PDA

View Full Version : Varisian Superstars Crimson Throne IC

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-04, 09:02 PM
"The city of Korvosa has had a legend, almost as old as the monarchy itself. "He who sits upon the Crimson Throne shall never reach old age." Throughout the centuries of rule within Korvosa, ever since the city was claimed from the Shaonti tribes, that legend has been undoubtedly true. No king of Korvosa had ever died peacefully, whether by war, sickness, or sometimes murder. King Eadred Arabasti II, however, had been the luckiest king so far. Despite rumors of his waning health, the king had remained strong even into his late middle age. Such movements of the political stratus are not what gathered a group of fateful souls here on that fateful day...

Instead, they were motivated by a single goal; revenge. Revenge against Gaedren Lamm, a small time crook who nevertheless was painfully skilled at evading his final justice. One morning, at dawn, a series of mysterious happenings began in Korvosa, happenings that would change the face of the city forever..." - Deranthis Syles, Korvosan Bard

Faunra:
As you eat your morning meal, you find a card stashed amongst your food. It is the Harrow card, "The Marriage." On the back, you find some writing:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet I cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sundown. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Calthus:
Stuffed into the pocket of your coat, you find a strange card. Upon closer inspection, you find that it is the Harrow card "The Bear." On the back, a message to you is written:
I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet I cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sundown. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

Alex:
You awaken to a strange, cold sensation in your bed. Examining the cause, you find a card hidden in the sheets. It is the Harrow card "The Big Sky." Checking your own deck, you find that it is not part of your set, and that a message is written on the back:

Riian:
As you say your morning prayers, you find a card among your things. It is the Harrow card "The Survivor." On the back, you find a message:

Aleamme:
As you gather your things in the morning, you discover your crest pinned to a card. It is the Harrow card "The Theater," with a message written on the back:

Nate:
As you get out of bed, a card falls out of the bed with you. Picking it up, you notice that it is the Harrow card "The Twin." Written on the back is a message:

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-04, 10:34 PM
Aleamme stares at the card for over a minute, pondering its implications. Harrowings were acts of worship to Desna, and he began to wrack his brain for the meaning of the card. Hearing one of his volunteers call for him snaps him from his reverie. Someone'd broken their leg falling off a cart, and it needed to be set immediately.

The card would have to wait, for now.

Aleamme rolls up his sleeves and washes his hands before tending to the patient.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]
Heal: [roll1]

Wargor
2012-07-05, 04:37 AM
Frowning down at the card, Calthas glances around himself, trying to see anyone who could have slipped him the note. He rubs his chin as he re-reads it several times, taking in the words. Did it seem suspicious? Certainly, but any chance that this could lead to him taking his revenge was worth the risk. The card was an odd choice though... why use a method like that to deliver it to him? And what did it mean exactly?

He wracks his brains as he sets off, glancing around for the nearest town guard. When he finds one he hails him down politely.

"Morning sir, can you direct me to Lancet Street by any chance?"

Should I make some kind of Knowledge roll? If so let me know and I'll do it on the OOC.

SecondRevan
2012-07-05, 06:12 AM
Riian observed the subtle distortions of the card's aura, distinguishing the location of the ink and allowing Riian to read what would normally be kept hidden from the blind. His prayers seemed to have finally been answered. He could get justice for his wife.

He quickly dressed himself in his armour, including a blindfold he wore around his eyes, a necessary requirement to show others that his eye sight was not at the same range as others. Then, grabbing his sword, he begun a series of katas to prepare his body, as he did every morning. But as he finished, he started another series. Usually he would spend his days searching the streets for anything to help him on his quest to find Gaedren, or to earn enough money to buy back his wife's ring. But he couldn't, not today.

It was only at lunch, when his initial excitement had died down, that he gave the card a closer inspection, trying to discern what the card is. No force in the city was going to stop Riian from going there, but it would be prudent to know if he should be suspicious or not.

Knowledge (Religion): [roll0]

Othniel Edden
2012-07-05, 04:32 PM
I finished my meal in silence. It fractured me that the card was marriage and that lead was proposing the group get circled. My colleagues were dropping like flies to Gaedren's drug ring, all leads pointed toward. Now this note hit a nail within me, sending shivers to my very soul. Was this to be a trap from Gaedren's diabolic mind or was this something legit? Was it just to be me lead in the den of lions or was this attempt to eliminate all of that rats elimines?

I decided to bring this gig to someone who didn't mind getting a bit goopy. Taking a midday stroll to...

Knowledge: Local for a place to get the card analyzed.
[roll0]

Afterwards I headed over to the street to case the joint hoping to find how Hep it was. Taking in the lay of the land I figured on what I need to escape if things went bad.

Stealth
[roll1]
Knowledge Geography
[roll2]

stack
2012-07-05, 07:19 PM
Alezandaru Zarthru fingers the card thoughtfully. So, Gaedren has other enemies...or he is more subtle about his business than I give him credit for. Questions breed questions, did mine turn the wrong ear? My informants were cooperative, but enchantments only last so long and gold weaves a spell of its own...but what else can I do? One man can't charm a city, or at least not my way.

Alex heads out on Wave St. to find a quick breakfast, the corner food stall always friendly to his trade. He watches the water go past as he sits on an empty dock nearby, snacking on a day-old meat pie of questionable province. Could ask mom...but anyone can use a harrow card. Still, a good sign for me, right?

Thattaman
2012-07-07, 10:51 AM
As Nate reads the card he gets straight out of bed and summons Satanshay. He speaks to him in an urgent tone.

"We need to get to Lancet street at sundown. I don't know who it is that sent me this harrow card, but they may just no what happened to my parents. Get your spear, your might have a chance for some fun!

Satanshay grins at the sound of revenge and his spear. Once we find the man who has wronged you, we shall insure he burns in the lowest hell. I would gladly help you and if this person knows how to strike back, I will do it with relish.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-08, 06:23 PM
My investigations seem to be running down the alleys all ending without anyone in the know. Gaedren's way of silencing people made silenced community, and I ain't one to make a scene. The scenario wasn't made in the shade, but it seemed like if this was legit I could apply the heat to Gaedrin's rear. Hopefully the source of the card would bring some illuminations.

Faunra knocked on the door, at the appointed time, on the second. Her breath held and face expressionless.

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-08, 07:53 PM
Aleamme:
As you recall speaking with a cleric of Desna on one occasion, during an ecumenical meeting between the city's clergy, you remember a bit of the supposed meaning of The Theater. According to the Desnan, The Theater is supposed to represent the will of the gods acting upon mortals.

Setting to work on your patient, his leg is quickly and expertly reset, and it looks like it will heal fully in two or three weeks. The man thanks you for your efforts, and gives you 5 silver pieces for your aid.

Calthas:
(I figured with an entire day to find it, no real roll is necessary, and you'll have some time before sunset to take care of other matters you need.)

Arriving on Lancet Street during the late morning, you find the address written on the card. Above the door, in an Old Varisian script, is written
Madame Zellara, Fortune Teller
The lights are out inside the small house, and the door is locked. While you are there, you notice an elven woman trying (badly) to hide herself as she also checks out the building.

Riian:
Observing the aura of the card reveals some faint traces of an aura of Illusion magic. As for the card itself, the meaning of The Survivor comes immediately to the front of your mind. In Harrow, he card represents someone or something who has survived a great and terrible ordeal, and returned from the brink.

Faunra:
Taking the card to one of the Varisian fortune tellers in the city, they explain that The Marriage is symbolic of many different things, whether people, ideas, or countries coming together to create unexpected consequences, for good or ill. She can also tell you that the address you are looking for belongs to a friend and colleague, Madame Zellara.

As you arrive at the street, you find a half elven man already scoping out the house, who almost immediately spots you as you try and observe.

Before we get to the meeting at sundown, those of you who are already there during the day, will you stay and wait, or will you leave and come back at the appointed time?

stack
2012-07-08, 09:03 PM
Alex goes about his business for the day, mind often wandering back to the mystery of the card. He eventually gives up, content enough to just go to the meeting and find out for himself, regardless of risk.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-08, 10:44 PM
"Thank you, friend, but I don't do this for coin. If you really want to help me, I've set up a donation box over there. The proceeds go towards buying medical supplies for the clinic and the support of the poor."

As Aleamme continues to tend to other patients, a little girl with a fever here, a man complaining of headaches there, fortunately no other surgeries were needed. Near the end of the day, he closes the clinic down and looks for this Lancet Street, wondering who knew him well enough to send such a cryptic and yet obvious message. Conrrat would have simply come in person, and he was busy in Sandpoint anyway. René never bothered to write, and Mother refused to allow Galienne to. Puccio, maybe, but as Aleamme understood it, he was busy at Citadel Vraid.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-09, 01:04 AM
Faunra remains in the neighborhood, spending a silver or two on lunch, and keeps an eye on eye on who has attention on the area.

Thattaman
2012-07-09, 01:48 AM
Nate stays close to Lancet street but does travel around looking for anyone who might have sent the card.

SecondRevan
2012-07-09, 04:33 AM
As the time approaches, Riian makes his way to the meeting place. With his eyesight, he did not watch the streets, but he had asked several of his old informants in attempt to be as prepared as possible.

Gather Information [roll0]

Wargor
2012-07-09, 12:55 PM
"A Fortune teller? Well that explains the Harrow card at least." Calthas mutters to himself, idly scanning around the area. Noticing the elven woman, he watches her for a moment before nodding a greeting and settling against a wall to wait the day away. He takes careful note of anyone trying to enter the building at the appointed time, and tries to make sure he is the last to do so.

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-09, 01:12 PM
Riian:
Your contacts tell you about a young Varisian woman named Zellara who works as a fortune teller from that house.

As you each arrive around sunset at the house on Lancet St, the house is filled with a warm, inviting glow. As you step into the house, you find that the majority of the building is taken up by a single room.

The cozy chamber within this small home is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. The haze comes from several sticks of incense smoldering in wall-mounted burners that look like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel.

The walls are draped with brocaded tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling men’s hearts, another showing a pair of angels dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry on the far wall depicts a tall hooded figure shrouded in mist, a flaming sword held in a skeletal hand. Several brightly-colored rugs cover the floor, but the room’s only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throwcloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

On the table is a small note;
Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please, have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and drink for you.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-09, 01:28 PM
Aleamme is shocked when he sees Riian arriving there.

"Monsieur Gage...I did not expect to see you again. I take it you are here because of a note sent by Harrow card regarding Gaedren Lamm?"

Riian can sense his aura: tense, with that familiar anger simmering beneath the surface, but with a fear of him. He was clearly expecting Riian to accuse him of something.

Wargor
2012-07-09, 03:32 PM
Calthas looks around at the strange assortment of people before reading the note and taking a seat. "Interesting décor to say the least." he says dryly, glancing around the room. Taking some bread and a jug from under the table, he pours himself a drink. Taking a sip, he clears his throat and takes off his hat, placing it upon the table.

"Well, I 'spose some introductions are in order. I am Calthas Quintus, Cal to my friends. If the note I received is right, then that should include all in this room. Afterall, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Or so they say." Noticing Aleamme's outburst, he raises a brow quizzically. "I take it you two are already aquainted then?" He states, eyes darting from Aleamme to Riian.

SecondRevan
2012-07-09, 05:14 PM
The first thing he realized as he entered the room was the overpowering smell. As a man so reliant on his other senses, he did not appreciate this. You could learn a lot from smell, if you knew how. Yet all Riian could learn was Zellara's eating habits. This focus on the scent of the room distracted him, and made him tense in surprise as he sensed the familiar aura of Aleamme.

He knew now that Aleamme was innocent, and he wished he could apologize to Aleamme for some of the things he did when he believed that Aleamme had killed Ae. But he could not escape the fact that when he thought of Ae's death, even though he knew Gaedren Laam was responsible, Aleamme was the face, or at least aura, that he connected to it. It was surprisingly only now that Riian realized how much he needed absolution, so that he could properly forgive Aleamma for the crimes Riian knew he hadn't done.

Instead, he let out a controlled "I did not expect to see you either. But it appears we were both summoned."

He turned to face the others who had gathered. "Riian Gage. And yes, we are acquainted" he said, purposely avoiding going into in more depth.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-09, 06:39 PM
I smirk at the sight of these mooks. All victims of Gaedren, as the note had said.

"My name is Investigator Faunra of the Endrin Millitary Acadamy. I've come across your names in my gumshoeing to expose Gaedren for the dirty rat he is. Given that you are all gathered here either we are either caged rats, or in the middle of a conspiracy for revenge. If the latter is the case then I suggest we do the former to ensure whatever mess we get gobbled up in, eh mooks?"

Wargor
2012-07-09, 07:09 PM
Calthas stares at the odd elven women, his eye brow slowly raising as she speaks. "I'm going to pretend I understood more than half of what you just said, ma'am." he states, a smile reaching his lips. "Not sure I like being called a mook though, seems this here is a room full of equals. We all been summoned here. Seems we all got to play our part. Unless this is a trap 'course; in that case? I'll die shooting." He announces, his expression turning grim as his hand falls the weapon at his belt.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-09, 07:38 PM
"Cal was it? I'm gonna lay it on you Daddy-O. I may be kookie, but I mean to lay some heavy heat on Gaedren, that grody bugger, to make sure he be jacketed with the slammer, get my drift? Now if you got any illuminations on how to make that happen we'll be hip. Hopefully this scene is made in the shade so that Ape doesn't get to enjoy another despoilment."

Linguistics or another type of knowledge check might reveal that Faunra speaks in a Cant, a form of street speech. Translation for those that might understand:

Cal was it? I'm going to let you know man. I might be crazy (likable crazy) but I mean to see Gaedren, dirty peabrain, arrested for a long time, understand? If you got any good ideas to make this happen, we'll be cool. Hopefully this event will be sucessful before that brute enjoys somebody else's life being ruined.

stack
2012-07-09, 09:00 PM
Alex slips in quietly, his silver scarf and red vest announcing his presence for him. He brushes his dark hair aside before speaking softly,"Alezandaru Zarthru. Alex works. We seem, if strangers can be trusted, no offense, to have a common cause. The cause of our summoner remains in question. Ought we take a more defensive posture against his, her, or their arrival?"

Othniel Edden
2012-07-09, 09:15 PM
"She. Got it from a reputable type source that our fate is in her cards." Faunra places her card on the table, "and according to that soure that there is to be a partnership formed. That be if she is no phony."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-09, 09:42 PM
"Aleamme is my name. Aleamme Desrosiers. You may know of my parents. Galtan expatriates who avoided the Red Revolution by being here in Varisia when it broke out. I run a free clinic in Old Korvosa. I do not believe this is a trap. If it were, they'd have told us each to come alone. We may as well help ourselves to our host's hospitality."

Aleamme takes some of the bread and picks it apart, chewing it piece by piece to savor it. Good food was hard to come by back in the slums.

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-09, 09:47 PM
"I can assure you, I am no phony." Through the door, almost unheard, steps a winsome Varisian woman, her brown hair tyed back in a bright red scarf. "I'm sorry I am a bit late. My name is Zellara, and I am the one who called you here this evening. Thank you for coming, my friends, and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. I have reason to remain hidden, you see—a terrible man would see great harm done to me if he knew I was reaching out for help. This is a man you know, for he has done something terrible to each of you as well. I speak, of course, of Gaedren Lamm, a man whose cruelty and capacity to destroy the lives of those he touches are matched only by his gift for avoiding reprisal.

You see, a year ago, his thieves stole this, my Harrow deck, from me. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my sole means of support. When pickpockets stole it, my son, Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them, Gaedren murdered my son. I sought help from the Guard, but they turned me away. And so I asked around. I paid bribes. I consulted my Harrow deck for advice. And recently, I was rewarded

I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17, where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures.

And now, I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man on my own, and the Guard moves so slowly that if I were to go to them, Gaedren would certainly know of their coming well in advance. Even if they did arrest him—what guarantee would I have he would be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. But you know of these frustrations as well, for word on the street has it that Gaedren has wronged each of you, too. So there we are. It is time for him to pay.” Zellara continues to shuffle her deck of Harrow cards as she speaks, before drawing nine cards from the deck. Passing out a card to each of you, see begins to speak again.

"Though I am sure you are eager to get your revenge, please accept my indulgence first. Allow me to consult the cards, and perhaps see if we can glimpse the future that lies before you. First," she says, pointing to the cards in front of you. "Is the Choosing."

The Harrow:

Faunra:
The card you are given depicts a woman in the middle of what looks like a traditional Varisian dance. "The Dance. May you have luck where skill and finesse will save your skin.'

Calthus:
The card you are given depicts a man-sized cricket, playing the accordian. "The Cricket. Perhaps you will be able to leap just a bit farther."

Alex:
Your card depicts a cockatrice, posed neutrally. "The Peacock. Clearly, an encounter with a braggart is in your future."

Riian:
Your card depicts a man drowning, led astray by a Will-O-Wisp. "The Demon's Lantern. Be careful to not be led astray."

Aleamme:
Your card depicts a rabbit wielding a broken sword. "The Rabbit Prince. Every combat is a gamble, remember that."

Nate:
Your card depicts a landslide overtaking a house. "The Avalanche. Beware getting swept up in events bigger than yourself."

"Now that the Choice has been made, let us peer into the past, that we might reveal its revelations. Let us view the present, to gain insight on our goal. Finally, let us divine the future, to foresee the path ahead. Then, shuffling the cards together again and dealing them out on the table in a 3x3 pattern, Zellara begins the reading proper.

The Past:
"The Hidden Truth. We have gathered here together because we have seen though Gaedren's lies. The Trumpet. A new power has emerged in the city of Korvosa, for good or for ill. The Demon's Lantern. A task has been impossible for you in the past, and holds particular significance to you, does it not, Riian?"

The Present:
"The Twin. This group is called for great things, and a purpose other than simply revenge against Gaedren. Perhaps Fate seems to tie you all together. The Queen Mother. Through me, you have learned the secret you need to accomplish your goals. The Owl. The natural order of things has been upset. A disturbing sign, indeed.

The Future:
"The Cricket. Speed will be your ally tonight. Especially for you, Calthas. The Snakebite. There is a poison in Korvosa, and you will be the ones to cleanse it. Turning over the final card, Zellara frowns. The Juggler, misaligned. Fate is not with you my friends. If you seek justice, you must forge your own fate.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-09, 09:53 PM
"If Gaedren is this poison, then by the Inheritor I shall extirpate it! You can count on me. It won't restore my honor, at least in the eyes of those it matters to, but I will sleep easier at night knowing I sank my blade into that foul wretch's neck."

Othniel Edden
2012-07-09, 10:34 PM
"Then I propose we best bring this Lamm to the slaughter through our skills no? Fate be kind or not."

Wargor
2012-07-10, 02:55 AM
Running his thumb over the Harrow card in his hand, Cal nods in agreement."It's high time for Lamm to meet his maker. Guess its up to us to shepard him on his way. Count me in."

SecondRevan
2012-07-10, 06:07 AM
Hearing of Zellara's lack of faith in the guards disappointed Riian, but he wasn't surprised. Despite the fact he always acted with integrity during his time, a leftover of a childhood spent wishing to be a paladin, he knew that not all guards lived their lives at his high standards. Some were corrupt, but even those that were clean often moved at speeds that had it appeared like they had been hexed.

He didn't say a word, though, and instead waited patiently as the Harrow was completed. He didn't know what to think of the whole ritual, being from a village with little interaction with magic. Even after acquiring his magic, he had no idea if such feats were possible.

"Yes. Laam needs to be bought to justice" Riian said, but the inflection on his voice made it clear to all that he wasn't sure if he meant justice or vengeance.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-10, 11:48 AM
"Are we decided then? We storm the fishery and end this once and for all?"

stack
2012-07-10, 11:55 AM
Alex watches the harrowing, both for the reading and from general interest, his hand drifting the the pocket holding his own deck. Not bad...needs a bit more flash to bring in the coin, maybe some moans, smoke. Townies love that, never think they are getting their money's worth if you don't gussy it up.

As for braggarts, that is delightfully noncommittal. Any of these could be a braggart, Lamm likely is, half those in his employ, blast, even me.

Don't we always forge our own fates? I've seen to many harrows to put much stock in the predictions until its too late to change your course.

He gives Zellara a wink and a nod. "Good to see an expert at work. I'm sure your guidance will be of use."

"So, the old fishery? Ought we take a peek yet this evening? No point in wasting perfectly good darkness."

Wargor
2012-07-10, 12:27 PM
"I concur, we shouldn't waste any time. Lamm has spent too long ruining people's lives, it ends tonight!" Calthas growls, surging to his feet. Grabbing his had, he slams it on his head and downs the last of his water. "Blood for blood." He intones coldly.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-10, 12:45 PM
"Blood for blood. Dieux défendre le droit."

Thattaman
2012-07-10, 01:11 PM
Nate looks suspiciously at the card. I've never trusted Harrow decks, people put too much faith in to them, faith that is never with a reason. But if you're looking for me being swept away by big events, is my parents death a big event enough? Or is it my creating Satanshay my eidolon.

Nate places his harrow card on the table, then summons Satanashay. If I'm going to introduce myself, then I have to introduce Satanshay. Please don't be scared of him, although he is a being powered purely on the power of my hate and negative emotions. That way, I'm never going to be overtaken by hate, rage, envy or lust.

Satanshay glares at all the people in the room, a snarl on his face. So these are the men who are going to "help" us kill Lamm. If we're saying blood for blood, then I am the one who finally ends his pathetic life. And no one will get in the way of that. If you can help me though, I'm not going to let vanity overtake my need for vengance.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-10, 02:15 PM
"WHAT IN THE NAME OF SAINT LYRIMIN ARE YOU?!" Aleamme cries, drawing his sword and getting in a defensive stance.

Thattaman
2012-07-10, 02:23 PM
Satanshay looks up and snarls at Aleamme, burning with rage and hatred. He grabs his spears and continuously points it at Aleamme threateningly. I am, what you might call an Efreeti, a Fire Genie. Although I am only a weak one for now, I am hoping to grow stronger. As Nate has aleady said, I am made out of his hate, so that he will never feel anything but possitive emotions. But, if you want to fight, I will be happy to oblige.

Nate walks between the possible upcoming fight. Now, just calm down, or I'll have to un-summon you Satanshay. And a warning to you, He points at Aleamme don't get on the wrong side of Satanshay, or he will not hesitate to kill you.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-10, 02:29 PM
"Get on the wrong side? Of a monster? Made out of pure hatred? How can something like that even be allowed to exist?"

Aleamme holds up the holy symbol around his neck, brandishing it at Satanshay.

"Blessed are they who stand before the corrupt and the wicked and do not falter. Blessed are they who stand before the corrupt and the wicked and do not falter..." he begins chanting.

Thattaman
2012-07-10, 02:34 PM
"This "Monster is all that stops me from ripping the heart out of your chest out of hatred. Lamm has forced me to have to make a monster so that I don't fill with hatred and lose my sanity. The death of my parents almost made me insane with hate and rage. Satanshay is the only thing that stops that from hapening. As for who would let it exist, Satanshay was helped to be created by the professors at the Acadamae.

stack
2012-07-10, 02:37 PM
You know, I actually had someone leave a game due to conflicts over an evil-themed eidolon. makes me wary of the whole idea.

Alex steps back from the growing conflict. "Hey now, everybody take a deep breath. We take care of Gaedrin, not each other. Save it for a bit, eh?"

Thattaman
2012-07-10, 02:42 PM
Oh, I'll try not to use Satanshay being evil too much. He's more to add flavour to Nate, rather than be a character in himself.

I agree, Lamm is the true enemy, not eachother. He is the cause for all our problems anyway. I'll try to keep Satanshay away from people, only when I need him. I only ask that you do not attempt to kill him. I apologise for having him, but he is almost a medicine for my possible mental illness; which is Lamms fault.

Wargor
2012-07-10, 03:10 PM
Eyeing the strange creature wearily, Calthas too tries to soothe the situation. "I know for one thing, my hatred burns a hole in my chest whenever I think of Lamm, Nate here just has his on the outside. And Alex is right, we got to stick together. Once Lamm is dead, then you two can have your little debate. Till then, we work as a team, and bring that scum down! You with me?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-10, 03:10 PM
Aleamme sheathes his sword.

"Very well, you've made your point. I do not like the idea of fighting alongside such a creature, but if it's the only thing that keeps you from being a monster, then Iomedae will forgive the alliance. But I shall be watching you, Satanshay. Harm any innocent on my watch and I will not hesitate a second time."

SecondRevan
2012-07-10, 07:18 PM
Riian had found Satanshay's aura troubling, and was pleased to finally be able to match the aura to a specific creature. Outsiders like Efreeti were so alien that their auras were so utterly different, regardless of visual appearance.

Otherwise, he had little problem. This creature may be evil, but at this moment Riian didn't mind. Laam was the important thing, and once this was done, they would likely go their own ways

Othniel Edden
2012-07-12, 12:41 PM
Faunra loads her crossbow, and indicates that she'd prefer to get to the problem at hand rather than worry about the particulars of her team.

stack
2012-07-12, 12:47 PM
The situation cooling, Alex gestures toward the door. "To our fates, then?" Hopefully they can keep it together long enough to get Lamm. Otherwise...otherwise I'll have to do it on my own. I can handle that.

suggest we move in that direction, sneaky-types can take a closer look.

Wargor
2012-07-12, 12:59 PM
"Aye, let's get to it. Lamm's reign ends tonight." Calthas loads his pistol and moves to the door, holding it open for his new companions.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-12, 01:01 PM
"Oui. Let us go while we still have daylight."

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-12, 04:42 PM
After a few minutes of traveling through the twilit streets of Korvosa, you soon find yourselves across the street from an old fishery, which hangs precariously off the pier overhanging the Jeggare River. Almost immediately, the stench of putrid fish assaults your senses. In the front window of the building, a dim light glows, indicating that someone is there.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-12, 06:33 PM
"Tactics?", Aleamme asks, trying to gauge approaches into the fishery.

Wargor
2012-07-12, 06:49 PM
"Anyone good enough to get up close unseen and scout it out? We got to be careful, could be kids in there afterall, can't just rush in." Calthas mutters, trying his best to peer through the windows.

Perception check.
[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-12, 07:03 PM
"I am a warrior, not a skulker."

Othniel Edden
2012-07-12, 07:31 PM
"I'm of silent feet."stealth [roll0]

Before taking two steps her armor clanked..

stack
2012-07-12, 07:54 PM
Alex winces at the noise. "I can neutralize guards, or even make them feel kindly disposed toward us. Hard to resist me when I feel persuasive. If we need to get bloody, you can finish them when they fall asleep." He tosses the end of his scarf over his shoulder. The scorpion tattoo conspicuous on his forearm glows and peels off, gaining depth as it travels up his skin, coming free and crawling down his clothes. "Klack will take a peek. Little less conspicuous."

The green arachnid skitters toward the back of the building. "I should feel if anything is too wrong. He's not bright, what do you expect form a tattoo? But he should give an indication if there is anything obviously wrong."

SecondRevan
2012-07-13, 04:37 AM
"Ah, I was wondering what that was" It was... confusing, seeing the tattoo come alive. To him, it looked like some sort of necromancy, animating his flesh to create a scorpion. "I'd love to help sneak around, but I'm a fighter." Riian was relieved that they appeared to realise that despite his blindness, a fact obvious from the blindfold he had round his eyes, he could fight. Too often people didn't realise the strange magic that replaced Riian's vision.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-13, 06:43 AM
With the boys distracted by the walking tatoo, I removed my armor in manner as quick as I could manage. A closer look at what was going on with Lamm would put me in orbit. When the clunky mail had finally slide off I smelt pretty rank but the smell of the fishery was far worse.

Stealth
[roll0]

I slipped seamlessly and silently into the dank and damp shadows of the streets. I counted as many as I could, noted their belongings and scaddled soon after I inquired any intel I could see with eyes and hear with my ears. I felt like a bit of an dancer nicking coins from purses, though with information.

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-13, 09:57 AM
Alex:
Klack scurries about at surveys the area, before reporting back to you. Other than the front door, there is also a side door on the right side of the building, as well as a rickety old ship out back. There's something big swimming in the water, as well.

Faunra:
Sneaking up to the door, you peer sneakily into the window to find the source of the light. A middle-aged, unpleasant looking man, most definitely not Gaedren, sits at a desk in the room, writing in a ledger. You do recall, however, that Gaedren often hires middlemen to sort through his "legitimate" affairs, and that this fishery produces a harbor "treat" (in the most charitable sense,) called dock-dumplings.

stack
2012-07-13, 10:24 AM
The scorpion skitters back up his clothes and onto his arm, melding back into Alex's skin. "We have another door, ship out back, and...something in the water. Back door seems like a better option, though there might be someone watching from the ship. Might be a place to keep children from escaping as well. Building first, then ship?"

Wargor
2012-07-13, 11:43 AM
"How about we take both entrances at once? That should narrow down any means of escape." Calthas adds, fascinated eyes watching the magic of the Scorpion resuming it's spot on Alex's skin.

Thattaman
2012-07-13, 11:48 AM
Nate stays back while the building is being scouted out, with Stanshay beside him, he is trying not to get to stressed or Stanshay could lash out at someone. But should it come to combat, he can get as angry as he wants.

I think we should split up and take both entrances simultaneously. Although I want to stay with Satanshay, to make sure he stays calm. I'd rather stay on land and take the building instead of the ship. I don't want Gaedran Lamm living to see the end of today. With that Stanshay fires up and beats his chest loudly.

stack
2012-07-13, 11:57 AM
"Good idea. I'll take the front and disable as many as I can. Someone who can fight should come with me. If it gets bad, we'll fall back to the alley." A small punching dagger appears from an embroidered pocket.

puching daggers get x3 crits, perfect for wimps delivering CDG's to sleeping foes.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-13, 12:06 PM
"I shall join you."

Aleamme draws his sword.

"May the Inheritor guide my blade."

Wargor
2012-07-13, 12:24 PM
"I'll head round the back way then, let's see if we can't catch them in a crossfire, so to speak." Calthas mutters, and when the others are ready he does his best to stick to the shadows as he creeps around to the rear door, pistol drawn.

Stealth roll.
[roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-13, 02:01 PM
Alright, then. I'm going to need a Stealth check from the people approaching the front door, and an Acrobatics check for anyone taking the side door.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-13, 02:24 PM
I slipped back quickly as I and told the posse what I saw. I slip into my armor as I explain.

"Didn't see Gaedren. Saw a manager though, could be a valuable nail for Lamm's coffin. He was book keeping. If Gaedren's not here we should gather this individual to see what he knows of Gaedren's affairs. Also it might prove useful to taking care of Lamm's Lieutenants if they go to ground after he expires. Prevent further troubles like Lamm's from occurring. If we prioritize his capture if Lamm isn't here then we should be in fat city."

Thattaman
2012-07-13, 02:30 PM
At the mention of a good fighter going through the front door Satanshay approaches. "I'm probably the best fighting efreet you've ever met, so I think I should go through with you. Although you don't seem to like me, I can be of great help in a battle.

I shall wait behind for when you've faught, then I'll come up with you. I'm not the best in the art of warfare, but Satanshay is one of the best fighters around. I know you don't like him, but take him, he'll be killing Gaedran, not you.

Stealth roll for Satanshay [roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-13, 02:38 PM
Aleamme's eyes narrow as Satanshay barges in to join them, but holds his tongue. He tries to follow after the efreet.

Stealth: [roll0]

SecondRevan
2012-07-14, 02:35 AM
"I guess I should also go round to the side door" Riian said. Hopefully he could get round there easily enough. He wasn't known for his flexibility, and his armour didn't help

Acrobatics [roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-14, 12:45 PM
As the group headed for the front door approaches, a dog begins loudly barking from just the other side of the door. A voice says something, unintelligible over the barking of the dog, and heavy footsteps are heard approaching the door.

For initiative, I'm going to handle this in a come as you can fashion, as to not spend too much time waiting for an action, and then put them in initiative order once everyone's moved. As such, initiatives, and what you plan to do when the door opens.

Riian and Calthas approach the side door, Riian nearly slipping on the wet boards into the water below before quickly catching himself. The door is locked, and soon after checking it do the pair notice the barking of a dog coming from the front door.

Same as above, Initiatives, and what you plan to do on your turn.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-14, 02:17 PM
As the dog begins barking, Aleamme's glare becomes sharper and fiercer.

"To Hell with this!"

He marches to the door and slams his boot into it, knocking it open.

"GAEDREN LAMM! I AM THE ORIFLAMME! JUSTICE IS COMING FOR YOU!" he bellows, spinning his sword around menacingly.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Othniel Edden
2012-07-14, 02:53 PM
I steady myself as to prepare bolts to fly, both crossbows aimed at the door hoping to bring down the enemy in the sunset's bright gleam.

Init

[roll0]

Full attack at an enemy not in melee and not in cover.

Thattaman
2012-07-14, 04:14 PM
Satanshay charges towards the door his spear in hand.

Init [roll0]

Wargor
2012-07-14, 05:34 PM
With a curse, Calthas steps forward. "So much for stealth!" He cries as he slams his foot against the door as hard as he can at what he judges to be the weakest point.

Init - [roll0]
Str Check - [roll1]

EDIT: Oh now that's just pathetic! :smallfrown:

SecondRevan
2012-07-15, 03:50 AM
Riian draws his sword and prepares to enter the room as Calthas attempts to kick the door open. He was not going to let Aleamme... he was not going to let anyone beat him to Laam. Ae was the only consolation to everything he lost when he left Lastwall to Varisia. Laam was going to be bought to justice at his hand.

Initiative [roll0]

stack
2012-07-15, 09:29 PM
Alex stands back form the door, ready to act once it is opened. He whispers urgently, "Don't hit the ones that fall asleep, they can wait."

initiative [roll0]

casting sleep to hit as many as possible once he has line of effect, DC 20 (16 base, sp focus enchant, greater spell focus enchant, +2 fey bloodline

Othniel Edden
2012-07-16, 11:55 AM
I'll let you figure out cover or shoting into melee, along with flatfooted. I just wanted to get the attack out of the way in case I'm too busy later on. Whatever Mug she feels like she can get the best shots on.
Crossbow 1
[roll0]
Crit Confirm
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]

Crossbow 2
[roll3]
Crit Confirm
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-16, 04:38 PM
As Aleamme breaks open the door, the pudgy man on the opposite side has no time to react before a wave of drowsiness passes over both him and the dog beside him.

Yargin: [roll0]
Dog: [roll1]

The pair collapse into a heap on the ground, not knowing what hit them.

(You have two unconscious opponents, and those going after Alex still have actions, if they wish.)

Meanwhile, the situation on the side door is significantly less simple. As Calthas moves to kick the door in, his foot slips on the slick wood of the pier, and only barely manages to keep himself from going over the edge into the dark water below.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-16, 05:18 PM
Faunra goes and opens the sidedoor from the inside, and then finds something to muzzle the dog and tie up the older gentleman.

Time to play hide and seek Gaedren. Going to have heat on your tail if you try to be as slippery as your fish.

Perception to find binding materials
[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-16, 09:35 PM
Aleamme looks to see who the other opponents are.

SecondRevan
2012-07-16, 09:55 PM
"Thank you" Riian said as Faunra opens the inside door, and walks inside. He looks around the room at the sleeping men, and a frown of disappointment flicks across his face that Laam isn't here. But, thye had a trail, at least.

If you want, I can try and pesuade them to tell us where Laam is, once they wake up" Riian offered.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-16, 10:16 PM
"We truss them up first. The dog too."

Aleamme opens his pack and begins fumbling for the rope inside.

Wargor
2012-07-17, 04:28 AM
"Thanks for that. " Calthas mutters, looking embarrassed as he steps in and surveys the room.

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-18, 02:08 PM
Once the man and the dog have been tied up, you have more time to get a better look around.The main room is actually two rooms, connected via an open door. There are two desks, one in each room. The first, in the front room, is full of official looking papers dealing with the Fishery's matters, as well as a small lockbox. The other desk is empty. There are two exits out of the room, one to the north, and one to the west. As soon as you finish searching, the man begins to groan groggily; the Sleep spell is beginning to wear off...

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-18, 11:08 PM
Aleamme grabs the waking man and holds him up by his collar.

"Where's Lamm?"

SecondRevan
2012-07-19, 05:37 AM
Having participated in several interrogations in his time as a guard, Riian decided to back Aleamme the best way he knew how. When someone like Aleamme attempted to scare them, Riian knew the best thing was to try the other, more diplomatic approach. He walked up to Aleamme and the thug, and forced them apart.

"There are two ways this can go. We are looking for Laam, and some of us are prepared to do whatever is needed. But trust me, if you just tell us where he is, I'll make sure you are let go, and nothing will happen to you" Riian said, unsure if he was telling the truth or not. He got out his holy symbol, and showed it. "I'm a worshipper of Iomedae. In fact, I grew up wighing to be a paladin. You can trust me. I only want justice, and I know that you aren't the one who deserves it. But I need Laam's location".

Despite the fact that I have a higher Intimidate modifier than Diplomacy, I'm going to try some good cop, bad cop.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Othniel Edden
2012-07-19, 10:15 AM
Faura takes a different tactic than the interrogation and starts looking through the papers and searching the desk for other clues. Her knowledge of Koravosa might be good enough to pin point some of Lamms clients, allies or other places of business. Lamms criminal activities needs to be stomped out.

Thattaman
2012-07-19, 11:10 AM
Nate enters the room, when he sees the man asleep rather than dead, he is surprised that his internal organs aren't horribly external from Satanshay. But maybe because of the distance between them Satanshay was less powerful and angry. He keeps out of the interrogation, because he's pretty much useless at that kind of thing.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-19, 12:00 PM
Having participated in several interrogations in his time as a guard, Riian decided to back Aleamme the best way he knew how. When someone like Aleamme attempted to scare them, Riian knew the best thing was to try the other, more diplomatic approach. He walked up to Aleamme and the thug, and forced them apart.

"There are two ways this can go. We are looking for Laam, and some of us are prepared to do whatever is needed. But trust me, if you just tell us where he is, I'll make sure you are let go, and nothing will happen to you" Riian said, unsure if he was telling the truth or not. He got out his holy symbol, and showed it. "I'm a worshipper of Iomedae. In fact, I grew up wighing to be a paladin. You can trust me. I only want justice, and I know that you aren't the one who deserves it. But I need Laam's location".

Despite the fact that I have a higher Intimidate modifier than Diplomacy, I'm going to try some good cop, bad cop.

"I grew up wanting to be a paladin too. Before Lamm decided to frame me for your wife's murder and had me disowned by everyone around me. By the sword of the Inheritor, Lamm will have justice this night. Don't think that silence will save you. WHERE IS HE?!"

Wargor
2012-07-19, 03:33 PM
Seeing that the interrogation of the man was well in hand, Calthas searches around the room for anything that seemed relevant to finding Lamm, looking especially amongst the ledgers on the desk.

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-19, 10:10 PM
"I...I don't mean no trouble..." the man says, breaking under the strain of the collected interrogation. "Lamm's downstairs, in his office. He hasn't come out in days. Keeps havin' me send food down to him from the lift in the back. Now, please don't kill me..."

The man's keys are easy to find, and the safebox is quickly unlocked. Inside, along with a few receipts and ledgers, are six pouches of coins, totaling 200 copper pieces and 100 silver pieces. The man also has an odd, gnarled wand, three vials of clear liquid, and a rather nice garnet necklace.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-19, 11:01 PM
"Good. We'll let you live. If you swear to leave immediately and sound no alarm, we'll untie you to let you run. And when you do, tell all you meet that Lamm met his end in the burning light of the Oriflamme."

Aleamme casts him back to the ground.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-19, 11:24 PM
I pulled out the Shine and showed it to the lot of them.

"I have a proposal gentlemen. I know most you'll are very for the satiation of vengeance, some of yas for justice. I don't think any of ya are here for the clink. My proposal then is that we take these blood monies and use it to alleviate those that suffer under Little Lamm's sheparding. If there be anything we can use here, I dare say that we should use it, but this... ill-gotten gain should be put to better use. "

It was then I decided to join the boys in their speeches. I pointed the wand at his chest.

"Before you go sweetheart, tell me what are walking into and what your toys do. You won't want them getting hurt, would ya darling?"

SecondRevan
2012-07-21, 06:08 AM
"I like your idea" Riian said. "But I need some of that money. I will not let a wife's wedding ring rot in some fende's shop. Afterwards, however, I have no problem donating."

Wargor
2012-07-21, 07:20 AM
"Aye, same here. My best friends family ring was also stolen when he was murdered by Lamm. I have to get it back in honour of his memory." Cal says gravely.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-21, 09:25 AM
"I'm certainly not opposed to using Lamm's ill-gotten wealth. I've been in dire need of medical supplies for my clinic for over a month now. The people of Old Korvosa can't exactly donate much, though they'd love to in gratitude for the aid I've given them, and the people that could afford a donation don't want people to know they visited some amateur doctor and mad preacher down in the slums."

Othniel Edden
2012-07-21, 02:13 PM
"On one condition then physician. Many of my comrades... are thralls of addiction through drugs by Gaedren's doing. Help them suffer no longer and you can have 50% of whatever my share is of whatever we find. The remaining bits of my share will go to help the remainder of his victims."

With great difficultly Faunra resorts to plain common rather than her peculiar way of speaking. She seems insistent, sincerer, sad, determined, and cold that at least does not profit off of Gaedren's criminal wealth. That could come from the security of her own position at the academy, or from a desire to resist the temptation of greed, or a genuine desire to help people. Her motives are unclear other than an inherent discomfort with the money.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-21, 02:56 PM
"On one condition then physician. Many of my comrades... are thralls of addiction through drugs by Gaedren's doing. Help them suffer no longer and you can have 50% of whatever my share is of whatever we find. The remaining bits of my share will go to help the remainder of his victims."

With great difficultly Faunra resorts to plain common rather than her peculiar way of speaking. She seems insistent, sincerer, sad, determined, and cold that at least does not profit off of Gaedren's criminal wealth. That could come from the security of her own position at the academy, or from a desire to resist the temptation of greed, or a genuine desire to help people. Her motives are unclear other than an inherent discomfort with the money.
"That won't be necessary. I'd help your comrades even if part of your share wasn't offered. My clinic's services are free of charge to any who require them. You have but to send them to look for the Oriflamme, the symbol painted over my door. I'll do whatever I can to help them, by the grace of Iomedae. Shall we continue, then? Discussing shares of loot is pointless while that loot's current holder still draws breath."

Aleamme almost seems to smile for a bit, before returning to that look of grim determination and self-righteous anger.

Wargor
2012-07-23, 05:51 AM
"Aye, you're right. Lets hope the noise hasn't made the rat scurry away. Now how do we get to him?" Cal asks, looking round the room for some stairs or a trapdoor.

Thattaman
2012-07-24, 12:27 PM
Satanshay has started to practically set on fire, from the anticipation of seeing Lamm's skull crished in his hands. Nate although seems almost completely neutral and hasn't even drawn his crossbow.

SecondRevan
2012-07-24, 06:17 PM
"There is probably a trapdoor somewhere. Let's see if we can find a way down stairs" Riian said, pacing around the two rooms looking for any inconsistencies in the auras of the room that would suggest a hidden passage down to Laam's lair. "Is there anything important on the desk or in the lockbox? Any idea what Laam is doing down there, or whether or not there are exit he could escape from?"

Perception roll: [roll0]

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-25, 09:34 PM
There are two exits in the room. One to the north wall, next to the door leading out onto the docks, and one to the west wall, behind the man's desk.

I thought I mentioned the doors already, but just in case, here it is again.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-26, 12:43 AM
"Which door shall we try first? I'm surprised more men haven't come to respond to the commotion."

Wargor
2012-07-26, 05:37 AM
"Lets try this one first." Cal says, pointing to the door next to the docks entrance. "Melee fighters first eh?" He asks, readying his pistol.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-26, 11:24 AM
"You won't have to ask twice."

Aleamme approaches the door, flambard raised to strike, and kicks it open.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-26, 02:29 PM
Faunra continues right behind Aleamme as to hope to get a clear shot before melee breaks out.

SecondRevan
2012-07-26, 06:08 PM
Riian approached the door with his blade raised, joining the rest of the frontline as they prepared to open the door.

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-31, 03:00 PM
As you kick open the door, the stench of the room beyond assaults your senses immediately. You stand upon a rickety catwalk overhanging a factory floor, where a large vat of fish parts stews in murky, disgusting water. On the floor below, you see another man, groggily getting up and grabbing for the large club next to him.

Othniel Edden
2012-07-31, 04:11 PM
Faunra quickly fires at the man with both crossbows before he can get up and engauge in melee.

Full attack
R:[roll0]
L:[roll1]
Damage
R: [roll2]
L: [roll3]
Crit
R:[roll4]
L:[roll5]

Edit;
Crit confirmed on the R-handed weapon I assume at 6 damage means he's hit for 12, if it did indeed hit.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-31, 08:45 PM
What kind of check would it be for Aleamme to safely leap from the catwalk to the floor below, chopping the man with his sword as he does?

Kira_the_5th
2012-07-31, 08:54 PM
DC 15 Acrobatics to avoid 1d6 falling damage, and you'll get a +2 bonus to hit for "charging"/stunting.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-01, 01:38 AM
Aleamme jumps from the catwalk with his sword raised, hoping to cleave the thug in two from on high, no words on his lips: just a cry of righteous anger.

Acrobatics check: [roll0]
Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage roll: [roll2]
Potential Crit Confirm: [roll3]

SecondRevan
2012-08-01, 04:36 AM
Riian enters the room, the stench overpowering his more sensitive nose. He was not going to follow Aleamme down, lacking any ability to do that, especially in armour. Instead, he looked for another, easier way to the bottom.

Thattaman
2012-08-01, 02:23 PM
Nate stares down at the man, desperately looking for a way down so he can kill this man.

Perception: [roll0]

Nate calmly looks down and draws his crossbow. He points it at the man and pulls the trigger.

Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Confirm: [roll3]

Wargor
2012-08-01, 05:16 PM
Following behind the others, Cal sights along his pistol and calmly fires at the man.

Attack:[roll0] (Not sure if I'm in range to be vs. his touch armour?)
Damage:[roll1]

Kira_the_5th
2012-08-03, 09:04 AM
The combined assault drops the man before he can even say a word, and Aleamme's blade drops straight intoo him, finishing the job. Aleamme's landing isn't quite clean, and he slips on the wet floor of the fishery taking [roll0] damage.

Upon getting a closer look at the man, you find that he is a half orc, and he is armed, waering a suit of studded leather armor. He looks to be a guard. As you search however, it becomes apparent what he was guarding. The sound of several young voices begin to quietly fill the room, and as you take a closer look around the room, you see several of Lamm's Lambs awakening from their sleep in worn hammocks scattered around the edges of the room.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-03, 09:19 AM
The combined assault drops the man before he can even say a word, and Aleamme's blade drops straight intoo him, finishing the job. Aleamme's landing isn't quite clean, and he slips on the wet floor of the fishery taking [roll0] damage.

Upon getting a closer look at the man, you find that he is a half orc, and he is armed, waering a suit of studded leather armor. He looks to be a guard. As you search however, it becomes apparent what he was guarding. The sound of several young voices begin to quietly fill the room, and as you take a closer look around the room, you see several of Lamm's Lambs awakening from their sleep in worn hammocks scattered around the edges of the room.

Aleamme stands, frowning a bit at the undignified landing, but he isn't seriously hurt. Still, it had the effect he'd wanted. He turned towards the others.

"The children are down here. We've got to get them to safety, immediatement!"

Wargor
2012-08-06, 01:27 PM
Cal heads to the nearest set of stairs down and rushes down. "Easy kids," he calls out in as kind a tone as he can manage, "we're not here to hurt you."

Othniel Edden
2012-08-07, 10:59 AM
Faunra heads to the next enterance and trains her crossbows on it after she reloads, letting the others deal with the children, as she is not keen on getting ambushed.

Thattaman
2012-08-07, 11:38 AM
Satanshay and Nate go into the room with Faunra ignoring the children.

SecondRevan
2012-08-08, 05:04 AM
Riian also ran down to the children. "We are here to help" he said. It was surprisingly easy for him to slip into the role of the good guardsman again, after everything that had happened.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-08, 12:36 PM
Aleamme sheathes his sword and looks to them.

"Do not fear, you are free now. Come on out."

Kira_the_5th
2012-08-08, 01:50 PM
As the children rub the sleep from their eyes, they begin to flock excitedly to Aleamme. Almost all of them are undernourished, and many show signs of abuse.

Meanwhile, a strangely high pitched voice comes from the other door, along with the sound of jingling keys fiddling into a lock. "What's going on out there? Giggles, if you've let one of the brats loose again I swear I'll cut your guts out!"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-08, 01:55 PM
Aleamme smiles a bit.

"We're here to deal with Gaedren. Please, stay here and keep quiet until we return. Then we'll make sure to get you to safety."

Kira_the_5th
2012-08-18, 11:55 AM
As you are ferrying the children out the front door, the west door opens, revealing a strange little man with a set of keys in one hand, and a straight razor in the other.

What are you doing?! Those brats belong to the boss! And where's that useless half-orc when you need him?

You guys are up, and it would be great to have people keep posting in this thread as well as Second Darkness...

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-18, 07:26 PM
"That useless half-orc is dead now, slain by the righteous anger of this city come to claim you and your master. No more shall you exploit these innocents for your gain. Justice is coming!"

Wargor
2012-08-18, 07:58 PM
"What he said, Lamm's time is over." Cal agrees, pointing his pistol at the man.

Othniel Edden
2012-08-21, 12:45 PM
Faunra steadies her crossbows on the voice and aims her crossbow at his heart.

Readied action to fire both crossbows when he is in range and makes an aggressive action, or if he runs to tell him boss.

Rolls in case
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

SecondRevan
2012-08-21, 10:40 PM
Riian gets his sword ready and makes sure that he is ready for anything that may happen, positioning himself between little man and the ranged participants of Riian's crew

Othniel Edden
2012-08-24, 02:53 PM
Faunra swears in elven calling the men indicating that she doesn't think the thugs have any parental skill at all and that everytime she meets someone Lamm hired that her admiration for his manipulations of the idiotic couldn't be understated enough.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-27, 02:23 PM
Hearing Faunra's statement, Aleamme intones a prayer of vengeance and justice in Celestial, promising the wrath of Ragathiel, champion of the Empyreal Lords, upon all who would cast duty to their fellow man aside for profit.

Kira_the_5th
2012-08-28, 11:19 AM
The gnome is struck deep in the chest by Faunra's first crossbow bolt, and flees in terror back into the room, slamming the door behind him. Behind the door, you can hear his frantic screaming to Lamm about intruders.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-28, 02:09 PM
"We must give chase! I won't let Lamm get away!"

Aleamme charges back up the stairs and rushes to the door after the gnome.

Thattaman
2012-08-28, 04:17 PM
Satanshay charges after Lamm, he looks like he's practically on fire and heat is radiating off him. Even Nate is giving chase, and is starting to look angry, which quickly disappears.

SecondRevan
2012-08-29, 05:38 AM
Riian also pursues, desperate to get the first blow on Lamm. Hopefully the gnome's brief escape won't give Lamm the chance to run and hide.

Kira_the_5th
2012-08-29, 09:21 AM
The door is locked. How do you plan on getting through the door?

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-29, 03:57 PM
Aleamme barrels into the door with his shoulder, hoping to crash through it.

Do I make some kind of roll for this? He basically just going to throw himself at the door as hard as he can. I think charging recklessly into battle with little concern for injuries gained along the way is going to be Aleamme's thing. :smallbiggrin:

Othniel Edden
2012-08-29, 06:58 PM
Faunra tries the keys they picked up from Lamm's building manager. If that doesn't work she attempts to pick the lock.
The whole reason I picked this version of the ranger.
Disable Device
[roll0]

Thattaman
2012-08-30, 06:32 AM
Satanshay will try the same as Aleamme, with Nate stopping befoe the door gets hit.

Kira_the_5th
2012-08-30, 11:18 AM
Normally, I'd ask for a Strength check, but for the sake of getting out of the opening scene, and that it's a cheap door, I'm skipping that.

Faunra kneels down to begin picking the lock, only for Aleamme and Satanshay to ram through the door, sending it flying off its hinges. The gnome looks back from the room beyond with a panicked look on his face before sliding down a rope in the center of the room. As he slides, however, he slips, and his cry is cut short by a short splash. His screaming resumes shortly after, before finally being silenced by something in the chamber below.

Wargor
2012-08-30, 11:41 AM
Calthas follows after the others at a run, pistol ready to fire at any targets.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-30, 11:51 PM
"GAEDREN! TONIGHT YOU FACE JUSTICE! GODS WITH US!!!"

Thattaman
2012-08-31, 08:08 AM
Satanshay smashes the door and lands on his feet, brandishing his spear. Nate then runs through his crossbow pointing all over the room.

Othniel Edden
2012-08-31, 12:20 PM
Faunra reloads her crossbows and rolls into the room, taking cover where she can find it.

SecondRevan
2012-09-02, 05:31 AM
Riian joins the others. "Can anyone see anything down there" Riian said, indicating to the rope. "My visionisn't good enough"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-09-08, 03:38 PM
Aleamme looks at the rope and thinks about what he just heard.

"I'm guessing we've found some pet of Gaedren's. One that's hungry. Anyone have a torch? I can toss it down there to see what it is."

Thattaman
2012-09-09, 11:07 AM
"This pet shall perish along with his master and all that stand in my way. Let's kill him before the coward can flee!"

Wargor
2012-09-12, 01:08 PM
"What are we waiting for then?" With these words Calthas rushes forwards and grabs the robe, before sliding down after the Gnome into the darkness below, pistol at the ready.

Othniel Edden
2012-09-12, 06:38 PM
Faunra lets both bolts fly at the shapes of the creatures below, reloads and then follows herself.

Init [roll0]
CB attacks
[roll1][roll2]
[roll3][roll4]
First round.

Second Round reload both crossbows

Third round climb down and fire a third bolt