, lustfullness. It's why she was acting all akward at the start of this day :smallamused:

MoonCat
2012-07-20, 06:19 PM
Decidedly easier to remember if you've spent weeks beforehand trying to figure out how to roleplay it while being able to look your buddies in the eye afterwards. Don't blame ya for not remembering, IRL that was FOREVER ago.

LaLaWhat does Bast remember from her dominated time?

LaZodiac
2012-07-20, 06:30 PM
Bufferbufferbuffer

Moonie: Absolutely everything :smallamused:

Oh right I'm Carric for the weekend. Carric stays outside, though he's looking into the room enough to keep an eye on the two eladrin guards that are prisoner.

Teddy
2012-07-21, 02:00 AM
Decidedly easier to remember if you've spent weeks beforehand trying to figure out how to roleplay it while being able to look your buddies in the eye afterwards. Don't blame ya for not remembering, IRL that was FOREVER ago.

That, and it'd be decidedly easier to remember hadn't Bast locked herself into some room or another all morning while Elden spent the same time trying to avoid her as much as possible in order to not rile her up with his mere presence. :smallwink: