PDA

View Full Version : Old School Adventures, the Funding Campaign by LotFP

Totally Guy
2012-07-05, 04:25 AM
This looks like an ambitious project! The Lamentations of the Flame Princess guy, James Raggi, is trying to crowd fund 19 old school adventure modules by 19 different RPG authors. The idea behind these is that you can use them with any sufficiently old school game system.

I’m no old school player but this scale of creation of content by a studio I respect really excites me.

I can’t decide which one to support. I doubt they’ll all make it to the 6000USD target… I might wait until near the end of the month to see what the situation is like then.

Funding overview (http://www.lotfp.com/RPG/grand-adventure-campaign)

some guy
2012-07-05, 05:20 AM
Yeah, there's a lot of talent writing/illustrating those. But I'm a bit worried that it's too much at the same time, that a lot of people would've funded most of the adventures if it was spread over a year, but now it's kinda steep if you want to support a lot of those adventures in just a month.

Totally Guy
2012-07-05, 07:21 AM
I fear you're right about the timing. It's not how I'd go about doing it.

some guy
2012-07-23, 07:30 AM
I just wanted to say that if you contribute to Kelvin Green's adventure Horror amongst Thieves (http://www.indiegogo.com/LotFPGreen) and that adventure doesn't get funded you get the adventure anyway. That's a pretty insanely good deal (If it doesn't fund you get your money back AND you get the adventure).

Totally Guy
2012-07-30, 05:00 PM
Vincent's adventure and Jeff Rient's have both funded. I don't think we'll see any others fund. I'm surprised that Monte Cook didn't get any attention as his name is on the 3.5 Dungeons and Dragons books.

I listen to Jennifer Steen's Jennisodes Podcast and I already backed her Ninja Panda Taco game. So that'll be my first encounter with the games she makes.

I waited until the last few days and I then decided to only back Vincent Baker.

Matthew
2012-07-31, 05:44 AM
Confusing stuff; so, there were originally 19 adventures, 2 have funded, 6 have crossed the $1,000 threshold, and the other 11 have... disappeared? Well, anyway, a bold undertaking, unfortunately destined to fail. Regardless, I suppose these adventures still exist, even if only as a kernel of an idea, so they can be published at another time.

Totally Guy
2012-08-01, 04:32 PM
Well I was wrong. 4 of them funded in the end. Kelvin Green's and Dave Brockie's adventures rocketed up at the last minute. I'm not familiar with either of these guys. Is anyone here their fans?

Monte Cook still surprises me. I thought the D&D 3.5 fans would have been more eager and numerous.

some guy
2012-08-01, 06:18 PM
I ran a Call of Cthulhu scenario written by Kelvin Green and I have him in my g+ circles. That scenario was pretty fun and seeing how his adventure has horror in it, I think it might be worth checking out.

Monte Cook's non-funding is surprising, indeed.